working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,941 to 216,960 of 237,489 messages
16/04/2013 at 21:12

oh eck sluggy, you really need to get them sorted.  The Gov are making it so difficult for those who really need the help.  Snailymum is all sorted for now, but i think its going to be a 12 month review.

I can understand that we need to sort out the benefit bill, but so many are going to be in difficulty, there must be a better way.  Saying that if i had the answer then I'd be PM!!!

New shoz on order (and i sneaked in a new top) 

16/04/2013 at 21:40

I'm reading my marathon book and would like to share a very funny quote

"There is a reason why you never see large-chested women win a marathon, they've been beaten to death by their breasts at mile 5.  It isnt pretty"!!!!

Had me in bloody stitches 

16/04/2013 at 22:01

(((sluggie)))

16/04/2013 at 22:25
((Sluggie)))

Lol Snaily! That book sounds ace!!
M...eldy    pirate
17/04/2013 at 06:10

Morning world 

17/04/2013 at 07:13
Morning. Can i stay in bed today please miss?
17/04/2013 at 07:15

Yes no probs

Morning

17/04/2013 at 07:35
((((((Sluggy)))) hope officialdom doesn't drag you down. More worrying is that slugmummy's 'friend' is taking care of her finances! Good luck with that.

Yay daffy, well done on getting the application in. Will you be able to tell us about it if you secure the funding? How long do I have to cross everything for long?

Shame about the TT, Noggs but us cyclists don't enjoy wind!

LOL snaily. I assume the book had advice for large chested women other than don't run more than 5 miles

And bless Alfie for finding the meeces n protecting you from them, sluggy

Oh m....eldy, I can't believe you removed Murph's blanket n therefore putting a hex on the weather

Ah Podds, a woman with a similar training plan to me

Not raining here...... Yet
17/04/2013 at 08:01
Bits of rain here. Still not removed myself from bed

Fingers and toes crossed til july unfortunately yums! A long wait... Don't want to post in public til i've got it - you just don't know who's reading...
17/04/2013 at 08:05

Meldy its RAINING

Luckily its my non running day so its core training tonight.

Yes the marathon book has other advice for large-chested ladies, wear 2 sports bra's!

Alfie is obviously earning his keep!

Right in early because there is looooooooooooads to do

17/04/2013 at 08:41
Morning

Sorry, haven't had a chance to read back so (((((())))))) for those who need them, especially Sluggy it seems.
Yesterday I was in Reading, today I am in Skelmersdale for two days, and on Friday I get to go to Norwich. That will be the quiet of Easter over then!

Happy Wednesday one and all
XB
17/04/2013 at 09:11

Morning

A lovely sopping wet 7 miles d&d. It was supposed to be at mara pace but it wasn't. I do struggle with getting the pace right - you'd think I'd know how to do this running lark.

Skelmersdale is scarily close to XBville.

After completing my domestic chores I shall wander around town spreading good cheer Might even get my hair cut.

17/04/2013 at 10:52
Reading, Skelmersdale, Norwich?

I've only read of these places in the holiday brochures.

A bit overcast here at the mo, but good progress at work. Some faffing and one more lawn and I should be done.

Should be time for a decent ride this afternoon.
17/04/2013 at 11:28
Wind and rain here. Yuk!

I have read back but memory is rubbish sorry! (((( plus coffee and cake ))))

TT fever is gripping the locals Noggs. 8000 dead sheep to dispose of and they're busily putting bags up on stone walls to cushion crashing motorcyclists in May!

Thoroughly enjoyed my horse weekend. Plaited up friends horse, came 2 nd out of 74 in best turned out :0)

Planners are being officious about stables/ garage. Existing building is painted breeze block with sloping roof. We wanted to make it slightly bigger with a pitched roof to improve appearance. Planners want wood and sloping roof so we're not going to bother and just build a garage as originally planned.

Terrible about the bomb in Boston. The logistics of making the London marathon safe must be nightmarish. Still gutted I won't be doing it :0(

((((( waisters )))))
17/04/2013 at 13:26

well run XB   H is going to look out for you at Manchester

3 quite speedy miles done

17/04/2013 at 14:58

Afternoon,

(((DL))), it sounds as if everything is back to 'normal' in your world and you are, once more, crisscrossing Britain by train.

Snaily, that quote made me  too. Any news about Smum's bungalow yet?

I'm sorry to hear that the cyclists among us have been troubled by the wind. I'm sure you can get medication to help with that...

It is hard to imagine that it is 7 years since MS and I 'did' London. It feels like a different life now. here's hoping that everything goes smoothly on Sunday, with no idiots trying to make some sort of political statement!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

17/04/2013 at 17:57

40+ miles of Oxons finest roads torn up.  it were reet windy.

I opened my lungs on the uppity bits..  There's room for improvement.

not too much niggle from the swollen calf either.

17/04/2013 at 18:01

Ah the joys of Skem! Scarily close to here too (do you want to try a pincer movement XB?)

The whole of my planning and preparation afternoon was taken up by quite an intersting chat about ICT equipment and infrastruture. Interesting and useful, but I've still got planning to do now!

Dull and very windy here, plus I've got too much work, so putting off the run till tomorrow.

Pleased to here you can't get pacing right, XB as it's something that puzzles me. I just run (and walk). I never quite know how much leeway to set on the Garmin (although I have to say I'm not usually serious enough to bother!). There was an unhelpful thread on this question some time ago when one reply said he just put in, say 10 m/m and ran at that pace!

M...eldy    pirate
17/04/2013 at 18:16

Good moaning

I usually find that I run at a very even pace IF I dont try .. once I start trying thn it all goes to pot  

Good cycling Noggs .... I think I have a sportive this weekend coming, 90 miles of whitehorse hils in WIltshire

Had a very heavy duvet today so have not been up for long, should run before work but wont lose much if I dont .... 

I suspect Murph has his coat back on today .. looks a bit dris out there

Good to see minimum disruption and maximum respect in Londinium today, no matter what your persuasion is a funeral is not the place for rioting

17/04/2013 at 18:22

Afternoon all. 

Pippi, you must have stopped for a moment to think about the planning. That's fatal. As soon as someone sees you not obviously 'busy' they move in with questions like ICT!! It's worth keeping some small meaningless stuff at hand that you can shuffle purposefully if you see someone suspicious approaching 

XB, from what I recall your splits are normally pretty near perfect, so if today's pacing was just a tiny bit off, it shows you're human after all 

(((((((((((Sluggie)))))))))))

Two sets of forms would be enough to daunt anyone, and indeed, with the 'friend' helping it's probably wise to have a good look at Sluggiemum's finance, but it is more energy-draining hassle. At least it sounds like you're going to have a certain amount of excitement in the kitchen and environs thanks to Alfie! 

Tubs, what a footling nuisance about the stable planning! You were prolly right to just avoid the whole thing and build as you first intended, but how annoying. 

Nogs, your trainings is going formidably well. When is your next race? 

DL, sorry to hear that life has resumed its weary round. You're the WAISter answer to the Flying Dutchman these days, it seems  Guess the one good thing is that you always seem to get home for weekends..

Daffs, everything is crossed for you from now til July. Would be MOST exciting ...!!!!!

Snaily, hope your mum is on the point of moving into the bungalow? Must be nearly time. But Yums is right: no matter what the reason, don't let this job wear you down the way the last one did! At least it sounds like the work in this one will be productive and you have support, but even you can't fix everything, at least not overnight! 

Podds, how's Mr P's knee getting on now? It must be several weeks since the op, so hopefully it's really getting better.

(((((((((Westie and son))))))))

That op can't have been fun, but hopefully the eye will heal quickly and it will have helped. When is Tony coming back?

Yums, is it fairly quiet on the piscine front? Hope the baby sister is settling all right and not causing too many ripples in your house. 

You'll never guess what I've been doing. Go on, try. Driving a racing car? Wrong. Training as a skydiver? Nope. Weeding? Awwww, you cheated! But I now have more than half the terrace done, so progress is being made. There are just so MANY of the little blighters! But our spell of summer is going to depart tonight and instead of 26 C it's going to be 16 tomorrow. It was nice while it lasted....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.