working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,761 to 216,780 of 238,439 messages
09/04/2013 at 22:38
Thanks Pippi
09/04/2013 at 23:20

Tony had call from Hospital today requesting him to attend monday for treatment so at least he is still on their radar.

Scott is going down to do the London marathon although has not trained for a month on the roads but as it was all booked up thought he would give it a go, before his "bad" leg played up he had been training hard and was trying to get under 2 :30.Anyway Mum and sister are all booked to so it can be just a social weekend..

See xb was in my neck of the woods again must meet up next time he heads this way.

ok off to bed now doing duty driver to station in the morning

night all

10/04/2013 at 07:01
Morning

Westie at lest they have him back in quickly. Hope everything goes ok.

Lol at sharkey, bet he had lots of fun!

Well I headed for the pool, it was heaving, like sardines in a can, so I'm back in my room havin a cuppa. The hotel is v weird. To get to the gym you walk through part if the hotel that is residential (hence the gym being full) never come across that before

A full day if testing a new system ahead of me. Exciting to see it but then I get very bored!

Happy hump day
10/04/2013 at 08:27
Morning

I appear to be in Cardiff. Unsurprisingly I haven't seen the Dragon's invisible bike.

Hope junior Westie gets sorted on Monday.

Haven't read back properly as on teeny, tiny Blackberry but I can surmise there's been some houndie fun and Snaily has survived a night in the big city.

Today I shall mainly be a year older. Woo hoo, a full day meeting, what a lovely way to celebrate.

Happy Wednesday all.
10/04/2013 at 08:39

Morning each,

Good news on the hospital appointment for your son Westie.  

What other areas of our lives would we tolerate appointments made/broken at a whim? 

It's taken me 5 days to get an appointment to see a GP about my hurty leg

Some paid stuff to do now

10/04/2013 at 08:45

Morning All

Happy Birthday Mad One  Are you as old as Westie yet? 

Glad London turned out to be more fun than scary Snaily

~~~~~~~Junior Westie and Noggs~~~~~~~~ the health service has some tremendous positives but perfect it ain't and the whole appointments / waiting lists system seems to be the weak link.

Work again but not a full day - I like holiday working.........mostly!

10/04/2013 at 08:46

PS - Am thinking of leasing Sharkey out to Noggs for his garden business - he's a great digger and only requires a few biscuits to keep his energy levels up!!

10/04/2013 at 08:52

Sorry, had to break off.  HL wanted her mountain bike fettling as she's  off to pilates.

Fave customer is off to Prague this morning so I can get on with some greenhouse work.  She's put loads of crappy pots and indoor plants in the greenhouse over the winter so I binned the lot yesterday.  There'll be tears when she gets back.

I've set up the grow lights so I'll expect a visit from the drug squad sometime soon.

The lawn is in a terrible state after the winter so I'm going to scarify it lightly today - best done whilst she's away as it looks quite harsh and not ideal to do it in the spring.

Anyroadup, that's enough mither from me, have a good un each.

10/04/2013 at 08:54

Podds, I have one destructive, bored dog at fave's place, she's getting a puppy soon

She's one of those that can't look after animals and won't listen to advise.

I'm orf or I'll get the sack.

10/04/2013 at 09:56

You calling my Sharkey destructive and bored????????? 

Hurrrumph  

The problem is that I reckon he has OCD and whatever he does he does compulsively and can't stop be that digging a hole or licking his paw..........  He never touches anything in the house either thank goodness

The problem I think is that I have a cleaning lady, who does very little cleaning, but does come in twice a week at lunchtimes thus saving me or Mr P from having to go home. However to clean the lounge etc she puts the boys out in the garden..........and leaves them to it..........

10/04/2013 at 10:19
Glad to hear he's back in Westie

Sub 2:30 *thud*

So far we have done 10, 8, 6.

And Gin, Barcadi, beer, red wine, white wine
10/04/2013 at 10:20
Oooh Happy Birthday DL .
10/04/2013 at 11:50

morning all

happy birthday DL  don't think you are as ancient as me!

failed to get up for a plod this morning - didn't sleep well, so hopefully go this evening

10/04/2013 at 15:46

Me again, 

Happy Birthday DL

I got on well with the work this morning.  I'm now tracking down suff like Feed, weed and mosskiller, growmore, Danish Oil and some tree and shrub fertiliser called Enmag.  it's the good stuff - about  3 times more potent than Growmore but, of course, 3 times the cost.

Apologies but this stuff is fascinating for me

I'm off to see the doc in a bit about my leg.  It's been painful today and I'm losing feeling in my foot which can't be a good thing.

10/04/2013 at 16:48

Afternoonicles,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DL  I do hope that you find some time for fun today.

Snaily, I'm glad to hear that the Big City turned out a lot less scary than you feared.

(((Noggy's sorely leg))) You are quite correct, numb feet are not what one wants.

Welcome home Pippi, it sounds as if you enjoyed yourself.

It is good to hear that Westie Knr will be getting his peepers fettled soon. It is horrible to get yourself worked up for something painful and then have to do it all over again a few days later .

LOL at Sharkey, I don't suppose that getting the cleaning woman to keep him in would solve the problem either.

A nice quiet day for me, just catching up with some computer stuff etc. Just 2 more sleeps til we go to Gay Paree - and one of those will be a very short sleep

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

10/04/2013 at 16:59

Afternon all. Lurked this morning but no time to post: it's been a day of deep, cleansing breaths to keep hysteria at bay as we heave off to France for 2 weeks tomorrow. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DL!!! I hope you manage to have a proper celebration once you get home. xxx

Love the idea of Sharkey helping Nogs, especially at his fave client's place. Think you could kill a LOT of birds with that one stone! 

Awww, Snaily, glad you are enjoying London. It's a great city. Hope the days' presentations turned out to be more interesting than you anticipate...

Meldy, you are getting rid of shoes????  Oh help, more deep cleansing breaths needed, the end of the world must be nigh! May I just enquire as to why? I mean, surely you could just add an extension if you need more room? Sharkey could help you with the work for the foundations....

Oooh, Sluggie, gay Paree! Trips to Paris, holiday cruises, yep, there's no doubt you were put amongst us humble WAISters to add a bit of tone!  Hope the trip goes very well and you have a brilliant time. 

((((((((((((JFF)))))))))))))

Not surprising you aren't sleeping, but I really do hope things will get better for you soon. xxx

Westie, good that Tony at least won't have wasted his trip to the UK, but it's a shame he'll have to nerve himself up all over again. Hope it all goes well. 

(((((((((Tony and family)))))))))

And as for Scott...well, naturally he would just toss off a 2.30 marathon on no training. As you do! Bliddy brilliant. 

Today has been a blur of changing bed, washing clothes, cleaning the fridge, packing etc etc. C2 came to lend a hand; he'll pop in often while we're away, which is good. C3 is safely back in Exeter. I'll prolly pack the laptop fairly soon so excuse the predictable belch if I look in later on the iPad. 

Vibes would be appreciated for C1, who has her gastroscopy tomorrow. We hope it will show that there are no more ulcers. Fingers crossed. xxx

10/04/2013 at 17:08
~~~~~~~~~~~~C1~~~~~~~~~~~~

(((((Nogs dead foot)))) hope you been to the Quackers!

Lovely and sunny here
Beautiful day in Holt looking at shops and Blakeney walking
10/04/2013 at 18:40
Hope C1 gets on ok

Happy birthday DL

Pretty good day testing a new system though been locked in a room all day is horrible when you just want some fresh air. We're now off the pub for tea and everyone thinks I'm odd that I want to walk the 30mins rather than get a taxi, but I just need to walk!
10/04/2013 at 18:40

Docs, done and dusted.

She says I'm going to die but not just yet.

Superficial Thrombophlebitis. Probably no blood clot but I may have to inject my leg for a couple of weeks.

I've never given an injection, I'm not sure why but I was surprised when I realised that.

It's still hurty but should clear up on by itself in time.

10/04/2013 at 19:12

Poor you Nogs! Sounds unpleasant ...

Good news - Mr P has made an appointment to take his hurty knee to doctors! He said this while walking well but uncomfortably last week. Then it went very painful as he was driving home, so we swapped drivers (i.e. me and him!) at the services. It's been awful ever since, so I'm rather glad to know he had made some sort of a decision before.

Holiday news ... you can wait till I've written up my Pennine Way blog - though when that'll be anyone knows!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.