working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,761 to 215,780 of 234,134 messages
25/02/2013 at 07:23

Morning

I appear to be a mother to two teenagers

In other news I've lost a total of 6lbs

Back to it today ! Still only 4 weeks 3 days till Easter

Damn Nogs isn't hear to read that, I'll have to repeat on his return!!

25/02/2013 at 10:00

Morning

dont worry spence we ALL know how many holidays you get

I'm a dedicated R2 listener, perhaps I've heard them but dont know them.  Oh and I googled Train and DL's past time showed up!

Flippin eck its blue monkeys out there, I've told MrS about the half marathon training, he laughed but said I could easily do it if I put my mind to it.  So there we have it, better start the 10k training first!  

25/02/2013 at 13:13

Where is everyone !!?

Well said Mr Snaily

25/02/2013 at 13:16

Oh!? That hasn't worked, it was a video

The wall is telling me I should be running 5 miles, but I got so cold at school and it's cold, damp and 'orrible out there so I haven't gone

25/02/2013 at 14:13

Afternoon WAISTers 

Pippi: Oh, I get it, Chedder - Cheesey = Chedder Cheesey 

Now if I said yes I am .... I did used to live up near there, does that count?

Thats almost as bad as my Chuffed to see Train joke (well, not a joke)

Spence: great on the 6lb  

Snaily: yes, you could do it. It may seem daunting, but the more you nibble away slowly, the less thats left to be daunted about 

Had to go to our office in sunny Eastbourne this morning, but back in normal place now.  Just seems to take up most of the time travelling, how people do it all the time every day I dont know! Would drive me insane!

Its really miserable fine drizzle rain, and cold. My least favourite combination. May treat myself to an extra days rest today, after all, I did run yesterday 

25/02/2013 at 14:20

That's why DL is insane Cheesy

M...eldy    pirate
25/02/2013 at 16:08
It's effin freezing
Roll on spring I say ????
25/02/2013 at 16:17

Too blinkin' right Meldy!

25/02/2013 at 16:27

Evening,

Great PB Daffs!

Well done Roni. I am a but upset a bit called 'scary' - I was aiming for terrifying  

Hello and welcome Catherine.

Snaily - if Daffy can do a mara, then you can certainly do a half (no disrespect meant, Daffy).

Great weight loss Spence.

We had a great time yesterday . The crumblies were put on a dais well out of camera-shot but we had a pretty good view - and we were fed doughnuts in the break between the main and results show. We stayed at an Ibis hotel that was just over the road from the studios, so that was really convenient. MS drove both ways that I could fill up with pain-killers and lie flat in the passenger seat but I know I will still take a few days to recover. Never mind, 'pacing' has to go out of the window sometimes!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

25/02/2013 at 16:52

I watched DancyFallOver show last night, didnt spot you though sluggy

its gone dark here too, totally miserable day, and bliddy freezing.  Going home to eat the Lobby that has been cooking in the slow cooker all day.  Yum

25/02/2013 at 17:58

All I can think of is 'lobster' but surely you don't slow=cook those, do you? 

Well put, Melds, Cold, dark and 'orrible here too. Ross and I went for 5 mile walk but it wasn't much fun. 

Sluggie, sounds like a fab evening but what a shame you pay for it so heavily afterwards ( Is there ANY more news on that new pain control technique you were supposed to be approved for??

Cheesie, you aren't the only one driven insane by business travel. Just look at DL, who, if she could collect train miles like airmiles, would be able to take all of us for a round the world tour by now! What sort of job do you do, Cheesie?

And speaking of DL, sounds like a nice dose of kulchur there in London  

Oh, and tell Rona a big Well Done! When the weather is this carp, all miles count double 

Nicely slimmed, Spence! You're going to be a shadow of your former self by the time you get to Stratty if you keep on like this!

Waaayhaaay, Daffers, that's a stonking PB!!! You should be well chuffed with that!

Tough week for poor old C2: last week he had an interview for a traineeship he needs to do to finish his masters, but there was one place, four people, and the others had more experience than him. Then today he had  his driving theory exam, which in this country is pretty tough. He'd studied like mad, done all the practice tests---then found the real test included all kinds of stuff that wasn't in the material he'd been given to study. Grrr! So he's been gutted twice in a week. But he's bounced back really well, applied for some other places and downloaded more driving theory stuff from the web. I'm proud of him. 

25/02/2013 at 17:59

Sorry, lost the first line of that post....I was just wondering what on earth Snaily was planning to eat tonight! 

25/02/2013 at 19:13

It's Stoke Scouse! (took a couple of Googles ...)

25/02/2013 at 19:41
25/02/2013 at 19:48

Gosh, never came across that one before! (Well, being a veggie I prolly wouldn't ) But it sounds like a classic feel-good cold-weather dish that would be perfect in a slow cooker, so enjoy, Snaily! 

25/02/2013 at 19:54

yep it was the best one I've made, MrS has eaten loooooooooooooads of it!

oh shame for C2 he will find something he just has to keep going.

25/02/2013 at 21:26

jeez its blue out there, only walked to the post box and I have brain freeze

25/02/2013 at 21:42

Well, Ive gone and done it now ....

25/02/2013 at 21:43
I haven't got warm all day!
25/02/2013 at 22:49

What have you done Cheesy.........? **

.** disclaimer - if it's illegal don't tell Meldy

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.