working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,781 to 216,800 of 235,328 messages
29/03/2013 at 21:30
Have a fab time Westie

Take a pic of Hamish Macbeth's house for me !
29/03/2013 at 21:36

evening

take it easy cheesy dont want you to get injured

Dl enjoying the running again

oh what fun we've had today curtain shopping, stuck in tourist traffic to dunelm, bit of a domestic choosing said curtains, decided on a pair, purchased, home again stuck in more tourist traffic, realised we'd bought the wrong size, repeated traffic jam, dunelm didnt have the right size, queue another domestic trying to pick alternatives, purchased, repeat traffic jam, put pole up, one side was wonkey, realised we hadnt got any curtain hooks, trip to local store stuck in traffic, realised we hadnt got enough curtain rings, shops now closed, curtains up in a fashion.  That took ALL BLOODY DAY

Then cleaned the house.

no running 

hopefully tomorrow, friend is down for a few days, will try to get a run in before then.  Oh arent bank holidays fun!!!

29/03/2013 at 21:40
Gawd Snaily that sounds a complete nightmare!!
29/03/2013 at 21:40
Gawd Snaily that sounds a complete nightmare!!
29/03/2013 at 21:41
Oh!?

It's a double mare!
29/03/2013 at 22:04

worthy of the repeat!!!  It drove me to drink

Tomorrow have to tackle ASDA, going early to avoid the holiday makers. I'm trying not to stress about not getting a run in, just try and fit one in where possible. 

29/03/2013 at 22:08
Don't stress about it, if you manage one great, if you don't you don't!
Plenty of time!
29/03/2013 at 22:16

Oh Westie - your daughter is practically Mr P's twin........he's 48 tomorrow!!

Tell me about it Snaily - holiday weekend and I was trying to get through Dover during the Great British Getaway............added to all the usual freight traffic   Managed to keep my sanity by having a "school disco" CD on and singing (NB the sound produced does not actually count as singing for trade descriptions purposes!) at the top of my voice

Oh and near domestics here...

Me: (to OH and mother) - what are you going to do tomorrow (they know I have premade plans)

Mr P: don't know.......I'm on holiday.........probably something you'll disapprove of.....

Damn near clocked him one

30/03/2013 at 04:30
Tee hee podds enjoy yourself!

What kind of ridiculous hour of the day is this anyway??!
30/03/2013 at 05:19
Still spam-o-clock i see
30/03/2013 at 07:16
Oh dear Daffs! Did you get back to sleep!?
Morning

In bed, so if anyone's making tea...
30/03/2013 at 07:18

Morning Daffs   Where you off to so early?

More bleedin' snow this morning........... but not settling so just enough to make the roads potentially slippery.........   Trying to find out if the club bike ride is on or not as they meet about 15 miles south of here and our weather is so localised due to being silly little knob sticking out into the sea!!

30/03/2013 at 07:27
Morning. Also in bed needing tea and contemplating getting up to park run. However am racing Monday so not sure it's sensible. Well that's my excuse!

Had nice day with sis in law and kids yesterday. 4yr old nephew kept us all entertained. Drove back via bbc tv centre so we could see it before its ruined.

Ate loads rubbish and then I wonder why I'm not shifting the weight!
30/03/2013 at 07:38
No sleep for me, on a train to london (again) to have a day playing with the london symphony orchestra!! Trying to doze on train but far too over excited

Pah to snow podds my friend is meant to be doing a parachute jump this mornibg - already postponed several times because of weather and defective planes. Think she won't be impressed if they cancel again!
30/03/2013 at 07:40
Have a wonderful day Daffs!
30/03/2013 at 08:42

Have a good un Daffs. Are you auditioning?

A day filled with being GD's costume manager at Dance Academy.  HL has taken her to the studio, I'm about to go and take over.

I get to drink coffee, eat cake, read the paper and chat to the mums. I also get to chat for a few seconds with one of GD's teachers , she is young,fit and pretty (why is there no emoticon of a man dribbling?)

I may get a turbo ride in later - we have a party to go to tonight so time is a bit tight.

Play nice.

30/03/2013 at 09:10
Well didn't park run. 1- flakes of white stuff, 2- Achilles feels quite stiff and niggly, 3- cba!
However I am in bed reading a running magazine and looking up what time gym and pool are open today so I will do something!
30/03/2013 at 09:12
Put your tongue away noggs

Sadly/fortunately i'm not auditioning - it's a 'playday' thing where you can come and play with them for a day and there's a little informal concert at tge end. Done a couple with other orchestras but not this one. Good fun although a bit scary!
30/03/2013 at 09:30
I was about to get up when I realised Frasier is on in half hour so I'm back in bed with tea and a hot cross bun

Will trot a couple of miles with dawgie at 10.....ish

Nog, put that tongue away!!
30/03/2013 at 12:25

Golly! Where is everyone!?

I have run

1:4 miles with the boy flavoured one  How bliddy fantastic is that!!?

He came home' I collected DD and we did another couple

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.