working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,761 to 216,780 of 235,775 messages
28/03/2013 at 19:56
Tsk! Tsk!
28/03/2013 at 20:24
I'm on the salad :/

Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

Snaily, that's funny and why I run at night. Less people around haha!
28/03/2013 at 22:19
Pippi LS wrote (see)

Chuggs will be able to tell you about the Dutch version of the Bristol stool chart, as the Dutch are a bit obsessed - their toilets have a little ledge inside so you can have a good look before you flush!

Yeah - so do the Italian ones - Mr P loved it

I had loads of fun mountain biking - it's years since I've been on one and I'd forgotten what a hoot it could be......even in the company of 20 odd 14 and 15 year olds!!

Mummy Podds has now arrived for a state visit..........thank dog she's not as mad as DL's MIL though

28/03/2013 at 22:22

Evening,

Welcome Ryan and well done for making such a good start. We are a nosey lot so sit right down, open that bottle of wine I see you have with you and tell us aaaaall about yourself.

(((Snaunty))) that is so bliddy unfair after all she has been through . Yes, I know that no-one ever promised that life would be fair, but even so... Good news about Smum and the bungalow though.

(((Berry))) I am sorry that you are playing host to Chestikov again.

LOL at DL - as usual .

I have had a nice afternoon with Thursday man. We stayed in and watched the DVD I bought for his birthday (which was yesterday). It is a 1948 B+W that he mentioned a couple of weeks ago and he was chuffed that I had gone to the trouble of finding it. It seemed a shame to tell him that it took only a few minutes on Amazon .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

29/03/2013 at 08:01

morning coffee pot on

29/03/2013 at 08:31

Good man yourself, Westie.

Morning each,

Happy Easter, it always seems odd saying that about Easter but you know what I mean.

I'm observing the day in the traditional manner.  A visit to tesco then a bike ride.

Speaking of which, I may take Beppi out for a spin - that's my carbon bike that I haven't ridden yet.  

You can tell it's the hols, those lazy arsed teacher types are all still in bed.

WAKE UP

That'll sort them.

29/03/2013 at 09:50
*slaps noggs*

no intention of getting up just yet - i'm on a(nother) train at 5.30 tomorrow morning and need all the rest i can get!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/03/2013 at 10:16

morning

I wrote  a post that has gone and disappeared!

basically - been up for ages, spin class spun, 5 k dreadmill run and lots of luverly stretches.

now for a walk with the muppets 

29/03/2013 at 12:47

Cripes, where is everyone.

I've Tesco'd and done a brisk  ride on the new bike.  It was quite liberating to ride without any gadget or gizmo, just riding by feel.

I'll need to make a few minor tweeks to the riding position but otherwise the bike felt great.  It dares you to go faster everywhere.

29/03/2013 at 13:42

I have been down to the Folkestone 10 - traditional Good Friday Kent fixture where you'll find anyone who does a bit of running in Kent generally speaking - bit of financial transacting and a bit of supporting....

Odd weather - dover on the way out snowing, Dover on the way back bright sunshine and blue skies.........and holiday traffic jams........and now snowing again in Thanet - seems to be alternating approximately every 20 mins between sun and snow.......

Time for lunch I think now

29/03/2013 at 15:52

Afternoon,

And Happy Easter to you too Noggie (I think that, traditionally, we are supposed to say that on Sunday, to celebrate the resurrection. However, if I wait until then I will have wasted 2 days where you could have been enjoying yourself ).

Podds, the biking sounds fun - for those who are rather more adventurous than the likes of me (which is just about everyone!).

Tescos was bedlam this morning and it was not much better on the roads. I have visited SM and delivered her Easter pressie. MS is hard at woek repapering our smallest room. I just pop in ocassionally and point out air bubbles etc. I know he is glad of my help .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

29/03/2013 at 17:29
Salmon and veg tonight. Id love to go for a run later but I'm up at 5am for work. Though I'll probably sleep well.

How often would you change your shoes?
29/03/2013 at 17:41
Good, .......Friday

I change my shoes every day Ryan, I find they make the duvet muddy otherwise.

Think the advice is about 500 miles to replace running shoes, or when you hit Tarmac.

I did something rather unusual today. I went for, what could losely be described as, a run. Can someone remind me why anyone would be so foolish as to repeat the experience? I have also painted the stairs, and spindles. It's blinking fiddly and I'm now aching all over.

OH is in the middle of recovering the sofa cushions. When I say the middle, I'm being generous. There are feathers and bits of material all over the place. There has also been some swearing. Aren't Bank holidays fun?!

Happy Good Friday, if that's not too much of an oxymoron.
29/03/2013 at 17:44
Losely is of course a manufacturer of ice cream. I think I meant loosely - in real life I can spell
29/03/2013 at 17:48

I've had my hair cut Hairdresser said I'll have the best looking hair in the Pennines when I told him where I was going - explained it'll be under a fleecy hat for the next week! The temperature promises to be above freezing during the day, and no rain/snow. Maybe the minor roads will be open by the time we get there ...

Waist well, and don't enter too many triathlons ...

29/03/2013 at 17:54

Morning/afternoon/evening

Didn't get in this morning cos I was RUNNING

Just a little 4 miles in early sunshine clear blue sky, beautiful

and then we went to Shrewsbury  to see my folks

well run DL, glad to hear you enjoyed it and will be repeating it over the weekend

well cycled Noggin

29/03/2013 at 18:06

Miss you there Pippi, have a great time

29/03/2013 at 20:26

Oooh, Pipps, take an extra thermal layer just in case! 

Sorry, very busy here so just a quick read back. 

DL. your MIL sounds just like.....the sort of MIL only YOU could have!  You're jjolly lucky your OH is able to do stuff like recover cushions, though. That's harder than it looks (I say from bitter experience). 

Snaily, what an emotional roller coaster for you. That's awful news about Snaunty, especially after everuything she's been thorugh already. Like everyone else said, your support will mean everything to her. But what great news about your mum's flat! After all your hard work, it's lovely to know she will be in a really nice place, and really soon now! 

Happy Easter to you too, Lord Nogs, sir! Sounds like your new steed is most satisfactory 

Sluggie, you're all heart. aren't you? I'm sure that without your helpful guidance MS would never have been able to finish those repairs! 

Truffie (senior pussycat) is sitting in my lap. She's not 100% (annual V E T trip on Tuesday for all of them) but I got a very soft brush and have been brushing her and she LOVES it. 

Singing this afternoon at church, which was nice. Cycled home 8 km with horizontal snow in my face, which was NOT nice. Had to squit hard to keep my eyes open enough to see where I was going!

C3 arrives tomorrow, and asked me to make his favourite childhood cake for him....awwwwww..... 

29/03/2013 at 21:16

7 Miles done tonight first run in a while, and the leg still isnt right, not sure why, but it isnt right.

What made this run great however, Adam is back on leave for 10 days and he came with me was so nice to have his company for a nice run again, seems such a long time!

It was funny running the whole run in daylight too, not done that for what seems ages!

Only 2 weeks to SDW50, going to be helping on the Botolps aid station (11mile point) then at the finish line

then next year ....

Edited: 29/03/2013 at 21:17
29/03/2013 at 21:19

evening all, Chuggy enjoy having C3 home I just know they will be spoilt rotten

We are heading off to Plockton in the morning so looking forward to meeting up with all the family. Daughter No 1 birthday today 48 years old and i still picture a young girl lol.anyway both daughters and Oh's  plus grandchildren plus Scott all heading north to get together the only down side is eldest son not able to get here.The better news for the eldest son is he is coming back from Italy in 10days for good so we are all looking forward to having him with the family again.
I'm not sure what the internet is like where we are staying so may just have quick hello to you all with smart phone.
Anyway play nice and enjoy your weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.