working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,581 to 216,600 of 239,130 messages
03/04/2013 at 13:22

Nike Lunaglide think they were called Ryan, but really get your gait checked out as there are different levels of support.

03/04/2013 at 13:26

flippin eck, I'm trying to work, have the housing association, movers, home improvement companies all ringing.  House move is tomorrow, and its difficult to organise 3 groups of people!!!

03/04/2013 at 14:26

Corrr blimey with an added dollop of eeeeeek.

3 hours of pain, hills and cold all of it seemingly into a vicious headwind.

My HR was good but it felt so hard.

I need a cup of tea and a lie down.

03/04/2013 at 14:28
You be nice n gentle with the virgin man, sluggy. I would have thought that MS n Thursday man would have been enough but apparently not;-)
03/04/2013 at 16:02

Afternoon

I frozed my bits this morning with the dogs and for the afternoon in the garden - I utterly refuse to go out to do optional things......like running and  biking!!!

Got your virgin yet Sluggie?

Yums - come and "mascot" round the 5K with Tubbs and I - we are walking and eating and chatting.....far more civilised than all that huffin' and puffin' and sweaty stuff the others are indulging in   I'm sure someone was still looking for room share earlier and I think Melds and I are looking at car share as well as room share to save pennies so you could hook up with us for that

There are WAISTers coming I've never met (eek shock horror )

03/04/2013 at 17:18

*Gives noggs cake to go with the tea*

There are loads of WAISTers going, I'm super excited (apart from the stupid 13miles to run!)  For the social on Saturday can I request we stay in one place, not sure my legs will carry me around the town!!!!

Dare I say it, I'm actually enjoying the running, the r/w has really helped a lot.  At the end of my runs I feel like I've worked hard, but it hasnt killed me, so I've not fell into the trap of "I really dont want to run because I know its gonna kill me" attitude.  And I'm saving for my new trainers which have reflective laces

Snailymum has finally signed for the new house, she cant move in yet because its unsafe, but at least its hers which should get things moving. only 8 weeks before her home closes so I'm shouting at everyone at the council to get it done.  Otherwise I have to find her another temporary home. 

Anyway think thats enough work from me, I'm off home in the sunshine

M...eldy    pirate
03/04/2013 at 17:23

How does one get hold of a virgin man then ??      Carefully?  

Flippin cold out there still with a slight hint of spring in the shelter of the canal

GPO got out of bed at lunchtime and is now looking at me expectedly for 'tea' .... he doesnt have 'tea' usually and we are not getting in to that routine!!!

Noggs, downloaded the Garmin from Mondays bike ride and it looks like we scoured the Eiger several times
For those that know the area we climed down and out of Branscombe, Beer and then out of Sidmouth via the Conault Rooms and up and over to Budleigh Salterton, along to Otterton and then the main road back up to Newton Poppleford and out of Sidmouth again ... these are long long hills and then some !   About 4000ft of climbing in 5 hours !

Lovely run through the woods and along the canal earlier for me

03/04/2013 at 19:36
Sighs........ Such evocative poll lace names, m......eldy, budleigh salterton, sidmoutj, newton poppleford. They all sound exotic to me

Podds, I think Spence has already suggested I sleep with her but I am also open to offers if anyone needs a roomy to save money. I am house trained, quiet and have reasonable manners.

*waits patiently*

No idea which distance to do but I can discount the harf marafun as too much like hard work and of course because I'm just too damn glam;-)

Good news for snaily mum but it does seem to have been going on ages. How is Snaunty BTW?
03/04/2013 at 20:01
Cricky! Thought I'd been in after my run!

Just 3 miles, blimey it was cold!!

Well run Snaily, biked Noggs and Meldy

Good to hear you should get your money back Nogs

Oh DL

Yums, my bed is available on the Friday night ( at mine) but I have a roomie Sat night 'J' I'm sorry! You can get family rooms !? But I can't change mine now
Good to hear you'll be running!!!

I have made a Simnel Cske and some posh Flapjack for holidays
03/04/2013 at 20:55
Hi still great weather but fires are a problem for some .fire red sky and smoke across the loch .fishing bad but the best pint of Guinness in Scotland x
03/04/2013 at 20:57

where you off Spence?

Snaunty is eating baby food, but at least its a start, she's not seen the oncologist yet, but first reports are the area can be targeted with radiotherapy and no need for chemo, so fingers crossed.

Mums house has taken aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!

Went to Exeter yesterday but didnt see meldy cycling around!!!

Easter egg anyone?

03/04/2013 at 21:04
We're off to Norfolk with 'J'
Lots of running, eating and drinking

Meldy how did you upload your video on FB? Got a vid of DD which I put on the ESS page but can't put on my own page!?
M...eldy    pirate
03/04/2013 at 21:14

I uploaded from my phone .... if you have an iphone, click on 'forward' and then you get the option to upload either to FB or Twitter et.c

I believe I have to go back to work tomorrow which is a little rude 

03/04/2013 at 21:19

oh I love Norfolk, some very flat running, so expect some PBs!!! (although the eating and drinking might have an effect on that!)

Brew, Bed, Book....sorted

03/04/2013 at 22:39
Yeah tried that didn't work!

Staying at the same place as last year Snaily lovely runs to the beach DD has a fab time
Colleague is coming to Hamish sit he's too old to stay on his own
04/04/2013 at 07:49
Morning!

First in!?

I've had brekkie in bed good old Mr Spence! He's off out in his bike!
Didn't want to join me, couple of mates & 6 kids for a walk...can't think way!?
We're taking a picnic !!!? Brrr
04/04/2013 at 07:58

Morning each,

I have an ouchy left calf muscle.  It;s just snuck up on me.

Hope it walks out today.

I'm off to work in a bit, mowing, cutting back - all stuff I'd have started 4 to 6 weeks ago in a normal year.

I've made a pot of coffee, help yourself.

04/04/2013 at 08:23

(Pours cup of coffee thankfully) Ta, Nogs! Actually from your description of that hard, cold ride yesterday it's not surprising if that calf feels a bit ouchy. Hope it sorts today. This weather must be awful for everyone connected with the outside: farmers have lost lambs, and early crops and all. Not the greatest economic moment for that. But it does happen some years, I guess. 

It's snowing here. Sigh. Only a few flakes but really......

Awww, Spence, brekkie in bed?? How lux! Tho sounds like you'll pay for it with that walk 

Snaily, what a huge relief that your mum has actually got the flat!!! Sorry you will have to keep the pressure on to get it finished, but you are NEARLY there with her, it sounds like. And a few days ago it sounded as if they had given up on Snaunty so the latest news is actually rather hopeful. And great that in all this you're enjoying your chugging 

Westie, I haven't heard of fires up your way! I guess these are forest fires? Thought you had had enough snow to damp things down? 

Meldy, I can hardly bear to look at that bike route on a map, never mind imagine doing it on two wheels!!! Like Yums says, great names, but you must have been a tired bunny at the end of that one!

Oh DL, that was a close call---thank goodness for family birthdaye, eh? 

Yums, how nice that you can join Podds and Tubbs and have a nice bimble and a big social at Stratty! I am SO going to miss you all, maybe somebody has an iPhone and we can skype? That way those of us who can't come can still see you all! 

Podds, glad there's someone besides me who thinks it's just too bliddy cold out there! I want to run, and I know I'd feel better if I did, and I want to test me new shooze, but I just can't face going out in anything less than full down coat. So lots of long walks and cycling, but that's it til it warms up. (Snowing harder now.) 

Gott akype with C1 and then go do some stuff with Mr C. WAISt waist well, all! xxx

04/04/2013 at 08:29

Morning All

I refuse to cycle in this weather too Chuggs!  It's enough I have to go out and walk the dogs in it without adding in "choice" life items!!

I am soooooooo glad I didn't go Pirating this year as it would have meant training through all of this whereas I've been able to put my feet up and not feel guilty.......

Were going to go to Hever Castle today but Mother Podds has decided it's just too cold (yes and snow showers here too Chuggy) so we're going for a wander round the shops instead

Happy THursday to the workers - wrap up warm Noggs!

See you all later

04/04/2013 at 08:30

and 00

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.