working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,581 to 216,600 of 229,785 messages
23/03/2013 at 21:21
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/tubsterr62/07776ccb011cab016040bcca5a6ac25a_zps318f0728.jpg

No room on the rug!!
24/03/2013 at 05:03

Morning All

It's 5AM on a wintry Sunday morning..........cant' believe you're all still in bed!!!  

I'm off to have fun, see you all later

M...eldy    pirate
24/03/2013 at 07:13

I wasn't  !!   

Anyone know what Podds is up to ?

I shall be here until 5pm and then I shall wend my way home

Rock n roll

Nog
24/03/2013 at 07:19

Morning each,

cold and generally bleurghhhhh here.

Dunno what the Poddmeister is up to.

Coffee is on.

M...eldy    pirate
24/03/2013 at 07:34

Black coffee for me please Noggs !

24/03/2013 at 08:44

morning all, guess who's doing nothing today just looking at the ice and snow through the windows. May have to win the lottery to pay my gas & electric bill

24/03/2013 at 08:50
Podds is aqua thoning.
Morning. It's still snowing. Tho not heavy now but there's a good few inches on ground already.

I feel fat and eurghh having done nothing in any form of exercise yesterday bar a bit of a spence or Friday. Must do something today.

However at present am still in bed! Nearly finished my tea, someone stick kettle on again please
24/03/2013 at 09:03

Morning all. Would anyone like some coffee from my bee-yew-tee-ful new Senseo? Got it yesterday and the difference is amazing. The old one must have been really on its last legs!! Of course it had been making about 60 cups of coffee a week for however many years, so it deserved its retirement. 

Tubs, what gorgeous photos! I can't believe that 'Baby' Tubs is such a big lad---you'll have to find another name for him now, for sure! And with Oskar and Blue both there, it looks like an illustration for The Peaceable Kingdom. 

Sue, trust you a) to stop to help someone in distress and b) to know what to do, no matter what the emergency! Psychiatric trauma? Check. Knitting? Check. Running? Check. Silk scarves? Check. Childcare? Check. Now, horses? Oh yeah! You're one fine lady, and definitely someone I'd like to have with me in a tight spot!  

Westie, glad you're OK up there, but it sounds pretty cold and dreich. Not sure I'd elike to face your gas and electric bills! BTW, what is going on with energy prices in the UK? Energy bills for our 2 bed flat in Exeter are over twice as much as for C2's 2 bed flat in Leiden. How do people pay them? That's a serious question, I don't see how people on a pension can do it. 

Whatever Podds is doing, I really, really hope she isn't going to be outside all day!! 

Melds, hope the weather doesn't mean you have a busy day. Sounds like a lot of roads are really treacherous, I hope people stay home. 

Nogs, this is a day to stay close to the coffe pot, I reckon 

I can't help hoping XB's race has been called off, this doesn't sound like a day for a long orienteering-type of cross-country effort. 

We are 'hoping' to break a record today. They think this will be the coldest 24 March EVER. It was -17 when Mr C walked Rossie this morning. It was a short walk 

Off to church, then this arvo quick visit with our former minister who happens to be around. Mr C knew him well when he was churchwarden so will be nice to catch up. 

WAISt well, all, stay warm! xxxxx

XB
24/03/2013 at 10:42

Morning.

I'm so glad I didn't have to go and "race" today. I've been out abd about for 14 miles and it was brutal. I would have gone further but ran out of ooomph and was fed up of battling the wind.

Another day in front of the fire I think.

24/03/2013 at 11:33
Morning

Well runXB!

Well Spenced Amandax!

I'm not long up, have 'orrible sore throat, hurts to talk....gonna be a quiet day!
24/03/2013 at 11:42

Good idea XB stay in the warm.

Daughter and SIL are planning their aniversary and want a big family get together in the sun and are planning for Florida. Just to see what costs would be for me these days to get insured I did a couple of on line quotes.
For 14 days in the states I have been quoted £647 to £ 804 !!! to cover exisiting conditions. Guess I will be staying in Europe then .If I add the Mrs on with her problems and turning 70  as well it will be costing us over £1000 just for insurance

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
24/03/2013 at 13:21

Afternoon, just in from walking the dogs on the beach. Not too bad on the way out, cold but bearable, then I turned back into the wind - brrrrrr! doesn't do it. Even the muppets were glad to get back to the car!

Westie, have you tried SAGA? We have much the same problem here. HWMBT is just about uninsurable. We've not been on hols for 3 years now, not overseas. The last time we went anywhere was to London in 2011 for the Remembrance thingy.

It's a bit of a rip off this insurance lark.

24/03/2013 at 13:28

XB, YOU RAN 14 MILES IN THIS??? You are truly a superman!!! I hope you stay right beside the first for the rest of the day, you've earned it! 

Glad you managed a lazy morning, Amadax, you've been working so hard on all fronts you must need a bit of downtime. 

Oh dear, Spence, hope you aren't getting one of those late-winter lurgy things. Stay warm and have lots of hot drinks and hopefully you'll head it off. 

(((((((((((((((Spence's froat)))))))))))))

Westie, I had to read your post twice, couldn't believe it. Since you aren't that likely to get ill during a visit of just 2 weeks, the numbers must reflect the cost of medical care ifyou did, which must be astronomical! No wonder they need Obamacare. Would somewhere outside the US (Tenerife or somewhere in the Med, say) be more resonable? A family trip is such a nice idea. 

It's looking good for the 'lowest ever temperature on 24 March' record attempt here: it's currently 0 C, feeling like -7. We left coolio behind quite a while ago!

24/03/2013 at 14:07
Westie - check out Briitish heart foundation website, have a list of more sympathetic insurers. Worth trying a few.

I have gymmed, not huge amount but better than nothing.
Still bliddy snowing here.

Back to work tomorrow. No more hol til may
24/03/2013 at 15:13

Afternoon,

Westie, check out this thread, it will give you some ideas for insurers http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=3184.0 I hope you find something cheap enough to allow you to travel.

(((Spence))) although I bet the family are hoping that you don't get your voice back .

Well run XB, although I am sure you did the right thing in not risking the off-roader, being out in those conditions would be foolhardy.

I hope that Podds is OK and didn't turn into an icicle.

Yumms, it is good to see you again. Snuzzling with Mrs Dawg is just the thing this weather.

Tubs, those are lovely photo's, although I do agree that you will have to find another name for 'Baby Tubs'.

Meldy, I don't  FB anymore so I cannot see thew vid of you and the FGO .

Chuggy, I am glad that you have got a loverly noo coffee machine although I think Hot Choccy is the order of the day at the moment.

I'm trying not to moan about the weather as I know that we are very lucky down here, but we are spending the afternoon snuggled up in front of the TV watching Warhorse. MS was reluctant cos it is soppy, but I think he is enjoying it.

I must point out that the young men I entertained on Friday were stripping wallpaper for us. Almost finished now, MS wants to repaper next weekend.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

24/03/2013 at 15:26

The insurance thing for the states is prohibitive for us young ones with health issues.
I do travel Europe no problems as long as I am in the "zone" I can get annual multi trip for £60 that's with conditions declared.
Have Chamonix in August and then October we are heading off to Serrento so not too bothered about going to the states.
Next Saturday having a family holiday / get together for a week in Plockton we have two properties booked for the week so good chill out time on the cards.We did it last year and everyone wanted to do it again so off we go to Hamish Macbeth country. ( Spence knows who he is )
http://www.plockton.com/

You running people are getting me down but well done for you ,I am trying to be sensible these days and now the back has cleared up for the moment I am itching to get out but have to keep an eye on the conditions outside. I WILL be back

24/03/2013 at 16:36

We haven't had this much snow for years, let alone in March. it's patchy though - not much in Liverpool, then we had a walk over a hill in the middle of Wirral (Thurstaston) and it was deeper than I've been in for years (and that was probably in the Pennines). Glad I had wellies as it was shin deep. But then in some parts it had melted and dried!? It was my birthday yesterday - usually I can wear new spring clothes and sit outside for a bit.

It was also my brother's Golden Wedding Anniversary. I took my first steps at his wedding!

I took Mr P for his birthday treat to Cains Brewery in Liverpool It was entertaining and interesting but bitterly cold! and I still don't really like beer. We had a meal out in posh restaurant in Liverpool in a gorgeous old bank building with moulded ceilings and columns. We didn't leave a tip once they gave us a bill that included £13 for 2x cheese, when that was included in the 3 course menu price ... they returned with the genuine bill very quickly (didn't need to go and print it out again) so it does make you think they were trying it on!

Kudos to XB for doing 14 miles!!!! Bows down in a Wayne's world way - "we're not worthy!"

24/03/2013 at 16:54

Oooh - Happy Birthday for yesterday Pippi - you kept that one a bit quiet!

24/03/2013 at 16:54

Happy Birthday Pippi for yesterday !!

Blimey, one getting married and another starting to walk!? That's some gap!!

Oh Westie take me with you!! I'd love to visit Plockton, I loved Hamish Macbeth (as discussed many times before)

24/03/2013 at 16:56

I have aquathoned - there was something quite surreal about waiting to start the swim and looking out through the doors to transition where it was snowing........

Something rather more than surreal about running round East Grinstead in wet swim kit + a few layers........one hardy chap who came in just after me had run in nothing more than a lycra tri suit and a woolly hat (I hasten to add he started 15 mins after me so was obviously running fast!!).......

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.