working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,341 to 215,360 of 237,489 messages
22/02/2013 at 09:26

Morning

Key Lime Pie.....mmmmmm any left!?
Not suprised you feel a bit  that was a huuuuuge portion of pancakes Snaily!!

M...eldy wrote (see)

You love it  

9 months of Spence nagging you !!!!

The thought brings joy to my heart !! 

Plenty of time to train DL
I can send you a lovely training plan if you wish

I'm feeling a little  think it was the effort yesterday!!

22/02/2013 at 09:32
Morning. 5 miles last night. Achilles niggled but ok. Orthodentist with youngest today, it's been nothing but check ups all week.
May park run tomorrow but am doing night shift so will see.
I really need new shoes so may try and get to the shop today.

Still in bed as hol day! Have been up for tea and crumpets already though, and second wash is on so not a total slob!
22/02/2013 at 09:34
Oh and forgot to say. Spence, I think Westie will need that 5k link .....! As per fb challenge!!
22/02/2013 at 09:37

Nearly time for Homes Under The Hammer

22/02/2013 at 09:38

Holy cow, I look away for a few days and trying to catch up is like reading blooming War and Peace!!!!

The Stretty meeting sounds fabulous, and lots of WAISters going to be there!!! I'd love to come, but absolutely no idea where I will be in November or which Chuglets may be coming home then and from where so it's wait and see for now. 

I did try to read back but picked up pretty random stuff so

Fab weight loss, Snaily! You are going to be SOOO svelte!

((((((Sue's gob)))))))))

If the tooth was a bad 'un you'll feel hugely better without it. I had my long-term trouble-maker out last year and I'm so glad I did! 

[waves in Noggie's direction---gather he's off to slide down mountains again! Brill!]

(((((Mr Pippi's knee)))))))))

From what Sue said, it might be worth asking for a second opinion. He might get a much better outcome than average from an op?

Melds and Podds are both increasing their ferrous content by the day ))

Cheesie, I, Chuggy, do hereby give you, Cheesie, all my rights and interests in any Thunder and Lightning which may now or at any time in the future to me appertain. Glad to confer it on someone who appreciates it---way too sweet for me

DL, hope the post-lurgy lurches leave you quickly. At least OFSTED loves you! (although I hate to think what that may tell us about you...

Oooh, Tubs, your hols do sound lovely. (Although I think you can have my steamed catfish!) Tell me---is it WARM there???

It's bliddy freezing here (effective temps -8 during the day),  has been for 2 weeks and it's staying til next week. If I tell you that Mr C is wearing a jumper you'll understand. (Cheesie, my OH doesn't feel the cold. He walked home 3 miles from the garage last winter in -18, wearing a cotton shirt and an unlined raincoat... he's truly barking! So if he wears a jumper, the sky is about to freeze and fall in!) Snowed last week, then iced, so when I met a friend in the village for lunch I walked, or rather minced, 4 k in and back out---didn't dare drive or even cycle. Not running in that tho I'm walking 3-4 miles daily so my legs don't fall off. End of winter here really: you know---low-grade viruses, head colds etc. But it will be spring soon!

XB
22/02/2013 at 09:39
Spence wrote (see)

Nearly time for Homes Under The Hammer

Mrs XB has just watched one on iPlayer while I was out running.

M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2013 at 09:49

Did she not have washing up to do or something?

22/02/2013 at 09:57

*peers into WAISTerlounge*

'ello strangers. Did someone say Stratty? How do you do this running thing again? Something about putting one foot in front of the other then doing it faster?

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
22/02/2013 at 10:02

wow! I was just about to breathe a sigh of relief to see a stray lamb back in the fold and up pops another 

Helloooooooo Berry! You coming to Stratty then 

22/02/2013 at 10:05

Yeah, I think in nine months even I could work myself up to a 10K! Anyone up for sharing a room? I don't snore.... much!

M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2013 at 10:19

Amazing what a few threats can produce 

22/02/2013 at 10:31

here's my absence note. Bit late, sorry.

22/02/2013 at 10:37

Morning All

Dogs walked in icy bitter winds yet again - I for one am getting heartily sick of forever being cold

Yums is ok for those asking - just a bit up-to-eyeballs with stuff and of course as someone said it is half term and she has 2 yoofs all of her very own!!

Good to see you Berry - Stratty November so please do come along  Although we may manage a southern WAISTer Lahndahn meet again before then if we get organised

I am working from home today (as you can tell  ) and have ended up having to go to club presentation evening (against my will!!) as the club press officer / official photographer.....oh well - it'll be fun once I'm there I'm sure!

Right - more work to do - laters

22/02/2013 at 11:11
Wooo hoooo look at all the WAISTers coming in from the cold

Recruited another to the half this morning!!
M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2013 at 11:17

Good work Spence !!!

22/02/2013 at 11:20

Just gotta get YOU signed up!!
22/02/2013 at 11:27
And Westie is now doing the 5k cos he said if Amandax did the half he'd do the 5 and she is!!
M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2013 at 11:29

That wont happen til well after Lanza so dont hold your breath !

22/02/2013 at 11:34
Ooh sorry Amandax missed your post re Westie!

I'll post the link on his FB page!!

22/02/2013 at 11:42

You'll keep !!

Westie, incase you ignore FB, here it is.....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=73930&ms=

That'll learn ya to challenge  a WAISTer lady   

oh I'm SO EXCITED !!!!!  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.