working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,921 to 216,940 of 229,778 messages
Nog
05/04/2013 at 08:09

Bloody hell Tubs, that was a week to remember, and not in a good way.

Hope the houndie is OK and that you're all not too traumatised.

Nog
05/04/2013 at 08:42

A day or two back I mentioned a painful calf.  I'm pretty sure it's inflamed varicose veins.  I have my flight sock, Iboprofen and aspirin so I hope it settles soon.

05/04/2013 at 08:48
Morning

Wow Tubs, scary indeed. Glad to hear though all is well.

((((((((Snaunty, Mr Thursday and daughter, WINs, relevant friends, family and pets))))))

What are baby muscles called? I think I might have some. Have been out running again this morning (I know!) and bits of my legs hurt. I'm hoping it's reawakening muscle tone, if not it's likely that my legs might break and fall off later today.

Daffers - what were you doing up at silly o'clock this morning?

Happy drive to Norfolk Spence, the weight of all those pants might just slow you down though.

Yums- you've got to come to Stratty. You're one of the early, retro WAISTErs, and everyone knows retro is in.

Happy not so Good Friday, but as we know every Friday is still good
05/04/2013 at 08:50
Sorry Noggy - missed your vein there (((((())))).
XB
05/04/2013 at 08:58

Crikey Noggs, that sounds ouchy. Heal quickly.

Musclettes?

Have a fab holiday, Spence.

It was a good job that you were at home, Tubbs.

05/04/2013 at 09:17
Oooh, Noggs veins are throbbing....... Steady there ol fella

Morning
05/04/2013 at 09:34
TGIF! I shall be glad to see the back of this week!

((( Noggs veins )))) ouch!

(((DL's muscles - perhaps they're going through the terrible twos, hence the pain! ))))

((( Snaunty ))))

(((( Thursday Man's daughter ))))

((((Anyone I have missed or who would like one ))))

Blue is much much better. We are kicking ourselves for not realising he could get into the cupboard where we'd put the Easter eggs. He'd also managed to ge into the cupboard under the stairs and had eaten the remains of a bag of kitten food. All our food, and Oskars is now in wall cupboards. Blue's is in a large purpose built container with a lockable lid and we gave up on having a bin in the house a long time ago! he is a very determined thief. He also broke the pot from the Slow cooker, it was right at the back of the work top but he still managed to knock it over.

(((( waisters ))))
05/04/2013 at 09:44

Morning All

((((Tubbs)))))) Crikey - what a week and certainly a birthday to remember for Mr Tubbs!!  Glad to hear Blue is on the mend now

((WIN and friends and rellies))

Abandoned all ideas of dog walking as once again we have lashing rain (at least not snow finally) and a howling onshore gale....... Quite frankly CBA to do anything it's so damn miserable - and I've been off all week and having to entertain Mother Podds in all indoor stuff as even bundling up to go to other indoor places has no attraction

Stupid bl**dy weather

My time off is valuable and rare and this week has been a right waste - mutter mutter moan moan........

Best I go off and slap myself to at least drop the miseries........glad I'm not training for anything (ignores sprint tri in about a month's time )

05/04/2013 at 10:01

Morning

eek! Tubbs, saw the photo on FB well scary! Rather glad we don't have a mantel, just brick! Glad all was ok. and poor Blue, norty dawgie !!

((((Nogs veins)))

(((DL's legs))))

The boy is off for the day with mates to the Severn Valley Railway

I've got a list of jobs!! eek a bit behind!

05/04/2013 at 10:17

morning, so far I've Ran, had a row with MrS, tried to sort out our rental agent who seem to be taking random money from us, push washer on, stuck in traffic on the way in work, dealt with 3 complaints.  Is it hometime yet!

Ran 5k (and a bit) in 39mins, it was bloody freezing, but I enjoyed being out once I was actually out the door.

Flippin eck Tubs, will you have to get rid of your mantel?

*Slap* your welcome podds.

DL really hope your leg doesnt drop off   Your could borrow Noggs socks to hold them together!

And now I have a million things to do, so better get on it.

05/04/2013 at 11:04
Back from vet. Nothing dramatic like Blue. Bless the north boy. No wonder he felt ruff...... And I wouldn't expect to find wood anywhere near a fireplace, Tubbs!

See you're getting you Stratty excuses in early, DL

Awww, Podds, not surprised you feel cheated over your time off. I mean, all that training time ruined by the weather.......... Snigger

Well plodded, snaily

Me an elder WAISTer? How very dare you;-) Agreed I have been round the track a few times
05/04/2013 at 13:20

as long as you are young at heart Yums!!!

05/04/2013 at 15:49
Crikey! This getting ready for hollibobs is knackering!

I'm SO looking forward to having company; other than DD of course, when I run
05/04/2013 at 16:19

The DG has just disgraced himself by saying some very rude words to a big macho male labbie when we were out just now..........luckily the owner didn't get too stroppy about it!  The DG did however get some stern words and a smack - I do not believe in tolerating bad manners in my dogs!!

05/04/2013 at 16:24
Oh dear norty DG!
We met a fluffy 14week old Springer yesterday called Alfie
05/04/2013 at 17:33

oh norty DG

today I have not stopped eating, dont know whats wrong with me, and thinking about it I am actually hungry, think I have worms!!!!

but oh look, its the weekend, woohoo   off homeski

05/04/2013 at 19:01

Evening all,

Tubbs, so glad to see all is ok with everyone and Blue. What a week you have had indeed.

(((((((all Waisters))))))))))) cos I have not read back (all several months of it) so have no idea who needs what. Just take ((()))) as needed

Same crappy weather here as everywhere else.  I just can't wait for the sunshine that we may or may not get, depending on which forcast we watch. I am seriously craving some nice weather.  Feeling stir crazy, as I am sure everyone else must be too.

Emmerdale calls but I will try to pop in more often (how often have I had to say that??) but I will.

And roll on the weekend

05/04/2013 at 20:21
Another day of sunshine but packing up to drive home in the morning .
What a brilliant week with the family have some good photos to bore you all with pity can't do from the phone (((((())))))
05/04/2013 at 22:22
Glad to hear you've had a lovely time Westie look forward to the photos

Good to see you Larry how's Stanley doing!?

Might not get in before we hit Norfolk tomorrow but will be able to keep up this year as I have my iPod

10 mile run is on the cards when we arrive
The men then have permission to go to the pub whilst J and I get pissed
Sorry no, the men can go to the pub whilst we do dinner
Which I have mostly already done

(((((WIN)))))
M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 00:33

Evening all ... gets later and later !

I have been busy tho, thats my excuse and now I am at w8rk for the rest of the night

Managed to go swimming at lunchtime and then managed to sit and chat over coffee til almsot 3 and then I had the 3rd of my 4 Run Technique sessions which is all very interesting and hopefully will do some good in the long run (pun intended) 

So I now have 3 night shifts to enjoy which means by the time me and the GPO emerge some time on Monday afternoon spring may well have arrived!

Lovely to see larry popping by, no matter how infrequently you manage it it is nice to know you are still thinking of us

Noggs, look after those veins of yours, flight socks dont have a very good degree of compression so you may need some proper aferlete ones like what I have !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.