working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,281 to 216,300 of 232,866 messages
14/03/2013 at 22:07

I have had a right nightmarish day, tomorrow is my day off but I'm still dealing with an incident.  12hrs worked today, and its been quite taxing, my brain is now buggered!

Lips to hips - WTF.  bolts hips are no where near his lips????  I even googled it and you can imagine what that showed me

We have Sky, and i can honestly say they are pretty good, never had a problem with broadband connections, TV is always great unless it hails, so I would recommend them.  When I've had to ring the help line, I quickly get through to a person, difficult to understand because they are scottish , but always helpful.  They even ring you up with offers, I currently have sports for £10/month for 6 months.  Oh and if you join can I bagsy the £30 M+S voucher for recommending you

Snaunty update - op went well, so far so good, she could be eating by next week.  They found a large piece of bowel wedged in her muscle tissue which was causing her immense pain which was left from the last incopetent surgeon, who is now swanning about in Oz.  Anyway keeping everything crossed.

on that note I am going to bed before my head hits the keyboard

14/03/2013 at 22:57

Evening

M...eldy wrote (see)

Podds, assuming that if you are crossing your arms somehow then you are also twisting your upper body, wasted energy and  the pelvis is not stable ?

Yep - that's right and of course the unstable pelvis (exascerbated more often than not by a weak core) can create torque down the legs and into the knees especially and cause pain there......

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

Lips to hips - WTF.  bolts hips are no where near his lips????  I even googled it and you can imagine what that showed me

M...eldy    pirate
15/03/2013 at 06:08
Chop chop
Rise and shine

I'm back in bed with coffee
15/03/2013 at 06:46

i´m having a lazy start but i have to meet a customer a bit later. then a pilgrimage to the mighty Tesco.

coffee?

15/03/2013 at 07:21

Tea!

Morning

been awake ages! even done the ironing!

15/03/2013 at 08:24
ironing?? goodness!!

i'm still in bed off out to the peak district with a friend later
15/03/2013 at 09:04

Daffs, as ever, you have inspired me.  I've just ordered some new reeds for my Alto, I should be starting again by Sunday

I'm trying a Rico 2, I seem to remember Rico's being good and a 2 to 2 1/2 suiting me.

Just got to find where i put the hooter now.

15/03/2013 at 09:49

Morning WAISTers  

Tea? that'll do niceley I think!

XB
15/03/2013 at 10:06

Morning

Time to get my shorts on and play out in the rain. 6 miles on the plan. 6 miles it will be.

I wish I could play a musical instrument.

15/03/2013 at 10:17

Me too. I did try and play gutar at various stages, but always ended up getting frustrated because I always got to certain points and then seemed to go backwards till I stopped playing again. Shame, as I did start to enjoy it everytime just before that point 

This damn outer leg muscle is still playing up this morning, although not as much. The question is, should I still do my long run tonight or leave it to rest a couple more days? It was going to be a drop back to 14 miles tonight, before an 18 next week .... I am undecided, and will just see how annoying the muscle gets during the day. What do you all suggest? a vote is good 

Edited: 15/03/2013 at 10:18
15/03/2013 at 10:48
Hmmm, cheesy, doing a 14 miler on a dodgy leg doesn't sound good. I vote for a take away Indian and a few cold ones (I always vote for that regardless)
15/03/2013 at 10:49

Look at what you wrote and think Cheesy!

You say it is improving as the same breath as you say you've been resting it..............

Like all these things, short break initially often prevents much longer break later

And So Endeth Today's Lesson 

15/03/2013 at 11:32

Podds, I have been trying to send you a PM, but it keeps saying I have to enter a message before sending, so either you have 3 million messages from me now, or none !

Ill try a bit later.

15/03/2013 at 11:36

Trouble with thinking, I get too sensible! Normally my gut feeling is right, and last injury it said dont do it, so I did it anyway and made it worse! This time my gut feeling is 50-50 as its more annoying niggle than injury type thing.

So far, it looks like it will sway on the dont do it side  

I cant help being stubborn and bloody minded! apparently its in my nature! 

15/03/2013 at 11:37

Oh, when I say it keeps saying I have to enter a message before sending, I have been typing stuff, which then vanishes. 

15/03/2013 at 11:39

I had the same problem when I initially tried to message you last night but I think back page then forward page then hit send made it work!!

15/03/2013 at 14:29

Afternoon,

I vote with Noggy!

SM and SB share a birthday today. after aqugym and Tesco I took SM out for coffee and cake. I phoned SB early as I expected him to be on his way to work - only to waken him cos he has the day off. i reckon that serves him right for all the broken nights and early mornings he gave me over the years .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

15/03/2013 at 15:16

Ooho - Happy Birthday to SM and SB

I am going to go for an early bath today and have a date in a pub at 3.45 with a couple of colleagues  Reckon school owes me after Wednesday night's unexpected 9pm finish!

15/03/2013 at 15:27

Happy birthdays

XB wrote (see)

I wish I could play a musical instrument.

Me too 

Edited: 15/03/2013 at 15:28
15/03/2013 at 16:04

morning all

happy birthdays to the various Slugs

bleurgh! work is taking up too much of my time again - thank dog its friday!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.