working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,941 to 216,960 of 233,570 messages
06/04/2013 at 07:43

Morning each,

Lazza, good to hear from you again.  Stir crazy indeed, we're all fed up with winter.

Melds, the compression socks I have are the biz,very robust, I think they may even be bulletproof.  They're made of the same material as HL's 'No Score draws'.  

The pain has eased a bit so I'm able to get on with stuff, training is on hold for a while though. I have an appoinment next Wednesday to see the Doc.

I have a bit of paid stuff to do over the weekend.  Oh, my 'fave' customer is off on holiday from next Wednesday so I'll be able to get on  in peace whilst she's away. Hurrah.

Yet more coffee is needed.

06/04/2013 at 07:49

Oooooh, just read on Facebook that Jnr in NZ did 3 hours for a tough 100k yesterday.

Like me, he's a bit large for a cyclist, certainly for going up hills.  I think he got the good genes.

06/04/2013 at 08:07
Morning

*admires Noggs stockings* *wolf whistles*

Waves to larry good to see you, sweetie

Well swumbled n run techniqued, m....eldy

Well done noggs jnr. He must have been inspired by you, Noggs

Oh heck, Spence will be at the cooking sherry Lock up anyone of the age of consent;-)

Off to fruitbowl match with no 2 least the wind has dropped. The boys have a step sister as of yesterday
06/04/2013 at 10:06

Morning all. I wouldn't say it's warm, but for the first time in months Mr C didn't have to tip half an inch of ice off the birdbath. Hope it's a good sign!

Westie, sounds like you had a fab time---can't wait to see the photos! But the fires on Skye sound terrible, happily they seem to have been put out now. Hard to imagine after last year, but we need rain!

Sluggie, what a very worrying time for Thursday man. Your knowledgeable and comforting presence will make all the difference to him. I hope they manage to get things dealt with quickly, the waiting must be very tough on his and his daughter.

((((((TM, daughter and Sluggie))))))))))

Melds, with the training you're putting in, and the conditions you're doing it in, the IM is going to feel like a walk in the park by the time you get there! (Which may not be much comfort now, of course....)

Snaily, Podds is right. If you are now being asked to do the work of three people you deffo need a) a clear agreement with your boss about your priorities so you don't get completely overloaded and b) more money. Put it in writing in the first instance and ask for a discussion. Otherwise you will wind up hideously overloaded and underpaid (again!). (Remember a discussion about priorities is really about what you are NOT going to do!) So glad your sis is on the case with Snaunty---no wonder the poor lady is finding it hard to think positive by now! But hopefully she will start to feel better, and a bit of sunshine will help too. 

((((((((((((((Snaily and Snaunty)))))))))))))

Tubs, that first was terrifying. I never thought about there being wood in the fireplace. Definitely not the birthday present Mr Tubs deserved! As for Blue, at least it proves he's a high=class animal. One day Rossie managed to get into a whole bowl of foil-wrapped chocolate eggs. The eggs were decimated, there was foil all over the floor, but despite my fears she showed no ill effects! Good, solid peasant dog, Ross!

DL, good to hear that you're out chugging again. We knew it wouldn't be long 

Podds, you have been noble. After a couple of days, house guests can deffo get heavy on the hand, however much you love them, and when the weather is carp and you're trapped inside it IS difficult. But must mean a lot to her to be with you so you get a big gold star. 

Larry!! How wonderful to see you!  Yep, stir-crazy is about it here too. But how about an update on Stanley, Dan, Holly, Millie and all the other characters? Oh, and YOU, of course! 

Nogs, glad you're seeing the doc, the veins sound painful  Hope the compression socks help in the meantime. At least it's nice that your fave customer is going away so you can enjoy working on her garden in peace  And three loud cheers for Nogs Jnr in NZ---100 km in 3 hours is aMAZing!!!!

Yums, prolly better that it's a girl. But still a tough moment for the mini Yums. Fruitbowl is a good distraction. Thinking of you all. xxx (Sad when something like a baby, which ought to be a happy event, is so ambivalent for all concerned. Hope the poor little lass is OK.)

Busy times here. Vet cleared all 3 animals tho Rossie needs to slim a bit and Truffie needs to put on weight. Starting to organise for next week, when C3 goes back to Exeter and Mr C and I go to France. Excitement is starting to build here for the 'troonswisseling'--the changing of the crown, when Beatrix abdicates and Willem Alexander and Maxima become king and queen. Going to be a fantastic occasion, we're coming back for it.

Unexpected problem with barefooting: ye

06/04/2013 at 10:10

Hmm, that cut off...was just going to say, unexpected consequence of barefooting. Yesterday Mr C and I went to a 'nice' event so I wore a dress and shoes with 1-1/2 inch heels---not high at all, but after a year of barefoot shoes, I'm used to having happy, functionl feet and  HATED the 'normal' shoes! How do people put up with being all squashed and out of balance like that??? Hasty rush to try to find some ballerinas that I can wear for such things in future without crocking my feet!

06/04/2013 at 13:58

A lovely sunny day at last!!

We have washed Millie - not a small task and untertaken in the garden, we have waited so long for a sunny day to do this. We now have a sweet smelling mastiff instead of a very pongy one!!

Mr L has washed the living room carpet

I have washed Millies bed.

Spring may have sprung  Today I have heard some birds and a bee. And a woodpecker laughing at me in the garden.

Thanks for the welcome back all.  Its not easy to find energy to pop in regularly but I do think of you lot often. Having a better spell at present

Stanley is a top little fella. He is a late talker but is now saying Nanny and lots of 'no' . Other words are emerging and he is enjoying playschool and duck feeding,, swimming and horses.

All the rest of the clan are ok. Ups and downs of life generally but all good really.

((((((Noggs veins))))))))

A new sister,Yums, that will be interesting.

((((((((WIN)))))))))

Lots of speedy vibes to all those racing or taking part in things this weekend.

Edited: 06/04/2013 at 14:00
06/04/2013 at 14:01
Guess you will just have to avoid nice dos in future, chuggs;-) suppose you could dance ever so boho daffyesque stylee- barefoot when is the troonswisseling ? I assume its a national holibob? How exciting. Somehow I can't see the Brits feeling as excited when Charlie boy accedes to the throne!

And in theory the new arrival shouldn't make any difference to the miniyums and me but that depends on how its handled by he who must not be named. Its a case of wait and see but I'm not naive enough to think it will be without problem.
06/04/2013 at 17:02
Hello from a very sunny Norfolk

Read back quickly

We have run 10 miles in the sunshine, still a bit chilly but fantastic to have company DD is pleased with herself as she caught and killed a rat!

It must be almost beer o'clock
M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 17:33

Sadly its nearly work o'clock again !!

06/04/2013 at 18:13
Nope, definitely wine o'clock here

Well done DD....... I think. Poor Ratty. What ever happened to her?

Big day for Southend on sea tomorrow. We're playing at Wembley in the Johnstone paint trophy final against Crewe. There are over 31,000 Southend fans going so hopefully the last person to set off will close the door to the town on their way out. Me n no2 are going. No 1 is looking after grandma n grandpa.

Wine anyone
M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 18:28

Ahh es .. Erratic, those were the days, although I suspect that DL is her reincarnation 

06/04/2013 at 19:28

I hadn't thought of that Melds - I do think you may be right though

Happy Supporting tomorrow Yumbly

I am hungry and want my tea - laters!

06/04/2013 at 20:33

Evening WAISTers not been very vocal recently, too much going on

Managed to get out for a run today, 7 miles at 10mm, first solo run for over three weeks really, was a great day to be in the forest! Unfortunately my left leg was grubmling most of the way round, it still isnt right, and of course All my other muscles were tight too from lack of running so treated myself to an extended session on the orange roller of doom as pennance ...

I have to say today being sunny made a change, I have been getting really fed up with getting stone cold doing anything! Must admit that my enthusiasm has been pretty much non existant, so perhaps its a good thing that the leg has been playing up, as the continuous cold has finally got to me!

I really hope the weather stays till next weekend, Saturday Roni and I are helping at Botolphs aid station and then the finish line on the SDW50, and on the Friday, I am course marking a 10 mile section, so it would be really really nice if it wasnt -6 wet and windy!

WAIST well and prosper all

Edited: 06/04/2013 at 20:34
M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 23:05

Cheesy they are just the type of days where you can run to feel, tight legs and being a bit off are great for a R/W when you feel like it kinda day, leave all the gadgets at home

I appear to be at w*rk again, nice little drop back tomorrow means I need to be back in for 1700 but get away earlier at 0200 so win some/lose some !!

06/04/2013 at 23:09
Blimey you lot are quiet expected to have to read back pages!

Well run Cheesey

I was in charge of dinner this eve, thank doG I'd made it before ( beef in beer) so only had rice & broccoli sort. ! Made sure I sorted the pudding ( Berry Brioche Pudding) BEFORE I started drinking.... Mr J became worried half way through my preparations, obviously thought if I had any more Speckled Hen he'd never get fed...so he kinda stepped in!! Oops!!

Anyway, several beers & 2 bottles of wine later the adults are in bed & kids are watching a film !

DD is knackered with a capital K & took herself to bed very early, reluctantly coming down for a wee at bed time!
M...eldy    pirate
06/04/2013 at 23:19

Not quiet ... I've been asleep for most of the day !

06/04/2013 at 23:23
We did a run/walk today, gave us time to take in the sea air and the views

DD on the other hand couldn't have possibly taken in the view as she was all over the place!! Happy as a pig in sh*t she was!!
M...eldy    pirate
07/04/2013 at 02:23

At least she sleeps at night ... perhaps you could take the GPO with you next time !

07/04/2013 at 04:17
Ahh of course

He can come running . I'm sure I can find him a lead!!

How is it after 10 miles, Speckled Hen & red wine I can't sleep!!?

Very annoying!

Anyone want tea!?
07/04/2013 at 05:14

Morning ,

Sorry, I seem to have missed a couple of days - didn't pick up the pooter at all yesterday. It seems that someone tried to burn down the WAISTerlounge while I was away .

Tubs, that will be a memorable birthday for Mr T - for all the wrong reasons! I do hope that your birthday is rather less 'exciting'. Poor old Blue, I was going to say 'That will teach him', but I actually doubt that!

(((MiniYums))) I suspect that things will really change when the babe is less portable. They are bound to have their noses put out of joint a bit, no matter how well the situation is handled (and I doubt that it will be!).

Larry, how lovely to see you! I'm sorry that the fatigue is still with you - although you still manage to do more things in a day than I do in a month!

Podds, what a shame that the weather has been so beastly during your precious time off . Is MummyPodds still with you, or has she decamped home?

(((Noggy))) ouchy! I hope that the flight socks are helping. Well done to your son, that is a stonking time!

(((DL's musclettes)))

Cheesy, of course your left leg isn't right .

Chuggy, the abdication sounds as if it will be a real event - when is it happening?

Yesterday was lovely here, the temp even dragged itself into double figures , pity the forecast isn't so good for today though.

Alfie spent much of yesterday sitting in front of the washing machine. I don't know what he thinks (or knows) is under there but he certainly wanted it! I doubt that MS will agree to drag the machine out to have a look though.

I am having a run of sleepless nights at the moment - as is MS, who is on the desktop comp in the next room. Anyone know of anything that might help us sleep ?

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.