working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,081 to 216,100 of 243,491 messages
20/03/2013 at 20:39

Awwww, bless Mummy's little ginger boy . Alfie hasn't shown any signs of scrapping as yet, but then he does spend much of his day on Mummy's lap.

Great cycling Noggy, but I am sorry that you are still not fully recovered from the virus. I wonder if you are prone to things hanging on as a legacy of the ME/CFS?

20/03/2013 at 20:54
Hi Di Hi
Well biked Nogs
Well run Meldy

Parents eve at school so had to go back from 4-8!

Daught is at an Olly Murs concert!
M...eldy    pirate
20/03/2013 at 21:12

Sluggy it amazes me that he can pop out for  a pee once a day and still manage to get in a fight!!!

Wheres Chuggs & Yums ????  Are they on holiday? 

20/03/2013 at 21:29

evening

Why is RW still broken, I have trouble getting on at work and the screen still has tiny writing

we've started calling Harry and the BFG "naughty teenagers" they are friends one minute and falling out the next!!!  We've also accepted that the BFG is using our house as a B&B.  It must be strange for the owners who live opp us.  They look into our kitchen and their cat is sitting in our window!!!

Cross training didnt happen, unless you count an 11hr day dealing with oiks part of the plan.  Had a late tea and now I'm shattered.  Builders coming tomorrow after work so its a 6am podding call from me if anyone cares to join me!

Perhaps yums and chuggy got packed away in DL's suitcase????

hope parents evening wasnt too painful Spence!  hows your friend doing?

Nitol

20/03/2013 at 21:35

Not much marking/assessing/planning going on here ... but I have booked a cross-channel ferry for August, and entered a 10K in May ... and entered Pippette in it too! (she agreed )

20/03/2013 at 21:38
Snaily, was ok I'm in the classroom showing parents the work

Friend is home, looked dreadful ( more than normal) she's a heart attack waiting to happen!!
20/03/2013 at 21:39

very productive then pippi!

20/03/2013 at 21:49

oh you are on the other side this time!!! 

jeez Spence she sounds a bit of a train wreck.  has it given her a wake up call or is it back to "normal"

20/03/2013 at 21:57

One for the Waisters

20/03/2013 at 21:58
20/03/2013 at 21:59
Yep "other side!"

A train wreck Snaily
Before she had children she broke her neck in Greece slipping in a shower, now perhaps if I did the same my neck would break but I doubt it she snaps like a twig! Dot nearly knocked her over this afternoon.
Yesterday I really thought I'd be breaking the news of her death to her girls.
20/03/2013 at 22:07

such a shame, especially hard on the family knowing they cant do anything, watching someone like that must be heartbreaking.  I would totally freak out about it.

20/03/2013 at 22:08

oi westie, I tried to get the zombie run on an app and it didnt work.  Any ideas???

Thought it would make my run a bit interesting!!!!

20/03/2013 at 22:36

Snaily I have a Samsung galaxy ace 2 and just downloaded it from play store applications on the phone . daughter did same on another phone and told me.

20/03/2013 at 22:47

ok night all lets hope for a full nights sleep for a change

20/03/2013 at 22:53
I'm still waiting for daught ! *yawn*
21/03/2013 at 06:57

Morning each,

A day creating beauty here in Oxon lies ahead for me. 

I,m off for a  large coffee

21/03/2013 at 07:26

Morning

Daught came in at midnight!  sign of things to come!

21/03/2013 at 08:15

Morning all, now on second large coffee. Hope daughters not taking after you then Spence .
Now today is "SNOW AGAIN" so what to do may have to dig car out and get to the main road as fridge is empty.

21/03/2013 at 08:56

Morning all. Apologies for being AWOL, just frantically busy. Trying to get C2's flat set up, so putting together Ikea stuff, rummaging to find stuff here (towels, mugs etc) that he can take and use there, trips to shops to get things like cheap glasses and plates; etc etc. At same time, our rental flat (had it for years) has needed attention: last tenant left earlier than expected, got another one quite quickly, he signed lease and was about to move in when heard he didn't get the job he expected. He is still bound but obviously in everyone's interest to find a new tenant, which we have done but he wants some of the older furniture changing (he's prolly right), and he wants to move in tomorrow, so frantic trip to Ikea Tuesday, more carrying and putting together. All good stuff, but means our minds and bodies are all over the place. 

No running, but lots of cycling. Got in nearly 20 km yesterday going out to flat to wait for Ikea delivery. 

Have read back but picked up only highlights, sorry!

((((((((((((((((((Spence's friend)))))))))))))))))

That's tragic, and must be so hard for you all. This seems to be one of the most difficult conditions to treat. One of my friends has an anorexic daughter who is a constant worry. Hope things stabilise for her quickly

Welcome back, Tubs! Fab photos. Had to look on a map to see where you'd been. I thought Florida was all swampy and hot, but that looked lovely. Glad the eye is feeling better, but like Meldy said, could the humidity there help in general? 

Melds, magnificent performances from you -- AND the GPO, apparently! The feline answer to the Terminator?!?

Westie, I sympathise with the snow. It's bright at the moment but will cloud up here, and tomorrow effective temps of -7 with snow on the weekend. WHERE IS SPRING???? Hope your snow isn't turning into icy sheets, they're so awful to walk on. 

Snaily, big cheer for you with your mum's housing!!! It's marvellous that you can get things looked after for her, but makes me wonder what happens to people who don't have family like you. 

Nogs, that post-viral fatigue is very persistent. But if we get some better weather that will help too. SAD is a real physical condition, and we're all feeling it now, I think. Is HL over the worst of her lurgy? 

Sluggie, it must be nice to have company, but awful to think of another member of your run club aas badly affected as you are with the back  Is there ANY more info on that op to try an alternative method of pain relief? It seems to recede into the distance every time 

Podds, sounds like you are still soldiering on in your indomitable fashion. Three cheers!

Sorry, have to shoot out on the bike to get some more stuff. Mr C and C2 are at the flat, working away, and Mr C has to go to a business meeting in Utrecht this arvo so I need to shake a leg here. Back later.

WAISt well all. I DO think about you all even when I'm unravelling like this  xxxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.