working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,681 to 214,700 of 234,986 messages
26/01/2013 at 18:51

Oh yes .... I think thats part of the reason he doesnt jump at the chance to carry on running / cycling at the moment, taking a rest from the basic training slog ...

Forgot to mention he's trade is ICT Tech

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 18:55
M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 19:12

I live a mile from Halton ...

26/01/2013 at 19:30

Really? what a great area! We stayed at the Bell in Aston when we've been there, and wanted to come back to ride Aston Hill tracks, as well as run the aston woods area, Its also halfway between here and Cosford, so will be a meeting point sometimes when neither feel like the full drive and meet up for the weekend!

There seems to be a lot around there

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 19:33

The RAF brought me here 

I live in Wendover which is the village down the hill, regularly cycle in Aston Hill

Noggs doesnt live too far away either and he has been known to get his leg over a bit of carbon as well

26/01/2013 at 20:39

What do you do? or is it a family/partner involved in the RAF?

I havent been through Wendover, we just happened to find the Bell to stay at and based ourselves on the 'other' side each time. Really took to the place, in a way its a shame he isnt there still as it was a great excuse to go there.

Found out what was for dinner, tomato stuffed baked peppers! was yum too!

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 20:43

I did my National Service there and then stayed ...  

26/01/2013 at 23:17

Goodness Meldy, gathering a right little gang round you there!

Noggs, what a difficult situation for all concerned Everyone's right though, Amelia will remember that you and HL were good to her, that's so important for kids, it really is. Hold onto that x

Slightly mad visit with family today. Tired now.

27/01/2013 at 00:31
Lovely evening food went well, good old chin wag
Brilliant!
M...eldy    pirate
27/01/2013 at 02:04

Well done Spence 

XB
27/01/2013 at 06:28

Just shovelling some breakfast in to fuel my LSR. I'm off to Preston to do the run I wimped out of on Friday.

I'm not sure how I will sneak out without the dog noticing.

Who was madder, Daffs?  You or the family?

27/01/2013 at 08:53
Er can someone confirm the day!? The snow which covered the back garden, the thick ice that covered the pavements has completely gone!! It's freaky !!

Of course that means I must do my 9 !! *sigh*

and I wanted to watch the tennis!

Perhaps if I get out in the next half hour it'll still be going when I get back!

Enjoy your run XB
27/01/2013 at 09:25

M...eldy have a partner ? I thought  she was like the black widow spider - she devours em after they're are mad enough to enter her web

morning - off to read back like a good girl

27/01/2013 at 10:09

(((C1))) thangoodness the body is healing itself and she's on the mend again. Bles fetchy woof and lovely of your friens to  make it to check up for Mummy and lift her spirits too

(((snaily pipes and firre place)))) Now the hair has been toned down, I guess you're no longer a shining beacon

(((Noggs, HL and Amelia)))) Dealing with feckwits is bad enough but when they are influenced by drugs it must be nigh on impossible.   Here's vibing madly for you and HL to be able to be such  a positive influence in her life and for you both as you are clearly devoted to her

SPence, why don't you just serve your friend Macedoine vegetables as it will look the same going in as it will coming back

(((DL))) I couldn't manage to do your job what with all that travelling and train changes

(((tubbs)))  Your glasses/eye issues would be hugely frustrating under any circumstances but to have to wait so long and pay so much  just adds insult to injury.

Noo bike, Noggs - once you have the new bike you will just have to egt new kit anyway

Lovely sounding crispy snow plodding, XB

(((mellifera))) that is bad news being stuck there so far away and in hozzie still

Sluggy, oh dear to your friends 'help'  and you still have the dilema of payment

No snow here, in fact, its very mild and wet. I had asmall recovery plod on Fri and apart from being generally unfit, it went well.  House work calls asthe place looks grim

27/01/2013 at 11:40

Morning each,

Ta for the thoughts regarding Amelia.

Two hours on some of Oxfordshires finest (also wettest and dirtiest) roads done and dusted(not that there was any)

.  It was a joy to be out despite wearing some old Aldi winter training tights.  When i started the insert felt like sandpaper, after an hour it felt like someone was taking an angle grinder to my groin..  They are headed for the bin.

Coffee and shower needed.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
27/01/2013 at 12:40

afternoon 

just back from my LverySR , started in sunshine and wind, ended in pouring rain and wind. Nevertheless I'm feeling 

What a relief that C1 is recovering - it's never easy when they are not well, but when they are far away as well it's doubly worrying.

as for young Amelia, it's a tough one to sit back and see all that's going on and feel so helpless. There will come a time though that she will be old enough to be making her own way to you independently.

There are quite a few of us here with connections to the RAF cheesey. My son is also RAF, he went in as a boy (17) in the ranks and has worked his way up and is now Flight Lieutenant hoiking the youngsters in to the establishment from the Stoke recruiting office 

I've just had my recovery fuel of banana and custard, so off to a nice relaing bath now 

XB
27/01/2013 at 12:50

I'm back.

Well pedalled, Noggle. I bet it was good to be outside again even if your nethers have been chewed.

Nicely run, Sue.

I managed 9 miles around the Guild Wheel which is a 21 mile circular route around Preston. It does have the advantage of being relatively flat but the disadvantage of meaning my 9 miles were into the teeth of a bitter wind.

Fortunately, I got to turn around and run the 9 miles back to the car. 18 done. Next time I'll do the full loop.

27/01/2013 at 13:43
Well done Dragon, XB and Noggin , although I do now have a picture of Nogs groinin my head!!!

I have done my 9 miles
XB
27/01/2013 at 13:50

Good girl

Anyone know where my ladies have gone? The house is empty and I had the car.

My guess is they've gone to see the Miserables. It would be rude for me not to take advantage and steal 40 winks on the sofa.

27/01/2013 at 14:00

If you get the chance have a look at Ski Sunday on BBC 2 in a bit.  I'll be taking HL on the downhill course that the racers are zooming down in a few weeks..  There are a couple of terrifying jumps on the course, although I should point out we'll be doing nothing like the speed of the racers.

In the Wengen Downhill 2 weeks back one racer reached 100mph - the first ever in a downhill race. I like going quickly but that's scary.

27/01/2013 at 14:13

Roni and I just back from our forest run And very nice it was too! very different look to the show covered one last week, but you'll be pleased to know there are no photos of me in shorts this time

M...eldy: did you continue in the RAF after NS?

Dragon: I am slowly learning what they mean by once you or a family member joins up, you all become part of a large family, which is great! lessens the shock of them being away so much.

Some good runs this morning /cheer all of you

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.