working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,841 to 214,860 of 234,200 messages
31/01/2013 at 11:47

Morning,

(((Amanda and family)))

It seems that playing with trains is the new WAISTer passtime. Where are you off to, XB?

Chocolate and orange souffle sounds wonderful. MS doesn't eat chocolate things so I don't have them at home. He does eat choccies though, which is just as well cos friend gave me 2 lots as a 'thank you' and I really can't afford to eat them all!

That sounds like a sesh and a half Meldy, no wonder your dinner went down quickly. I love the image of Murph playing in puddles .

Noggy, I know what the N+1 means, just thought that it could be adapted for the thread .

Spence, it must be really hard to make a decision re exams when the E-Bacc is so new. I hope that you are able to come up with something that both daught and you re happy with.

Snaily, yes, I bet it is really difficult for prospective employers to know what value to give to exam results these days.

Thursday man is away today so I am having a quiet one - although Alfie demanded a lengthy play session after breakfast. It seems that everything I came up with was 'dull' so he eventually went outside and left me to have a snooze .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

31/01/2013 at 12:06
Flipping eck it's blowing a gale here! Friends are travelling on the ferry this morning, it's a rough crossing!

(((( Amandax ))))

I am hooked on the Hunger Games! Listening til well after 2 this morning! Poor little Rue :0(

((((( waisters ))))
31/01/2013 at 12:45

new it was bad when I had to work hard to run Down hill managed a 6.5 mile plod before collapsing at the back door , must try this walk run thing .

Have a PS3 which can be used to play blu ray dvd's but mrs never got the hang of the controls so i spoilt her and got a new Blu ray player for her to play with which does free the Ps3 up for me

31/01/2013 at 13:16

Dragon, you is the woman and the WAISTer to watch this year me thinks

Snaily, I find asking the question "am I hungry?" really useful because most of the time the answer is "no" I'm bored....and I find telling myself "no I'm not" and doing something else works especially now I've started reading more

31/01/2013 at 13:33

oh Tubs the Rue story made me cry.

Slugsta hope your friend gets a better response for the claim.  Its a nightmare at the moment to try and get help.  Fingers crossed

The "am I hungry" question is the key I suspect, I'm usually eating because I'm getting a bit stressed.  He says the questions will become natural after 2 weeks, which I'd be suprised about seeing as I've had 35yrs of stressy eating!!!  I've pinned up the rules on my office wall and the Hunger Scale so visualise at what stage of hunger I'm at.

31/01/2013 at 13:53

Swim done  and now for my yoghurt  another Technique session today, I seem to have mastered breathing in water quite well so far!

Westie, Same problem with the PS3 and blueray, my sone tells me to press triangle then square, I tell him to get a proper remote for it ! there only £10-15 or so, it does seem to play them pretty well, so not convinced its worth buying a proper one yet.

31/01/2013 at 14:56
CheesyRider wrote (see)

I seem to have mastered breathing in water quite well so far!

you could be famous, didnt think people could actually breathe in water! 

Enjoy your yogurt

"wanders off asking self Am I Really Hungry???

31/01/2013 at 17:35

No you're not !!

31/01/2013 at 17:50
M...eldy wrote (see)

Its going to piddle down most of the week I think ...

I too am going to run tomorrow night, in nooooo shoesies 

Won't dare rain tomorrow, then!

31/01/2013 at 18:01

doh! I've done a chuggie! (laptop not turned off properly last night, refreshed page and  ... ooops!)

31/01/2013 at 18:11
Lol!

I'm getting sorted for the 'Options' meeting, how has that even happened !? My little baby!!

and at the age of 50 I've given into peer pressure and am going out tomorrow eve *rollseyes* I WILL however run before hand !!!
31/01/2013 at 18:23

Whew. I'm just about still standing. Almost 13 hours in the car yesterday to get back, then several hours work here (C2 is wonderful, but he's a 23 yo bloke so there is blue water between his idea of a clean kitchen and mine!). Texted with C1 during the night (she is getting better, but still not that well) then up early to go look for somewhere in Leiden where C2 can live. Spent the next 7 hours cris-crossing town---first 3 hours in pouring rain and wind, last 4 only in wind. Luckily we did find a nice place, but am not ker=nackered.

Read back but remember almost nothing. Apologies---will be better tomorrow. But glad to see most people are well, except

((((((((((((((DL, Amandax and FIL, Tubs)))))))))))))

xxxxx

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 18:34

Swimming eh Cheesy ...   

13 hours in a car Chuggs .. thats hardcore !!

Spence/Snaily does that mantra extend to 'Do I want to go for a run' ?? 

Talking of which, the pretty colours said an hour of R/W and thats just what I did, the wind was perishing cold but out of it was quite nice!!    Been a long time since I ran for an hour .. precautionary icing going on  !

31/01/2013 at 18:37
Well excuse me!

I ran yesterday thank you very much!!

I shall do 4 tomorrow and 10 Saturday!

Tut tut
M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 19:02

I just wondered if it would stop your procrastinations  

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 20:15

Nooooo shoesies and a very dirty 'oss!!

* I was about to post the pictures that I have put on FB but I am getting the 'oops something went wrong' button ...... oh well!

31/01/2013 at 20:34

Meldy: yep, and cycling too but only MTB red tracks at moment.

wonders why is everyone saying "asking self Am I Really Hungry???"

I just had a wonderful Vegtable stew (Thanks Roni)

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 20:35
31/01/2013 at 20:39

Melds, I see your new shoesies and raise you a pair of white carbon road shoes.  

I'm going to try the DHB brand as they get top reviews and are a good price.

I've also ordered a box of inner tubes but they aren't quite so interesting.

Just a 30 min turbo active recovery ride today.  The weekend has started here as I have no work planned for tomorrow.  Tesco, admin, invoices and a road ride are on the cards for tomorrow,

Chuggs, we have a 13 hour door to door drive to Austria but I have no intention of doing it non stop, I'm staying over in Aachen for some food and a few cold ones.

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 21:01

Check you out Noggs the wide boy!!!

BBC4 now for anyone interested in Everest through a Sherpas eyes

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 21:02

Cheesy .. there are some nice offroad triathlons you know

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.