working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,721 to 214,740 of 235,737 messages
28/01/2013 at 15:16

Watch the RSPCA dont get you for abusing a glowworm

Lick the yoghurt pot cheesy, there might be a bit you left

We never had snow, and its now persisting down, so that'll be a flood warning in place then!!!

28/01/2013 at 15:20

No Gloworms were hurt in the making of this post 

Already done that, pot is stripped clean!

All snow gone from here, just the occasional ice patch thats left. 

XB
28/01/2013 at 15:32

You ate a whole yoghurt? Greedy git

I had a huge bowl of left over 4 bean chilli. Bloody lovely.

Running club tonight with my slightly mashed legs. I think I shall be the sweeper.

28/01/2013 at 15:34
Wind and rain here double yuck

Some fab running :0)

(((Noggs, HL and GD))) We're very hands on too as Jnr works shifts. I feel for you all, GD has stability and love from you, that's priceless

So pleased C1 is recovering well x

I walked 4 miles yesterday :0) Mr Tubs was supposed to pick Blue and I up after 30 mins or so but we managed to miss each other along the prom, it was getting dark. So I kept going and ended up at Jnr's flat and got him to ring Mr Tubs as my phone had gone flat on the walk. Blue carried his yellow duck all the way!

I made the mistake after 3 weeks of smoothies and steamed fish and veg, of succumbing to the temptation of not only a bacon and egg bap but chips as well! Nuromol are helping but as this ah hem, little problem has now been going on for 4 weeks I'm beginning to worry about not being able to go on holiday. We fly 3 weeks today. Think I've lost about a stone :0) There is no greater motivator to sort your diet out than pain!

(((( waisters )))))
M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 17:40

No ducks were harmed in the above post 

Its a revolting day out there today, I am glad there was just a trip to tescos and the gym on the plan for me... 

I appear to have DOMS in my calfs ... I am actually quite pleased with this as it means they are working so I treated them to a foam roller session

28/01/2013 at 18:02

Well done Tubbs

Do you know what I hate!? When you say no and people keep on....and on....and onI'm an adult, I don't want to go out Friday evening because a] we've had a huge credit card bill b] Mr Spence is on call so I might have to come back c] Saturday is LSR day....I'm flattered they want me to go but why can't people just accept a NO !! Grrrrrrr rant over.

As you were

Far Far might come and play in Shrewsbury

Pippi!?

hahahaha I know what you're thinking  

28/01/2013 at 18:07

No WAISTers were harmed in the above post.....well maybe JFF and Pippi 

They just probably think your a Grump Spence

Well I've been at work too long and goin ome.   Tomorrow I have the joy of a journey to Birmingham for training, 3.5hrs each way.  And the worst thing, someone is coming with me that I dont really know, so thats 7hrs of polite conversation

28/01/2013 at 18:20

Give us a wave Snaily

and yes they do think I'm a grump, but running after a curry  just makes me feel

28/01/2013 at 18:23

Don't have to sit next to them Snaily! I fretted about a similar thing with a colleague recently, and when we got on the train she said 'I hope you don't mind, I've got work to get on with so I'm going to sit over here'

Poor Tubbs Is there nothing they can do to sort you out?

Lots of running going on in here! I'm impressed.

Having a bit of a tough and glum time of it here at the minute No real reason, probably just darkness and grumpiness and too much thinking and not enough running. Struggling to get out of the door, or, in fact, do anything other than have both real and imaginary grumpy conversations with anyone who gets in my way (or sometimes with people who aren't even there at all)

28/01/2013 at 18:28

What am I thinking?

Well the good news is I've just (!) entered Liverpool half for March ... 1000 places left out of 8000. Bad news is I now have to be fit and well and run it ...

Good news is I didn't have an enormous tea, so I will be feeling up to a run.

Bad news - I have to psych myself up ... but hang on, I've just entered a half!!!!

Good news - I'm on my way! well, in a minute ...

Chugggs - programme on BBC you might like - Howard Goodall History of Music. Quite interesting,  and light, but with a few annoying things like saying the music went along parallel lines - do we really need to see railway lines to understand that?

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 18:42

Daffs that is most unlike you?     You need to find something cheery in the darkness
Make a day where you do nothing except what makes you smile   

Whoop Pippi !!!

XB
28/01/2013 at 19:00

Crikey Daffles. It'll soon be spring and the daffs will be spreading their cheer.

Running group was cancelled tonight. We had a number of freaky downpours.

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 19:22

I just got off the phone with a friend who lives in Scotland.

He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling.

The temperature has dropped to minus 5 and the north wind is increasing to gale force.

His wife has done nothing all day but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

He says, that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

28/01/2013 at 19:56

Was this friend Westie by any chance? sounds like one of his!

I've been and runned. Lots out tonight, making the most of the thaw!

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:00

The gym was pretty busy as well .. they'll all be gone by February !!

CH4 looks good for all you WW fans  

28/01/2013 at 20:02

William Wordsworth?

28/01/2013 at 20:03

I've been to look at the Radio Times website and I'm still none the wiser ...

28/01/2013 at 20:04

It's going to hit 13 deg tomorrow! We had a summer in France a few years back and that was the high!!!

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:04

How Weight Watchers made their millions

28/01/2013 at 20:19
Oh what!!? Daffers that is so not you, have lots of (((((((hugs)))))) lovely xx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.