working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,941 to 214,960 of 239,121 messages
12/02/2013 at 08:16
Tea for me too, and a couple of pancakes please!

Had a quick dig round last night and it seems there's a new run england group in my local park won't make it every week but between that, the women's group and zumba i should manage at least somthing the days i'm here! Slight bored of feeling overweight and underexercised now...
12/02/2013 at 08:19
Morning all

I find earplugs give the gift of sleep when all around you is snoring - even though, apparently, OH doesn't snore. However, one disgusting thing. Blur of a kitten is obsessed by earplugs so they have to be carefully put away each morning or they can be found all round the house.

Lurgy is easing off a bit. Hope to start running again at the weekend.

Sluggy - 5 weeks?????? We've been here 2 years and still haven't finished.

((((((((Mr Daffs))))))))

Happy pancake day
12/02/2013 at 08:51
We've been here 22 years and only last month got round to painting the lining paper in the bedroom sorry snaily!
12/02/2013 at 09:09

Morning All

Snaily I hope your halo is shining brightly given the complete lack of decorating from the other WAISters

Daffy - hope Mr Daffs is on the mend today

(((DL)) for disappearing lurgies - I appear to be coming down with a cold which so far has remained quite minor but am trying hard not to be infectious as Mr P hasn't got it so far and is due for surgery Friday and I imagine if he has a cold they won't operate.........

Still cold and grey here so I guess there could be worse places to be than at work

Laters peeps

12/02/2013 at 10:19
((( lurgified waisters )))

Amsterdam is a lovely city and Stratford is lovely as I remember too though not been since late 80's :0) depending on the date can Mr Tubs and I be pencilled in :0)
Bit ouchy today which is literally a pain as I'm due to be degreyed at 1. I've had to cancel my last two appointments and now have the grey line equivalent of the M6 running down the middle of my head! Hair colour is my one vanity, I'm completely grey but have it covered every 6 weeks.

On the plus side I've lost another 2kg :0). Approaching smaller pachyderm dimensions :0)

And as for lent I gave everything up months ago!

(((( waisters ))))
Edited: 12/02/2013 at 10:20
12/02/2013 at 10:44

Amsterdam is lovely and the easiest for me to reach

Stratford already holds many WAISTer memories

Birmingham...........?  Think I went there once..............

Seriously - quite happy to go anywhere and once a date is fixed I shall put it on my calendar and commit to nothing else on that weekend

12/02/2013 at 10:45

morning all

woohoo Tubbs you is fading away! sorry its been so uncomfortable though!

my whole house needs decorating Snaily you're putting me to shame

haven't run yet this week but hopefully going out this evening. I've been a proper grump at work my lovely boss left and the guy who is standing in is really hard going - can't be in a situation where I dread coming to work though so I'm having a serious word with myself - daily!

12/02/2013 at 11:01

I'm up for Brum, Stratford, Amsterdam or Rotterdam (Rotty would be good as we could descend on Her Chugginess -if she's in residence)

I quite like decorating but I have to treat it like a paid job - get it prepped, done and finished.  I can't do a couple of hours here and there.  Nog Towers is looking a bit jaded at the mo.

I've nearly filled my tenth bin bag from my office.  I have to start sorting what's left now.

12/02/2013 at 12:04

Crumbs Noggs

Either you had a very big office or a very full office 

12/02/2013 at 12:26

Morning.....Just

when is this stupid advert going to get sorted, when I try to type it takes me to Nike!  And I cant use my smiley faces 

I hate decorating and cant stand when its half done and left for ages, so we have to start knowing we will get it finished.  I've even drawn up a plan (can you see my obsessive trait coming out!)  MrS is always moaning it should be "enjoyable" but I just want it over with.  We still have the kitchen and hallway to do, but we've run out of pennies so they will have to wait.  I dont want to be decorating over spring / summer either, whats the point, I would rather be outside anyway 

I can easily get a train to birmingham, not sure about stratford but will check it out, and a flight to Amsterdam is easypeasy.  Just give me a date.  Where is Sue to organise us????

((((JFF)))) its difficult getting used to a new boss especially if the previous one was nice.  Hope things settle down.

Nogs 10 BAGS.  WTF did you have in there!  Perhaps you could have sold some stuff on Bargain Hunter

12/02/2013 at 12:36

I'm now on bag 11.

It's mostly papers, archived accounts, quotes, brochures, 5 years worth of Hort. College notes, designs etc.

Not much hardware, some old digital cameras I used for covert stuff, videos and dvd's of surveillance jobs.  I've been totally ruthless.

On the plus side, I've found a load of old trophies from my cycling days.  I may have to browse through them and take a little bike ride down Memory Lane.

12/02/2013 at 12:40

just priced up the WAISTer meet options:

Train to stratford £100

Train to Brum £60

Flight to Amsterdam £70

I'd probably like to avoid stratford because with a hotel (cant get there and back in a day) the cost would be a bit too much.  Brum is nice and cheap, and I believe there is carpet space at Chez Spence, and Amsterdam is like a proper holiday and I'd go for the weekend

*bounces around like a tigger*

12/02/2013 at 13:52

woo hoo.

my mini HDMI lead has arrived.  i can now see everything on my kindle fire hd on the big new telly-even post on here.

12/02/2013 at 13:56

Snaily, just tried to send you a Pm but you don't accept them!?
you'd be most welcome at Chez Spence, which means there's another place left

We've been here 12 years and still doing work! Although we* have done major stuff like extensions and the like, our bedroom hasn't been touched yet!

ahh Far Far can't imagine you being a grump! How's Mr Far Far doing these days?

It's the 'teacher chats' this week I have a special interest this year as we will have a place available when the deputy leaves July. Thing is all the teachers seem to want yr 2 but who will I end up with !?

It's freezing brrrrr I'm on the sofa, heating on, log burner trying it's best with damp wood and about to settle down with Wiggo

* By 'we' I of course mean Mr Spence!

12/02/2013 at 14:13

Is this us without our Dragon lady??????????

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxq8ch9GnJ1r8e6x4o1_500.gif

12/02/2013 at 14:58

LOL podds

hmmm not sure why you cant PM me Spence, I have everything ticked (I think!)

I await further instructions from Sue and better prep MrS!!!

Oh spence we've done nothing major to the house, any walls that need moving / building etc we leave to the experts.  We're ok on cosmetic stuff (give or take a few arguments!) but anything major we're pretty useless!

M...eldy    pirate
12/02/2013 at 15:36

Good moaning all

I ran for 45 mins and lived to tell the tale and my leg didnt fall off ... this is all good news   

12/02/2013 at 15:38

Excellent news indeed Meldy!

I'm planning to head outside at 5pm Only the second time this year, and third time (I think) since the marathon.. Can't let that bloody sister of mine beat me in this 10k! Although given that it's in 12 days I should probably be tapering now

12/02/2013 at 15:52

Afternoon,

(((Poorly WAISTers)))

Snaily, I think it best to accept that DIY is not fun and get it over as painlessly as possible - ideally by somene else!

Apropo a WAISTer meet, I feel I must point out that Her Chuggyness lives just outside The Hague, which is easily reachable by train from Amsterdam but I don't know about Rotterdam.

Met MS for a sluggy and had a very tasty chilli beef quesadilla (tasty rather than hot). That will keep me going until pancake time.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

12/02/2013 at 16:13

I'm up for a cheery waister meet whenever wherever

Not sure there's going to be pancakes in this house today... Mr Daffs been asleep all day and it feels rather mean and not very exciting to have them on my own! (and he can make MUCH tastier pancakes than me...)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.