working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,881 to 214,900 of 235,780 messages
01/02/2013 at 08:42

Nice one XB

Morning

Driving work this morning our paths are flooded and there are ducks swimming along them   made me chuckle

Spence - I did the CD last night, and fell asleep, not sure that is supposed to happen!!!  I'm not convinced I'm the type who can relax to hypnosis, I'm too "twitchy" I fell asleep mainly because it was relaxing and it was past my bedtime, but I cant remember anything he said!!! 

Anyway, my mantra starts again 

01/02/2013 at 08:43

Morning westie   Hows scotts house coming along?

waves

01/02/2013 at 09:08
That proper made me laugh XB
01/02/2013 at 09:12

Morning each.

Hmmmmmm, not sure I could buy into anything by Paul McKenna.

I can provide my own homespun mantra's though.

'It's better to get off your arse and do a plod than,  er  , umm  not to'

3,2,1 you're back in the room.

The rain';s stopped here but it feels a bit chilly.  My day starts with a quick Haj to tesco. 

Later.

01/02/2013 at 09:41

Morning All

Great ditty XB  

Wet and windy here too - not the nicest way to start Friday but cheered up by meeting Herbie the adorable blue staffie on the beach - he really is the friendliest most enthusiastic little dog ever - he always makes me smile

Other than that I stumbled into yet another c*ck up at work yesterday - feel a bit of an outcast since although the powers that be appreciate my finding all the problems so they can then solve them the people who c*cked up are sticking knives in my back.................

It's not like I can ignore these things either........... Oh well c'est la vie - life is not a popularity contest.......

01/02/2013 at 10:16

Morning all 

O dear, looks like I am in trouble again  I dont remember on the instructions it saying 'dont let yourself in for anything' and must remember 'dont post when tired'

I guess I need to add sacrificial lamb to my sig now ... Baaaahhhhh Baaaahhhhh

Wet n orrible here today, just right for my LSR later  

Podds: do we work in the same place? that sounds sooo familiar!

Its that time again, wheres my cup! 

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 10:17
M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 10:19

Always be on your guard Cheesy!!

01/02/2013 at 10:33
Can't run, can't sit so can't cycle, and its too cold to swim. I'm safe for the moment :0)

Gosh Chuggs that was a journey and a half! I'm already nervous about our 9 hour flight in a couple of weeks

(((( Podds ))))

Slight overdose on pain killers yesterday, hadn't realised how strong they were! I will definitely wait the full 6 hours between doses in future! Felt most peculiar - even more so than usual!

Have bought a couple of books on nutrition and it seems I'm eating the right foods, increasing nuts and seeds and prunes. I hate prunes!

(((( waisters ))))
01/02/2013 at 11:30

prunes   shudders

Podds your like the tax man, everyone hates them but you've got a job to do!  (no need to thank me!!!)

01/02/2013 at 11:46

Thanks Snaily 

Guess what - just found another one

A kid has turned up in school today who left some months ago to be home educated and then decided to come back.  He isn't on roll, has no timetable, isn't being registered (which is illegal).........but somebody somewhere (and I have a very good idea who......) has just decided he can join in today..........

Cheesy - I think many work places are like this.....................I always say mine is great when there isn't anyone around 

01/02/2013 at 11:47

Prunes, figs and dates are great.

Tesco shelves picked clean.

Tubs, after a few sorties to NZ, HL and I consider anything less than 12 hours to be a mere 'hop'.

I try to rationlise long flights by recalling that in my police career - and after - I spent hours and days sitting in  cramped transit vans.  The idea of having a warm, modestly comfortable seat where I can watch a  film, eat or drink at will, isn't so tough.

However, If you are on meds or a bit off-colour it will seem like quite a task.

Podds, I have a few other bits of DHB kit too, all good stuff at a hard to beat price.  I hope the shoes fit OK, it's unusual to see DHB's in my size, hence my prompt buy fest.

01/02/2013 at 15:49

Quiet in here, dont tell me everyone is working

XB
01/02/2013 at 16:10

Nah. I've been running. 8 miles done. Progressive. Bloody dog was a pain in the arse cos there was shooting. 

01/02/2013 at 16:31
Nog = N + 1 wrote (see)

Prunes, figs and dates are great. 

01/02/2013 at 16:56

Maybe not altogether though.

Chores done,  1hr45mins of hill work (twice up the mighty Brill hill) done.

Telegraph crossword to do and a cracking HL dinner to come.  I may mention walking round the pub for a glass or two.  That's the rule I've set - no wine to be bought in, if we fancy a glass we can walk to the pub - we've not bothered in the past 3 weeks though

01/02/2013 at 17:28
I love prunes, figs and dates

Snaily I've not heard all my cd either ways fall asleep! But it sure is working

I made the mistake of asking ' My Mate J' her time for her 4 miler, of course then I had to chase her down.... Which I did

4 miles in 39:52 oh yeah!!!!!!
01/02/2013 at 17:31

Wow, the juices are flowing today and no mistake. 

A poem from our very own resident Poet Laureate aka XB.

A lovely mantra from our resident philosopher aka Nogs. 

A spirited discussion about dried fruit (I'm deffo on the 'pro' team!).

A meaningful reflection about the virtue of recognising other people's c*ck ups before they hit the fan by our courageous White Knight aka Podds. 

A touching example of human self-sacrifice by our new lamb ala Cheesie. 

Together with cameo guest appearances by Westie, Meldy, DL, and Snaily. 

Dog, we're a talented lot 

Was hoping to cycle to hairdresser and later to shops but it was chucking it down so wimped out and took the car. The usual round of washing, cooking and sorting after being away for several weeks. Think it will be Sunday before I can get a chugette in...does it make sense to feel like your tongue is hanging out for a run? Sounds pretty weird, but you know what I mean!

Off to rehearsal now to prepare for installation of new chaplain tomorrow. Devoutly hope against hope there will not be a sermon 

01/02/2013 at 18:05

back from Scott's (again)  living room solid wood floor now complete, rewired new light fittings,walls and ceiling now fully painted so for a change this weekend we are off to do trails again !!

This one :- St cuthberts way you can look it up here

http://www.stcuthbertsway.fsnet.co.uk/

we will have a pub night at Yetholm saturday and complete Sunday at Holy island and yes I am NOT running all the way just support with the odd jog thrown in so will see you all (I hope ) Monday

M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 18:11

Evening all

Podds ... IM Austria 2015 .. PSOF Anniversary Champs ?????  

oh and of course should anyone else be lingering and lurking of course !!

XB
01/02/2013 at 19:13

That looks like a glorious route, Westie. Right through one of my favourite parts of the country.

I have no interest in being anywhere near Austria in 2015. Thanks.

8.35 miles in 1hr 20mins. The last 2 miles of the session were done in 17 mins

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.