working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,341 to 215,360 of 242,739 messages
23/02/2013 at 10:56
My hands were frozen. Garmin time 29.55 but awaiting official one.
Now home and warm.
I have a dilemma tho, bike shop have phoned to say youngests bike is in. Do I tell him which means a 45 min drive to shop etcetera or not. Bearing in mind it's still snowing.....
23/02/2013 at 11:52

It is SO BLIDDY COLD here that even Mr C isn't going out. And he's wearing a jumper. And he's wearing SHOES instead of his Birks!!! I tell you, the world is about to come to an end.....!!! 

So a gigantic gold star for Spence and Amada and anyone else who actually went out in these temperatures.  Respect!

Spence, I've heard of people eating their hats, but apparently you are so surprised by the prospect of the WAISterfest that you are planning to take things one step further??

Spence wrote (see)

I saw a lovely skirt I might treat myself to for the post race meal 

No accounting for tastes, I suppose... 

It's C1's BD today---she's 30!! My clearest memory is the day after she was born Mr C came to hozzie, and he sat and looked at her in her cot, and she looked back at him.....and as I watched, the noose in her tiny hand tightened around his neck.....and she's had him right there ever since!  

We are going for lunch in the village to celebrate, but I have a very sniffy sneezy cold now so not much else going on. Think I will read some lovely 13th century law reports, so soothing! xxx

(Needless to say I am sooo jealous of everyone going to Stratty! Wild thoughts of working for a 10 k and going over to join you have passed through my head, but there is just so much going on in the family right now that I'm not sure it feasible, either timewise or moneywise....)

23/02/2013 at 12:35
Happy Birthday C1

We'll all be there Chuggy albeit in person or in our usual cyber way, friendship such as the Waisters have has no bounds :0)

I was going to add" or physical limits" but I'd hate that to be misconstrued!!

Impressive running in adverse weather conditions :0)

I'm quite relieved to be on the bench :0) Lots of walking and swimbling every day :0)

Steamed swordfish tastes delicious :0)

(((( waisters ))))
Edited: 23/02/2013 at 12:36
23/02/2013 at 13:25

LOL Chuggs!!

Happy Birthday C1

well done Amandax, great time

23/02/2013 at 15:38

Podds: yep agree on the feeling OK after a LSR, which on a fairly flat ish one wouldnt be a problem for the same distance. However .... Not being one to do things the sensible way, I currently do most of my running around Bedgebury, which does apparently have some flat bits... the rest is hilly pretty much the entire route that I take, ranging from short steep hills to long gradients, with a couple of long steep gradients thrown in for a bit of fun! The longest longest steep gradient is 1km long and can be a real killer going up, and another fair gradient of 3/4 km ! Then of course, you have to go down other side too, which as I am practicing a different way of going down hills, is proving fun. Its the hills that get me, not the distance

I guess its a LSR with good hill workout thrown in, bit of a contradiction in terms, but its fun.

Good runs all who went today

Another forest run with Roni tommorow, recovery pace for me, sheer torture for her

23/02/2013 at 15:39
My hands were frozen too had two pairs if gloves on, should have made it three!!

I'm off out to Wolves this evening to see 'Train' in concert
23/02/2013 at 15:40

morning Hve I missed anything - Darn shame I missed signing up to the Stratty raceway thingummy races.....

Spence, get your money's worth out of the long skirt and run in it - save changing for the post race meal - bit classy for afish n chips out of newspaper or a kebab

well plodded Mandax

LOL at C1 making mr C like putty The next ice age must be upon us if mr C has a jumper on!

Happy   Birthday C1

*leaves not with feeble excuse for absence on Podds desk*   In my defence I did run wed and fri this week and no complaints from the old body either

23/02/2013 at 15:43

Train ? I didn't now DL was musical

LSR with hill work, cheesy ? Gosh, how hideous

23/02/2013 at 16:29
Yums, there's a race with your name on it at Stratty

Get entered or I'll set Meldy on ya !
M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 16:36

Yeah!!

DL is the lead singer of Train .. so I heard

I have done an hour sweating on the turbo and an hour in the gym and I am now at w*rk .. not sure how that happened but I do appear to be missing the rugby which is something I need to address I think

23/02/2013 at 16:40
Yes I shall be missing the ruggers too

I hope DL ain't the lead singer!! I shall be most disappointed!!
23/02/2013 at 17:31

Afternoon,

Great running from those who did. I was never cold enough to keep even one pair of gloves on for the duration of a run, used to stuff them in my waistband once I had got going, but my upper arms and thighs were always cold no matter what I wore. MS would have a long sleeved top, no jacket, and shorts but his hands would go dead even on mildish days. It's a funny business, in't it??

Westie, it doesn't seem 5 minutes since you had to stop running cos of the MI and look at you now! You are a real advert for WAISTing .

Happy Birthday C1  LOL at your comments about the noose, Chuggy.

Oooh look, the lesser spotted Yummity bird. Glad to hear that you are still with us.

Tubs, it sounds as if you are having a great time - I hope the same can be said for XB and Mrs.

We enjoyed The Magicians yesterday and I found a nice spot to stand when I needed to. Didn't sleep well though so have been a bit  today. We will be off to Boreham Wood (for Dancing on Ice) tomorrow morning and will be back sometime on Monday.  Meanwhile there is some rugby to watch...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 17:32

From the little I can see and a dark blue jersey crossing the line I dont think its going well ...

23/02/2013 at 18:31
Official park run time 29.48. Not quite PB but best time for a while and Achilles felt good. Wore new shoes and they seemed fine.

Off for a bank shift on wards tonight. Roll on 8am I say
23/02/2013 at 19:26

Evening

I have swimbled and recruited yet another person from my run club to my tri club

23/02/2013 at 20:06

Meldy's Little Helper ^^^

I had a good long run - just under 10 miles.

And I've booked Stratford for me and Mr P. 

I've also booked trains to get to London (and back!) for my OU tutorials in May - had a bit of a panic when I looked at the hotel details which I'd booked earlier - I don't want to go in December!!!! but then realised that silly website gives dates American style! grrr.

M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 20:09

Amanda I meant to say, I think your AOL account has been hacked unless you really are trying to sell me some dodgy diet pills 

Well recruited Podds!   I need a few more on my list for the 'works' Tri Club training session, I have secured a top coach and so far a few of us will be getting a lot of value for money !!!

23/02/2013 at 20:11

I've created an event on FB and invited you (if I know you ...)

24/02/2013 at 00:29
Well run Pippi

I've had the most fantastic night!!

We were second row from the stage! Bliddy fantastic!
Even caught a T shirt !

Came home and Mr Spence has laid the table ready for my folks tomorrow, bless
M...eldy    pirate
24/02/2013 at 01:02

Most people have chicken or beef ....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.