19/02/2013 at 07:39

ooh exciting Nogs

Tea please

I'm up

I've decided to do tomorrows run

I think

19/02/2013 at 07:47
Tea please!

Well done dawnieeee, excellent half running there - i've never madeit under 3 hours so i'm well impressed

Manchester for me later fo an hour...
19/02/2013 at 07:51

Morning

Re Stratford.

Havent booked anything! Still  not sure financially or on distance of run or driving there

Whos staying where when etc and if , IF SPENCE, I book half are people run/walking or what?

19/02/2013 at 08:20

Morning

welcome Dawnieeeeeeeeee and well done on the fitness front and your first half.  Spence is "encouraging" me to do my first half at stratford in Nov, I can only r/w a 5k at the minute!!!

Amandax, we're staying at Prem Inn Waterside, I've not booked anything either yet!  IF (have you noted Spence) IF IF IF IF I do the half I will certainly be R/W, maybe more W/R!!!!!!

Where you off Noggs?

In work, lets see if I pi$$ anyone off today, knowing whats coming up I probably will

19/02/2013 at 08:28

Snaily are you staying fri  and sat ?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/02/2013 at 08:29

morning

Amanda

We are mostly staying at the Waterways Premier Inn - some Friday and Saturday, some just Saturday

Some are doing the half, some 10 or 5K some are just hurling abuse from the sidelines.

Whatever you decide to do, please come. I've booked the half and will probably run/walk it. All the races are starting at the same time (11am) and the cut off for the half is 3 hours, which means you have 3 hours to finish the 5k as well I assume.

I've done what was supposed to be an easy run this morning, lovely bright frosty weather, but I've not really recovered from Sunday (not helped I suspect by my spin class yesterday in which I found myself working harder than I intended!).

Happy packing day Noggs

There are a few people missing in action around here - Chuggs? Yumms?

Welcome to Dawnlee, you'll like it in here, well done on your run.

19/02/2013 at 08:40

Morning All

Another foggy morning but hopefully it'll burn off as I'm playing hookie today and going for a hound meet up at Fowlmead

On the plus side more lovely fog horns to listen to - they really do have a lovely timbre

Happy Skiing Noggs - may all your pistes be smooth and all your crashes be gentle ones

19/02/2013 at 09:21

'My Mate J' has informed me we are PB trying at Stratty as we haven't come close since 09 However this will depend on how broken I am after Chester, the wind, the support the sun, the rain etc, etc !!

or I might not !!

DD and I have done a lovely 4 miles under bright blue skies very cold brrrr

on the way back I noticed a white van collecting charity bags 'cept they didn't look like charity collectors...mainly cos they didn't collect every bag!!   So I've rung the old Bill !!!

19/02/2013 at 09:22

morning all,and hello Dawnleee, forgot what you are up to Noggy but have a good one what ever your packing for

May try a walk / run this morning will see how I get on .

19/02/2013 at 09:25

Take care Westie

19/02/2013 at 10:13

'My Mate J' has informed me we are PB trying at Stratty as we haven't come close since 09 However this will depend on how broken I am after Chester, the wind, the support the sun, the rain etc, etc !!

or I might not !!

DD and I have done a lovely 4 miles under bright blue skies very cold brrrr

on the way back I noticed a white van collecting charity bags 'cept they didn't look like charity collectors...mainly cos they didn't collect every bag!!   So I've rung the old Bill !!!

19/02/2013 at 10:45

say that again Spence!

welcome Dawnlee!

I'm a run/walker too, but I just walk uphill or when I fancy it  usually 1 minute per mile in marafuns

Podds - with the marafun thing, I love the me-time of the long run - well up to 18 miles. its during the working week that I struggle for time - and I like the idea of combining holidays with races hence Guernsey

19/02/2013 at 10:48

Morning all Just had a nice expresso with my porrige I'm not in work next couple days getting stuff ready for thursday

Welcome Dawneeee and well done on your progression to finishing that half! the time isnt as important as the fact that you finished!

Good runs all round today it seems

Now off to do paperwork

WAIST well and prosper

19/02/2013 at 11:18

Oh oops pardon me

What's happenig Thursday Cheesey?

I'm going to see a baby this afternoon

After I've been a taxi service

19/02/2013 at 11:30

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/703880/gallery/catslaces.jpg?width=350

19/02/2013 at 11:41

I've sent off my assignment ...

Now ... Mr P has to go to Chester soon as he has a 24 hour HRM, so we might go together and I can browse while he's at the hospital.

Lovely day.

Had a great night last night - went to see Bellowhead!

XB
19/02/2013 at 12:01

Saw Bellowhead at WOMAD in 2011. One of the best gigs (get me) I've ever seen. Infectious good fun.

Cracking run this morning. Warm up then 3 miles tempo and cool down. Excellent start to the day.

Dylan has gone to Mr Fixit to have his MOT. And get a quote for a facelift.

19/02/2013 at 12:52

Hi Again well that's me back from a walk/ run 6.5 mile which took for ever as a lot of walking involved.I have to walk these days so have been trying to find the best combination for me as coming from the "old school" you had to run all the way and if you stopped to walk it was impossible to get running again. Anyway for a change this morning I went through all the run 3 walk 1 , run 4 walk 1 run 5 walk 2 etc etc ideas I had and then came out with a cunning plan to break up any repetition syndrome. You may have all done this before but it was the first time I tried it put the walkman on random play and ran/ walked alternate tunes for my 6+ miles only problem I had was some tracks were only 3 mins but others were 5+ mins so it was a gamble how long the run or walk phase was . Anyway it was "fun" to try and gave an added interest as when you hit a hill you did not know what phase you would be on and walking up hills are out if tune is for running Think it would be ok for most people doing their Long slow runs at weekend etc.

19/02/2013 at 13:19

LOL cheesy, hope whatever your up to on Thursay turns out to be less  and more

~~~ MOT vibes for Dylan

Amandax - I'm staying over at Spence's on Friday and booking in Stratford for the Saturday.  Unless there are loads of people staying over at stratford on the friday then might do 2 nights (just didnt want to be a billy-no-mates!)

OK back to more meetings

19/02/2013 at 13:22

Westie, sounds like fun, and a bit of a song gamble!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.