working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,161 to 215,180 of 237,892 messages
17/02/2013 at 20:03

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/103883/gallery/pirate_ship-edit.jpg?width=350

This is the 'pirate ship' I've passed on my long runs the past couple of weeks! Not a great photo on my phone (it was so bright and sunny, I couldn't see the screen). I think I might go back later in the week and get some better pics.

Edited: 17/02/2013 at 20:07
17/02/2013 at 20:03
Will you stop booking rooms there will be none left at this rate and I'll be sleeping in the car! If there are any rooms left I roomy with someone. I don't snore

Sanding and glossing done. Chicken soup cooked ready for the week. Ironing done. Can't wait for work tomorrow for a rest!
17/02/2013 at 20:04
Pippi being all secretive on us!
17/02/2013 at 20:08

Pippi being all technical and failing... then taking a long time ...

17/02/2013 at 20:09

I'm fasting from now ... blood test tomorrow ... just for my MOT! I can have plenty of water, which is just as well as I've been very thirsty today.

17/02/2013 at 20:19
M...eldy wrote (see)

Room booked for Saturday night anyway, Podds .... want a roomie??

Yes please?  Have you organised us or do I need to do anything?

What time do these races start on the Saturday?  I shall be spectating elegantly with the Westies and the Noggs but would like to see you all go by but need to work out just exactly how stupidly early I'll have to leave home!!

I cooked tonight  - to celebrate the end of playing nursemaid to Mr P - he's on his own now

17/02/2013 at 20:41
All races start at 11 Podds

Well entered Daffs
M...eldy    pirate
17/02/2013 at 21:00

Nah nothing more to do Podds, pay on the day ....

17/02/2013 at 21:24

Fandabidozee

18/02/2013 at 07:45

Morning

Love the photo Pippi Good luck with the blood test!

I'm having porridge

I tell ya you have to have patience with this weight loss malarkey don't you ?

18/02/2013 at 07:53
I ain't entered nowt yet spence! And i still might not!
18/02/2013 at 09:18

Spence hope that porridge is in prep for a run, your on holidays so no excuse!

Morning

Didnt win the lotto so I'm back at work, on the plus side I have lost 1/2 stone in 3 weeks, I'm well chuffed.  Even more impressive is I'm not hungry, I've eaten cake, and cheese on toast (though not together) and I've not exercised (apart from the DIY)  Just wait till I get running again 

Getting very frustrated with workmen down here, I've rang a stonemason (we've chipped our new mable fireplace) to come and repair said chip, he lives 10miles away.  Didnt come when he said this weekend. I've rang again today its too far!  WHAT!!!!!  grrrrrrrrr

Happy monday all

18/02/2013 at 09:27

WOW! Snaily, well done on the weight loss.....It's taken me 5 weeks to lose 4lb !!?? and I've been oh so good!!

Daffs, we don't have a representative in the 5k yet

I have done an interval session it is beautiful out there  although very much a two pairs of gloves day!

18/02/2013 at 09:39

Morning WAISTers  Tea's on!

Rest day yesterday, I was still aching from fridays stint, Roni was too, and we decided to have an easy day instead! Shame as it was such a nice day!

May go out later, depends on workload and how tired I am.

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 09:40
18/02/2013 at 09:58

Spence, I have about 3st to lose, thats the difference 

I may sign up for the 5k then 

Oh and I made Cream of Chicken soup yesterday, although it had veg in too, so cream of chiken and veg soup.  Having opened the fridge this morning, I may have over done it on the garlic

18/02/2013 at 10:03
I appear to be in Bristol. Makes a change.

Have I missed anything? Off to a meeting. Just need to buy a parking ticket. Has anyone got any spare change please???
18/02/2013 at 10:10

Morning All

Oh I do so like school when there are no staff or kids in

Here you are DL - didn't realise you needed to pay to park your train though 

LOL Snaily re the garlic 

Typically after a weekend of sea fog today it seems to be disappearing and the sun is out....... talk about sods law!

Right - serious sorting out to do before trying to get through as much work as poss today

Laters

18/02/2013 at 10:40

morning all

ooooohhh this WAISter meet sounds very exciting!! Snaily do you still need a roomie?  need to enter a few races as my running is proper plodsville these days! getting a few miles in though

Snaily - what fab weightloss! you too Spence thats a nice sensible way to get the lbs off!

boss is off today

18/02/2013 at 11:38
Snaily, you are down for the half!!

Or under extreme circumstances the 10k !!!!

Far Far, Shrewsbury half or full, Chester... J says get yourself entered!!
18/02/2013 at 11:44

Yep JFF I still need a roomie.

Looked at the 10k plan and the 1/2 plan, it'll take 26 weeks following it, jeez thats a big commitment.  On the plus side the painting should be done earlier than planned so I can start training

Sun is shining here too, I can see it through my office window

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.