working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,781 to 216,800 of 242,742 messages
13/04/2013 at 09:10
Morning

Well done Mrs Noggs for surviving 20 yrs!

It's persisting down here so not sure if a plod is on the cards or not. But we are going slab shopping. Oh the excitement!
13/04/2013 at 09:12
20 years is porcelain Noggs, you could buy her a new coffee cup!
XB
13/04/2013 at 09:43

Congratulations Nogging; commiserations Mrs Noggs.

I've just won some tickets to go and see some folk acts at the local venue tonight. Hurrah.

I had a shock this morning. I set out on a wee run in horrible mist but by the time I got to the riverbank, the sun had broke through and it was...warm. Scary times.

13/04/2013 at 11:20
Thank you for my birthday wishes :0) Lovely day :0) don't really do presents with each other, we put what we would have spent in the Travel kitty :0) Gorgeous cards especially nana ones off Mini Tubs and Jnr's partners little boy who is very much part of our family too. He'd written: to nana, thank you for loving me. Reduced me to tears!

Great news about C1 :0)

Congratulations Noggs and Mrs Noggs :0)

Off to help friend at dressage today then helping at the comp tomorrow, so this weekend is horses, horses and more horses :0)

(((( waisters )))))
13/04/2013 at 12:32

Morning All

Pleasant enough day here today for once - fingers crossed it stays that way tomorrow for the hound gathering

Glad to hear good news for C1 and congrats to the noggssessessess

Dragon Lady - Brighton mara this weekend so a lot of the southern softies / VLM rejects will be heading down for a weekend of gay abandon   Not going myself although had the chance via both clubs but I'd be suprised if that there Meldy wasn't going down to support as there is usually a pirate gathering there....

Bath now following very gentile pootle on bike.........

13/04/2013 at 12:33
Afternoon!

We're home

Congrats Noggin

Hope you feel better soon Amandax !
Ahh Tubbs how lovely

I'm shattered!! 4 miles before we left and then long drive...first load of
washing in!!

Total miles for the week 33
Rather pleased with that considering the amount of food and booze!!
13/04/2013 at 14:13

wow spence thats excellent

Its piddling down here, think we are going to be flooded again

13/04/2013 at 15:25

Good work Spence.

Ta for the good wishes,  as i said earlier, we're not doing much today, just chilling and lolloping.  It's just started raining so I have an excuse for doing nowt.

Had a great chat with Jnr and the two grandsons in NZ this morning.  The eldest grandson has had a few comments at school about our family name so jnr has spent some time explaining what it means and the family history (such as it is) back to The Vikings.

The kids are so happy that they are descended from Viking warriors.  There are many parallels between the Vikings and The Maori, which gives the stories a nice connection.

M...eldy    pirate
13/04/2013 at 18:13

Evening all 

Planned long ride didn't happen as I appeared to be held hostage by my bed....  but I did run 14 miles as penance and it was my best run yet so I am very pleased and will do my long bike on tuesday instead!

13/04/2013 at 20:27
Hello

Congrats Noggs n HL although you would get less for murder;-)

Happy burfdee DL n tubbs. Surely that means I am owed two lots of cake

Awww, , how sweet you love spending time with your girls. I'm assuming that includes Mrs XB.

Good news that C1 didn't find the procedure traumatic that she has a clean bill of health

Glad your bed released you eventually, m...eldy. You must have been very norty if that is your penance.

*waves hanky n sobs* sniffs. I missed the sluggs bon voyage.

What's in a name eh, noggin the nogg? Sadly smith just doesn't cut the mustard;-)

Hound gathering, Podds? How hoobacious How many will there be?

nuffin doing here. Have sorted my love life n now free n single even if I'm not young. Buddha club, cycle n vino here today. Tomorrow is a wimmins group cycle. Only going to support chum who is organising it. An excuse for cam if nothing else
M...eldy    pirate
13/04/2013 at 20:30

Sounds like you have life sorted Yums 

Podds was indeed right and I am off to Brighton tomorrow, after my mamouth sleep today I hope I can sleep tonight !!

13/04/2013 at 20:41

Not sure Yums - if everyone who's expressed an interest could be 25 or 30 houndies but to be honest we'll be happy with a dozen or so....although if we contribute 6 ourselves I guess that is cheating!!

The idea is for a generic meet up with a little walk thrown in and then coffee at the Fayreness - if the weather is as it was this morning we should be able to sit outside......if it's like it is currently we're going to be very soggy!!  Ideally it will be come a regular thing for local hounds

Have a good day Melds and give any pirates I know a good luck hug from me will you?  I have no idea at all who piraty is actually taking part   And do try to behave yourself afterwards

13/04/2013 at 20:42
I'm catching up with last weeks Syndicate!

Glad you got your life sorted Yummity!
13/04/2013 at 21:14

wish my life was sorted - * sighs *

M...eldy    pirate
13/04/2013 at 21:17

am watching 'Walking Through History' all through the Weald of Kent and East Sussex, lovely Kent castles and scenery !

Podds, hundreds of the buggers (pirate, not hounds!)

13/04/2013 at 21:50

Mick! I was thinking about you just the other day, and wondering how you were getting on. How are you now? Have you fully recovered from all the health issues? And how are Phil and Mrs Mick? Come on in, stranger, pull up a chair and tell us everything!

Aw, Melds, you must have needed that sleep. It's good for you! Hope tomorrow is a blast. 

Podds, there must be some special word to describe a bunch of hounds---you know, like a gaggle of gease or a flock of sheep or (my fave) an exaltation of larks. Whaddaya reckon it is???

Yums, good on ya. 'Sorting' is not always easy, but in the long run it's better than letting things go in a direction that they can't really go. Hope you have a nice time tomorrow supporting: just as much sociability as you want, and no more. 

XB, good to have you back. Wandering with your girls does sound like a lovely way to spend time!

Spence, that was a VERY good week! And miles done under the influence of lots of food and drink count double, you know 

Congratulations to their Nogginesses! Twenty years is something to celebrate 

Tubs, glad you had the BD you deserved. And as for Jnr's partners's son----what a perfectly lovely thing for him to write to you!! xxx

((((((((Amandax and OH)))))))

Hope the lurgy leaves you suddenly during the night so you can enjoy that 10 k. Oh, and fingers crossed that your younger one meets some cycling pals. Any mum will understand why!

Weather here has totally flipped. Instead of the pouring rain they've had for the last month, today we shot from February into May in one go---totally fab spring day, bright sun, blue skies, we were in culture shock after months and months of cold, dark, parched. So a busy day here: quick trip into the village to get some bedding plants, then the rest of the day gardening---7 hours weeding on hands and knees. Fab. But all that fresh air is making me sleepy, so nighty night all. xxxx

13/04/2013 at 23:19
Night chuggs gorgeous weather here but i spent most of it shut up in meetings. Had an interview for voluntary position i've been waiting months for (because, like, i thought i didn't have enough going on in life already...) had to go through several levels of screening and now finally just (!) need to wait for crb check exciting stuff

Just had lovely evening drinking sloe gin with friends and now on bus home very much looking forward to sunny day and a spot of gardening and a bike ride tomorrow (goodness, i sound like noggs!)

Glad you've extracated yourself yums meant to say i've not booked stratford hotel but happy to share with someone nice for cheeriness and cost saving (if anyone wants me, of course!!)
14/04/2013 at 00:02
I appear to be on a train and I'm not even working!
14/04/2013 at 07:29

good morning each.

a bike ride planned here too Daffs.

DL, are you a train driver?

coffee?

14/04/2013 at 07:47
Morning!

Tea please!
Where you off to DL!?

I've got that Sunday evening feeling and it's not even evening

Still meeting up with H so that'll cheer me up
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.