working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

214,981 to 215,000 of 237,137 messages
13/02/2013 at 07:16

Tea please Nogs

XB
13/02/2013 at 08:53

Morning.

I'm glad I went out and did my 4 miles early. I've pencilled in a hill session for later but it's a complete white-out.

13/02/2013 at 09:00

My mum just texted to say it's snowing too. No sign of it over this side of the country for now!

Fortunately I don't have to leave the house til tea time

13/02/2013 at 09:27

Morning All

and how nice that for once it isn't grey.............

Are we being punished by having our smileys disabled?

I don't know most of the "codes" so can foresee being emotionally disabled as a result!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/02/2013 at 09:36

morning

I have spinned and been personally trained, now for some cooking and housework!

Daffs, the calender has gone and disappeared! I think the concensus was for the 16th November? and Amsterdam?

We had some snow here first thing, but now it's gone and it's just damp and very cold!

Hope the cat is ok Snaily

This site is getting silly now, those stupid ads and now no smileys - what on earth is the world of RW coming to?

13/02/2013 at 09:39

Nothing forecast here until mid afternoon but it's pretty icy outside so I've taken the opportunity to do some tidying and account work. 

I'll do a hardish turbo session later and some core work, which has been neglected for a couple of weeks.  I've not weighed in for 3 weeks but my tum passes the belt buckle test and my waistline no longer has it's own postcode.

I'm still off the wine - although HL and I shared a bottle of red on Sunday, that was my first alcohol for a month.  

That's enough mither from me, best get some work done.

13/02/2013 at 09:54

Calendar's still there for me Dragon!

http://doodle.com/v7twui5pfzmeddyv

16th Nov is the only day all the people who've filled it in can do! But only a few have filled in (me, you, meldy, westie, noggs, spence, snaily)

Anyone else want to fill it in?

As for Amsterdam... not sure myself. Leaving the country is cheerful, but potentially expensive, and rather difficult for those who'd just like to pop up for the day? We'd have to make a weekend of it - not sure how people feel about that?

13/02/2013 at 09:58

Morning

I'm with Daffs, aboad sound good, but practially might be costly, I vote Brum and we all camp at Camp Spence!!!

Harry has pirked up a bit, the tuna worked a treat and I added water to it so he could get some fluid (I do this with his wet food regular).  Tomorrow he's booked in the vet for a check up.

Other than that I'm in a right grump this morning.  Not sure why, just cuz

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/02/2013 at 10:05

Nope, won't work for me, but no matter, I've ticked my preferences. Yes, overseas would be problematic for many - me included. Brum or Stratford would be ok for me. Brum would be good as I could stay with RAF son in Stoke and make my way from there. 

So far then 16th November Brum? 

13/02/2013 at 11:30

I haven't filled it in as work won't let me and last night got a bit silly with other stuff!

16th Nov sounds fine to me (don't think I've got anything else on that far ahead!!) and as I said I'll go anywhere with anyone  

13/02/2013 at 11:32

Oh for goodness sakes  

The smileys may be back but my quotes and the comments following them from the previous post have been eaten 

To cut a long story short:
- Dragon - well done on your diligence
- I didn't spin this AM due to head cold but did go for a short trot
- Snaily - glad Harry seems a bit perkier but always wise to visit vet  

13/02/2013 at 12:09

mid November in Brum sounds ok to me.  

What event is on then?

13/02/2013 at 13:15

It's snowing, nuff said  

I'd loved to go abroad, but couldn't afford it haven't got a passport at mo

Happy to put a couple of people up

Sofa, fire, Wiggo...

13/02/2013 at 13:25

Damn, I missed the Tea this morning  

Afternoon all Yoghurt time!

Snaily: try him on some evaporated milk, one of my cats (Tufty) loves the stuff, he has done since he was a kitten, its like 60p a tin. We have renamed it Tuffy milk which gets us odd looks when we ask where is the tuffy milk in the supermarkets! Hope he perks up.

My smilies didnt desert me, but I keep getting like 10 blank lines at the end of the posts which I then have to edit out

November would be better for me, I hope to have something exciting happening on the 26th, watch this space 

Meldy: On another thread, you mention about your new calfs of steel, what are the excercises you have been doing? 

13/02/2013 at 13:29

It is looking like Brum in November now what a coincidence guess who has "another " birthday that month lol .

Talking of passports Spence mine runs out ( & Mrs) March this year so have to find £72 each in the next few days as Mrs needs hers for April.
Lots of white stuff this morning so car stuck in drive did a 3 mile walk with back pack to pick up a few groceries but did manage a bus back to near our house. Mrs not home yet over at Daughters looking after GS who is off school as it's teachers in training day and his mum (daughter) teaches at his school so a bit messy all round.Don't know if she will get home later today if this snow continues falling so may just have to eat the steaks myself

13/02/2013 at 14:00

Afternoon,

I can't acess the doodle poll but can pencil in 19th November. I cannot commit to anything at this stage anyway as it will depend on hozzie appointments and my ability to travel.

Good news about the MOT Westie, that's you and the car both good to go for another 12 months .

Dragonlady, it sounds as if you are having an enjoyable week off - look on it as practice for you retirement!

(((HC))) I am glad to hear that he seems to be perking up.

No problem with smilies here and no snow either

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

13/02/2013 at 14:03

Best you sacrifice yourself Westie and eat the steaks 

No snow here either but being indoors is making me more fuzzy headed but it's friggin' cold when I venture out between buildings  Never satisfied? Moi? 

13/02/2013 at 15:22
And still the snow comes down.....

Fed up, moi!?

You better frigin' believe it
13/02/2013 at 15:27

Saturday 16th November

Shakespeare Raceway Half Marathon

Shakespeare Raceway 10k

Shakespeare Raceway 5k

COME ON!!!

That's like a sign !!

Something for everyone!!

13/02/2013 at 15:30

Oh hang on, it's multiple laps of an airfield!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.