working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,601 to 215,620 of 233,741 messages
21/02/2013 at 01:44
Ooh no - I'll give the triathlon a miss!!! Far too scary!!

No I'd not have a foam roller - and wouldn't know what to do with it if I did!! I am bad at stretching though and often forget as I'm not in the habit but need to change that one!

Going on a short easy run tomorrow whether legs feel like it or not - want to get out running in the countryside in the sunshine!!

Thunder and lightning sounds amazing - never heard of it and am from North Devon originally!! DD in Exeter so will ask her to investigate - and find a good source of clotted cream!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/02/2013 at 07:59

morning

where is everyone?

enjoy your run Dawnieeee, but take it easy, listen to your body. Stretching is a must if you want to stay in the running game for any length of time, once you make a habit of it, you will see the benefit and your body will thank you by making your running more enjoyable 

Daffs, you have time to train for that there half mara , good on you for finding that group.

Today is my Friday , and I don't have to be back in work until Tuesday! I've been so busy that I've not taken my annual leaves so have some catch up to do. This means a 4 day week for the next month, then a week off, which coincides with the Easter weekend. I'm beginning to appreciate the slower leisurely approach to life 

Having said that, I have a full day today to make sure all is done before my long weekend, so I'd better get on with it!

21/02/2013 at 08:00

Morning.I am provisionally booking waterways for friday and saturday. I will need breakfast, are you all  booking for breakfast at hotel??

M...eldy    pirate
21/02/2013 at 08:11

Good moaning all

Amanda, I wouldnt worry about booking brekkie at this stage as you can probably add it in later once we know what we are doing?

Daffs, that sounds right up your alley!! and well done on the time trial as well !

There were some right noisey oiks outside in the road last night, I was trying to get to sleep FFS. I'll be glad when half term is over

21/02/2013 at 08:36

OK hotel booked on a cancellable room. Now suppose I should look at the races. Anyone got the link again please

M...eldy    pirate
21/02/2013 at 08:46

I think it was Stratford Raceway or something like that ... I am sure Spence will be about in a moment to let you know !!

21/02/2013 at 08:52

Morning all, Well the waterside will be full of WAisters friday / Saturday so should be fun. Now the races ??? are on Saturday and are about 5 miles south of the waterside so may be arrangements could be made for shared transport down to the airfield depending on numbers ? Anyway plenty of time for that later.
Not running again today as bad night with the back so will try hard floor for a while and some self physio and see if I can shift it for at least a chance of a good walk.

Coffee on as Noggy not here to make it

21/02/2013 at 08:56

Ok will have a look. Also I dont have anyones mobile number. Should we get a private message list of them or something?

21/02/2013 at 09:18

Morning

Westie's being a norty boy over on FB !!

Hurrah another racing WASITer, well done Amanadx

Ye Olde Dragon wrote (see)

Daffs, you have time to train for that there half mara ,

Happy Friday Dragon

I'm going for a run, once my porridge has gone down.

I might do 3 or I might do Saturdays 6 that you're suppose to race (says a 10k race really)  J did it yesterday and did 59:37  Don't think I shall match that

21/02/2013 at 09:21

Here you go Amandax, tis the only link you need....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=72184&ms=

Welcome

DL, it's for you too

21/02/2013 at 09:55

Oh thanks so much Spence! 

Can you feel the gratitude??

M...eldy    pirate
21/02/2013 at 10:05

Kind of ... I am sure DL will be over the proverbial

21/02/2013 at 11:11

I'm overwhelmed Amandax

6 miles done in 59:29  to say I'm pleased is an understatement

21/02/2013 at 12:16
excellent work spence!

dragon, i may have the time to train for a half but i certainly don't have the inclination i've never managed a half in less than 3 hours (and i've done 3 now so plenty of opportunity to train!) i'll be on the sidelines and will decide nearer the time re the 5k

tea??
21/02/2013 at 12:59

Yes please Daffs

what a brilliant club you've found

21/02/2013 at 13:24

AND another 3lb off this week.

I'm still reading the PM book, but its at a bit where you do "happy place exercises" (think of yourself as a slimmer version of yourself and step into that vision) its not really my thing and I cant "vision" things.  But am still using his Rules to control my eating.  I do generally eat healthy, but a LOT of food, and this has helped. 

Another 3lb and I've broke through the stone barrier   

21/02/2013 at 13:40
Snaily, that is fantastic
You'll storm that half !!
21/02/2013 at 15:07

Afternoon,

Well done Snaily, that is great weight loss and it sounds like a sensible plan that you can take with you through life.

Westie being norty? Surely not!

T+L is oresum but I have not had it for years. Clotted cream is easily available here but, obviously, it is not the kind of thing that I eat every day.

We have booked brekkie for Stratty, there is no way MS is going anywhere without a good breakfast inside him. We will prolly not go along to hurl insults at the runners, will have a leisurely morning instead.

Have taken SM out for coffee this morning and done a couple of errands too. She had a 'funny turn' at the weekend but seems to be back to 'normal' now.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
21/02/2013 at 17:25

Evening team .. I am home and I am in my pj's and its not even dark OR bedtime yet 

21/02/2013 at 17:31
Sluggie!!!? I'm gobsmacked, not coming to Pom Pom !!?
Doesn't start till 11 so expect to see you on the finish line!!!

I've realised my mum would have been 80 tomorrow. She died at 48. Don't normally think of the numbers but that's made me a bit sad. It's 3 days before the boys birthday. There would have been a party
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.