working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,081 to 215,100 of 233,639 messages
06/02/2013 at 15:21
Ouchy youchy Snaily. Hate burns - I'm such a wimp

~~~~~~~~~C1~~~~~~~~~ hope the shadows have faded in time for the scan. As you say though, better to be proactive about these things.

Don't be buying your hats and frocks just yet. We were civilly partnered a few years ago so don't see the need for another unnecessary buffet and shindig!. I'm glad marriage will be legal for equality's sake and for the fact it would be easier to say than civilly partnered. I have no worry that some religions may not want to play and wouldn't want to impose it on them, but the word marriage doesn't belong to religions. Having just watched the film Lincoln it's interesting to see some of the parallels - times may change but some people take time to catch up and that's OK too.

See what happens when I don't play with my trains??!!
06/02/2013 at 16:01

I see DL..........

But I'm more concerned that we didn't get to have a WAISTer party for you guys 

In fact we're a bit of a dead loss when it comes to excuses to party on this thread!!  A list a "ceremony" could have meant we could have fired up the WAISTer bus, got all dressed up in our finest and gate crashed 

M...eldy    pirate
06/02/2013 at 16:35
What did you think of Lincoln?? All looks a bit serious to me

Morning all
Perusing all forms of social meejia whilst drinking coffee, back to work at 8 tonight

Glad to hear the patient is improving Chuggs
06/02/2013 at 17:12

Good point actually Podds - not sure we've ever had a waister wedding?? And only one waister baby (Mini Noo) am I right? Lots of other causes of celebration of course, and the activities of waister offspring often provide good excuses, but even so...

So, who's going to give us an excuse for a party then?

06/02/2013 at 18:08
You could get married Podds !

Or you Daffs
06/02/2013 at 19:35

evening all, MOT went well so nothing to pay .

I would like a WAister get together so I could at last get to see a few of you so if someone could organise something this year give me a months notice and I will try to make it.Had my letter from the gov saying I've had a fantastic increase for April pension so I can now save up for 10 years and get a train ticket south.

06/02/2013 at 20:18

Intervals done, can sit around catching up on recordings now, yay!

No swimming tommorow as got dentist so extra rest day.

Glad your in GWO Westie

Well, I've signed up as a volunteer for this years SDW50 any WAISTers doing that?

06/02/2013 at 21:03

we've had a few divorces, we should have celebrated those!!!

I just want to see Elton john's wedding, that'll put the royal wedding to shame!

no running tonight, got home at 8 after a trip to Exeter B&Q (rather than torquay branch) but got lost and went through a couple of tiny but very nice villages!!! (exter is only about 18 miles away!)

Tomorrow I seem to have a free night so all being well I'll be in my trainers!

But am feeling very   Today we had cake at work, it filled me up so I skipped lunch because I wasnt hungry, THEN, I went the chippy on the way home get got MrS some chippy chips, I didnt feel like them so decided to have left over chilli.  I am feeling a lot less stressed about food, I just hope it continues.

coffee anyone

06/02/2013 at 22:40
((((C1)))))

How are your fingers Snaily?

I'm delighted about the marriage thing. Love s love plain and simple.

I think a waister bash would be brilliant :0)

The weight loss is just happening Yums :0) I'm not eating bread, chocolate or processed foods. I've cut out coffee except for the one Mr Tubs brought me home from Costa the other day. The last 5 days have been pretty much pain free but I'm not going to lapse or I'll not make the flight a week on Monday. First thing I'm going to do when we get there is buy a blender :0)

Lovely walk with Blue and Mr Tubs, up the Glen to the end of the lane then carried on up the greenway footpath. I've missed 4 days walking since starting the Penguin 100 days challenge but I'm feeling do much better and fitter :0)

(((( waisters ))))
06/02/2013 at 22:42

Evening

After 20+ years shacked up with Mr P I won't put a hex on via marriage thanks Spence!

What about big birthdays....?  If we can't get married or have sprogs (does one really celebrate sprogs? ) then at the very least we could have a big birthday bash.....there must be a few lurking.......

Anyway - I'm off to bed with Cycling Weekly (I know how to live) and up early for another brass monkey's on the beach at 0600 tomorrow

Sweet dreams all

M...eldy    pirate
06/02/2013 at 23:15

At which time I shall be crawling in to my bed Podds .. dont be upset if I dont join you

06/02/2013 at 23:49
I ain't got a big birthday coming up for 18 years sadly! With you on not celebrating sprogs podds - eek! there's always, you know, like running related achievements... w've had a few of them over the years!

Just feels a bit mad that there's not been much in the way of weddings and babies in here when in real life i'm hemmed in on all sides by people doing one or the other, or bth in quick succession!

And on that philosophical note i'm off to sleep. Thursday is the new friday don't you know
07/02/2013 at 07:23

Guess I should have had a party for my 'big' birthday!!

morning

I love my sprogs

Just as well eh !!

Out for lunch today, how very civilised

07/02/2013 at 07:56
Oh i love most people's sprogs spence, and if i had my own they'd be the best sprogs in the whole world (of course) it's just that right now their arrival in my household would not necessarily be a cause for celebration....

Of course though, your big birthday! We could always have a late party at the weekend

Train, again. One day i'll find myself sitting next to DL
07/02/2013 at 08:20

morning

sprogs arrival in this house hold would cause a catastrophic disaster

Happy train journey Daffs

Big birthday in 3 years, should we start planning it now!!! 

Just heard the Gov have scrapped the idea of scrapping the GCSEs, decision is made for Jnr Spence now.

Lost 3lb in a week following the Paul Mc rules.  Finding it ok, have to exercise some control when eating food, but other than that its not too bad.  Still a long way to go though.

Right better crack on

XB
07/02/2013 at 09:00

We could have had a joint big birthday bash last September.

Daffs, surely you have a big birthday in 8 years and 18 years and 28 years. Party on.

07/02/2013 at 09:13
Morning all

Ffa la la and tral de dee I'm on a train. What joy.

I'd like to be able to recommend Lincoln. It was very well acted but a bit wordy, worthy and quite heavy going. Enjoyed it but not to the extent I'd tell others to go unless American history is your thing.

Happy Thursday everyone
07/02/2013 at 09:20
Leaves large pot of coffee. And looks wistfully at it :0)

We could always just celebrate being friends :0)

(((( waisters ))))
07/02/2013 at 09:51

Morning

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

sprogs arrival in this house hold would cause a catastrophic disaster

Same here Snaily!!

Tubsterr wrote (see)

Aww - what a lovely thought Tubs But can we still have bubbly and cake and stuff?

It was absolutely totally brass monkeys this morning but I guess that's what you get on a north facing beach with a strong northwesterly wind......... The NV was less than impressed as he really doesn't do cold or wind   The other two had an absolute ball although Sharkey did get bashed in the leg by a huge branch wielded by Harry (yellow lab) and had to go into 3 legged mode until enough fuss had been made of him to allow him to manfully limp along behind us 

07/02/2013 at 11:18

Whoa! I was sitting here admiring the sunlight and thinking about dashing out for a little chug when BAM! it started dumping hail like no tomorrow, following by driving rain and heavy gusts of wind...that's stopped now, but there are dark clouds leaning down and looking very nasty. Might re-think....

i think Tubs is onto something: 

Tubsterr wrote (see)
Leaves large pot of coffee. And looks wistfully at it :0)

(((( waisters ))))

And I wouldn't worry, Podds: I think it's obvious that ANY WAISter party is going to involve mountains of cake and fountains of bubbly, amongst other things  

Tubs, so glad things are settling down for you. Sounds like you'll be fine as long as you're pretty careful what you eat. AT least you know how to handle it. 

Podds, I love the sound of Sharkey, what a thespian! (And don't we all know that male thing of bravely-suppressed whimpering that goes on until all sympathy has been extracted, at which point he manfully straightens up and with a gallant smile resumes marching, though with a visible limp? 

Careers thingy last night was a bit chaotic. School hadn't decided whether it was a fair for uni's and other higher education places to put out their stalls, or a careers guidance evening. But I talked to quite a few intending lawyers, so maybe did some good....

Sunny again now, but looks pretty rotten with clouds, I'll look at the radar prediction for rain and see if there's a break coming...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.