working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,741 to 214,760 of 232,753 messages
28/01/2013 at 20:32
I was wondering what the heck you were talking about Meldy!!
Just caught the last 5 minutes!
M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:55

Muppet 

28/01/2013 at 21:24

Ok, come on, hands up, whose stupid idea was it to go for a forest run tonight to test my new head torch? go on, admit it, who was it?

11k, and odly not a bad run. Head torch worked quite well, much brighter than the happy glowworm so a result there. Unfortunately the focused beam is too small close up, and although there is good light around it, I would like it a bit brighter in a bigger circle close by. However, I could see stuff a long way ahead! such as rain, puddles, mud, more rain, plenty of rain and in some places, sideways rain where it was windy too!

Roni wants to get me certified .... I didnt think I did that well ....

M...eldy wrote (see)

His wife has done nothing all day but look through the kitchen window and just stare.

He says, that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

OK now that was funny

Had my go at the food now, just stuffed a plate of rice cooked smoked hadock! wonderful

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:26

Just having the food chat elsewhere as well

Baked Spanish Risotto tomorrow night and the night after and the night after... its lush 

28/01/2013 at 21:40
Ooh what's that sounds lovely !
XB
29/01/2013 at 06:59

Morning.

It does sound rather delish. Recipe?

I've got a rather super dooper hand held torch, Cheesy, that would supplement the headtorch when it's really dark. Something like Torch linkie

2 miles recovery d&d

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 07:00
29/01/2013 at 07:11

morning

Been awake since 3  

29/01/2013 at 07:53

Morning each,

I had to do some paid work yesterday - I didn't like it too much.  I have to do some more today -  even worse.

Looks like it'll be a turbo session later as we're due loads more rain today.

Coffee?

29/01/2013 at 07:57
tea please noggs.

grumpiness is not like me at all, and i don't like it! (neither does anybody else...) just cancelled weekend away - spending 10 hours on 7 different trains to spend three days in a hostel with 30 people i mostly don't know might have done me good but i didn't feel like risking it... just going to spend 3 days doing whatever i fancy when i get up instead

on train to work right now though, yawn.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/01/2013 at 08:25

morning

Daffs, it may be a daft question, but are you taking your meds as you should? If so, why not get your bloods checked?

My 6 mile pre work run was held up by a lamppost that got in my way this morning! I now have a broken garmin strap, a rather large bruise and a damaged ego! I was trying to look where I was going, but it was raining, street lamps were out and my glasses were steamed up 

Better get going for work, a tricky morning awaits - sickness reviews and a grievance* submission to contend with 

(can't deal with grievances unless I can spell it 

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 08:26
29/01/2013 at 09:06

Cripes Sue, that sounds dramatic.

Daffs, we need you back to your cheery self, 

Work calls.  bleurghhhhhhh.

29/01/2013 at 09:11

Morning all,snow melted away here now but replaced by wet & windy stuff now.

did manage to stagger round 6 miles yesterday but think too little too late for Inverness half.

Can't imagine a grumpy Daffs just does not sound right

just more coffee to drink and more lurking scheduled so play nice.

29/01/2013 at 10:07

Morning all 

XB: thats similar to one I looked at, with the zoom bit, I was hoping not to have to carry it, but its small enough not to worry about I think. nice price too 

YoD: ouch! lamp posts are not very forgiving

I think a combination of this weather and work makes everyone feel grumpy, seems like the whole company feels a bit damp this morning...

Anyway, got a nice cup of tea ready.

29/01/2013 at 10:22
(((( daffy ))))

(((( sue )))) ouch! Glasses steaming up are a nightmare!

Pain free at the moment. Thank dog

Porridge for brekkie with oat bran and seedy stuff.

(((( waisters ))))
29/01/2013 at 11:50

morning all

(((Daffers))) hope you are feeling cheerier

I'm still streaking - running every day although often only 2 miles - really like it acshully cos theres no shall-I shan't-I

29/01/2013 at 12:32

Ouch Dragon!! And a grievance too, pah. How's the new arrival?

I am indeed taking meds as I should, that did occur to me too, but I had a routine blood test just before Christmas and everything was stable (as it has been for most of the last year). I'll get over myself soon enough I imagine! :P

29/01/2013 at 13:22
Oh dear Dragon what plank!!

Ahh Daffs, hope it passes soon!

I'm shattered trying to keep awake!
29/01/2013 at 14:32
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/tubsterr62/a340f70c2b61312f96866a3b7279e0a0_zps14a2ac55.jpg

It's a hard life!
29/01/2013 at 14:34

hi people my name is carl im new to running , started 5 weeks ago , also gave up smoking 14 weeks ago, the best thing ive ever done, just want some advice on how much i should be doing , i started doing 2 miles walking and jogging i am now jogging 4.3 miles every other day and 6.4 miles once a week does that sound like to much or is that about right? any tips would be grateful thanks.. ps running is more addictive than nicotine

XB
29/01/2013 at 14:37

Well done, FarFar. Little and often will get the job done.

You need to come for a run with me Daffs. It'll either cheer you up or finish you off.

Get out for a run, Spencey, the fresh air will wake you up.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.