working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,761 to 214,780 of 237,101 messages
XB
06/02/2013 at 07:42

Morning.

I'll have a pot of green tea, please. A large one; I need rehydrating after a super dooper intervals. 8 x 0.25 mile with 2 min recovery. Smashing way to start the day.

06/02/2013 at 07:55
Morning

Hope the burn isn't too bad Snaily.

A historic day towards equality - hoorah and falderee - but I hope OH isn't expecting another do

A day at home in preparation for two away. Methinks I should probably have gone out for a run, but it didn't happen - oops

Happy Wednesday one and all
XB
06/02/2013 at 08:24

There's still time.

06/02/2013 at 08:37

Morning all  (x for poorly burns )
off for my MOT this morning well not the car one my one see if I have failed and need new legs . heart , lungs ,so will have my annual chat with the Doc and then see if Mrs wants the shops .
Waist well

06/02/2013 at 08:56

Morning All

Hope the fingers aren't too bad this morning Snaily

Good Luck Westie

Yep the Break the Cycle was quite evocative, started with a load of gravestones with names and ages of teenagers who'd died from gun / knife violence and in the middle a blank one for the next victim.  There was an older chap who told a story about forgiveness re when he was 6 his father accidentally ran over and killed his 1 1/2 year old brother and how his mother had forgiven his father and his father his mother (for not keeping more of an eye on the kid) and how they were thus stronger than if they had blamed each other - you could have heard a pin drop in the room which isn't bad for 150 14-year-olds!!

Then the ex-gang chap who was so typically "stereotypically New York Gang" - really loud and in their faces but again with some good messages and examples about what hating does for you and what caring does for you and some interesting angles to take

e.g. if someone goes home, looks you up on Fakebook and then writes something horrible about you, brush it off as unimportant and consider how important you must be to that person that they made such an effort to get at you - after all if they really disliked you wouldn't they just not bother?  You could see it gave some of them food for thougth especially as Fakebook is probably the source of 80% or more of social issues between the kids in school - staff loathe it!!

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 08:57
06/02/2013 at 09:55

Morning all  another day starts in the fun house! And tea is almost ready

Podds: One of the great things about the speaker being a 'proper' ex gang member (as opposed to the street corner thug types like most wannabees over here) is that they get an 'earned' respect from virtually all teenagers (and adults usually) because of what they have done/been so anything they say gets listened too. If that is bad, they go away thing its ok to do it, it did him no harm and was fun, but .... if its good, like it sounds like this guy was saying, then it leaves a far deeper mark on them. they will never forget that if some seriously tough mean assed gang member can be nice, helpful, wish he hadnt done stuff or hurt people, then I can do the same. Its such a shame that more cant do that. Trouble is, it needs to be a serious gang member, not some bunch of street thugs of football louts to work, as thay dont usually get taken seriously.

Dog, that was a verbal spout for so early in the morning! I'll shut up now 

Westie: good lick with your MOT

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 09:55
06/02/2013 at 12:58

Afternoonicles,

(((snaily))) srry that I wasn't around to offer advice - if I had been, I would have recommended cold water, just like the others .

Daffy, how lovely to have Beanzie attend your work thing, I do hope that she is well.

(((FarFar))), it sounds as if life is pretty hectic if you don't even have time to WAIST .

~~~Westie~~~  Better not fail the MOT as we don't want you to end up in the scrapyard!

Sorry, I don't have much in the way of Alfie photos as the solid black doesn't come out very well. He is asleep on the end of my bed currently, having had a niceplay session earlier.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

06/02/2013 at 13:02

Yoghurt eaten, more tea on the way and looking forward to my intervals tonight 

Its really quiet in here again? I seem to have that effect on forums I join 

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 13:02
06/02/2013 at 13:08

afternoon (I'm typing with one hand!!)

Poods I think I've seen that scheme on the telly, it sounds really good and seems like its having some positive impact.  They should do the same for teenage pregnancies!

Are those wedding bells I hear from up north......DL taking the Mrs on a romantic weekend away, is she going to pop the question?????  So do we get to go on 2 hen parties 

JeezI opened a can of worms this morning mentioning the Marriage debate.  I was shocked how many people in my office are against it, young and old.  I shut my mouth before I said something I shouldnt have. There was a really funny comment from an MP about straight couples leaving their marriage because Elton John had proposed to his partner, made me chuckle.

Good luck with the MOT Wesite

Like the name Lambie

I didnt run last night, flippin freezing out, well done all you who braved it.  We have a few fences down so MrS is busy helping the neighbours to secure them.  Roll on Spring.

06/02/2013 at 13:11

we're like buses cheesy, none for ages then 2 of us come along!!!

Oh and fingers were really painful last night, burns are so painful.  This morning they are sore with blisters and redness, but at least the heat has gone.  I wont do the same thing twice!

06/02/2013 at 13:26

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary
surgeon. As she laid her pet on the table, the vet
pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's
chest.

After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and
sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles, has
passed away."

The distressed woman wailed, "Are you sure?"
"Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied the
vet..

"How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean
you haven't done any testing on him or anything.
He might just be in a coma or something."

The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the
room. He returned a few minutes later with a black
Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on
in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his
front paws on the examination table and sniffed the
duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the
vet with sad eyes and shook his head.

The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out
of the room. A few minutes later he returned with
a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately
sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back
on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and
strolled out of the room.

The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry,
but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably,
a dead duck."

The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys
and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..
The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!"
she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"

06/02/2013 at 13:28

The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my
word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the
Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's now $150."

06/02/2013 at 13:43

O

M

G

Heard it before, but love it, one of my fave chuckle jokes

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 13:43
06/02/2013 at 13:45

morning all

the marriage thing caused a heated discussion here too - I sometimes find people who profess to be religious to be somewhat bigotted - sorry to offend!

Spence - I missed the early entry for Chester, have been snowed under at work! but i will sort out my entry soon.

4 miles plodded this morning - need to start working on my speed now though cos I'm a proper plodder!

06/02/2013 at 13:50

hehe nice one Podds

06/02/2013 at 14:15

Yep, still one of the best, Podds! 

Over here the marriage thing is history. For the last Any two adults who want to get married can, and do. I'm afraid I just can't see what the issue is. If two people love each other and want to make that public and permanent, what's not to love? 

(((((((((((Snaily's hand)))))))))))))

Burns hurt more than anything else===hope it's better soon!

XB, I think you'll have to devote some of your spare time to writing a cookbook, everything you're eating these days sounds so yum!

C1 went to hozzie for a check. The good news: the air has mostly been reabsorbed and she can go to back to work next week. The not so good news: there are some shadows on the x ray that MAY be further ulcers forming, so she has to continue to be careful and in the next few weeks they will take her in, knock her out and put a camera down to see what's going on. Hopefully the answer will be: nothing, but best they check.

Scuse me for being rude and rushing off but I'm about to go to the British School Careers Day. They needed someone to handle the Law desk, and couldn't find anyone else so I said I'd do it. Always fun anyway. Laters. 

06/02/2013 at 14:18

good one there podds, is Westie giving you tips!

Religious peeps I can understand, it is what they believe in whether I agree or not.   But it was the "its always been that way" comments that make me .  So when women werent allowed to vote we shouldnt have changed it because its "always been that way" there's a long list of things were its always been that way, doesnt mean its right!  Even MrS who cant even watch a gay couple kissing on TV (unless its women of course!!) said "whats the problem"!!!!

Its sunny, I want to be outside rather than stuck in my cube

06/02/2013 at 14:19

06/02/2013 at 14:19

ok that should have been waving to chuggy!

06/02/2013 at 14:44

oooh DL's having a 'do!?'

Super must get a hat

There was a bloke in radio yesterday had been with his partner 42 years, partner died, family stormed in, he got nothing that aint right. (moral of the story of course is make a will!! but you know what I mean)

Two people in love hurrah I say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~C1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'My Mate J' and I are following the same half mara plan she did her 5 miles on Monday in 52:39 I did mine today in........52:39 how spooky is that!!?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.