working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,921 to 214,940 of 233,818 messages
M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 10:27

I am shall be 'here' until 5pm and then I shall go home and probably fall asleep  

02/02/2013 at 10:41
DIY this weekend for a change!

Already been for a run and it was beautiful. Chased by a Jack Russell then pawed by a grey hound. Such fun!

02/02/2013 at 11:13

Morning all

Muscles aching a treat this morning so lazy day today, Got a run to do with Roni tommorow, so cant let the side down! She's really getting on well now, up to 8k LSR

Dr Daffs wrote (see)
Cheesy, you might as well get yourself signed up for Ironman Austria now, it seems pretty inevitable...

OMG now i'm worried .. Mind you, I could probably manage the cheering bit as M...eldy crosses the line,does that count?

02/02/2013 at 13:10

You've got two years Cheesy and that's more than enough time so I'd give in gracefully if I were you

Morning all btw

yes - where is the Yumbly one - she's usually around on Fridays even if the rest of the week is a bit hectic and I don't remember seeing her.....

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:15

Do we need to fire up the WAISTer bus?

02/02/2013 at 13:30
M...eldy wrote (see)

Do we need to fire up the WAISTer bus?

for me to do the course in? cooool

So let me get this right, 3.4mile swim, 120 mile road ride and 26.2 mile run? Yeah, i reckon i'd need all of that 2 years to do it in

The swimming, and the running, probably over time, the road cycling, I simply dont know. And then all together, I dont know less

Side note, any of you going to Lanzarote this year? My parents live 5 mins from the course, and we are usually diving out there around may time, but have always missed the IM by a week or so (due to holiday time restrictions and forggetting to get dates right) I hasten to add NOT as a competitor, although last year was quite funny, my son and I did do some running out there, and an awsome 38k MTB ride round the volcanoes and trails, a few people assumed we were training for the IM!

cant believe we even look slightly similar to some of the people who actually were training It was awesome to see one of the Spanish champs training long the sea front road, he's a double amputee! well deserved cheers as he went passed

Edited: 02/02/2013 at 13:32
M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:32

2.4 /112 /26.2 .... simples  

I should be in Lanza ... I might even survive !!

02/02/2013 at 13:40
M...eldy wrote (see)

2.4 /112 /26.2 .... simples  

I should be in Lanza ... I might even survive !!

Ah yes, sorry, I guessed from memory and got all the numbers wrong/mixed.

If we go this year, I have told Roni that we WILL go during IM, as we both want to watch! We will of course cheer lots and try and get pics !

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:41

There will be quite a few of us in black n yeller, you wont miss us !

XB
02/02/2013 at 16:46

I have been to heaven Mrs XB and I popped into a country pub after our walk and had a bite to eat. I started off with a bar snack of warm freshly cooked pork scratchings. Heaven in a bowl. The Wood Pigeon with crispy Black Pudding wasn't bad either.

02/02/2013 at 17:05

I meant to go for a long run, but Mr P wanted to go for a walk and it's such a lovely day I gave in. It was slightly longer than the planned run, and included a prawn omelette for lunch! (Thurstaston Common, Wirral Way, West Kirby and back via v. posh Caldy, for the locals)

02/02/2013 at 17:08

We've been on a walk into town and stopped at our favourate cafe for a cuppa (the best tea I've ever tasted)

then to keep busy this afternoon I've cleand bathrooms, made leek and potato soup for the week (well month there is so much), made chilli for tea and done 2 loads of washing.

Coffee and book now for an hour!

02/02/2013 at 17:09

Westie, I second what XB said. That's a glorious part of the country, you and Scott will have a fantastic weekend!

Awww, Melds, it seems like only yesterday that you had a sweet little ball of fluff, named in memory of your new conquest. Little did you know that he would turn into a leonine tyrant whose commands are ignored at risk of having your toes torn to pieces! 

Well walked, Tubs! But like you, I'd be worried about lambs so early. We can still have some pretty harsh weather...

I'm whacked, so I'm off t bed, Sweet dreams all! xxx

02/02/2013 at 18:25
Hello my lovelies what a beautiful day it has been

Sounds like lovely days had by all!
Isn't it great to live the kids at home XB

I did my 10 miles longest run since Chester
Then H a d I found oursves in John Lewis having a Spanish omlette, sharing a dish of chips followed by Victoria sponge for her and carrot cake for me
Hadn't seen her for a while do great to catch up
02/02/2013 at 18:26
Oh dear excuse the iPod typos!
M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 18:34

I cam home, had a shower and put my jammies on - thats more than enough for me for one day

02/02/2013 at 18:51

I've done the best chilli ever!  And I've even stopped eating once I think I'm full (al la Paul Mc) and it just shows my portion size is half what i've previously been eating

Left overs saved for tomorrow, I've virtually done the cooking for the whole week!!!

02/02/2013 at 19:27

Rested aching legs, replaced bulbs on car, decided it was too cold to clean m bike, so went and helped Roni with some DIY stuff. Then onto work to restart all the servers

I then did some frantic worrying about what I seem to be letting myself in for

Now cooking Thai vegetable stew with rice  Yum!

No Yoghurts were hurt in the writing of this post...

02/02/2013 at 19:28

I've baked biscuits, which Pippette is now happily eating, having come home from policing a football match! They cancelled last week after the snow.

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 19:29

aaand what exactly have you let yourself in for ???   

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.