working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,081 to 216,100 of 237,103 messages
18/03/2013 at 09:06

Morning each,

Brilliant race reps Spence and Pipps.

There's still a bit of snow on the ground and we had a hard frost last night.  It's above freezing now so I'm going to do a bit of the paid stuff today at my site in Oxford.  I need to earn some money sharpish.

I weighed in this morning .  There's work to be done on that too.

HL has gone off to spinning, I'll do a turbo session later, possibly a short road ride.

18/03/2013 at 09:20

Don't know if this will work but with all the talk about correct running you may like this . hats off to the guys that made it .

http://www.runningweatherman.com/2012/01/funny-video-on-youtube-about-awkward-runners/

had a laugh myself so which are you

18/03/2013 at 10:17

Morning WAISTers 

Love the video Westie  not sure I want to see myself running now!

18/03/2013 at 10:34
Well, my drive to oxford was a waste of time. It's too wet/snowy/icy to do much at all.
I'm off home.
18/03/2013 at 12:56
Staggers in and leaves huge pile of Key Lime Pie, tea and coffee

Jet lag sucks

Eyes kicked off since I got back :0( Fine while we were away.

((((( waisters )))))
18/03/2013 at 15:40

WB Tubbs

Hope the peepers calm down Tubbs

we've been out for our lunch,. kids had half day, Mr Spence is off and I had some Cafe Rouge vouchers that needed using

Is it bed time yet!?

18/03/2013 at 16:21

Afternoon,

Welcome home Tubs. I am glad that your peepers behaved while you were away - what a pity that they have decided to kick off now though!

Well done for getting out there Westie, especially in such awful weather! I love the vid, I have seen it before but it still made me . The ex hubbie of one of my plodpals used to run as if he had a broom stuffed up his arris!

Noggy, what a shame that your journey was wasted. A day off is all very well, but it doesn't do much for the bank balance.  sorry to ehar that the sclaes were not kind, I guess it must be all the muscle you gained when you were skiing .

I could only get 1 aquagym sesh today so I did a short swim first and then some weights work. Then coffee/chat/lunch with bff. I am now waiting for a plumber to come round and see what we want doing in the bathroom so that he can do a quote. Ooooh, I live such an exciting life .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

18/03/2013 at 16:53
Evening.
Busy day. Long meeting re FIL am, asda on way home, washing , more washing, ironing, dinner on etc. Had extra washing as eldest had to jump in pool at work yesterday as a young girl had got in trouble. First tine he's had to actually go in, they can normally sort it from the side

Just read run club have had to cancel Luton mara this year. Quite sad as its good fun marshalling and has good reputation. However I would have missed it as its same weekend as stratty! Unfortunately I will miss our ladies 5k as away that weekend too!
18/03/2013 at 17:36

Bless you Slugs, yes, too much muscle, that'll be the problem.

A bit of a bu88er about the peepers Tubs.  How was t'holiday?

I did my turbo session and a core workout too.  I've started on the road back.

M...eldy    pirate
18/03/2013 at 17:37

Evening all

Awake fairly early for a night shift so remains to be seen if I survive tonight !!
Woke up remembering that I needed to chase the bank for the second card they have sent out for me to replace the one that was lost in the post and turned up the day after it was reported lost/stolen ........ transpires that the call I made on the 28th Feb never actually happened, it was never reported lost/stolen and the one that turned up the day after it was reported that I luckily kept I have been able to use all along as it is still showing as 'valid' on their systems
Heaven only knows who I had a lengthy conversation with then !!!

I appear to have 6 miles with 4 mile intervals scheduled before work and its chucking it down with something that appears larger than rain drops

18/03/2013 at 19:49
Get out there you lazy mare!

Good work from the boy Amandax!

Just been talking to step mother, she lost Gran Gran in M&S today!!
Thankfully she found her!
M...eldy    pirate
18/03/2013 at 20:16

All done ..... 6.5 miles in total, 4 of them @ 9.30 just like what it said

18/03/2013 at 20:29
Cor blimey!
M...eldy    pirate
18/03/2013 at 20:30

and another fun night at work to look fowards to!

18/03/2013 at 20:41

Meldy, complain, or find a brick wall! (we have had a long-running bank saga ...)

(((Tubs eyes))) did you bring us all a stick of rock?

Slept like a log last night - out like a light as soon as my head touched the pillow! apart from throbbing toes ... I've got a proper runners toe!

M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 05:27

Blimey .. you all have early nights last night?

I have been a bizzy bee which means it is now nearly home time and no more work until Saturday

I may turbo & gym later, but then again I also desperately need to wash the car before it goes to Devon next week and I am not sure I have that much time to do it
and I need to return some shorts to Sports Direct

What a life I lead 

19/03/2013 at 07:16

morning all, and welcome back Tubbs.
M.eldy still living in the fast lane i see.
We have about 6" snow and blowing a blizard here at the moment so another rest day , it's that wet snow which I hate.
Just more coffee

19/03/2013 at 07:27

Morning!

You can just keep that snow Westie!!

I had a lovely sleep!

19/03/2013 at 07:43

Morning Spence hope not too much Egyptian goings on I hope remember that's where Mummies come from

19/03/2013 at 08:10

Morning each,

It's dry here and most of the soggy snow has gone.

I'm working locally for the day today, the downside is I have to put up with the customers mither.

A turbo ride planned for later and a long ride for tomorrow.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.