working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

215,761 to 215,780 of 237,910 messages
06/03/2013 at 21:16
"They!?" How many you got Yums!!?

Yes, I think you're right he has indeed been extremely lucky!
06/03/2013 at 21:40

deep breath yums, you know its for the best.  The woman of you dreams is just round the corner. 

early night for me, my running stuff is ready for the morning and the clock is set.  So the prep is done I just have to get my ass out of bed!!!

06/03/2013 at 22:13

I'm not sure who Yums' "they" are either???

(((J's hubbie)))

I get to play with the dressing up box tomorrow!!! It's world book day!!!! But I have a doctor's appointment straight after so I will have to do a quick change... despite Pippette daring me to go in full costume dressed as the Queen of Hearts - means I have to take in 6 boxes of jam tarts ...

06/03/2013 at 22:33
I've just found a present on my pillow
06/03/2013 at 22:37

correction, 5 jam tarts, Pippi.... *wipes crumbs from her mouth* I'm with Pippette - go to Docs as the Queen of hearts - that should get you a couple of weeks signed off as delightfully bonkers

They = she - a sign of me poor edjecation

Deed done - dont you just hate it when they are upset but nice about it Oh well, back to  me, the boys, Mrs D and cake

06/03/2013 at 22:49
Yes Pippi stop being a big girl and go to the Docs dressed up
07/03/2013 at 07:16

morning

what was the present on your pillow, Spence ? In my house it wouldn't be a good thing!

WAIST well

07/03/2013 at 07:29

Morning

15 years.

One of us deserves a medal.

Yums, it was a bracelet, I find if I e-mail Mr Spence with a link he'll buy stuff!!

I've given up hoping for surprises!!

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/03/2013 at 07:55

morning 

07/03/2013 at 08:48
Morning all
~~~~J's husband~~~~~ hope there's better news today
(((Yums)))) you're obviously just too fussy! don't you remeber the words of the wise prophet Meatloaf?
Settling can't be that bad - though look what Mr Spence has to put up with! 1d years of that _ the mind boggles

I am on a train. I have been since 6.25 I will be for some time more. Yesterday I was in a car for a long time. However yesterday was worth it. We had a surprisingly positive outcome.

Onwards and upwards, as opposed to Noggy who has been downwards and zig zaggy for the past week. Happy Thursday.
07/03/2013 at 09:04

morning 

congratulations on the 15 years, hope MrSpence can cope with another 15   (and perhaps you'll get a matching necklace!)

Its been great driving into work this morning seeing all the kids dressed up, though I didnt see many teachers!

So what's everyone fave book?   I love "The Twits"   Though my teenage years I read some highschool mush books, but it was just a faze 

Happy train day DL

And today I have plodded, 4k in 30mins, didnt want to go it was foggy and grey outside, HC started to attack me so got up anyway and went.  Once out it was surprisingly lovely.

Right loads to do, first email of the day is a ranting email, oh the joys

07/03/2013 at 09:48

Morning each,

I've still not read back

Well, Austria was wonderful, as ever.  We skied ourselves to a standstill.  The weather was cold and snowy at the start but for the last few days the sun shone and it got warm.

Soll has a lift pass tracking system so you can see your efforts online.  On my hardest day I skied 25 miles.  It was made harder by having low visibility and the pistes being very long and steep.

We skied in Kitzbuhel on a beautiful day and ended up doing part of the famous Hannenkahm downhill course.  HL ended up on a very black mogul field and is now undergoing therapy.

I got T boned by a mad German skier and damaged my ribs by falling on a tube of sun cream and lippy that were in my pocket.  Hard to imagine that two soft tubes of cream could pop a rib.

We stayed at a small B an B which we've been to a few times.  the family are lovely and really look after us.  Our group has got smaller due to the economy around the world but those of us who travelled had a great time.

There was a big giant slalom race last Friday.  Visitors, locals and proper racers can take part.  One of our gang was the fastest visitor, a German police woman who always skis with us was classed as a local and came second in her group.

There were several Austrian racers, including an Olympic medal winner (he crashed out!)

That's enough from me

07/03/2013 at 10:22

RANT ALERT

I am so feckin ANGRY

the complaint has turned into a row, the manager is so unprofessional, she has sent an arsy email to one of my staff members, then tried to ring her to have a go.  I soon put a stop to that. 

I hardly ever make complaints about managers, but this time I'm raising this with her manager, This woman is a senior manager and she thinks she can abuse a poor administrator who is on half her salary.  NO EFFIN WAY

and breathe

07/03/2013 at 10:44

GOOD FOR YOU, SNAILY!!!! You do occasionally come across a manager who thinks they can take out their frustrations on the lower-paid. Totally, totally out of line. Thank dog you're there to defend the poor administrator!!!

(((((((((((((J's husband)))))))))))))))

Really hope he's on the mend soon. It's very shocking when he's so young. And congrats on 15 years---and on finding a way to get Mr S to get you the prezzies you'd really like! After 31 years Mr C still hasn't really got the idea.. 

(((((((((((((((((((Yummy))))))))))))))))))))))

That's a really hard thing to do, but it was kind not to let things drift. Clearly wasn't the right thing for you. And not being taken up with the wrong person means you're a lot likelier to recognise the right one when she appears. 

Daffs, 'musical things' does sound better than office work. Were you fluting?

((((((((((((Sluggie))))))))))))

Hope today looks a bit more cheerful. It's the fag end of winter and everyone's spirits are a bit down. Especially with the weather. Headline here is 'winter returns this weekend' and last night even the weather forecaster started his forecast with the words 'I'm really sorry, but it's my professional responsibility to tell you this'!!! 

Nogs, you obviously had a fab time! What about posting some photos? And excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'black mogul field'?? Sounds terrifying, poor HL!!

Melds, you are really going to storm IM this year!! Hats off to you, madam. But hope you get out with Murph too 

Cheesie, don't worry, we all pop in as and when we can and we're always glad to see you!

Pippi, I now have a wonderful picture of you swanning into surgery dressed as the Queen of Hearts. Do it, do it, it would cheer everyone up so much! 

DL, you make the Flying Dutchman look like an inveterate home body! But at least the ofsted results show that your work is appreciated. 

Thanks for the vibes for C1. Her tests were good, bloods fine, and the shadows in her stomach on the x ray haven't changed so hopefully nothing going on there. But the shadows are still there so on 11 April she has the camera down the tum stuff so they can see if there are more ulcers or not. Hopefully not. 

C2 still trying to get work experience that's required to finish his degree. When he got the rejection from the last place he applied they had had 120 (one hundred and twenty) applicants!!! We are now desperately trying to think if we know any psychologists who might know where else he can apply.....tough time for the young ones starting out. 

4.5 k yesterday, decided to just go very slowly and quietly try to increase distance for a few months. Still nice weather for one more day, so I'm off to do some errands on the bike. 

07/03/2013 at 10:57

Mordig

Still stuffed full of head cold and sinus gunk but have decided that I might survive after all 

My star seems to be in the ascendancy at work so I'm keeping my head down and hoping it'll continue  They are looking at revising my role in the next year or so and if I can wangle more dosh out of them that'll be all to the good  However cash is in very short supply

(((Yums))) tough but the right decision

~~~J's husband~~~~~

Happy Anniv Spence 

Welcome back Noggs - I take it conditions were good then?  Why don't we ever get to see any photos of you in action?  Now go and do your penance by reading back 

Well inspected DL - clearly all down to your influence and presence

Backs away very slowly and carefully from an about to explode Snaily.......

Lo Sluggie I do agree with whoever said it was the hint of spring earlier this week which has now led to "bleugh" again - it's gone grey again here too but one good thing about this head cold thingy is that I seem to be running a bit of a temp as I''ve been warm for the first time in weeks 

Glad C1's results are positive and vibes for C2

And finally another vote here for Queen of Hearts Pippi to go to the docs in full regalia - just think how much it will cheer up the other patients

07/03/2013 at 15:56

tried to post earlier and couldn't

well run Snaily and Chuggs

Hope you got things sorted Snaily!

M...eldy    pirate
07/03/2013 at 16:56

3.8k swum

07/03/2013 at 17:08
Well done Melds

I'm off to the ' Options Fair'
Great!!
07/03/2013 at 17:13

Afternoon,

Glad that you are feeling a bit better Podds. Fingers crossed for more money! I was actually rather hot and bothered yesterday, had to take off the lovely snuggly jumper I was wearing and put on something a bit cooler .

(((Yummity))) Well done for getting the deed over and done with.

Welcome home Noggy, but sorry to hear about the hurty ribs

Gwan Pippi, I dare you! I once went to the local eye casualty in full 17th century regalia, that got a few tongues wagging

Snaily, you go get em girl!

~~((C1))~~ glad to hear that things were not worse. MS has had one gastroscopy and several bronchoscopies without sedation, he says they really are no too bad. At one of the bronchs MS and I were both allowed to look down the teaching tube to inspect his innards - great stuff! (((C2))), here's hoping he gets a placement soon.

Congratulations to the Spences for getting the first 15 years served.

Well offsteaded DL.

Blimey Meldy, that is a schedule and a half!

We had an excited phone call from SB yesterday. The company he is currently interning with have just landed a new account - using the idea and strapline that SB and B devised. We have our fingers firmly crossed that the company will now give them a permanent job - WAISTer vibes appreciated please!

It is still grey and wet here, the rivers are very high on the banks. Thursday man and I were just finishing our drinks when he had a call from a care client (he is a self-employed accountant and a part-time carer). The district nurses had just been in to one of his old ladies - and gone out, leaving her zimmer frame on the other side of the room! So we drank up quickly and Thursday man dropped me home before going to the rescue. Just hoping that the old dear didn't urgently need to loo before TM got there.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

07/03/2013 at 17:34

what a bloody day

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.