215,601 to 215,620 of 242,729 messages
M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 08:06

Whats on the cards today then Spence?

03/03/2013 at 08:26

Morning All

(((Pippi and family)))

I am suffering from CBA again....I tell you I over trained last week

Didn't go yesterday, nor today (although in fairness can't shower until British Gas have been and have a sweet smelling commitment at 1030 so some excuse!) and won't make tomorrow due to work........

Oh well - rest and recovery are important parts of any training schedule!!

M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 08:51

Podds, I meant to say, yes I have paid for the RideLondon thingy, I did that before I cancelled my card along with ordering contact lenses and frontline 

I am looking forwards to spring next week.  Another long bike planned for Sunday I think, Podds are you coming up to MK just for the day next weekend?

03/03/2013 at 09:05
Meldy, they went to the cinema yesterday so hopefully will be gone by 11
They see now watching a video after a couple hours of 'sleeping bag wars!'

Looks like another beautiful day here!

I have ironing to do....once I get out of bed!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/03/2013 at 12:42

Afternoon

I best wishes to Pippi and her family

I have another bit of bling to hang up with the rest (they are all hanging off the door knobs of my wardrobe), and a nice shiny PB to go with it.

I ran/walked 5:1 all the way and finished in 2:22:55, just over 5 minutes faster than the last HM I did. (BTW, that one (Cardiff) was featured on Casualty last night, I had no idea at the time that I had the potential to be a TV star as well!)

It was bliddy freezing out there and the wind on the exposed coast areas was biting. I really felt for the Marshalls who were there!

03/03/2013 at 12:53
Wooooo hoooooo well done that Dragon!

I'd like these boys to go home now!!!!
M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 12:56

Well done Dragon!    It is flippin cold at the moment but I am assured Spring is booked for the end of the week 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
03/03/2013 at 13:09

There was a Pirate at this race M.eldy - dunno who he was, but he was at 8 miles while I was at 5 (it's an out and back). Any idea?

M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 14:03

There are a few out that way Dragon, poss 'brokebuttrying', he lives Serens way which is not too far from you?

Edited: 03/03/2013 at 14:04
03/03/2013 at 15:16

Afternoon

good running Dragon lady

I have been marshalling and I is "frozed" now............

Time to get the HWB filled and then settle down to watch the athletics I think

M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 15:19

Damn.  Forgot about the atherletics ... not that i'll be at home in time to see them !

03/03/2013 at 15:52
well run spence, and marshalled podds, and excellent pb dragon!

i'm in first class on the train although this is weekend first class not proper first class - so no first class lounge, had to fetch my own tea, no free biscuits, no proper milk, and the couple opposite are eating haribo, reading nuts magazine and seem to having some kind of burping competition...
03/03/2013 at 15:58

Thanks for the good wishes. We found out a bit more - he was hit by a lorry as he was walking home. What a stupid waste. The family are in the Midlands, and there are lots of supportive messages between them on FB (the modern world, eh?) lots of happy memories and posting photos of the good times they had.

Meanwhile, on a happier note ...

I went out very early (for me!) for my long run - 11 miles on the dot! That's quite a lot on top of my 13+ miles walking yesterday, but it felt good although I had leaden legs for the homeward bit! Cold and misty when I first went out, hardly anyone around, but by the time I started for home, the sun was breaking through, the sands had turned from grey to gold ... a different day altogether.

M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:33

11 miles is good Pippi, probably just what you needed today

You are right, it is such a waste of a life

03/03/2013 at 16:41

Oh Pippi how tragic

Well done on the 11 miles

-coughStrattycough-

03/03/2013 at 17:35

If I can leave it till later, I'd think about it (there is a Wirral half planned instead of the Liverpool Marathon - October?), but a half means I have to train quite seriously and I don't always want to have to make myself go out! 10K is a lot safer (and shorter).

03/03/2013 at 18:38
(((Pippi)))thinking of you and family

Well I did my 10k at tri show, Sandown park race course. Got there fine. Registered then realised it was probably going to be a race full of real fit fast triathletes then me. Slight panic.

Set off , out into car park , back past all the stables which was nice then out along road which runs alongside track. Nice gentle downhill for a few km but unfortunately then had to turn round and go back uphill. It was a struggle. Walked a bit . 2 lap course so had to do bliddy hill again. Finished not quite last in around 1.04 and bit. Nearer 1.05 prob but waiting results.

Got changed after and wandered round show. Few freebies, one top and pair if gloves purchased and then stopped at harvester on way home. Think I prob ate all calories I ran off and more on free energy bar samples in show.

Now home, bathed and in pjs
M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 18:42

Well done Amanda! 

Nice to come home with some goodies as well!

I am home but it wont be long before I go to bed, another early shift tomorrow

03/03/2013 at 18:51

a quick hello from the Tirol.  last day on the planks tomorrow. boo hoo.

hope everyone is ok.

a mighty read back is on the cards.

M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2013 at 19:05

Dont bring any of the wet n white stuff back with you thanks Noggs ... we have had quite enough !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.