for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,801 to 214,820 of 237,145 messages
07/02/2013 at 09:51

Morning

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

sprogs arrival in this house hold would cause a catastrophic disaster

Same here Snaily!!

Tubsterr wrote (see)
We could always just celebrate being friends :0) 

Aww - what a lovely thought Tubs But can we still have bubbly and cake and stuff?

It was absolutely totally brass monkeys this morning but I guess that's what you get on a north facing beach with a strong northwesterly wind......... The NV was less than impressed as he really doesn't do cold or wind   The other two had an absolute ball although Sharkey did get bashed in the leg by a huge branch wielded by Harry (yellow lab) and had to go into 3 legged mode until enough fuss had been made of him to allow him to manfully limp along behind us 

07/02/2013 at 11:18

Whoa! I was sitting here admiring the sunlight and thinking about dashing out for a little chug when BAM! it started dumping hail like no tomorrow, following by driving rain and heavy gusts of wind...that's stopped now, but there are dark clouds leaning down and looking very nasty. Might re-think....

i think Tubs is onto something: 

Tubsterr wrote (see)
Leaves large pot of coffee. And looks wistfully at it :0)

(((( waisters ))))

And I wouldn't worry, Podds: I think it's obvious that ANY WAISter party is going to involve mountains of cake and fountains of bubbly, amongst other things  

Tubs, so glad things are settling down for you. Sounds like you'll be fine as long as you're pretty careful what you eat. AT least you know how to handle it. 

Podds, I love the sound of Sharkey, what a thespian! (And don't we all know that male thing of bravely-suppressed whimpering that goes on until all sympathy has been extracted, at which point he manfully straightens up and with a gallant smile resumes marching, though with a visible limp? 

Careers thingy last night was a bit chaotic. School hadn't decided whether it was a fair for uni's and other higher education places to put out their stalls, or a careers guidance evening. But I talked to quite a few intending lawyers, so maybe did some good....

Sunny again now, but looks pretty rotten with clouds, I'll look at the radar prediction for rain and see if there's a break coming...

07/02/2013 at 11:29

Mr C left 3 minutes ago for a walk. 'Ah,' I thought, 'the sun is shining, maybe pop out for a chug now...' The sun is still shining but now it's ALSO sleeting so hard I can hardly see the trees in the garden...

Maybe it's a day for some core exercises instead ...

07/02/2013 at 13:09

The elements are against you Chuggs!

07/02/2013 at 13:12
Today I are mostly being bonfire man. I've pollarded 14 willows and savaged a native hedge.

My kindle fire is arriving today that'll keep me quiet for a bit.

I don't think i'll have time for a road ride today so I guess it'll be the turbo.
07/02/2013 at 14:41

Today I am mostly doing presentations and eating free lunches and swishing my newly dyed hair and wearing my new lipstick

Oh, and feeling like a 12 year old having just got a date for my grade 8 flute exam...

07/02/2013 at 14:58

Looking good Daffs - see you didn't go for the same hair colour as Snaily though 

So when do we need the vibe machine for you? I never got past grade 5 so I am in awe of grade 8!!

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Podds, I love the sound of Sharkey, what a thespian! (And don't we all know that male thing of bravely-suppressed whimpering that goes on until all sympathy has been extracted, at which point he manfully straightens up and with a gallant smile resumes marching, though with a visible limp? 

Oh - you have it down perfectly chuggs - that's exactly how it played out.....

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 14:59
07/02/2013 at 15:03

Tubsterr wrote (see)

How lovely

very glam Daffs

Another sprog here would be a blinkin disaster  !!!!

well done Snaily, that's a great start

Lovely lunch, baked pot with prawns and no pudding

07/02/2013 at 15:11
PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

Looking good Daffs - see you didn't go for the same hair colour as Snaily though 

So when do we need the vibe machine for you? I never got past grade 5 so I am in awe of grade 8!!

I went for a rather more sedate 'berry red' colour

Exam is 13th March - at 15.44 precisely I too am in awe of grade 8 (I did 7 at school but that was 15 years ago and 8 feels like an awfully big step!) - need to take the next five weeks off work to learn my scales...

07/02/2013 at 15:29

Another sprog here would be a miracle

Berry red  I'm sure it looks grand.

Mine is light brown ( with silver lowlights)

I've never taken a music exam, good luck Daffs, grade 8 sounds awfully serious.

A quick cup of rooibosch then its turbo time

07/02/2013 at 15:30
I misread Noggs pollarding as bollarding and now have a mental image of lots of willows surrounded by traffic cones :0)

I am definitely on the mend :0) Nipped to the health shop and now have Magnesium tablets and probiotics to help with digestion and MSM tablets which are supposed to help with healing :0)

On the downside I've got used to my new glasses and happened to glance down at the scales when Mr Tubs was checking my weight. I've lost another pound but am the weight of a small pachyderm :0( 2 stone 3 lbs to shift to get my BMI down and break the 12 stone barrier. Unless I balance on one leg whilst leaning on the wall in which case I weigh less than a Hobbit :0)

(((( waisters )))))
07/02/2013 at 15:43

and this is me, posting on my new tablet,  it seems very wizzy and I,'ve only just fired it up.

07/02/2013 at 16:08

Get you flash Noggs!

Aww tubs - if you WAIS it will come down and TBH you want a very gradual reduction as otherwise you won't stick to it and that's when the weight piles on again.....

When Guttie used to go for his annual check he'd always keep a paw on the floor - I swear he knew he was going to get grief for his weight 

07/02/2013 at 18:14

Funny day - one little boy went home early to see his new baby.

I said "I didn't know your mum had had the baby"

"Yes," he said, "it's a little boy called Judge Dread!"

This is wishful thinking.

It's actually a little girl with a pretty girly name!

07/02/2013 at 18:56

lol Pippi !! 

Well done Tubbs, slowly, slowly does it......well that's what I'm telling myself!

eek Daffs, that's sound well scary!!

Proud mom alert!

I've been to daught's parents eve, several of the teachers nearly moved me to tears with their comments...and this isn't about being academic or not (she's a set 2 plodder not a set 1 A*) but their comments about her.  Her work ethic, her personality, her kindness, her conduct....to say I'm proud is an understatement. I always wondered what would happen if I didn't like my children, you love them whatever, but what if you didn't like the person they were growing into!?  Thankfully I have no worries about that

M...eldy    pirate
07/02/2013 at 19:29
Stoooopid RW won't let me post normally as the pesky Nike Ad is over the page (see website bugs)
I am here, I am alive
07/02/2013 at 19:46

Evening,

Yes, I wondered why the ad had taken over the page!

Ooooh, get you Noggy, posting on your new gadget .

Love the hair Daffy and the lippy looks very glam.

Tubs, it is good that the 'cure' for your problem is also helping with weight loss. I really envy your walks up the glen,they sound idyllic.

Awwww Spence, how lovely that the teachers speak so highly of your daughter, no wonder you are proud. SB went through a rather horrible stage and I wondered what on earth we had done wrong - he is now a lovely young man, it just needed a bit of patience.

Take care of those fingers Snaily, hands can easily get infected.

Glad to hear that C1 is doing well, lets hope that the scope shows nothing untoward.

DL, I remember your Civil ceremony and can understand why you don't feel the need for another shindig. It would have been a great excuse for a party though! My next big birthday is in 5 years but I am not really a party person I'm afraid.

Cheesy, I don't tink I willjoin ou fo the SDW50 unless that is 50 metres! Thanks all the same.

I have just read a book called 'Cleo' about a little black cat (who lived to the ripe age of 24!). I cried myself into a migraine and had to cancel my Thursday man at zero notice. I'm feeling a bit more human now but cried off Eaters' Club to be on the safe side.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

07/02/2013 at 20:02

oooo get nogs with his new tablet and his highlights!

Oh well done girl Spence. you right to be proud.

Tesco calling

07/02/2013 at 22:27

Awwww, Sluggie, that's the sort of book that one never knows whether to read or not.....sounds like you enjoyed it, though, really! 

Nice tablet, Nogs ) Now go back on the pooter and see if you belch when you next get in here. (And if you don't, then why do I????)

Daffs, you look bee-yew-tee-ful! And grade 8 is really really good---getting close to professional level, isn't it??

Glad to know you're here and alive, Your Meldiness  Wouldn't be the same in here with  you, that's for sure!

Oh Spence, you should be VERY proud! That's the nicest thing a parent could ever hear----and, incidentally, also the best recommendation for Miss Spence's success as time goes on! xxx

Gosh, Pippi, I hope her big brother's nickname for her doesn't stick! 

Tubs, brilliant that you're continuing to feel better. And does it mean that the new specs are also settling down? Re weight loss, Podds said it all (although I'm the first to admit that the foot-on-the-floor method has a lot to be said for it!) 

In the end I did manage to slip out for just a couple of miles in between the downpours. First took Rossie, but she really doesn't like going far from home in this weather, so I took her back and then carried on alone. She's getting to be an old lady now, too, and I don't want to push her at all. 

08/02/2013 at 07:01

mobring each.

a bit chilly here today, I have a day of clearing/chainsawing/slash and burn.

I' 'll try the laptop in a bit Chuggs, meanwhile, coffee is brewing.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.