working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,601 to 215,620 of 238,686 messages
28/02/2013 at 21:45

thats more like it!

HC hasnt managed to catch a bird yet, but we've had a view baby mice, he doesnt kill them though, just paws and pounces on them!  I'm not sure what is worse, defleeing or the worming tablet, I have a few scars from both!

Maybe I should have sent the mojo recorded delivery???

I've had a mega busy couple of days, which has resulted of me taking on another department  Still manage the first department, but as we've halved our target times its ticking over nicely, now there is another that needs my attention.  Should be fun and a completely new challenge for me

28/02/2013 at 21:52
Good grief!!
Poor Hamish can't be arsed with that kinda stuff anymore!!
M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 21:54

He has enough problems remembering what he has walked into the room for  

Luckily I noticed on the Tri Show website that it actually doesnt open until 1230 tomorrow, so leaving at 9 might have been a bit early!
It will be a whistle stop tour and back home by 4

28/02/2013 at 21:57

Yuk - that's gross meldy!

Now I know why I prefer dogs!!  Mind you the DG is getting worryingly close to catching the crows on the beach..........they're obviously not used to fast ones and tease all the dogs, the DG however is no more than a couple of feet behind currently and I fear it is only a matter of time until he gets one...........

M...eldy    pirate
28/02/2013 at 22:01

How to confuse a Pikey cat .... breakfast or pigeon?

Right, nighties here 

28/02/2013 at 22:18

Harry has settled in for the night!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/450041/gallery/harry4.jpg?width=350

28/02/2013 at 22:27

Harry has now stretched out even further, his back paws are on MrS feet and his front paws are on his belly.  Not sure how MrS is going to sleep! 

01/03/2013 at 07:28

Morning!

Have a good day Meldy

and the rest of ya

(((((WIN)))))

01/03/2013 at 08:31
Meldy let me know what tri show us like. Am taking youngest and a friend there on Sunday. I'm running their 10k race do hoping weather improves.

Went to see FIL yesterday and was quite upsetting as he was very lucid but just wants to die.

Off for a catch up with friend today and night shift later.
House is like a tip but can't get motivated to sort it.
Roll on spring!
01/03/2013 at 10:24

(((((((((((((Amandax and family))))))))))))))

That's really hard for everyone, Amandax. Sometimes I wonder if we do people a favour by insisting that they have to stay alive just as long as possible, even if they are no longer enjoying it. Tough one. Good that you'll have such a nice day out on Sunday to get your mind into a different place!

Snaily, how pleasing that you are slowly but surely taking over the entire place )) But seriously, your experience must be a huge benefit to them, how great that they have the sense to use you more widely. As to Harry, I don't see the problem. Mr S is there to serve as his bed. How often do you worry about whether YOUR bed is comfortable? Exactly

Meldy, Podds is right. That is a GROSS breakfast picture, even for a cat!  

Although Podds, sounds like you may soon confront the mixed feelings of a pet owner whose beloved pal is a really good natural hunter  Wonder what the DG would do with a crow if he caught it? Bingo caught a rabbit once and I don't know which of them was more surprised. In the end they agreed it was all a regrettable misunderstanding and they went their separate ways 

And just look what I had in the garden this morning!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/165813/gallery/rsz_12013-03-01_091024_(1).jpg?width=350

01/03/2013 at 11:12

Morning WAISTers! It's a proper Friday today, right, not like yesterday which I just THOUGHT was Friday?

01/03/2013 at 11:25

I can confirm it is friday

Good morning Mr Fox

(((Amandax and family)))) tough for you to watch FIL in that situation. 

1 year ago today I said goodbye to my faithful friend and the best dog in the world.  Cant believe its been 12 months, but I know he is over the rainbow and will always remember the fun times we had. 

01/03/2013 at 12:00

Morning All

((snaily)) - amazing how time flies isn't it? It's 4 years ago this weekend (I suppose like for like, day for day it would be today) that we said goodbye to Guttie but it still seems like yesterday he was around 

Enjoy the tri show Melds - bring me back some tips 'n' stuff BTW have you coughed up for the London-Surrey Ride? Has to be done in the next few days or you lose your place

Yes Berry - today is proper Friday - it's been a loooooooooong week!

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Wonder what the DG would do with a crow if he caught it? Bingo caught a rabbit once and I don't know which of them was more surprised. In the end they agreed it was all a regrettable misunderstanding and they went their separate ways 

- love the idea of a regrettable misunderstanding  the DG however I suspect is made of sterner stuff - when he had the disagreement with next door's cat he wasn't going to let go even though it had its teeth and all 4 sets of claws sunk into his face and chest........It was a real stand off as neither could actually get away from t'other until I waded in and the ungrateful cat bit me and infected me in thanks for liberating it 

Nice Foxy - we have loads our way - noisy beggars sometimes but at the end of the day we concreted over their space!

01/03/2013 at 12:01

PS - has Yums been given detention after parents' evening do you think?

01/03/2013 at 12:24

Yums will enjoy the peace and quiet of a detention!

01/03/2013 at 12:32

Afternoon,

Happy St David's Day.

Good suggestion Podds - although surely no teacher would keep Yummity for long? Unless said teacher happened to be young, female and hot of course .

(((Snaily))) The first anniversary is always the worst, it does get a bit easier with time. I am glad to hear that work have recognised your talents and are making good use of them.

(((Podds))), I only said a bit easier!

(((Amandax and family))) How distressing for you all! My father's cousin is in a similar situation. She is in her mid 80's, almost housebound and visually impaired. Life is simply no fun for her any more.

LOL @ the photo of the GPO, he has obviously decided that the pigeon will keep for later. Alfie has brought in a couple of birdie eggs and some pigeon feathers but nothing else to date. His idea of 'hunting' is to hide somewhere until something wanders close enough for him to pounce. At the moment he is obsessed with 'catching' drips from the tap and while he is doing that I know that the local wildlife is safe.

Speaking of wildlife, I did warn our new neighbours that they have a fox den underneath their shed. Fortunately they are happy to coexist. Saw a lovely foxie in our garden the other morning - he was beating a hasty retreat with Alfie in full pursuit  .

It sounds as if several WAISTers have had tough weeks and are glad that Friday has finally arrived. MS shares that sentiment!

I have aquagymmed, Tesco'd and also been to LIDL for something SM wants. That's me done for the day .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

01/03/2013 at 14:18
(((( Amandax ))))

(((( Snaily ))))

(((( Podds )))))

Still miss April, Inca and Ozzy

Poor Blue is having a nightmare with his ears. The other siblings I know of have allergy problems. The vet now wants to wash his ears out under GA. we clean them gently 3 or 4 times a week so I honestly don't think washing them out would help other than a short term fix. Swabs showed aggressive bacterial infection so I'm wondering whether antibiotics would be better. Jnr has taken him to the vets twice since we've been away. Allergy testing has also been mentioned, but he's already on Burns chicken and rice which is about as plain and simple as you can get! His sister is supposedly allergic to grass.

Lovely walk at Colt Creek yesterday, loads of birds - Blue Heron, Turkey Buzzards, huge snail shells, Egrets, and a big brown thing with a long beak! Another 100 lengths of small pool :0)

The locals are bracing themselves for a cold snap - 62 degrees tomorrow! Better get the thermals out!!

((((( waisters )))))
01/03/2013 at 14:27
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/tubsterr62/908bb293f8fdb621dd9b959a50434201_zps7d07d0c9.jpg

Big brown bird :0) think its a Limpkin. With breakfast - sorry Snaily!
01/03/2013 at 14:28
The GPO would have a field day out here!
01/03/2013 at 14:31

Tubs

My friend's English setter has nightmare ears and they've never been able to clean them out with anything as she was allergic to everything and they got redder and swelled up - this is on top of any infections

However..............Viktor the gorgeous vet gave her something new a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be working really well

I'll try and find out if you like what it is she has and what exactly Stella's problem was...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.