working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,621 to 215,640 of 239,130 messages
01/03/2013 at 14:39
oh amanda, how very sad hugs to you all xxx

i'm on the train to london for a weekend of well mannered frivolity with another bunch of people i met on the internet
01/03/2013 at 15:24
Frivolity :0) it's the new Friday :0)

Thanks Podds, if you could find out what it is tgat would be wonderful :0) Or just send Viktor over :0) Blue gets black gunk and shakes his head a lot poor boy :0( I wonder if its because his ears are quite big and heavy and it gets hot inside? We're able to clean them with dog ear cleaner stuff and I use make up remover pads which are less bulky than cotton wool.
01/03/2013 at 16:01

Something has just made me very

My office is on a main road, a tourist bus has just pulled up, sitting in traffic and they are all waving     (either they are happy or the building is on fire!!!)

01/03/2013 at 16:14

LOl Snaily, let's just hope they are happy tourist

ahh Amandax, that's very sad

01/03/2013 at 18:03
Gutten ahbend from Austria. No chance to read back. Hl and I are partying hard after week of trashing our knees on the slopes. We're warming up for waisterfest.

Hope all is well.
01/03/2013 at 18:11
Ok, so I've had to change my route a little due to relocating to my parents for a couple of nights!! So I've just completed 2 miles (with a bit of walking in places... I haven't quite mastered hills yet!!!) in 27 mins 28 minutes!!! I'm not sure if that's any good, but I'm pretty chuffed with it!!
01/03/2013 at 18:21

Everything is better than nothing JessicaLou (says she who is still at work and won't be running now this evening!!)

Tubs will do - have you tried cotton buds for Blue's ears? They are great for getting into the little folds they have although obviously you don't dig them right in. I shall talk to Stella's owner and see what I can find out for you but you can't have Viktor 

LOL Snaily - an unexpected smile is always nice - unless it's that peculiar smile which makes you worry you have your dinner down your front of your skirt tucked in your knickers!!

guten abend Noggy - wie gehts? (sp?)

Can I go home now please thank you?

It's 6.15pm on a Friday and I think it should be illegal to still be here (although the alternative was to come in for a couple of hours Sunday morning )

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 18:29

Evening all

I have returned!

Tri Show was good
Amanda leave plenty of time, it will be very busy if today is anything to go by and the high street outside moves slowly at the best of times
Not to many baragins to be had but managed to get some new goggles & paddles and a waist belt that I had been looking for
I wanted some new Tri shorts but most of the big names there 'didnt have the womens version in stock/with them' which quite frankly is not right .. women shop as well you know !!!

Made a spag bol which has done enough for tomorrows tea and 3 more for the freezer!

01/03/2013 at 18:38
JessicaLou wrote (see)
Ok, so I've had to change my route a little due to relocating to my parents for a couple of nights!! So I've just completed 2 miles (with a bit of walking in places... I haven't quite mastered hills yet!!!) in 27 mins 28 minutes!!! I'm not sure if that's any good, but I'm pretty chuffed with it!!

I do 2 miles in 29-30 minutes so that sounds pretty good to me!

01/03/2013 at 19:21
*waves to Nogs*

Is it bed time yet!?
01/03/2013 at 19:29
HappyCamper wrote (see)
JessicaLou wrote (see)

I do 2 miles in 29-30 minutes so that sounds pretty good to me!

Fantastic! Thank you!!

01/03/2013 at 19:54

JLou, sounds like your doing great, 2 miles more than me   

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 20:10

You'll never guess what arrived in the post this morning??

15 days after it was posted

Less than 12 hours after it was cancelled

01/03/2013 at 20:11

Friday's hit me ...

Spent ages doing number work, percentages, messed them up as I did numbers, then turned them into percentages, then realised percentages of my whole class were not percentages of the boys/ girls/free school meals/ethnic minorities (0 - that's easy!)/ looked after children (also 0 this year!)/ special needs/ special needs school action plus - I'm not kidding! this is why I don't have a display on my walls, and haven't printed out work for next week, and why I didn't go for that short run I really did mean to do when I got home!

grrrr

((((((Amandax)))))

Tshuss! to Nogs

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 20:16

I dont even understand the question Pippi  

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 21:25

The EFFING cat has eaten tomorrows dinner that was cooling on the side

I'm not surprised he's gone out!!!!  

01/03/2013 at 21:49
Sitting watching telly and next doors cat sticks his head round the door!
01/03/2013 at 22:19

Well, LSR tonight was 16 miles but bloody hell, 2 miles into it I realised that my legs were still knackered after wednesdays tempo and it was only going to get harder I decided that I would try and use it as training to keep my legs working despite them wanting to fold up and go elsewhere  leaving me crumple in a heap on the trail... by the time 10 came round I decided I must be either plain stupid or too knackered to care! Anyway, I completed it at the pace planned (verrrryyyyy slow) and now ache like sh*t.

I did get to eat my home made energy bars tho, very nice too! need to make more I thinks.

Meldy: happy cat until you get your hands on him! probably too fat to get in the cat flap now, so you'll calm down a bit before he returns! Look on the bright side, he'll probably bring you a nice mouse to say sorry

Snaily: we got used to other cats coming to say hello, but have a chip controlled cat flap now, so they dont get in. Just sit outside the back door in hope.

Jlou and Hcamper, nice going, keep at it steady and slow, things will improve, you will find it easier, even if it doesnt seem like it sometimes. just keep going

Adam is home tonight, so just come back from the pub after a few recovery beers, good to see him again Mind you he has asked if we can do a round bewl ride tommorow (18 miles cross country from home and back) but I had to explain that I am not sure if my legs will even be working tommorow, let alone go in circles on a bike for that long! watch this space

Edited: 01/03/2013 at 22:22
01/03/2013 at 22:32
Sorry Cheesy but I've now got this image in my head of a row of disgruntled cats all lobbing chips at your door!

I also have an image of the GPO, with spaghetti and sauce all around his mouth :0)

Thanks Podds :0)

Tubsterr's Friday Observation: Pygmy Rattlesnakes move bliddy fast! Fortunately in the opposite direction to the aforementioned Tubsterr!

Cheers Nogs :0) Mine's a brandy!!

(((( waisters ))))
01/03/2013 at 22:57

Eek Tubs

I've had an answer and emailed it to you to save you having to search back pages here when you get home

Alternatively Jnr may want to run it past the vet while you are still away.........although I thought Blue was supposed to be going into kennels.....???????????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.