working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,161 to 216,180 of 233,623 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
11/03/2013 at 05:34

morning

I was sooooo tired yesterday after my trip to Cardiff with the little people. I did little all day, just slopped around and was very very lazy. I even dumped my intendeds LSR, just couldn't face it.

Today I have a headache and swollen glands in the throat, I'm going to see if I can chase it away with a spin class.

Sounds like you had a good day there Sluggs, getting older has it's merits, life is much calmer and what seemed so important at one time fades into insignificance.

Is Podds still out there then?

11/03/2013 at 06:34

morning  

Take it easy, Sue - sounds as though you may have lurking germblies

Yay, sluggy - glad you were recovered enough to enjoy MS (mothering Sunday) with SB - babies ?eeeeek and SM You're absolutely right - life is too short to lose sight of its fragility and not appreciate each other

Podds, oh Podds, where are you ???

well plodded Ronni and Cheesy

Weather here is not nice. I walked the dog in a blizzard and came home looking like the abominable snowman Brrrrrr!. Car going for MOT, service etc today

Take it easy chums

11/03/2013 at 06:50

Morning,

Still no sign of Podds? Should we send out a search party or get the WAISTerbus fired up?

~~~Yummitymobile~~~ I hope that is passes its exam with the minimum of expense.

S'ok Yumms, SB has no intention of having babies for a long time yet - even though gf does get broody at times. Given their current situation regarding studies, work and finances it would probably be the final straw if it happened now. Gf is not 25 until September, so their is plenty of time.

There is a dusting of snow on the ground this morning - which is pretty extreme for this area! I spect that everything will grind to a halt, it usually does if we have anything more than a heavy frost!

I am feeling much better but still very tired and a little dizzy. Don't think I will manage aquagym and coffee with bff so have cancelled aquagym .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well my lovelies xxx

11/03/2013 at 07:25

Morning

((((Dragon))) take care!

Snow here too

4:20 Mr Cock was saying good morning !

11/03/2013 at 07:36
Morning

All this talk of Mr Cock is rather disturbing to one of a nervous disposition.

(((((((Sluggy, Sue, Noggy and any other lurgified or germicided WAISTers))))))

A minor miracle happened yesterday. I went out for a run. I went out for one but didn't come back having completed one. Did more of a walk interspersed with short joggy efforts. It wasn't pleasant. Was thinking I should try again this morning but the brass monkeys have convinced me otherwise. Sunny here but just heard from OH that there are blizzards up the road a bit.

Happy new week one and all
11/03/2013 at 07:39

Good day each,

Spence, are you trying to be the new Finbar Saunders?  

Sue, hope the grots don't materialize.

Good work Melds, Amanda and Roni and good that you're feeling a bit better Slugs, enjoy the coffee.

Podds wouldn't be the first person to go missing in the MK triangle.

Typical, I wrecked my ribs changing my car tyres, now winter is coming back.  HL is getting the full on manflu.  I'm feeling better so I'm now her carer.  A glimpse into the future perhaps?

11/03/2013 at 07:41

Morning DL,  where are your travels taking you today?

11/03/2013 at 07:49
Hoorah and falderee - I am remaining in the house I call home for a whole day. Tomorrow however I shall resume my wanderings.

Were Podds' vaccinations up to date?

If only we were back in the 80's Noggy - I could lend you a Spare Rib. Anyone remember feminism?
11/03/2013 at 08:16

Dungarees, donkey jackets, doc martens and mullets.

heady days.

11/03/2013 at 08:32
yawnity yawn. Unlike DL i am on a train. Again.

Still, there's a pretty dusting of snow, the sun is shining, and i'm off to buy a saxophone on the way home from work Slugs - will i be ready for a duet with noggs by november? Undoubtedly Question is - will the rest of you... (not sure the hotel will be impressed, or were you thinking we'd be at the race course??)
11/03/2013 at 08:39

Daffs, I used to get an Arts Council grant for the noises I could get out of my sax.  

What are you getting? I'd guess an Alto.

11/03/2013 at 09:06
alto, yep just a budget studenty one to start with, looks in pretty good shape though. Don't want to spend silly money til i've played it for more than 30 seconds

i'm sure you sounded beautiful noggs! did you play at school? in a jazz band? experimental rock/psychedelia fusion?
11/03/2013 at 09:21

morning all, yup Snow here as well.
Think it sounds a great Idea for Noggs & daffs playing for the Waister tribe in November something to look forward to

Well done Amandax on the award and M.eldy you rest up for a couple of days don't over train.

As for me NOTHING done again but then even putting socks on is a challenge these days and when I said I have a problem touching my toes it's when I'm Sitting down lol.
Anyway will carry on Lurking and drinking coffee so play nice.

11/03/2013 at 09:37

Morning All

Sorry for the delay in checking in - yesterday was a long tiring day!

Slugsta wrote (see)

Morning,

Still no sign of Podds? Should we send out a search party or get the WAISTerbus fired up?

Don't think I will manage aquagym and coffee with bff so have cancelled aquagym .

That's the right attitude Sluggie - glad you managed the weekend though and are feeling more human now 

DL wrote (see)

Were Podds' vaccinations up to date?

Too right they were - this north of Watford malarkey is dangerous I tell you

Another vote for the WAISTer band as entertainment in November.............

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 09:37
11/03/2013 at 09:45

Daffs, my route into playing the sax was not a conventional one.

I'd never played at school - just the recorder at primary school.  When the first mrs Nog and i divorced I wandered into a music shop and said 'I like the noise a saxophone makes, can I have one?'

The kind man sold me a Tenor - a very second hand one but a good blower - using an unusual standard,  in his words ' You're a big bloke, you'll look a pratt with an Alto'

I don't have a musical style, well, perhaps a nod towards Acid  Skiffle.  Ihad a couple of teachers, one was quite conventional and steering me towards exams, the other, an extremely gifted musician who just wanted me to enjoy playing.

Sadly, he was quite Bohemian - he made you look like the leader of the Young Conservatives (apologies for any shudders that may cause), and he disappeared from the Oxford music scene.  I've not played much at all since.

Once my head clears, I'll start warming my lips up

11/03/2013 at 09:47

Phew, welcome home podds, I'll ping Meldy to cancel the search helicopter

11/03/2013 at 10:39

morning all

well done to Amandax for the awards

fab training Melds!!!

budy weekend for me, Mr FF was away at the rugby so I took my parents to visit his mother on Saturday and had my parents round for lunch yesterday - done my bit for care in the community. My boys failed at mothers day - again!

my training is a bit hit and miss, have sore knees which weirdly don't hurt when running

11/03/2013 at 10:50

Glad to know that you are home safe and sound, Podds.

Nog = N + 1 wrote (see)

Once my head clears, I'll start warming my lips up

Oh. My. Goodness.

(((DragonSue))) take care and don't push too hard.

Waiting for bff to arrive. She is bringing my godson with her, he can earn a bit of dosh stripping the wallpaper in the smallest room while we go out and enjoy ourselves

11/03/2013 at 12:00
good division of labour there sluggs!

noggs, that sounds like a perfectly acceptable way in to me! lol at you looking a prat with an alto 6 hours to go

welcome back podds! do tell
11/03/2013 at 12:37

Tiddle my fiddlers, but it's cold over here! Apparently the current effective temperature is -11 C. It must be close to that, because Mr C has put on his jumper again (boggle) 

(((((((((((((Sue))))))))))))

Sounds like you might be brewing a lurgy--hope you manage to head it off around the pass, as they say in the cowboy films. 

((((((((((Sluggie))))))))))

After the weekend you had, cancelling aquagym was deffo the better part of valour! And as you said, given where they are now prolly best of SB and gf don't make you a glamorous gran just yet 

Well trundled, DL! But in these temps I think calling off a repeat performance was sensible. 

Westie, sorry the back is still acting up, but don't just lurk---come on in and tell us what you're up to!

Podds, we are relieved to see you! But we are now all agog to know what you've bene up to, so spill the beans!

Daffs, enjoy getting your saxaphone! Sounds like huge fun. And you and Nogs together will deffo be the WAISters' ticket to fame 

Nogs, I think the idea of matching the instrument to your physique is quite sweet... like choosing a dog that sort of looks like you?!? I think the system would prescribe a sousaphone for me 

Busy days here, we are starting to get C2 moved into his own place in Leiden. A friend with a van has just arrived to move an old sofa from our playroom to the flat. He's really excited, will be nice for him to be able to meet friends with just 10 minutes' walk instead of an hour's cycle each way. Will we miss him? Yeah, a bit....but it will be nice not to find the kitchen full of pots and pans that are 'soaking'!!!! 

It's really bitter, so instead of running I'm going to put on six layers, take Rossie for a brisk walk and then settle down with the Year Books (court reports) of Edward I 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.