working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,761 to 216,780 of 242,755 messages
M...eldy    pirate
12/04/2013 at 10:07

I do hope the warm weather is going to blow this rain away by tomorrow !!

12/04/2013 at 11:02
5k in 40mins done. I really am not getting any faster!

Errands to do, oh how I love a day off!
12/04/2013 at 11:43

Afternoon, just. 

After a very quick readback, I think it's

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUBS!!! Hope you have a fantastic day, and let everyone spoil you rotten )) xxxx 

Bon voyage, Sluggie! You should have a brilliant time, Paris is wonderful. But you were right about the bags: two lighter ones win over one that you can't lift, every time!

DL, glad your BD turned out in style in the end 

Nogs, excellent news about the non-injections. You'd do it if you had to, but it's much nicer not! And sounds like youare deffo taking advantage of fave customer's absence to actually get some gardening done, rather than act as a therapist-cum-eg-builder!

Have a great time, Pippi---can't wait to see the pictures, you have such a wonderfully fresh way of seeing the world.

Daffs, I can now imagine you tottling merrily as a fairy???? Well, why not?? 

Melds, sounds like everything is now pointed Lanza-wards!!! Brilliant 

Scuse this being brief, but we got here last night and are busy getting things organised. Important news: thanks for the vibes for C1! It all went well, and no signs of any more trouble  At least as important: the procedure wasn't hard at all. When she was in hozzie before , they couldn't get the gastric tube in so in the end four of them had to hold her down while they rammed it down her nose and throat while she gagged, retched and tried (without success) not to cry. She was terrified of a repeat of that, so told them about it and they tanked her up on the max of painkillers and sedatives and it went well and she doesn't remember a thing 

Vibes would be appreciated tho for C1's bf. He's doing the Marathon des Sables, and while he did well on the first stages (ranking was 78) in the fourth stage he took  a very long time so something has happened but don't know what. He is not showing as abandoned, so we have to wait to see if they allow him to run on Monday. His mum of course is frantic with worry. 

Will pop back later and read back properly. xxx

12/04/2013 at 13:30

Happy Birthday Tubbs

12/04/2013 at 14:52
Good news for C1

~~~~~~Vibes for bf~~~~~

I am cream crackered!
After a 5 mile run we walked to Stiffkey, sat on a bench having our picnic in the drizzle! Then went into the pub for a pint and pudding! And then walked back, 8 miles in total. Just the 4 of us went...

Snooze time!!
12/04/2013 at 15:36

I rested for around a week because I hurt my ankle. Went last night and managed 3 miles in about 27 minutes, it was raining really bad but it was great. I felt really strong this time and stopped without over doing it.

Note: Need a running jacket.

12/04/2013 at 18:15

Ryan - dont get a waterproof running jacket, they keep the sweat inside, get a shower proof, it wont keep you dry (running in rain basically gets you wet) but will give you some protection.

oh chuggs happy that C1 is ok, and the gastro-tube is traumatic for most people, I cant even swallow tablets so that is my worst nightmare.

Nogs -hope the injecting goes ok, I'm sure you'll get used to it. 

Spence - the pubs are going to miss you when you leave!

our neighbour has just had a baby, so I've been round for a cuddle, shes beautiful, its sad they are thinking of moving to a bigger house as they are our only "friends", but they are staying close, and I've enrolled them into running

M...eldy    pirate
12/04/2013 at 18:43

MMmmmmmmmmmmm banananananas and custard 

XB
12/04/2013 at 19:18

I'm home. Wish I wasn't but I am. I love being up there just wandering around spending time with my girls.

I ran every day. Not huge mileage but it's a 40 mile week cos of last Saturday's 21 miler.

Well recruited Snaily.

Hurrah for C1.

M...eldy    pirate
12/04/2013 at 20:06

welcome home XB 

12/04/2013 at 20:30

Thanks Snaily, so would you say that this would be no good? Even for the price?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/run-365-lightweight-hi-viz-jacket-mens-459286?colcode=45928690

M...eldy    pirate
12/04/2013 at 20:33

No point in a jacket .. its nearly summer 

Just get a gilet or something to keep the worst off

12/04/2013 at 20:36

Haha I know, but last night it went torrential! Hope it gets better.

12/04/2013 at 21:58
I'd buy it anyway Ryan. Bloody bargain!
12/04/2013 at 22:29

Well I managed to get that and the gilet version for £10.80. I found a 10% off code online. Thats with postage too!

I went in store today and the cheapest jacket was £10. So I think I did good there.

12/04/2013 at 23:19
WB XB

DD didn't make the pub tonight she was flopped knackered on the landing. Not surprised, she must have covered 20 miles today!!
13/04/2013 at 06:48

morning each.

HL and I clock up 20 years married today.  not much planned as we went out to a lovely Bangladesh restaurant last night.

i need more coffee.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/04/2013 at 07:23

morning

Happy Adversary to the Noggses

What's occuring this weekend in WAISTerland? anything exciting?

13/04/2013 at 07:25

congratulations Noggy,

Off to take my Mrs to the station for her train to Newcastle for the Geordie gathering of her clan.A quiet weekend for me then

Coffee pot NOT on forgot and ran out so calling in shops on way back from station

13/04/2013 at 07:58
Morning. I have not been in this week, didn't want to pass my germs on! Had a horrible cold/cough/feel like death type thing. As had OH so it's not been fun. However over the worst I think.
Supposed to be doing local 10k tomo. Think i will but just take my time.

Eldest son back from his hol today. He's been snowboarding in France. Had a few texts and one call, all mainly describing various injuries....
Picking him up later today

Youngest is going off with a group for a cycle. It's the dad of someone from running. Would be good if he can meet a few people to cycle with.

I am pleased he enjoys it but I worry and wasn't help when I saw nasty accident involving lorry and a bike on way to work

Gorgeous day here. May potter in garden but still not hundred percent so may not!
Enjoy ur days
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.