working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,821 to 214,840 of 237,442 messages
08/02/2013 at 07:16

Morning

I'll have some logs Nogs were're right out

Can't believe it's Friday

Colleagues birthday today, it's likely she will bring in homemade Bailey's Rocky Road !! That I will have to have !!  But I shall have one piece not the 5 I would normally have

08/02/2013 at 07:16

Mobring?

this is me on the laptop, it seems ok so far.

08/02/2013 at 08:14
Mobring???

No work today
08/02/2013 at 08:29

morning

Sitting at my desk ready for the day ahead.  Had a chat with my boss yesterday regarding this part managing business, changes are a foot   Its quite frustrating that I can see things that are wrong but cant do anything about it (for the moment) hopfully that will change soon.

Anyway its friday, Spence has cake on the mind, Daffs is a lady of leisure,Noggs is morbing  Sue I bet has been a plodding or spinning, ....

And its MrS birthday.  Grand old age of 53.  We havent got anything planned because we're pretty skint, but might pick up a special tea (no Horse Meat Lasagne though!)

Right better do something

08/02/2013 at 09:02

Morning all, what a nice thing to hear about your family Spence good for you both.

I made a decision last night to pull out of my proposed half marathon in 4 weeks time . I have not done any "running" training for ages and apart from a very nice walk up the hills last weekend my activity has been zero. To top it all yesterday my back came back to haunt me and went into spasm and it feels like tooth ache in my lower back. I know from past experience that it will take a few days (I hope) to get over it so the sands of time have run out on me for any realistic chance of doing a half.A bit sad but just may be able later this year to do something so will see what happens when I get back on the road again.(end of self pity moan )
Nice one with the kindle Noggy I got Mrs one for christmas a year ago and she enjoys it though only does the books on it.and happy BD to Mr S

Ok now where did Noggy put the coffee pot.

08/02/2013 at 09:09

Ooh Happy Birthday Mr S

It is also Mummy Podd's birthday and it's a "significant" one........she's 70!  How can I be old enough to have a 70 year old mother???????????????????????

Happy Friday's all

08/02/2013 at 09:18
((( Westie ))) hope the back settles pronto

Mobring = tablet translation for chainsaw :0)

Happy Birthday to Mr S and Mummy Podds

Well done Spence's daughter :0)

((( Sluggy ))). Marley and me had me crying for days and I have yet to watch War Horse! Buster's Diary is a brilliant read and very funny, I've listened to it many times and it always makes me smile

(((( waisters ))))
08/02/2013 at 09:24

Good morning all,

I'm glad to see that the madness that is the WAISTer lounge continues, as always I read everyday but have nothing to contribute so don't. I'm after some advice, I've entered my first marathon, The Kent Roadrunner on1st June. I'm looking for a decent training plan that I can either print off with dates or that can be saved into Excel.I did download the Garnin ready one from here but couldn't get it into the training centre. I'm looking to get round in about 5 hours so I guess a run walk schedule would be best.

Cheers

GFB 

08/02/2013 at 10:11

Morning All  Had me tea already! now for some w**k 

Off at 16:00 today, so will get half of the long run in sort of daylight, which is always nice! At least I can talk to the squirrels on the way round 

Westie: dropping out is probably the wise action if your having that sort of problem and are worried about it, but I wouldnt write off your ability just yet, it may just take a bit longer to sort before you can try again.

Hi GFB, Im sure someone will suggest a plan for you!  

Spence: well done for your Daughter  Momments like that stay with you forever, and its such a great feeling too 

So,,,, this WAISTers party / get together the cake sounds great, as long as its low fat diet cake, but can we have cask beer as I am not a bubbly drinker please? Then of course, when where etc? 

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 10:12
08/02/2013 at 13:41

Afternoon

CHeesy - you'll have to try and make it to the next southern softies WAISTer race meet

GFB - you need mental not physical training for that one!!

08/02/2013 at 14:23

Afternoon,

Nice to see you, GFB. Don't worry about no having anything to say - it never stops the rest of us .

Happy birthday to Mr Snail and MummyPodds

You have nothing to worry about Podds, SM is 87 next month!

(((Westie))) boo to health problems! You can come and join me on the bench if you like *budges up and makes room*

Snaily, it sounds as if there might be some exciting things ahead for you workwise .

Tubs, I cried at Marley too, but I wasn't quite as bad as I have never had a labby. I am feeling much better today, although still a bit 'fragile'. Stayed up til midnight and still couldn't get an aquagym slot for next Friday . I am going to forget about this midnight lark for a while and take 'pot luck' I think.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

08/02/2013 at 15:34

woo hoo, two birthdays.  cake all round.

my de forestation of Oxfordshire continues apace.

no time for a road ride so maybe a turbo session in a while.

XB
08/02/2013 at 15:49

Afternoon.

Thanks but no thanks to the cake I'll have some cheese instead.

Surely a mobring is the most popular cog in the chainset. Somewhat bigger than the Grannyring but not as big as the Butchring.

I hope we will soon start to see some stiff action against those responsible for putting horsemeat into our meat products. And also see people buying less processed food cos you don't know where it's been.

08/02/2013 at 16:31

Victoria Sponge 100g : 320 - 430 cals depending on cream levels / 19g fat (for the 400 cal one

Cheddar 100g : 400 cals average / 33g fat of which 21g sats

No competition!

08/02/2013 at 17:09

wise words Podds.

Don't hold your breath XB,  it seems like a failure of EU monitoring systems, so, of course, nothing will happen.

XB
08/02/2013 at 17:23

Is fat bad?

Is sugar worse?

M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2013 at 17:56

I am still having a feckin nightmare trying to post on any pages that have the effing Nike advert alongside it..... Gggggrrrr !!!!

It would appear I can post as long as I click the quotation buttons first ??

and now I have forgotten what I was going to say ...

M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2013 at 17:58

My mother has 70 in her rearview mirror, it can only be downhill for me from now on!!

I appear to be the lucky recipient of a ballot place in the London-Surrey cycle ride, all around the Olympic bike course and a finish on the Mall 

08/02/2013 at 18:19

A mum of 70? My brother is older than that and my sister is rapidly approaching it! And I'm older than spence and XB! (just!)

Off out for a Greek soon.

Mobring? I thought it was like a flash mob?

Liverpool Marathon in October has just been cancelled because of the idiotic council (again! - took ages to get one up and running after 20years or so, then 2 years of a really succesful event, and pffft!)

I feel a bit bad that I didn't make myself go and run yesterday - I really did intend to but hought I'd better check and finish my planning for next week and then that just expands to fit the time ... grrrr

Definitely LSR tomorrow/Sunday and 1000 words about the Times Digital Archive as an historical resource...and maybe Chinese New Year if it doesn't really snow!

M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2013 at 18:24

Bike for me tomorrow and Sunday I think
The forescast does not look conducive to biking but I am sure I will cope!!

Fat boy has lost a shoe so I need to go and supervise him in the morning whlst he goes looking for it 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.