working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,181 to 215,200 of 243,249 messages
19/02/2013 at 13:34

Mrs and I are booked for Friday and saturday at Stratty

19/02/2013 at 14:15

so could always spend the weekend with the olds! 

19/02/2013 at 15:14

Afternoon,

Cheesy, you are being very enigmatic I hope that Thursdaygoes well whatever is happening.

Hello and welcome, Dawniee, you have done really well on getting to your first half mara

Oooh, nearly time to go Noggy.What time should we be at the airport?

I hope that everything is OK with Mr Pippi.

~~~Snaily~~~

Yes, I had noticed the absence of Yummity and Chuggy. I hope they are both OK.

Well, I have twisted MS's arm a bit and, as a result, we are booked into the Premier Inn Waterway for the Friday and Saturday nights . What time do the Chippendales arrive??

It is another beautiful day here, hardly a cloud in the sky and temp around 10C . I have done a sluggie with MS and am back home now.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

19/02/2013 at 15:53

Slugs, we can't get the Chippendales but I reckon with enough whisky Westie and I could get nekkid for you

No airports involved, we're doing a Chuggy style mighty overland trip to Austria.  I'm doing it the easy way - via the tunnel and staying over in Aachen.  It's driveable to soll in a day but why stress ourselves?

I'm taking my Kindle Fire so will have some wifi connection and will be able to check in from time to time.

The snow conditions are the best for 22 years Or so my austrian spies tell me.  We're taking our own skis but will hire some 'race' skis as we loved them in Italy.  Don't be fooled by the tag 'race', we're the most sedate skiers you will see.

My bags are just about packed, all paperwork sorted just got to tell Orange and sign up to one of their Euro deals.

19/02/2013 at 16:04

Have a great time Noggy!

19/02/2013 at 16:08

ooooh Noggs how bloomin exciting - can I come

19/02/2013 at 16:31
Nog = N + 1 wrote (see)

Slugs, we can't get the Chippendales but I reckon with enough whisky Westie and I could get nekkid for you

You misunderstand Noggs - we want you to carve a set of dining chairs!

19/02/2013 at 16:36
Tee hee pippi!

I'm planning fri and sat nights although not booked yet - all available finances going on flute lessons this month! Literally around ??200 of them -i'd better bloody pass first time!!
19/02/2013 at 16:51

Sluggie - Mr Pippi is fine thanks, but he has a leaky heart valve, which isn't causing him any problems, and the docs are happy with, but it is something to keep an eye on. He has probably had it for ages, and the HRM is a 'baseline' to check against over the years. They have warned him it might need treatment in ten years or so.

His knee is hurting him which is annoying as I'd like to have long walk (look at this weather!). He has been offered a replacement knee, but after a couple of knee ops which have left him feeling worse, he is reluctant to do anything else! Also the information on knee replacements has people saying things like "6 weeks after the operation, I was able to walk a mile!" - which is he takes as being a setback, as he can often do 10-15 mile walks (but he does take painkillers regularly - okay by GP).

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/02/2013 at 17:07

afternoon

Bless Mr Pippi, he's doing well all things considered. I'm guessing that if he has his knee replacement that he will be walking  a great deal more than a mile when he is recovered. The vast majority of people who have knee replacements don't have near the level of fitness that he does. He may find it useful to talk to the consultant rahter than rely on the standard info that is available.

I'm booked in for the Friday and the Saturday at the Premier. I hope we can get together for something to eat on the Friday, then whatever we want on the Saturday 

I've just had a tooth extraction. It's a back tooth that has been giving me problems for a while, several infections and just a nuisance, so I gave in and agreed to let it go. I was not looking forward to it and it dominated my thoughts all day in work. In the end, it was no bother at all! The feeling is on it's way back, here's hoping there's no problems. Someone said that one should not exercise after a tooth extraction cos there is a risk of 'Dry Socket Syndrome'. There is such a thing and it looks and sounds nasty, but I've found nothing linking exercise to it, so I may well just do my spin class in the morning as long as the thing feels ok.

19/02/2013 at 17:31
Ok. Looks like 2 nights at premier if finances allow. Anyone still looking to share or shall I look at singles?
19/02/2013 at 17:43

Sue, I had an extraction before Christmas and had the dry socket thing.  Avoid if possible - I think it's luck rather than external influences.

Pipps, hope Mr P keeps smiling.  May I suggest he take up cycling?  I had both knees scoped - must be 5 years back - after the op the consultant said my right knee is shot and need replacing, he suggested it may only last a couple of months.  A bloody minded attitude and some biking are good things.

I'm at the stage now of thinking that if I ain't packed it I don't need it.

19/02/2013 at 17:58

Thanks for thoughts of Mr P - he does cycle, though not to a Nog extent!

Yes, I tend to think a knee replacement would do him the world of good in the long run, and the 'old crocks' in the information are not something to judge himself by!

I didn't go to Chester with him in the end as it got a bit late, so I stayed in the garden and wrestled with Ivy (surely you know her?). It grows mostly from next door and up and through the fence. I did find a large root in the wall so I've lopped that and hope it might start to die back.

M...eldy    pirate
19/02/2013 at 18:16

Amanda .. wait a while, I suspect if Yums is coming that she may want a roomie as well??

Sue, def no exercise after an abstraction, once you get the feeling back you wont want to either!!

Glad to see things are coming together for the WAISTer meet

I have cycled for 60 miles, I have inhaled my tea and I may fall asleep very soon
AND I saw a barn owl about 2ft away, obviously popped out for a late lunch and was at the edge of the field when I disturbed him ... amazing sight 

19/02/2013 at 18:52
No one wants to stay Friday night

Hope we're all eating together Saturday evening!?
M...eldy    pirate
19/02/2013 at 18:57

Wecanalways book a Friday night closer to the time if needs be .... there are a fair few that *have* booked the Friday Spence ... !!

19/02/2013 at 19:00
Well done Westie sounds like a good idea!

Have a fab time Nogs
Ahh poor Mr Pippi
19/02/2013 at 19:02
Sorry I meant no one wants to stay Chez Spence Friday night!?
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
19/02/2013 at 19:09

Sorry Spence, I thought you would be booked up so I went for the impersonal and friendless hotel option instead 

19/02/2013 at 19:23

Spence how far is it from yours to the race?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.