working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,761 to 215,780 of 242,976 messages
09/03/2013 at 12:24

Morning strangers!

Grey and miserable here and when it's like that in a morning I find it hard to decide what to do and get going.  Consequently I am still sat here in my dressing gown snuggled up under a blanket with a warm tubby creature (no, not OH or FP Jnr, it's Evie dog). Thinking about it (if you take the dressing gown out of the equation) Evie could be thinking the same thing!

So how is everyone?  I see Noggy has painful parts and DL is latte-rly people watching.  Spence CBA but the amount she does she deserves a rest.  Chuggy has been catching up on gossip that doesn't involve her any longer (that's the best kind)

As for me in the longer term: I am doing a little cycle ride with some special needs people from the disability cycling club in April (Scarborough to Whitby and back), 1500m open water swim in June and am supporting a disabled man who is hoping to do the 500m swim and Jane Tomlinson 10k in July.  

I really need to get a training plan together for the running.  I can comfortably run on the flat for 30 minutes without a break but have only once pushed myself to 45 minutes with a couple of hill breaks.  Lazy mare!

09/03/2013 at 12:29
Shrewsbury??? Where's that one come from? I thought it was Stratty.

Tubbs - not lazy with all those plans - just conserving energy

I am now in the lingerie section at John Lewis in the chairs for bored husbands section. OH is looking for new scaffolding.
09/03/2013 at 12:31
Ahh that's brilliant FP

I've got permission to slap Far Far !!

*stands her next to DL*

Two with one fish!!
09/03/2013 at 12:34
Ooh that's posh scaffolding DL !!

Shrewsbury is June, I think, I must look...
Good training for Stratty
09/03/2013 at 12:57
'Pikey' our neighbour has decided to keep chickens!?
There are 5 of them in a dog cage on his drive, he on the other hand is out!!?

Dot has spotted them...
09/03/2013 at 12:58
One of them is a friggin cock!!
09/03/2013 at 13:13

Spence wrote (see)
One of them is a friggin cock!!

It is lovely to see you again FP! Those plans seem anything but lazy to me

(( Noggy )) A combination of hurty ribs and cough/sneezes is particularly unkind.

Wow Meldy, you is a real afferlete these days.

I am feeling particularly sorry for myself today. I have been feeling really nauseated for a couple of days and am now puking . The one blessing is that it hasn't affected the other end - yet. MS picked up a prescription for me so I am hoping that industrial-strength tablets will do the trick. I am such a wuss when it comes to puking!!

WAIST well xxxx

09/03/2013 at 14:02

Oh Sluggy, what's brought that on? Nora's virus?

When/where is the Ironperson this year Meldy?

Oooo... Spence, you could be getting up EARLY with a cock as a neighbour.  It will help with getting the training in before work/breakfast/daylight 

Oh and I forgot to mention that I seem to have volunteered to cycle halfway across Europe to see our German twintowners again next year. Do I never learn?

09/03/2013 at 14:29

Long run done in the light rain - not as bad as forecast and not too bad at all once I was out, although it got a bit cool at one point as I turned round into the wind and rain. Surprised how many dog walkers and bikes were out.

I went right along the embankment along the Irish Sea to Meols to find the toilets are locked. Times like this I feel like inviting some fat chief executive to come and run with me and then run back 4+ miles with a full bladder ... grrr ... There are bushes along this route if you go just a bit inland

I know have visions of DL's OH being a large, stern, well upholstered cross between Hattie Jaques and Peggy Mount (am I showing my age? - my TA didn't know 'Some mothers do 'ave em')

Edited: 09/03/2013 at 14:34
09/03/2013 at 14:55

Well done Pippi!  I still haven't ventured out although I am dressed and have been doing things.  Bear has been out in the field, Evie is still snuggled up trying to keep warm!

Talking of showing your age I was watching The Chase the other day and there was a question about Kylie songs and the guy said he didn't know the answer and had just guessed as it was before his time! 

Snowing here now 

Edited: 09/03/2013 at 14:58
09/03/2013 at 15:25

DL wrote (see)

Haven't run for over a month and other than a slight nagging feeling that I should I can't really say I'm missing it.

Know what you mean DL and I am very glad I'm not the only one who doesn't miss it one little bit if it doesn't happen for days or weeks on end   I am so glad we are normal

DL wrote (see)
Ooh my Blackberry doesn't do pound signs. If only OH was the same!

Ooh FP - liking the sound of your morning with Evie and loving the variety of stuff you've got planned for the "summer" - although I'd steer clear of Melds since if you put them altogether you know what you've got.......

(((((((Sluggy)))))))) from a distance - can't imagine upchucking helps your back either   Hope the pharmacist can give MS something for you to put a quick end to it

Edited: 09/03/2013 at 15:26
09/03/2013 at 15:33

Having spent an hour or two messing on the computer, I'm off to read about Crime and policing in ye olden daies ... Nogs?!

09/03/2013 at 16:14
((((Sluggie))))) hope you feel better soon!

Well run Pippi

I fear for these chickens
Foxy Loxley is going to be eating well if the state of the 'home' is anything to go by!!
M...eldy    pirate
09/03/2013 at 17:48

Tee hee Pippi!!! 

I have achieved vrey little today, I was awake early so only had about 4.5/5hrs sleep which is not conducive to doing much so I had a pleasant stroll up through the village and mooched in a few shops that I dont usually have time to do, am looking for a wedding anniversary present, 30 yrs which I believe is Pearl, my father and his current wife!!  I am a littl lacking in inspiration on this one

Sluggy that nasty, I dont think anyone would relish that ... either end, hope the drugs work soon

DL, I can remember the last time I brought new undies which probably means its time I did

Spence, you wont need an alarm clock any time soon then !!!

FP good volunteering for that again!  Ironperson is going to the sun in Lanzarote this year ... and the wind  

09/03/2013 at 18:35
Has DL been for a run yet !?

Has she!?

Has she!?

I'm off for a girlie meal at friends

I've made a pudding, fruit salad I'll be popular!!
09/03/2013 at 18:49
Evening. Quick pop in, off to run clubs award evening soon.
09/03/2013 at 23:28
I'm back! And I have a shiny improvement award and certificate! Well chuffed! Nice evening and interesting talk and slideshow from ex member who ran marathon de sables 5 years ago.

Now in bed and hoping for better nights sleep then of recent.
Night all
10/03/2013 at 00:41
Blimey, quiet night in the lounge!!?

Well done on the award Amandax

Lovely evening lots of chat and good food and I havent over eaten
Fruit salad all went
10/03/2013 at 04:15

Morning All

I am off to the joy that is MK shortly

Shake a leg you lot - if you get up now you can get your Sunday LSRs done before the family desire your presence

Happy Mothers' Day to the WAISTer mums

10/03/2013 at 06:34
6:20 Thank you Mr Cock! *angry face*

Thank you Podds. I have decided I'm not cooking today. I told Mr Spence and kids a few days ago they could do it and you should have seen the faces!!
It was then suggested we went to the chippy!!!! NO!
The point is !!!!! Grrrrrr
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.