working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,661 to 214,680 of 235,356 messages
26/01/2013 at 08:02

Morning each,

Enjoy your time with your son Cheesy and make sure he does that forest run.  I bet he's not in Raf Reg if he needs persuading to run somewhere!

Not sure what's happening here.  Idiot stepson and his wife are kicking off again so not sure if we're taking Amelia to classes.  More later

26/01/2013 at 08:46
Morning all
Noggs grrr to daft offspring!
Come on spence! Perfect running weather just need tp get off road - Im just getting ready to go
XB
26/01/2013 at 09:28

Morning

A wonderful 4 miles in crunchy fresh snow. One of the most enjoyable runs ever. Lots of focus on form. 2nd and 3rd miles at exactly the same pace. Consistent.

It's not too late Spence.

26/01/2013 at 10:05

Morning,

Well done, XB. I don't think we ever got the chance to run in nice, crunchy snow as we don't get much of it here. We did rush out for an impromptu run once cos it was snowing and we didn't think we would get another chance to run in it (we were correct, as it happens).

(((Melli))), I hadn't realised that she was still in hozzie, never mind that she was trapped in Lanza! She must be bored out of her skull and crossbones 

(((C1))), glad to her that she is doing well. I swear that I am putting on weight just reading Chuggy' menus!

(((Tubs))) it is not right that you should be paying for things that are no good. That is just adding insult to injury .

(((Amelia))) what a shame that she has to miss out jus cos her parents are twonks

Friend and godson came over yesterday to do some painting for us. I had offered to pay godson to do it (paintwork in loo and bathroom) but his mum thought that she ought to come along too as he has not done it before. So, rather than supervising, she left him too it in the bathroom while she worked in the loo (not actually in the loo!). He made such a dog's dinner of it that his mum then had to go over the door with white spirit to try and get rid of the lumps and runs . TBH, her door isn't great either, we think we will have to take both doors down, sand them and repaint. Which leaves me with the dilemma of what to pay them...

MS has just gorn orf to play bowls. I need to collect a parcel, the 'Feliway' I think, from the depot (which is just over the road from here) and then do a bit of shopping - mainly the lovely, multiseed bread that Sainsbury's sell. I'm looking forward to meeting up with our friends this arvo.

I am still struggling with a sticky keyboard, I think it might be on its way out - which will be a real pain as it will mean a new laptop . I lie on my back with the lappy across my bent legs (unless Alfie claims that spot, in which case I put the comp beside me and contort myself to type!), so it would be really difficult for me to use a seperate keyboard. I will give it another blast of compressed air, but it didnt seem to make much difference last time.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

26/01/2013 at 11:00

morning

Still have a wooly head but it seems to be easing at last.

Cheesy, enjoy your son while hes on leave, your kidneys will have chance to recover when he's on his next tour!!!

oh well done XB, snow looks beautiful on the news but i know it can be a nightmare getting out, so well done you.

Gooooo on spence!

~~~~~~calming vibes for Noggs, hope it get sorted.

oh eck Sluggy, does Friend think she has done a rubbish job or did she think it was ok?  What about offering wine as payment?

We have a fireplace problem which has caused a domestic.  I'm just letting MrS get on with it because he's doing my bloody head in.

Right off to buy curtains.

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 11:55
Morning all

FGO done

I am waiting to go out on my bike, hoping the sun will dry the lanes out a bit

Cheesy, where is he based? What trade?

Chugs ... I think Meli is quite happy out there at the moment as she can't get many clothes on so the warmer climes are suiting!
26/01/2013 at 13:51

Gee, Melds, I'm glad there are SOME advantages to her being stuck down there. I would think it would be both boring and lonely, so hope she can get home soon, cold weather notwithstanding!

Snaily, sounds like you're more comfortable with a more, um, subdued hair colour  And glad the cold is on its way out. What kind of stove/fireplace did you get? Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to the placement? 

XB, the idea of running in fresh snow sounds so nice. But the few times I've tried it I nearly fell often enough that I just decided it wasn't for me. Too many hidden branches to trip over and ice-under-snow bits. I'm a wuzz with ice cos I had quite a bad fall on it up near Ft. William years ago. 

Oh Sluggie, how awkward with your friends! At least you know not to accept their help again  Re the keyboard, are you sure you couldn't use a separate keyboard? Maybe if you used one of these you could put it on your knees and rest the keyboard on it (the little ledge at the bottom would hold it in place)? (Also good for books and kindles and anything like that, you can use them anywhere--bed, chair, kitchen worktop.) Awful to have to get a new laptop just for the keyboard!

Oh Nogs, how frustrating for you and Amelia! I'm just so glad you two are there for her. BTW, thinking about your feet, one of the best things you can do is go barefoot as much as you can, just to give the balls of your feet and the toes a chance to spread out the way they're supposed to be. The less you squash them up into a narrow shoe, the better. 

Cheesy, how lovely to have your son home! Enjoy every second of it.

FarFar, so glad you managed to get out there today. Hope it was a lovely run. 

News from C1 (received about 2.30 am my time) is that they allowed her to have half a soft cheese sandwich. She was ecstatic!  It all seems to be going well. The horrible tube came out yesterday so she slept for the first time since last Monday, and she hopes to go home in the next day or two. MANY thanks for all the WAISter vibes, they really do make such a difference! xxxxxx

26/01/2013 at 14:49

Hurrah for C1

Belive me I would go if I could! Don;t mind crunchy snow but this is solid ice, took DD to the woods and the walk there was a right mare...might try the park tomorrow I'm not going to stress about it....much 

I finished the book How you finding them Snaily?

I've just watched this....37 minutes in...

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10105475/

26/01/2013 at 15:07

Chuggs,  I did buy one of the corrective things you did a link for, plus a couple of other torture devices.  The ones - correct toes - you mentioned, are doing the most good and are now quite comfortable whilst barefoot.

The Amelia thing has got worse, although HL has been very strong and told the eejits that enough is enough, we can't keep doing what we do with them being unpleasant and aggressive (depending on what drugs they've consumed)  Not sure how it'll resolve.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the roads tomorrow although I've been very diligent with my turbo work.  I need to get some mudguards for HL's new road bike so she can ride on the wet roads without getting filthy,

26/01/2013 at 15:18

Oh Noggs, how dreadful The poor child Shame she can't live with you!

26/01/2013 at 15:34

That's how we feel Spence.  We looked after her for quite a time when she was a baby and we're probably far too close to her emotionally.  It's not a nice situation.

XB
26/01/2013 at 15:56

It isn't good at all, Noggs and must be hugely frustrating. To be able to see that she could thrive in an alternative environment but you are powerless to intervene must be heartbreaking.

You would have hoped that Darwinism would have ensured that people like that couldn't reproduce.

On the positive side, you are making a difference to that little girl and she will always remember that.

26/01/2013 at 16:25

Nogs---XB said it all. 

((((((((((((((((Nogs, HL and Amelia))))))))))))))

26/01/2013 at 17:17

You are indeed Nogs

I'm making a Chicken Korma and a veggie Jalfrezi for my mates this evening I'm trying not to think about anorexic friend (her with the roof)  leaving the food down my toilet!!

I might have a glass

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:13

Tape the loo's up  

I have been up and over Ivinghoe Beacon on mebike, it was a little chilly up there so I came down again quickly and went to the gym to warm up

Came home just in time to see a repeat of the Jaguar - Born Free programme on Beeb2 that I missed midweek by which time I was freeeeeeeezing !!

26/01/2013 at 18:19

Yuck, cold and snow, cold and rain---sounds COLD everywhere 

Tubs, you obviously have some complicated problems, but surely they ought to be able to find some way to correct for them? And AT LEAST if the specs don't work, you shouldn't have to pay for them!!!! Like Sluggie said, it must be a real emotional rollercoaster, getting your hopes up each time... and surely it shouldn't be quite so hit and miss as this??

Sluggie, mega respect for getting into cold water at 7 am----brrrr!!!!! How disappointing that SB and gf couldn't come, seems as if you have been trying to get together with them for weeks now, but of course work has to come first. And a nice evening with 20 years worth of interesting info to exchange should be good fun 

Oh Melds, Melifera STILL in hospital? I didn't realise she was as badly hurt as that! Really hope she can get home soon, it must be awfully lonely for her!

XB, TWO runs in before 9 am??? (boggles) That's bliddy brilliant! 

Rossie and I had a nice 4 mile tramp, first time we've had a decent outing in a week.  Friends are taking us out for dinner tonight--yum! Eating out here is great---we had lunch out yesterday and Mr C had the menu du jour: big bowl of fresh veg soup and bread, cole slaw with charcuterie (4 types of salami/ham), steak with chips and 'crumble d'epinard' (spinach with a crisp crumb topping), profiterole, 1/4 litre of wine and coffee. For 12 Euros. Ten quid. Fab. 

26/01/2013 at 18:20

Nogs---XB said it all. 

((((((((((((((((Nogs, HL and Amelia))))))))))))))

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:25

Chuggs got indigestion again ?   

26/01/2013 at 18:36

M....eldy & Nog: He is on his trade training up at RAF Cosford, so still in the learning stage, He does get back fairly often, but has to split time between me and his mother, so its usually only a day at a time. He wont be on the run as he will be at hers tommorow oh well, next time.

Spence: that meal sound great! getting hungry now! dunno what we are having,

Snaily: Kidneys liked the mix, all gone now was a nice evening! Has your hair recovered from its Polenta time?

Lazy night in tonight, no more snow hopefuly and its going quickly here (E Sussex) so hoping tommorow wont be icy.

Nogs, XB is right, Amelia will remember the nice times over the unpleasant ones your input will make a difference, especially later. Hope it works out well in the end.

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:42

So he's done his stint at Halton then ? 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.