working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,581 to 215,600 of 237,892 messages
28/02/2013 at 18:42

WAISters are surmouinting the challenges of life with their usual cheer, I see!

Melds, being with a bank card is the pits. Mr C's conked out a few days ago, no idea why, but luckily when the same thing happened last summer we got mine all set for internet banking etc too, so he's borrowed mine for the last week. Hope someone gets voice recognition or something sorted one of these days!

((((((((((((((Westie's back))))))))))))))

How annoying, especially when your training has been going so well. Fingers crossed for STratty!! Tho as you said, even the transport is expensive now  But LOVED that Jura race!! I'd love to spectate at that one! Spent some great hols in the Isles, I always love to go back there. 

Pips, between parents evenings and amateur archaeologists you seem to have some character-building events! But how great that the kids get to feel a bit involved in Richard III, anything that makes history more 'real' is good. 

OK, Spence, so tell us. What did they say about your lad? Sounds like a very nice discussion for a mum to have had 

Yums, hope BOTH reports today went well (yours and the lad's). xxx

Tubs, that villa is bee-yew-tee-ful!! And I didn't realise you'd been going to that area for so long, means you have lots of nice memories there too. And that state park sounded amazing, all those animals---full report, please!! 

DL, I strong suspect your mojo has been led astray by mine, as mine has also been awol for some time. I'm hoping the better weather may tempt it back. If yours is with mine, I'll send it home 

Cheesie, you reaaly better watch what you say. No matter how mild she sounds, Meldy IS lurking!! You have been warned!! 

((((((Podds)))))

That sounds like a difficult situation, well handled. Fits are quite distressing to witness, even though you obviously had been trained in what to do. Hope the poor lass is all right. Have an extra glass of wine yourself tonight! 

Sluggie, glad to hear that you felt well enough to aquagym. But not such good news about the projected move. So many people either can't move at the moment or don't dare risk it. We are really thankful we managed to sell our house last year when there was still some movement in the market. Of course it WILL get better, but right now everyone seems to be kind of frozen in. 

Welcome to all newbies, and be sure that no matter how slow you are, I'm slower  Just come on in, pull up a chair and tell us about yourselves!

Had a nice 29 km cycle in the dunes this arvo, not a place I go too often. There was even a HILL (comparatively, of course). Felt a bit better when I saw other people also puffing to get up it  Sometime I might cycle up that way and then have a little chugette on the dune paths...

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 18:51
Pippi LS wrote (see)
DL wrote (see)
It's probably out somewhere using m.eldy's debit card

Entering you in races!

I wondered who was spending it all .... I hope she enjoys the M de S  

Me and Murph have been out for a wander and I have paid & ordered for everything I think I might need in the next week or so, I brought catfood & mealworms

40 miles on the bike .. not bad for a midweek sess!

28/02/2013 at 18:51

DL, I always get early times for parents eve, get it done before it turns into a bun fight

Chuggs, he's just settled into it much better than I thought he would.

28/02/2013 at 19:53
Gentle Chugger wrote (see)
Cheesie, you reaaly better watch what you say. No matter how mild she sounds, Meldy IS lurking!! You have been warned!! 

/hides in the corner and zips gob just in case ..

I do have a habit at the moment of getting into trouble but still, I have the BH mara, bedgebury 10 and a couple of other ones planned so far, and of course maybe WAISTerfest too, so does that get me off the hook?

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 19:53

I have just ordered Frontline .... I swear he knows  

28/02/2013 at 19:58

They do, when ever I just open the little foil pack, all 3 just vanish! I have to make sure all doors etc are shut.... I use Advocate, found it better than the other ones, but also cheaper.

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 20:05

I cant rustle any packaging in the kitchen .. he sits in the hall with his eyes closed

Sensible beast my cat 

28/02/2013 at 20:11

Bit like when I rattle the biscuit barrel, they all appear ready and hungry. and if I dont remember their supper, they agrivate each other and us until we give in. hence the shoe lace picture last week sometime! Gota love em ,,,=^..^=,,,

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 20:16

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/klaggers.jpg?width=350

Who couldnt love a squidgy little ball of fluff 

28/02/2013 at 20:31

Cute mine are asleep (yep, asleep ...) so cant take pics, maybe later !

28/02/2013 at 20:34
Ahh bless!
28/02/2013 at 20:44

Meldy - stop telling porkies to Cheesy

The GPO has never been a cute bundle of fluff whatever the pictures may say.....he is known to the police and is a killer!!

And also - catfood and frontline I can see.......but mealworms???????

Spence - good news on parents' evening - now we just need to know if Yums also survived.......

I am gobsmacked as Mr P has taken me out for a pub supper tonight  Got home from work around 6pm and really fancied a decent steak. I rarely eat meat and can't cook for toffee anyway so we nipped up to local pub where I had a lovely scrummy sizzler steak

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 20:49

Ahhhh yes ... mealworms

The GPO has a huge television screen in the dining room, kind of see through with a permanent garden showing 

I figure if he is watching the birdies through the window (and talking to them) then he is not outside murdering them.   I like watching the birds too but for different reasons!!!

28/02/2013 at 20:50

Our squidgy ball of fluff left some sick behind the settee - I noticed it as I was leaving for work - so I left a note for Mr P so he could sort it out once he woke up after his night shift!

Chuggs, your basketball video has brought a tear to my eye! and me so cynical!

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 20:52

I bet that went down well Pippi   

28/02/2013 at 21:11

Wow, Pippi, you have Mr P well trained. Respect! In this house Mr C instantly averts his eyes from any animal sick and informs me immediately.... 

CheesyRider - Born to be Mild wrote (see)
I do have a habit at the moment of getting into trouble but still, I have the BH mara, bedgebury 10 and a couple of other ones planned so far, and of course maybe WAISTerfest too, so does that get me off the hook?

Not a prayer, Cheesie. You're playing right into her hands. We've seen it all happen before,,, 

Podds, how very satisfactory that after such a carp day Mr P took you out for that steak! There are times when that kind of thing is worth its weight....

That's really nice to hear, Spence. It's great when you see them really settling in and hitting their stride. Of course, as we know it's all down to having a good mother!!  

Melds, 40 miles is good going midweek, end week or any time! 

And as for that 'sweet little ball of fluff'.....who are you trying to kid? Podds has it dead right, that beast is a dangerous killer whose fluffiness serves only to deceive the unwary into a dropping their guard! 

Actually, they DO say that pets bear an uncanny resemblance to their owners, don't they? 

28/02/2013 at 21:20

Sharp claws and teeth, waiting to pounce?

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 21:23

Bless him 

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/88814/gallery/2012.jpg?width=350

28/02/2013 at 21:28

Poor cat, attacked by a pidgeon while trying to eat!

Mine are starting to wake as it must be near supper time as the telly is off and im moving!

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 21:36

Yeah, thats what he'd have you believe!!   You can tell its put him off his breakfast 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.