working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,101 to 216,120 of 237,405 messages
19/03/2013 at 08:55

Morning

No snow here, bright sunshine   But its bliddy cold. 

Saw on FB some excellent races this weekend,

Weekend was crazy, from the moment we arrived in stoke I did the family visit stuff and ate so much food I was actually ill yesterday.  Everywhere I went I was "fed".  No trips up north planned for a few months to give me time to recover.

Snaunty is just fab, it seems like everything has gone to plan, shes in pain, but its "operation" pain, not "something has gone wrong" pain.  We actually held a conversation!  Mum is also great, though I have some shouting to do at the council.  Such Fun.

Did 5.6k last night in 43mins, on a r1.5 / w1.   I'm reading my secret santa (though not so secret!) book, non runners marathon guide (or something like that).  There is a good training plan in there that I'm going to combine with my app to start increasing my distance.  The book is bloody hilarious, actually LOL moments.  MrS thinks I'm going crazy, which of course I am because I signed up for this maddness!!!

Right better do some work

Edited: 19/03/2013 at 08:56
19/03/2013 at 09:30

Well done Snaily and good for aunty , I don't know if you have a smart phone but here is something I put on mine . It uses your own music and relates a story complete with effects so takes my mind of "working".Other Waisters may have seen it but here is a link to have a look at.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixtostart.zombiesrun&hl=en

19/03/2013 at 09:44
so glad snaunty's doing alright snaily pah at still shouting at the council though

well done to eldest amandax!

no early night for me i'm afraid, although i did fall fast asleep on someone's sofa still on holiday - day of fun and frolcs roaming round bristol today
19/03/2013 at 12:57

Crumbs Daffs - that's brave venturing so far south.........you're closest to Snaily or the Dragon Lady if you're in Brizzle

Not much doing here - at least the weather has held off for a couple of days....hoping for tropical soon with the first day of spring allegedly just round the corner!!

Glad Snaunty is doing ok Snaily and I am sure the council will soon be doing as they should be if you are taking them to task 

19/03/2013 at 13:15

That's good news Snaily

Glad you're enjoying the book, the comments you made on FB really made me chuckle!!

Guess what!?
I'm smiling on the offical photos

got to go see the nurse now, hope she's warmed the clamp

M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 14:04
It's almost sunny out there

I'm off to wash the car and drop in to Tescos ... Still living the dream Westie!
19/03/2013 at 14:36

Afternoon,

Glad to hear that Snaunty and Smum are doing well. What a pity that the council need shouting at before they get things right though .

Spence, I have had a word with your nurse and she kept a nice 'clamp' (speculum) in the fridge ready for you

Awww Pippi, I am sorry that you have a sorely toe - but you really are a runner now!

Meldy, it sounds as if you are going to be a bizzy bee for the next few days. Mind you, I don't think you are ever not bizzy!

Glad to hear that you are having some nice days off.

Another miserabnle day here, weatherwise. It is grey, damp and cold. I have been and done a sluggie with MS though, so that brightened up the day.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

19/03/2013 at 16:28

Sluggie!!

What did I do to you!!?

19/03/2013 at 16:55

hehe!

work is driving me CRAZY aaaaarrrrgggggg

thankyou

19/03/2013 at 17:13

HAVE YOU ENTERED THOSE RACES YET FAR FAR!!??

M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 17:31

Tescos done
Car wash done
Strop thrown in Sports Direct and I lost

19/03/2013 at 18:42

YOu lost? How hard are they in Sports Direct!!!!

I've been searching and got a smily photo at the finish. I'll tell you when they are tagged so you can have a look too ... I liked the fact that Spence's race report told you about the running, while gave you a tourist guide to Liverpool! but I've looked at my Garmin stats, and my running bits were between 10 and 11 minute miles, so that's quite pleasing.

19/03/2013 at 18:47

Oh dear, is the assistant still quivering!!?

Anorexic friend is in hospital, long story short she banged her head Thursday, didn't do anything about it, went to dr at some point, blood pressure sky high, given tablets, feels shit rings NHS direct, taken away in ambulance!!!  Has had tests, blood pressure 200 over somethingorother, don't understand what that means, given heart meds.....How she her poor body copes is a miracle....IMO
Her girls are now with me...

19/03/2013 at 18:49

LOL Pippi!

19/03/2013 at 18:52

Oh dear, poor friend! Is she getting any help, or taking any help, probably more to the point?

19/03/2013 at 20:09

oh eck Spence, suppose all you can do is be there for her.  Until she realises she has a problem and needs help there is nothing you can do.

will have a look at the link now I'm home from work, hope it isnt rude Westie!!!

I'm on the case with the council, the poor buggers have had 2 phone calls and an email from me today.  tomorrow I will be chasing the response    The home mum is in closes in June (bloody disgrace and the council should be ashamed, considering they are spending £50m on new offices they dont need) so the race is on to get the bungalow sorted before then, or I have another hunt for temporary accommodation for her.

4.7k run tonight in 38 mins.  Tomorrow is a day of "cross" training.  Any ideas? 

19/03/2013 at 20:16
Well done Snaily
Egyptian PE is my only cross training!

;-)

Friend 'manages' so as far as she's concerned alls ok..
She eats salt by the bucket load but she says its because she has 'Bartons' (sp) I reckon her inners must be pickled!
M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 20:16

Swimming Snaily?? 

19/03/2013 at 20:19
And a bike ride Thursday!?
M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 20:30

Bingo  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.