working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,801 to 214,820 of 229,672 messages
30/01/2013 at 15:45
I'm sorry Poddsb but I did laugh at your doublied allowance!

(((( lurgified waisters ))))

I'm glad you all like my rather gorgeous pussy :0) He's curled up next to me fast asleep :0)

After 5 pretty rough days I think I'm back on track. I lapsed last Thurs and had not only a bacon and egg bap but chips as well :0( Boy have I paid for it since :0( For over 3 weeks I've cut out bread ( except Thurs ), choklit, tea, coffee and anything ready made or processed. Lactolose and Nuromel have proved invaluable and the Internet a damn sight more helpful than the doc. The downside is the recent high winds are entirely down to me!

Mr Tubs and I went for a bracing walk along the blustery prom yesterday, I kept shooting forwards like a blast ended skrewt ( Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ) then the heavens opened and we got absolutely soaked!

Listening to the Hunger Games :0) Really enjoying it and about to get the next one from Audible :0)

((((( waisters ))))
30/01/2013 at 15:47

E-Bacc or not E-Bacc that is the question!!?

30/01/2013 at 15:56

Missed you there Tubbs, glad you're back on track

30/01/2013 at 17:17

Afternoon,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Tubs.

~~~Podds~~ Sterkte. I hope that we will see you more often when this week is over.

(((DL))) I spect you picked up your bug on one of them there train things.

Spence, what on earth is 'E-Bacc'??

I love the idea of muddy dawgs and neddies, I used to like getting muddy too.

Mmmm, that baked risotto sounds scrummy, I will have to give it a go as it seems to take zero preparation.

Noggy, I love the new name. I guess that N+1 is the correct number of Noggie replies on any thread??

Yumms, I am sorry that the nasty big boys kept you awake by playing with their choppers. I am surprised that Meldy didn't ask them to switch the overhead fan off for you!

Chuggy, it sounds as if there wll be lots of lovely celebrations, Idon't blame you for wanting to be in NL at the appropriate time. It sounds as if C1 is recovering nicely and has also come to a decision regarding the boyfriend - is this the one she was seeing in London, or someone else?

It was blowing a hoolie here last night but much better today - I even saw blue sky on my way home from the quack's (routine stuff, nothing that I am worried about). I am feeling very tired at the moment though, so was glad of another quiet day at home . My friend's appeal is ready to post, I just hope that I have done a good job for her.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 17:38

Afternoonicles 

Me and the boy went out again this morning which was nice ... he has always loved puddles, some horses you cant get near water for love nor money, mine ... cant get him out of it!!   It was quite funny watching him spot a puddle and get a determined march on to get there, we then spend many many minutes having a good old splash and getting his nose right in to blow bubbles ... I must get someone to video him next time  !!

1hr swim, 100 kick, 100 pull, 100 swim and repeat for an hour (that tests ones resolve I tells yer)  and a little timed 400 on the end just for fun

45 minute turbo and an hour in the gym afters and I was ready for last nights leftover risotto!!

I cant take credit for finding the recipe, its one that WIfey has used before and it was very well received and is SO easy to make

Sluggy it is indeed blowing a hooley round these parts as well, I think th wind and rain actually disturbed my slumber last night which then in turn disturbed someone else who thought it was breakfast time !!

Oh yes, not only are there 2 adorable kittens at the top of the lane where Murph is, venturing outside for the first time butnext door there is a 11 week old lab puppy whom we met yesterday ... just edible !!!!

30/01/2013 at 17:50
Ooh kittens and a labby pup :0)

I'm really sorry about the wind :0o

Sounds like a lovely ride M....eldy :0) Megs is happy to do puddles, rivers and the sea. Fling however can't bear to get his toes wet so minces round puddles like a girl!

I've just read that 20 mins mucking out burns 120 calorie :0) Double that cos I've got two plus at least another 500 for trying to get the ruddy wheel barrow up the enormous perpendicular muck heap and I'm burning loads!

(((( waisters ))))
30/01/2013 at 17:51
Do you reckon I can add a few more for being jet propelled??!!
M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 17:54

and more so if you have to go through mud?

Nog
30/01/2013 at 18:10

Home at last.  i managed a blustery 2 hour ride around Oxfordshires lanes with a nice circuit of Otmoor.  No hills to speak of but the wind prvided quite enough of a challenge.

Slugs, N + 1 is the accepted formula for the correct number of bikes one should own. N being the number you already have.

I was nearly famous today.  I text'd a message in to radio 5 regarding the debate on proposed changes to policing.  They read out my text then called me back to go on the Evening news programme.  We went through the everything, discussed all the points,  then the bloody Policing Minister brought the debate forward so i was binned.

I wasn't even going to rant, you'd be surprised how moderate I was

They asked if they could contact me in the future on policing matters.  I get paid for that

I feel sorry for those of you with horses, the ground is in a terrible state at the mo.

M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 18:12

Himself needs a new lightweight outdoors coat ... why does it amuse me lots to be looking at a pink spotted one  

30/01/2013 at 18:19
Crikey Melds that sounds a sess and a half! Bet your tea didn't touch the sides!!

E-bacc is the government messing with GCSEs daught has come home saying she has been told she is a able to do it if she wishes, can't decide if its a good thing or not! Options meeting tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out then!

Options evening!? How the heck did that happen!!?
30/01/2013 at 18:32

Didnt know the government was changing the GCSEs.  As an employer it really difficult to understand what the qualification level is now.

Sprays DL with anti-germ spray.  Keep it over there, I dont want it again!!! 

Podds you are a work-a-holic, I did a 12hr day yesterday and had a day off today!!

Well today was supposed to be a relaxing day with a plod.  No plod done, up at 7am, plumber came at 8am so had to be out the house most of the day.  We've been furniture shopping and I'm not surprised we dont agree on any styles!!!  had lunch, came home, he wasnt done, so went the pub!

But the result is, we have HEATING    Bring on the cold spell!

30/01/2013 at 19:41
I've done a 4 hour day
30/01/2013 at 19:49

Tempo run done tonight Me fed, the Cats fed and now all asleep... time to sit down and do nothing for a while, and hope that there is a bit less wind tonight, so I can sleep too!

M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 19:51

Me too and up at sparrows fart for work doesnt help!!

30/01/2013 at 20:15

Yes I like to keep the tiles on my roof tonight!

AND I'm planning on running tomorrow night, back on the C25K plan with Mr Paul McK!

Today the weatherman said it was going to piddle down all day, its been bright sunshine   Been for 2 walks on the beach

M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 20:19

Its going to piddle down most of the week I think ...

I too am going to run tomorrow night, in nooooo shoesies 

30/01/2013 at 20:38
M...eldy wrote (see)

Its going to piddle down most of the week I think ...

I too am going to run tomorrow night, in nooooo shoesies 

Won't dare rain tomorrow, then!

M...eldy    pirate
30/01/2013 at 20:42

Exactly!!

Oh actually its going to be a dismal day as I have to tax the car  

XB
30/01/2013 at 20:53

It's been a grand evening here.

Starting with the risotto a la Melds. 4 clean plates. Result.

Then I made a chocolate orange souffle. Fecking yumscrumptious. Here's the instructions here

Edited: 30/01/2013 at 20:54
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.