working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,701 to 214,720 of 234,929 messages
27/01/2013 at 15:18

Afternoon,

Great going by Noggy, XB, Cheesy and Sue. Did Spence stop moaning for long enough to get out??

I am glad to hear that C1 continues to improve and should be out of hozzie soon .

(((Noggy, HL and Amelia))) As she gets older, Amelia will start to really understand and appreciate the time you have spent with her. I was 21 when I lost my adored Grandfather, I will never forget that he was the one person who loved me unconditionally, the stable presence after my father left. 

MS has taken the first door down into the garage, sanded and repainted it. We have decided that friend + godson successfully washed, rubbed down throughout and painted the skirtings so we will give them 50 squid and they can divide it as they see fit. Friend would have come back with her hubby to sand down and make good but MS prefers to get on with it himself now. We are hoping that SB and g freally will be down next wekend,so it would be better if we have doors on the bathroom and loo!

(((WN)))

WAIST well xxx

27/01/2013 at 15:27
How could you say such a thing Sluggie!!
I did 9 miles!!

And now it's hailing! so glad I was out this morning!

I'm reading Lord Of The Flies, I see from the inside cover I first read it September '89 !
M...eldy    pirate
27/01/2013 at 17:00
Evening all!

I am going to run on a pavement and everything!! Well, I will in a bit ...

Me and the GPO had a good old sleep but it will never cease to amaze me how much space a flippin cat can take up on a bed!!

Cheesy I did 12 years, left in 97 after a stint in The Falklands and got a proper job

Noggs I enjoy Ski Sunday for more than one reason !!
27/01/2013 at 17:14

figure hugging ski suits, M...eldy 

defo get those doors on sharpish, sluggy - no boy should run the risk of seeing his Mother on the bog. Hoorah for Emess giving you a good rub down

well pootled, XB - Its a recovery nap and well deserved too

Noggs, dont use that chamois Butt r if the Nogg nethers are chaffed  - ouchee

well trotted, too, Sue - if I knew recovery food could be bananas and custard I might have taken running more seriously

sounds like a fab run again, cheesy - disappointing about the shorts though

I best phone me Muvver. I have run out of time to complete my chores and certainly run out of patience

Wine o'clock

27/01/2013 at 17:42
Yums wrote (see)
cheesy - disappointing about the shorts though 

OK, Now your worrying me .... I'll take some next run

Oh, hang on, its a night run tommorow, the pics wont come out!

Meldy: 12 years, thats a pretty good stint! Adams in for 9 minimum, then will see how it goes. Its still early days after all. Im not sure who misses our time together more, we had spent an awful lot together in the last few years, running, mtb'ing, drinking, talking, drinking. He's on his way back now, so got that gutty feeling again

I think Yums is right, its wine O'Clock

27/01/2013 at 18:19

Yoo hoo! Still here, defrosted, and done lots of stuff (mostyl number crunching and sorting out online stuff at school ...)

I've read back a bit. sometimes.

(((Nogs & gd))) makes you cross, but mostly what you can do is be there.

We had our church not-Christmas dinner on Friday night. We had originally thought of driving there and walking home, and I would walk/run up on Saturday to collect the car, but as it was bitterly cold and sleeting, we decided on driving both ways. When we came out, the nasty sleet had turned rather unexpectedly into deep fluffy snow, still coming down (I think it was the edge of the storm that closed the M6!). We helped two doddery couples out of the hotel/restaurant to their lifts - being given by slightly less doddery elderly couples - we were pretty much the youngest ones there! (also a busman's holiday for me, as I tied a pair of shoelaces and zipped up a coat - trust me, I'm an infant teacher!)

I still haven't run, although I could/should have gone this morning as it is bright, clear, dry and sunny but I finished an essay and sorted out the references (the thing that's meant to do it automatically didn't or not correctly!) and we've had a cold, blowy walk in New Brighton so I could photograph the lighthouse - it's such a cliche round here, but I think I'll try to take one a month! If you put one in a club competition, it's met by groans, but you do see some great pictures of it in magazines! familiarity, etc.

I will run tomorrow (Or Tuesday, as Mr P is on nights and it depends on how big a dinner he gives me!)

Preston Guild? you won't run that again for 20 years I suppose.

27/01/2013 at 21:10
Lol at you zipping up the coats Pippi!!
27/01/2013 at 21:48

Once a teacher, always a teacher, Spence)) But do post the photos, Pippi, you always make the world look so interesting and I'd love to see how you photograph snow!

XB, I seem to have missed it, but you must be training for a mara with those distances? Giant gold star for doing half with that wind in your face, it really has been bitter. Hope you had a lovely snooze when you got back as a reward!

Well chugge too to Sue, Spence, Cheesy and the Dragon. And of course well cycled Noggs (tho the bin sounds like the only place for those tights---ow ow ow!!!). 

Sluggie, what a tactful solution to the painting problem. Always difficult when friends are also on a sort of business basis. But I am sure you're right to get the doors back on before SB and gf arrive....certainly if you ever want them to come back! 

Wow, Melds, running on tarmac, just like a big gitl  Great news!

Yums, you sound a mite fed up. Nothing like chores on Sunday and carp weather outside to make you feel claustrophic....hope the win bottle helped turn your mind to something more pleasant! 

Many thanks for all the support from C1. It worked a treat, and she was released from hospital Sunday afternoon Melbourne time (that's early this morning to us). She is just so glad to be back in her own bed---which is good, cos she has to stay there for the next 2 weeks!  But this could have happened when she was deep in the Cambodian jungle or something, and then it could have got pretty messy, so we have been very lucky. 

Not much going on here: cold and very wet outside, so church in the morning and a fun couple of hours helping Dutch friend learn to use her iPad. When I got stuck, I called C3 to sort us out! 

BTW, if anyone is looking for a good read I just finsihed You Before Me, which was brilliant. Deceptively easy to read and very moving but also very positive. 

The one big drawback to C1 in Melbourne is that with a 10 hour time difference her day is my night so I mostly get sms's between about midnight and 6 am, so I think I'll toddle off to bed and get a bit of sleep while I can! 

M...eldy    pirate
27/01/2013 at 23:10

Did Chuggs just call me a big git?   

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
28/01/2013 at 05:36

morning - I heard that as well Meldy. Talk about Freudian slip 

Monday again, and no snow, so all the schools will be open 

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 05:58

Hoorah .....

If Sue is here then it must be nearly time to go home 

XB
28/01/2013 at 06:59

Morning. Bleurgh.

Definitely a Feudian slip. Tee hee.

28/01/2013 at 07:20

Morning

ooh brave Chuggie Although Meldy-The-Git does have a certain ring to it

I've lost another 2lb whoop! whoop! Not sure where from cos me trousers are still disappearing up me bum!!

28/01/2013 at 09:45

morning

Chuggy, Excellent news about C1.  I've read You Before Me and it was a great book.  I've just finished her second book Girl in the Painting (I think) that was brilliant too.  Highly recommended read.  I've nearly finished book 3 of Hunger Games, MrS thinks he's in the bad books because I havent spoken to him most of the weekend!

After this I'll be reading Paul McK cuz he is gonna make me thin!

Well done spence, another 2lb and hopefully your bum will stop eating your trousers!

(((Noggs))) hope things have settled down with GD.  From experience when she's old enough to realise what is going on, be prepared to have her living with you full time (thats what I did!)  SnailyMum situation wasnt drug related, but an abusive husband, I couldnt help the situation and relied on my grandparents greatly, it got too much and I moved in with them and it gave me the stability to finish school with decent grades and get a job.  I am forever in their debt!

I seem to have slept most of the weekend, my wooly head has gone, just the crackling ears remain.  Will start plodding again next weekend.  Had a bit of a domestic in the street last night, our neighbours row a lot, but aparently its been abusive, things got out of control last night and neighbour called for help, another neighbour came to the rescue and all hell broke loose, police called, things calmed down and the abusive bloke was taken away.  The couple have a teenage daughter and a 4month son.  Horrible situation I hope she's strong enough not to take him back, but I fear not so we'll be on alert from now on.

Right better do some work

XB
28/01/2013 at 12:42

That sounds a bit nasty, Snaily. Do you think they've been mimicing Corrie?

28/01/2013 at 13:03

Maybe Eastenders (they are Londoners!!!)  The worrying thing about the siutation is if she has him back, what happens then???  Nothing good can be gained from the situation until she decides not to have him back, or we just keep going circles of.  We'll just keep an ear out and see what happens.  Not only do they have a baby, but they also have 2 Yorkshire Terriers   Though I've never heard anything happen to them, but if I did I'd go in shouting my gob off, just to make the situation even worse!!!

I'm scoffing roasted swede soup (with a whole lot of other veg thrown in), bloddy yummy.  Tonight for tea we have Beef stew (with a whole lot of veg thrown in)......veg was on offer in Asda

28/01/2013 at 13:09

Snaily: Dont feel guilty about making me feel really hungry, I have just had my Yoghurt for lunch .... 

28/01/2013 at 14:04

Afternoon,

It is clear, from this thread, how very important grandparents are - and we have some really good examples here . No danger of us becoming grandparents in the foreseeable future though - thank dog!

Sounds as if you had an 'exciting' weekend, Snaily . I'm not keen on root veg, so you can keep your soup, thanks .

Has everyone's snow gone now? It is grey and damp here, temps around 4C, no snow to be seen.

Did aquagym early and have had coffee a lunch with my friend - nearly snooze time, I think!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xx

28/01/2013 at 14:08

I've done my interval session and now I'm scoffing a huge salad

28/01/2013 at 14:26

Spence: Your doing it too, aren't you  I am looking at an empty yoghurt pot .....

Looking forward to my night run later tho  first time with the new head torch! hopefully it will work better than the glowworm on a stick that I was using previously

Edited: 28/01/2013 at 14:29
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.