M...eldy    pirate
10/04/2013 at 19:28

Chuggs ... never fear, they've not gone yet 

Happy Birthday to the barking one ... celebrate with a train ride

Noggs,never given or never received??

Long swim and long run for me followed by a mushroom & tommie omelette

work & dentist tomorrow  

10/04/2013 at 20:28

Melds, i had a few injections but never dished one out. not sure why I'm surprised by that but it does seem a gap in my CV.

I was thinking of a trip on the Orient Express as a treat for DL too.

M...eldy    pirate
10/04/2013 at 20:35

I do hope you are not looking for willing volunteers !!

10/04/2013 at 20:53

no, you're all quite safe, i'll just need to do my own leg should the doc think it's necessary.

10/04/2013 at 21:18

Nearly too late but have a good one DL

Noggy hope the leg clears up soon believe the weather will be great next week for spinning some wheels.

Just to clear things up Scott will not get near breaking 2:30 as training was all screwed up. His Marathon PB is 2 :34 and he managed that after damaging his leg nerve and was trying to see if he could put the miles in to improve that time but has found it can't take the pounding on roads. He will be trying to get back to what he loves doing and that is trail running.

Good luck with the tooth man in the morning M..eldy.

11/04/2013 at 00:46
Eek Nogs couldn't do that to myself!

J and I have been knocking back the red wine and chewing the cud, there has been daught issues this evening (hers not mine) which always seem to occur at some point whilst we're away
11/04/2013 at 04:18
and the result from too much red wine and cheese!?

Wide bloody awake!
11/04/2013 at 07:19

Morning each,

Spence, the demon drink (and even more demonic cheese) has a lot to answer for.

I took a glass last night and have had a broken night and a headache to show for it.  

We've cut back on drinking a helluva lot and seldom touch the stuff in the week.  I seem to have become e real cheap date.

Another day, or part , at fave's place.  I want to get as much as possible sorted whilst she's away.  Today is grass cutting, dividing perennials, pruning and cutting back - plus some greenhouse work.

It's good to be working unfettered.

11/04/2013 at 08:16
Chuck us some of the perennials Nogs, good sturdy ones please! DD has wrecked our garden!

Morning

Mr Spence has delivered tea & toast
He's off for a brisk one down to the sea he gets a bit frustrated how long it takes to get sorted to get out in the mornings.
M...eldy    pirate
11/04/2013 at 08:42

Good morning tribe

I have had 4 coffees already this morning  

Boing  

11/04/2013 at 08:47

Morning all, you are doing well M...eldy only on my second cup .

11/04/2013 at 08:51
Well can one of you deliver my second cup!?

Pretty please
11/04/2013 at 09:02

Morning,

Spence wrote (see)
Well can one of you deliver my second cup!?

Pretty please

Nah, you can get it yerself

Says she who has brekkie in bed nearly every day .

(((C1))) I hope that the scope goes well and that there are no more ulcers. I also hope that she agreed to have someone stay with her overnight!

Snaily, I am not surprised that you felt the need for some fresh air after being cooped up inside all day.

(((JFF))) I hope that things at w*rk soon improve.

(((Noggy))) sounds ouchy! Giving injections is dead easy - although I have never been keen on the idea of sticking needles into myself! I hope that things settle down without you needing to turn yourself into a pin cushion.

(((Mr Pippi))) I hope that knee is soon sorted out.

I must admit to being slightly relieved to learn that Scott cannot just do a 2.30 mara on zero training! I am also very glad to hear that it is just the road running that causes problems and not his beloved trails.

Lots to do today - starting with a play session with The Great Alfonzo, who is currently being an acrobat on top of the bannisters...

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

11/04/2013 at 09:58

Sorry have to post this just stumbled on it thought very funny and mum reminds me of a WAister lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX_K4mNTTI8

11/04/2013 at 10:12
Morning all

Thanks for the birthday wishes. OH made me a nice meal with a little help from Marks and Spencer's. I also attempted to have a glass of wine. However new-rotic cat was on my lap at this point and got herself completely spooked. She managed to spill the wine all over herself and the carpet and break the glass. Tried to catch her to dry her off but she hid under the table and licked herself clean. Cue jokes about drunk wet pussies. I also have some very fetching go faster stripes on my arm where she launched herself.

Noggy - hope you don't have to inject yourself. I know many people choose to do this for recreational purposes, I suspect you're not one of them.

Respect to jnr Westie who is just popping down to do a slow London marathon. Last year I decided that 2.5 hours was pushing it a little too and settled for about double that.

Sorry, started opting ages ago then got called away by work. Posting now before I completely lose the plot.

Happy Thursday all
11/04/2013 at 10:36
Lol Westie!!

That ain't me I'm afraid!
11/04/2013 at 12:01
Belated Happy Birthday DL :0) Hope the tipsy pussy has sobered up :0)

~~~~~~~Junior Westie and Noggs~~~~~~~~ the health service has some tremendous positives but perfect it ain't and the whole appointments / waiting lists system seems to be the weak link.

Can I add continuity of care - lack of, to that please? 10 yrs and 7 yrs post ops I'm still being told that despite continued deterioration in my sight I "need to wait til things have settled down" and they won't do anything about my cataracts until I can't see!

((( Jnr Westie )))

(((( waisters ))))
11/04/2013 at 14:28

Well, that's good mornings effort in the greenhouse.  All customers carp finally binned, more plants potted on, seed trays filled.  I've set the growlights to come on for 8 hours a day and I can keep the house at 61F, that should kick things off nicely.

100 kgs of lawn feed,weed has arrived so that's a job for tomorrow.

I have a fewjobs to do here then will decide if a bike ride is in order.

Oh, had a phone call from the doc, I don't need to worry about injections.  Hurrah.

Love the ad Westie

11/04/2013 at 17:55
Excellent news noggs!

Glad you had a suitably DL-esque birthday

Finally got to the end of my three 12 hour days in a row - hooray! Coming to something when i have to pop in here for a bit of sanity!

Might have an impromptu theatre trip ojn the way home. Flute teacher is playing a fairy in a theatre i've never been to. First though, a CV and a one page description of my new potential project that even you lot can understand
M...eldy    pirate
11/04/2013 at 18:11

Blimey Daffs ... that must be really simple   

I have been to the dentist, I have a treatment plan which involves a lot of numbers and a temporary filling over my root canal gap ..... a bonded crown is on the list of things to do after Lanza

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.