working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,801 to 216,820 of 234,431 messages
30/03/2013 at 13:43

Afternoon,

It is great to hear WAISTers enjoying time with their offspring (and grandchildren!).

Daffy, that sounds great - no wonder you are excited! I have a friend who is doing some workshops with Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra with a concert at the end. It sounds like a similar scheme - and he is similarly excited.

Have fun Pippi. I will stay here in the warm and keep an eye on the thread for you.

Am I the only person who was rather concerned at the thought of Chuggy 'squitting hard' on her bike?! I hope that you have a lovely weekend with the Chuggy menfolk around you. Has C1 had her gastroscopy yet?

MS is at work but this is the only day of the weekend that he is. This evening we are going over to my Thursday man's place for dinner, tomorrow we are going here with my bff and her hubby. We had planned to go on Monday but then discovered that entrance if free tomorrow . The temp here has reached the dizzying height of +6C - I don't think I will put the thermal away just yet!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

30/03/2013 at 14:25

sounds a lovely weekend Sluggie

I'm waiting on H popping in for a cuppa not seen her for yonkers

I've got tickets to a Q&A evening with David Walsh

30/03/2013 at 14:30

Afternoon All

LOL Sluggie - I noticed Chuggy's squits but was too polite to mention them!

Our newbie bike session for new riders went very well - well if you don't count riding in snow, strong winds, one clipped in faller and rather slow with many stops as being an issue!! 

It was well worth it though to hear one lady at the end say how proud she was of herself as she hadn't ridden in decades and wasn't very good at doing new things with people she didn't know so well off her own bat

Just about thawed out now in time for a quick bath before off swimbling.......no peace for the wicked but at least the snow seems to have stopped for the time being

Stay warm one and all

30/03/2013 at 17:37

Gd has gone home.  The girls puts together a show for us parents/oldies.  They did a few bits from The Wizard Of Oz.  One of the older girls has a really good voice - GD had a solo too.

HL and I are fettling mind and body ready for a party tonight.  I've booked a cab to come home at midnight as we're both a bit second hand at the mo.

Although I have done a basic cruise interval turbo session this afternoon

30/03/2013 at 19:18
Well done for being inspirational podds! Good on you and well done noggs and granddaughter too

Good running there spence!

Fab day here exactly the same kind of thing as your friend sluggy and great fun bit of a shame the friend i invited to the concert didn't turn up with no explanation though suspect my 4.30am start will catch up with me at some point in this train journey...
30/03/2013 at 21:13
Golly tis quiet!

Glad you had fun Daffs
31/03/2013 at 02:38
Morning

((((daffy)))))) pay to uh unreliable friends.

Don't make too much noise in the morning.....
31/03/2013 at 07:23
Morning from plockton .very nice up here im not very good with this phone still just send ((((((((()))))))for those in need
31/03/2013 at 07:52

OI YUMS,

Tee hee.

I can't be too smug as HL and I have caught headaches off someone at the party last night.

It was a nice do, there was a police connection so i bumped into a few ex colleagues.  I can't understand it, they've all got older and fatter whereas, I have stayed exactly the same as I was 45 years ago

Coffee is on and I'm hunting down the paracetemol for HL's bonce.

31/03/2013 at 08:22
Morning. Hope you all adjusted your clocks.

Gorgeous blue sky here. Going to swim this morning. Would love to run but got 10k tomo and don't want to push Achilles.

Mum, dad and a friend for dinner later.
And maybe bit of Easter egg eating!!
31/03/2013 at 09:56
Snigger, Noggs funny how others change over the years and we dont- have noticed that myself;-)

I didn't even have a hall pass from Podds last night;-)

Have a fab day, mandax. Any chance of sharing your blue sky?

There was an anomaly in the space time continuum on Thursday as I ran 4 miles:O
Lads home soon then lunch with olds later. Then a week off

What have I missed?
31/03/2013 at 10:11

don't think I didn't notice you sneaking back in at all hours young Yums

*looks sternly over her glasses at Yums*

are you going to tell us what wild party you were at?

I'm about to jump in the shower as I too have run *shudder* and it is still feckin cold out there......

I have also been mugging greyhounds as in two weeks time my friend and I are organising a RGT greyhound walk and are trying to gather all the local houndies together for a walk from our local dog friendly hotel (They Fayreness Yums) followed by coffee and mutual hound admiration

31/03/2013 at 10:31
I'm still in bed
31/03/2013 at 11:12
Ooh a hound posse, Podds, how hoobacious and knowing hounds when they get together a great advert for them

Clearly you weren't working hard enough if you are still cold after you run, Podds

No pardee, just chewing the cud with pal who has the bonkers podenco dog. Few vinos n time flies. Mrs Dawg has been visiting a chum with me. Chum has a jack Russell Scottie cross n jack Russell westie cross. Mrs dawg was fantastic as was the Scottie. The westie went for Mrs dawg several times and Mrs dawg tried to run away.......on laminate but bravo Mrs d cos she didn't try to eat either
31/03/2013 at 11:16
Ahh poor Mrs Dawg

I'm still in bed! Made the mistake of starting to watch the Corrie omnibus, tis very exciting!!
31/03/2013 at 12:09
Oh thank goodness, Spence, I thought that I had missed my chance
*snuggles under the duvet*
31/03/2013 at 12:16
No probs Yums !
Just bring another cuppa with you!!
31/03/2013 at 18:38

Happy Easter WAISTers! Just had my second roast lunch of the weekend - it's going to be a real struggle to fit any chocolate in!

31/03/2013 at 22:08

Thnk I'm just barely in time to wish everyone Happy Easter! Bizzy times here, with church this morning (packed out, lots of music), Tante Kit here, visit to Leiden to admire C2's flat and wander around (with stops for lunch and, later, coffee), then walking Rossie and putting out cold buffet. Really lovely cozy family evening watching an old Poirot

HBD to Mr Podds and Miss Westie!

Podds, gold star for running in these temperatures. The March average here was 2.6 C---normal March average is 6.4 C But it MUST get to be spring soon now, don't you think?

31/03/2013 at 22:26

Evenink,

Just about in time to wish HBD to Mr P and Westess

Well run to those who have - mind you, it is one way of warming up!

Well partied Noggy. Midnight is more than late enough for me when I am on top form, never mind feeling off colour .

Sounds like a very bizzy day Chuggy, but a nice one too. It is great that you are able to spend some time with Tante Kit.

Daffy, I am glad that you had fun - but Pah to 'friends' who let you down .

We had a nice evening with thursday Man and a nice day with friends. It is a little unfair to refer to 'bff and her husband' as I adore him too. In fact, I met him before he had met her and we have always flirted outrageously with each other .

Have had a call from SM to wish us 'Happy New Year' . It transires that she does know whether it is Christmas or Easter but, due to the stroke, she cannot find the correct word. Got me worried for a while though!

Alfie rather likes the lighter evenings and had to be co-erced inside at 10pm. He has done a couple of circuits of the lounge and had to admit that he cannot get out through the air brick . I have to stay up in order to book aquagym for Monday 8th , but at least I don't have to be up early tomorrow .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxxxxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.