working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,581 to 215,600 of 235,452 messages
20/02/2013 at 12:45
http://www.floridastateparks.org/lakelouisa/
20/02/2013 at 12:57

Tubbs it's the 15th Friday and 16th Saturday

20/02/2013 at 13:13

oh Tubs it will be brill to see you, a fellow stokie at heart!!!

What is Thunder and Lightening?????

20/02/2013 at 14:11
Thank you for a lovely welcome and all the encouragements

Spence - I am seriously tempted about this half, where is it exactly?

Nogs - have the best time skiing!! We are going in April (the joy of being governed by school/Uni holidays!) and I can't wait!

Where are you all? I'm in Surrey (Guildford)

Not been able to go for a run yet after Sundays's half - stiff legs still recovering and foot still hurts, not sure why, but it's really annoying. Also climbed a (long) flight of stairs at local sports park yesterday and was worn out - poor old love lol!!!

And the weather is amazing!!
20/02/2013 at 14:54

Dawneeee...

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?en=72184&sp=&v=2

Long Marston airfield just outside Stratford

DL, I've just spoken to 'J' she asked if you were doing it, I said of course!!

She was really pleased, you make her larf!!

Snaily, 'Thunder and Lightening' is a piece of bread with golden syrup (proper stuff out of the green tin) and clotted cream on top!!   D-bloody-lish reminds me of childhood holidays with Grandma in Plymouth

20/02/2013 at 15:11

Afternoon,

Glad to hear that Mr Pippi is OK. My MIL is back to playing badminton having had both of her knees replaced, if that is any reassurance.

Dawnieeee, I remember how stiff  I was after my first HM , it gets better each time.

(((Sue))), I think you will find that the increased hr with exercise makes your mouth throb rather painfully . I suppose there is a possibility that you might dislodge any clot during exercise and that would put you at risk of dry socket. For the sake of a couple of days, I would tend to exercise nothing except caution!

Awww, has Noggy gone without us ? As I am too frit to ski, I am probably better off here anyway.

It looks as if it will be a real WAISterfest in November . We will want to eat on Friday evening as well as Saturday.

It is a bit of a miserable day here, grey and raw, although the sun is trying to show its face now. Have had coffee, lunch and chat with bff, so all is well with the world.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
20/02/2013 at 17:52

EVenin all

Bon Voyage Noggs ... if you see Chuggs give her a push in this direction 

Glad we located DLs mojo, she will be so glad to have that back AND have a race to train for!

Dawnee .. you are relatively close to me think, a few junctions round the M25

3k Swim swum today, quick once round with the hoover and pea & mint risotto cooked for tea and I am ready for pj's already !

20/02/2013 at 18:00

Well swum Meldy

I have girlies coming to eat, everyone is bringing something I've done half the starter and pudding Fresh fruit salad  normally it would have a norty sibling  but I thought I'd be good!!

20/02/2013 at 18:21

Oh dear - I appear to have done a brick session today

That's 2 lots of proper training in 2 days - half term is clearly a bad idea and I think I need to go back to work soon

Anyone would think I was a proper afferleet

20/02/2013 at 18:28

oooh a bronze medal in the biking up the wooden bank competition!!

M...eldy    pirate
20/02/2013 at 18:30

I'm watching that too Spence, forgot it was on or I would have planted my arris on the sofa earlier

Its gone feckin cold here again ... I have put the frost cover on the car

Podds, you go careful with this training lark

20/02/2013 at 18:31

Blimey Podds, you'll be entering a race at Stratty next!!

20/02/2013 at 18:38
Oh dear daenieeeee being that close to Meldy your in danger of signing up for a triathlon in no time. You'll have a swim, bike and running plan before you can blink! Some good stretching and a walk will sort out your stiffness.

Podds......training.......NEVER!

Mad day at work and now I'm starving :/
20/02/2013 at 18:51
M...eldy wrote (see)

Podds, you go careful with this training lark

But of course boss  You know I don't believe in overdoing it

Spence wrote (see)

Blimey Podds, you'll be entering a race at Stratty next!!

Unlikely I suspect - abuse is sooooo much more my idea of fun

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

Podds......training.......NEVER!  

I know - I find it difficult to believe myself

I even went to print off a training plan earlier but luckily my printer is out of ink

20/02/2013 at 18:54
Podds, you do realise its a lap event which means youll get a kiss every lap!!
20/02/2013 at 20:11

Ooooh Long Marston Used to belong to the National Drag Racing Club years ago, that was one of the race venues lots of fun memories there and of a few local pubs on the race weekend evenings!

Love the phrase WAISTerfest think that should stick ...

Thunder and Lightening = fresh bread, golden syrup (or honey where I lived in somerset) and clotted cream! Got to ne one of the best combination for feel good factor! My Dad lived in Plymouth, so years of cornish holidays taught me the important things like T&L, and how PROPER pasties should taste, and not to upset the piskies

Melds: nice swim, only up to a mile, so in awe of people (half fish?) who can do so far, but then I guess thats no different to being same of people who can run a long way, or run fast (Ive been told they dont ALL have a gazzelle stuck somewhere awkward)

Dawneeeee: do you have a foam roller? and a tennis ball does the sole of foot muscles a treat, both seem to help lots!

WAIST well and Prosper

20/02/2013 at 20:45

with T&L do you cook the bread?  Seems a bit odd.

Watching the Brits, some good uns on, Muse were brill and gotta love a bit of Robbie   Also like to see someone make a complete tit of themselves live on telly too!

20/02/2013 at 21:02
Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

with T&L do you cook the bread?  Seems a bit odd.

Watching the Brits, some good uns on, Muse were brill and gotta love a bit of Robbie   Also like to see someone make a complete tit of themselves live on telly too!

No, and the better the bread, the better it tastes ! Its one of those things, right ingridients, wonderful taste, wrong stuff, itll be ok-ish.

20/02/2013 at 21:31

Sounds great - but without the cream

Anyway   Guess where I've been this evening??!

... local Run England beginners group! Which it seems has been operating weekly from the park 15 mins walk from my house for the last 2 years and I didn't know... Was ACE! Especially liked it that I got there and she said 'it's free tonight, we're just having a half session and then going to the cafe' My kind of running group

Liked it less that the half session was a time trial... but only a mini one (2.31 mins for me apparently! And no, I have no idea how far - down the path, left, past the duck pond, and back up past the bandstand )

20/02/2013 at 23:24
Well done Daffs

Where in Plymouth did your dad live Cheesy? I was born in Plymouth but sadly moved when I was 2
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.