working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,041 to 215,060 of 243,229 messages
M...eldy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 00:06

Well its almost still 'today'!!

I shoehorned myself out of bed this morning and dragged my sorry arse to the pool for an hour
After a few coffees and a natter I manged to sit down for an hour and talk to the cat before heading to the gym for an hour of weights and core
After that I attended a 1 of 4 Running Technique Workshops, this lasted just over an 90 mins and was probably a little much for my little foot but I shall assess in the morning. It probably didnt register how much running we were doing as we did an hour of drills and exercises and then 30 mins running to put bits into practice ... apparently I need to use my arms more ... arms???? they are used to having a rest after the swim

I walked indoors at 8pm, ate a tin of cold rice pudding, jumped in the shower, mid way through washing the mane I realise I have run out of conditioner .. not the best time to realise that!!
Out the door to work at 9pm and here I be ... I wonder if I can make it through to 7am?!!

16/02/2013 at 07:59
Who reckons meldy fell asleep at her desk at 2am and is still there???

14miles cheesy! Excellent! You coming along in november?
16/02/2013 at 08:23
Morning

Cheesey some of us do like talking about running!
Well done on the 14 miler biant stuff! And to Roni too !

Ahh Meldy that's why you don't move your arms!!! I had wondered, I tried it once but can't do it!!

My LSR is only 4 miles today!!!

Just need to get out of bed!
16/02/2013 at 08:34
That should say 'brilliant stuff'
16/02/2013 at 10:42

4 miles done

Where is everyone!?

16/02/2013 at 11:36
Spence wrote (see)
Cheesey some of us do like talking about running!
Well done on the 14 miler biant stuff! And to Roni too !

Yep, I was just a bit concious about interupting the flowing conversation about the meet up with just a running report I think its great the way this meet is coming together, lots of enthusiasm! Good on the 4 miles!

Daffs: yes, thats the plan, I have unfortunately something very stressful going on at the moment that I have to get out of the way before I can move my life on, and thats likely to drag on for most of this year (alrady been 1 1/2 years ), which is why I cant commit to much, or I would have said a definate yes by now, instead of a tentative probably.

Melds: you really work some horrible hours, dont you My arms just seem to wobble back n forth, are they supposed to do more? Mind you, again, the last few kms they would have been quite handy (!) to drag me up the last couple hills ... is that what there for?

16/02/2013 at 11:49

I was told at running club that your legs only go as fast as your arms!!

I ran up the gully in Meldy stylee!!

16/02/2013 at 16:09
Blimey it's quiet!

I've been cleaning, it's going to be a week of cleaning. I can stand it no more!
16/02/2013 at 16:20

Tis a bit!

Im cleaning our aquariums at moment, keeps me outa trouble for a couple hours!

Watching Monster trucks too, bit of fun.

Add to that nursing some sore muscles ...

16/02/2013 at 16:45

g'day each.

a day filled with Amelia for me today.  She's on her way home now, time for a chill.

catch up later.

16/02/2013 at 16:49

Afternoon all

I'm playing catch up with my marathon schedule, only had 3 to do from Thursday, which I couldn't do on Thursday or yesterday. I blasted out 4.82 miles which included a 5km PB by over 2 minutes! I'm due to do my LSR tomorrow, which at this stage of my schedule is 6 miles, am going to be doing that at a much slower pace than today!

I thought I'd be quite tired today after a late night having taken the boys to see Black Veil Brides last night but I actually felt pretty good.

Cheesy - I used to have an aquarium, Trigon 190, but could never keep the maintenance up. After the last fish passed away I empied it and put it in the garage where it still stands empty. Shame really, as when it was running smoothly with a sand substrate and plants, it looked lovely.

M...eldy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 18:28

Spence... remember with the arms its 'hips to lips' ... see I did learn something   

I have had an interrupted sleep thanks to the workmen digging something up outside again, nearly sent the GPO out to sort them out but he couldnt be arsed getting out of bed either

16/02/2013 at 18:37
Ooh ooh ooh 'someone' has down loaded a half mara plan!!

It's going to be such a grand day out !!
16/02/2013 at 18:52
Jeez spence and her BIG GOB!
Yes I thought I would start training in April for the half in nov. will book the 10k and if all goes well will swap for the half. Baring in mind I can only run/walk a 5 k at the mo this could be a painful year!

We not that scary get Ron in here to join us

I has a huge fish tank and loved it. So did Harry the cat! Had to sell it when we moved cuz it was too big. What have you got cheesy?
16/02/2013 at 19:03

Snaily: I have 3 tanks, main two are Lake Malawi Mbuna, Roni's is a 400ltr and mines a 580 ltr The third tank has Synodontis catfish in ! Roni also has a small community tank in the kitchen ... Our cats all love sitting on them each has its own tank They do take a while to water change/clean, but thats part of the fun.

GFB: I can understand how you feel, it can be quite a chore some weeks, and can get to you! The trigons are nice tanks, I find they make my eyes go funny tho, the curve on the glass does it Also nice going with your runs too

Snaily 2: good on the plan just dont over do it

16/02/2013 at 19:07

Now where's DL!?
XB
16/02/2013 at 19:25

Tip for the kitchen

Butter chicken with cumin roasted butternut squash. OMGness. Spice mix from here

12 miles to run in the morning. Mrs XB will drop me 12 miles from home. Then she's off to her mothers for the week. Peace and quiet for me and the hound.

Edited: 16/02/2013 at 19:26
16/02/2013 at 19:28
Those are huuuuuuuuge tanks!
16/02/2013 at 19:41

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/fish_tank.jpg?width=350

Harry enjoying the fish tank

16/02/2013 at 20:14

What you lot get up to when I'm not looking!!!

Mr P is off that weekend 15-16 November, so I'll double check with him, then I'll tell him we're coming to Stratford!!!!!

It might be safer to do a 10k as I can probably do that without having to worry about getting training done ...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.