working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,001 to 215,020 of 232,974 messages
04/02/2013 at 14:40

Had a quick read back and promptly forgot most but lots of (((((((((((((((C1)))))))))) and nice for you to have a pleasant time out Yumms. Have to dash out again as Eldest son is over for more hospital treatment and his mums with him and are now heading over this way so will be picking up off the bus. so will be out till morning again.

no rest for the wicked.

04/02/2013 at 14:51

Dang, meant to post that an hour ago! 

Daffs, glad the sun is shining again for you---literally and metaphorically  xxx

Podds, you keep going like that, you're going to rival Noggs as our resident philosopher  But how very right you are. As you said, the Dragon knows it all, but sometimes it's relaxing to hear it from someone else. Hope you have fewer, um, interesting events at work this week than last!!! 

Nogs, two more weeks and back to snow?? What a great way to pass the winter!  Glad that the difficult family members seem to have crawled back into their holes for now. You and HL must know that you are, very seriously, making all the difference to your GD. 

What is this sun you all speak of? It's grey, raining and with a bitter wind here. BUT I thought of XB and his epic run at the weekend and shoved myself out the door. Only 4.5 km and very slow, but after 3 weeks of being mainly sat (inside with snow outside, in the car etc) it was good to be out. Now gotta see if I can find anything not to expensive but cheerful that I can get delivered locally to C1...

04/02/2013 at 16:21

You did..........

and an hour before that too.....................

04/02/2013 at 16:47

lol Podds!!

Well I've just had the most tremendous idea

Pippi, you could apply Deputy head ( science) 2 form entry Infant school It would be a breeze compared to your place  AND....... ME   as your TA !

What's not to love!!

04/02/2013 at 17:15

28 of your cold and windy Earth miles done and savaged.

Nice number nab Cheesington.

Bnagers and mash for tea.

life in the shires eh?

04/02/2013 at 17:28

Sorrry, sorry, sorry, can't seem to stop the belching 

Westie, how is it going for your eldest? If he's still coming back for treatment it sounds as if they are at least proceeding purposefully and hopefully he will be feeling much better soon. Good that his mum can be with him!

Oh Spence, well done on those intervals! you're back on track now, for sure!

Sluggie, that sounds like a NICE Monday  And it's nice to know that spring seems to be on the way over there: I saw my first snowdrops today, but it's definitely not spring feeling yet here! As to Richard, look here  and if you want more (I find this fantastic!) look here. 

M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:18

I see Chuggy has indigestion again  

I have been playing with fire all day ... literally, waved to Noggs on the way over the big circular carpark over the M40

I had boiled eggies and soldiers for me tea .. so fresh stil had sh*t and feather attached!

That *delightful* moggy of mine has obviously been reading my posts, 3am this morning he had me awake ...I nearly wranh his effing neck

Chuggy, any idea when all the C's will be home for celebrations then?

Nicely dated Yums, there doesnt always have to be an instant attraction?

Sluggy how is young Alfie??  Have we had recent photographic updates?  and talking of which, has anyone else had issues trying to upload photos or is it just me?

04/02/2013 at 18:34

Chuggie my FB is RIII all over - I have lots of archaeology 'friends' (that I don't really know - even less than I know you lot!)

Sounds good, Yums. As above - take it slowly, don't jump in with high expectations. When it's all right, it'll happen.

I've seen the amount of work our DH has ... I like having a life! and I'm no scientist ....

Treadie run - freezing cold out, and spitting ... (training for Liverpool half in mid March)

M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:37

Oh I meant to say there is a RIchard III programme on telly tonight and I had some vague hope of finding out the 'truth' at that time .... I think I have heard it every five minutes all throughout today, I should have thought really shouldn't I !!

04/02/2013 at 18:55

I haven't heard much apart from headlines, and I'm intending to watch that!

Great blog Westie. Haven't got to Kirk Yetholm yet .. maybe by autumn or next year .... but interesting to hear that we can then carry on to Cape Wrath!

Sorry Chuggs, meant to say ((((C1))))) hope they get her sorted out.

04/02/2013 at 19:04

Evening

((((c1))) hope she feels better soon

had a super busy day, where I didnt really do much.  Must make a list tomorrow

We've aborted the sofa shopping and booked a holiday, 2 weeks in Zante in sept

Anyone fancy doing my ironing, I've hidden it in the wardrobe but its bursting out

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 19:05
04/02/2013 at 19:48
Pippi, ours doesn't do a lot

And did I mention ME as your TA !!!!!?

Got to tape the Richard Turd have to collect the Scout!

~~~~~~~~C1~~~~~~speedy recovery!
M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 19:53

I think it might have been that that swayed her Spence .... swayed her the other way that is   

XB
04/02/2013 at 19:53

I must say that I'm not even whelmed at this Dick the Turd stuff. All these people speaking about him if they knew him.

M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 19:55

I find it intersting that a King could have fallen in battle and he was not removed or burried at the time  and I like that way that we use instruments and information we have available to us today to find things like this ... I am not overwhelmed, I just like history ... and the fact they built a carpark over him 

04/02/2013 at 20:11

Well, at my age I may well have bumped into Richard One hundred and eleven at some time so I'm probably allowed to talk about him like a best mate.

I think it;s a significant find and the university dept must be delighted.  

.As an aside,  I've always found it odd that people would use Shakespeare's writings as historical fact.  A rewrite of history is probably due.

04/02/2013 at 20:12

Once he'd fallen in battle he was no longer a king, and as to who would bury him, well, they'd all be falling over themselves to distance themselves from him and reassure Henry Tudor that they'd always secretly been on his side, honest! -

and can I please keep my land/title/money/job/head?

XB
04/02/2013 at 20:12

I can see that the use of technology is an interesting aspect of it. 

I believe, when they applied for planning permission for the car park, he said "Over my dead body"

M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 20:14

I see Pippi ... I should have paid more attention in class  

XB I heard he was waiting to get some change  

04/02/2013 at 20:34

So He is the one that catches you 3 mins after your ticket expires! sneaky little royal bugger

Nice 11k tempo interval tonight, got a bit carried away tonight, and averaged a 6.11k pace! one of my better runs so was well pleased! and to think I wasnt going to go and catch up on sleep instead.

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 20:35
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.