215,381 to 215,400 of 234,936 messages
M...eldy    pirate
15/02/2013 at 11:27
Morning all
Today is going to be a long n busy one and then I have to work all night
Joy ????
15/02/2013 at 11:47

What you up to today then Melds?

And why have you sent the fuzz round our place?

15/02/2013 at 14:27
Is it safe to come in yet?????????
XB
15/02/2013 at 15:02

Only if you want to be entered

15/02/2013 at 15:28

Woo Hoo,

Premier Waterways booked for HL and I.

I took the afternoon off as it's nice and sunny, at least, it was.  2 hours and two ascents of the brooding Col du Brill.  It was flipping cold on the descents though.

15/02/2013 at 15:55

hello

oooooh what excitement in the lounge!!!

I shall of course be partaying in WAISter style and running the half

just need to try and get away with not inviting Mr FF who doensn't like to miss out - I know, I'll tell him he can only come if he enters a race that should do it

15/02/2013 at 16:23

I'll use the same tactic JFF!!!

Have you entered yet DL

15/02/2013 at 16:53

I'm being let out at work 

Work trip to london in April, thought I'd use the chance to go early and have the afternoon to myself in London.  So any ideas where I should go, considering I'm on my own and only been to London once before!!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/02/2013 at 17:22

whereabouts in London will you be? 'Tis a rather big place 

If I had a free afternoon to myself, it would be the British Museum or the Tate or the National Art Gallery 

If it were a really nice day, I would wander around Hyde Park - even borrow one of Boris's bikes and take a trip around the Park - there are lots of obelisks and other statues to see.

15/02/2013 at 18:42

Ye Olde Dragon wrote (see)

morning

hotel booked, race entered  

and me

and 'My Mate J'

Come on DL you know you want to

15/02/2013 at 18:47

well train gets in a paddington, so should be close to there, I'm a bit nervous of the underground, who knows where i'd end up 

You lot better stop booking up rooms, I'm skint till pay day!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/02/2013 at 19:26

The tube station from Paddington goes everywhere! Well, everywhere in London. What sort of things do you like?

London has everything. The museums and art galleries are free as are the parks. You can walk to Hyde Park from Paddington in about 10 minutes or less.

If you like just sitting and people watching (I do) Covent Garden is a good place for that - all sorts get there 

Don't be afraid of the underground, it all connects up so if you get on the wrong one or the wrong way round, you can soon get back to where you're supposed to be, look on it as an adventure. I like to watch people and guess who are the commuters and who are the tourists (doesn't take much expertise in the power of observation for most of them). Then I give people names, occupations and destinations, the wackier the better 

15/02/2013 at 19:40

Jenni-far-far wrote (see)

just need to try and get away with not inviting Mr FF who doensn't like to miss out -

ahh you have to let Mr Far Far come, he's ace support crew

DL, have you entered yet!?

ooh Snaily how exciting, the tube is fab once you get the hang of it and as Dragon says if you go the wrong way just cross the platform and come back

I can't tell you how excited I am

Is it November yet!!?

15/02/2013 at 20:29

Covent garden sounds like its for me, oh how exciting

Oh gosh someone give spence a chill pill!

15/02/2013 at 20:46

Oh!
bit early to make your bed up Snaily!?

15/02/2013 at 21:33

booking confirmed spence, I'm coming alone

15/02/2013 at 21:40

Trip to london AND a WAISTer trip to Stratford, wont sleep tonight i'm so excited.

so I now need to ditch my 5k training and up it to the C210K   Better hurry up and get the DIY sorted.

tea, bed with a book

15/02/2013 at 22:05

So that's you and My Mate J staying the Friday night

Anyone else!?
15/02/2013 at 23:09

I'm going to be boring and talk about running

Long run completed tonight ! 14 miles tonight, less problems than I had on the 12.8 last week, the extra food before helped I think, and Roni gave me a banana to eat on the way! mind you that almost didnt stay down ...

Was really pleased to see a couple of deer, squirrel and Rabbits! makes the pain all worthwhile, but I have to say, when deer stop and look at you, when trying to decide if your a threat or not, they have a look on their faces that looks like its says 'Really, what the f**k are you doing!" made me chuckle.

Sounds like the meet is coming together nicely! good stuff.

Roni did her long run 95 mins continuous! really pleased with herself too. She still needs nudging to join in here tho.

M...eldy    pirate
16/02/2013 at 00:06

Well its almost still 'today'!!

I shoehorned myself out of bed this morning and dragged my sorry arse to the pool for an hour
After a few coffees and a natter I manged to sit down for an hour and talk to the cat before heading to the gym for an hour of weights and core
After that I attended a 1 of 4 Running Technique Workshops, this lasted just over an 90 mins and was probably a little much for my little foot but I shall assess in the morning. It probably didnt register how much running we were doing as we did an hour of drills and exercises and then 30 mins running to put bits into practice ... apparently I need to use my arms more ... arms???? they are used to having a rest after the swim

I walked indoors at 8pm, ate a tin of cold rice pudding, jumped in the shower, mid way through washing the mane I realise I have run out of conditioner .. not the best time to realise that!!
Out the door to work at 9pm and here I be ... I wonder if I can make it through to 7am?!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.