working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

216,981 to 217,000 of 229,945 messages
07/04/2013 at 20:20

Ok will use the kettle, and crawl on my knees!

Off to london on tuesday, going to catch the early train on Tues and take the advantage of going to see something, not sure what though!!!

07/04/2013 at 20:38
Evening the Netherlands may be celebrating but sarfend is in mourning. As snaily rightly said, @rsend lost. We were scrappy n pants but once the ref and lino took against us it was game over:'(

Awwww, lovely sounding dawggies you met, sluggy

Snaily, I usually wait until the new shoe model comes out and buy the old one as there are often savings to be had. Locally my basics are around ??90 but online I can often get them around ??60. Too much for me to be loyal,sadly:O

Chuggy, will you post a YouTube link to the song as there must surely be one. Oh, and a translation please

Dragon has firey new broomstick? How hoobacious Can't see PIC though

Daffy, I want a full report. Of the holibob not the romanticising in your passion waggon

21 miles, xb? Are you training for something?

Talking of which if anyone is looking for sponsorship please post the link
XB
07/04/2013 at 20:44

I've just bought a pair of shoes off ebay. Nearly new £20 or something. They retail at £110.

Shame about the result Yums. Console yourself with the fact that Crewe is worse than Sarfend. Probably.

I've got a couple of marathons on the near horizon. 3 weeks until Manchester with a target of 4:30.

07/04/2013 at 20:46

I need sponsorship to afford the shop trainers, here's the link

#savesnailyskneescuzspenceconvincedmetodoahalfmarafun

07/04/2013 at 21:03
XB, 'H' is doing Manchester ! You might see her

((((((WIN)))))

I might have had a gin or two and some wine ....
XB
07/04/2013 at 21:07

I might see the back of her like at Stratford.

You should sleep better with that lot inside you.

07/04/2013 at 21:12
She's hoping to do a 9mm *thud*
07/04/2013 at 22:15
Didn't even know 9mm was possible!

Need to remind myself why I love running cuz at the moment I have sore nips and boob'age soreness. such fun!

Tea and bed me thinks
M...eldy    pirate
07/04/2013 at 22:21

Good bargains XB .. can you find me some please

07/04/2013 at 22:27

Is this the same Snaily that a few months ago wasnt keen on running???

Nice going girl! bet your chuffed as hell with your runs!! well done

Roni and I repeat this mantra to ourselves 'running is fun, running is fun..

Well, when we think about it,

Stretching hurts

Running hurts

Rolling muscles hurts

Physio hurts

Massage hurts

I cannot for the life of me spell 'FUN' out of thos words!

running is fun, running is fun, running is fun, running is fun..

07/04/2013 at 23:05
I love running me

Can you remind me of that when I'm up at 7 to do 8 miles!!! :-/

Dear old DD is so knackered she can't be bothered to come up to bed, she's stayed downstairs! You'd think she'd make the must of getting into the bedroom!

So tomorrow it's run, walk, pub lunch

J's daughter hates walking, so I try and get us doing lots of it !!

I don't think she likes me
07/04/2013 at 23:23
Some seriously cracking running :0)

The abdication sounds excellent Chuggy :0)

I always get the older model trainers Snaily, usually from Sports Direct, saves a fortune

Another day and a half here. Found a mouse in Blues food container, popped it in a tub and took it upstairs to show Mini Tubs who was scoffing porridge in bed. Out jumped the mouse, shot over the bed and disappeared! Mini Tubs thought it was hilarious, mr Tubs says I'm an idiot! Oskar has no idea what a mouse is! Spent the rest of the day standing in a chilly field judging at a horse show, came home, did my stables - mouse free - think they've moved into the house as its warmer. Just about to bring the horses in when I noticed the boiler chimney thing belching out smelly black smoke! We now have no log burner, no heating, no hot water and the mice are heading back to the stables as they're now much warmer than the house!!

(((( waisters ))))
Edited: 07/04/2013 at 23:24
M...eldy    pirate
08/04/2013 at 00:22

Blimey Tubs I think I'd be following the mice !!!

I might be a very brave person tomorrow and go to a running club ... on the other hand I might not  

08/04/2013 at 07:18
Mornicles one and all

I love running, running is fun, running is fun, running is fun........

The voices disagree, I love sleeping, the sofa is god, watching TV is fun, sleeping is better......

(((((((Tubs))))))) never a dull moment!

A fumble in Filey? Sounds fun. Perhaps today you could have a rumble in the jungle.

Nice invisible bike Dragon lady. Best remember where you parked it! Wonder woman had the same problem with her plane I'm sure.

I did do a run yesterday. That's 3 times in one week. Also did painting, shopping, gardening and washing of windows. There are bits of me aching which I didn't know existed.

Happy Monday
XB
08/04/2013 at 07:49

Morning

Blimey, Tubbs, it's like a proper soap opera at your gaffe. If it can go wrong...

I've just done a nice recovery run in my new shooooz. OMG they are so lush I just wanted to run and run and run. But I've got to pack. They are deffo coming to Jockland.

Keep at the running DL and Snaily. You'll grow to love it. Or become mad enough to think you do.

Much laters

08/04/2013 at 08:06

Morning one and all. 

Have a brilliant time. XB. Edinburgh is one of the best cities EVER. And it must be lovely to have all the ladies with you again  What are these swooningly fab shoes you've got, then??

Tubs, your posts are rapidly acquiring a horrible fascination: what else can POSSIBLY have happened chez Tubs??? Hope you get a repairman pronto, tho, cos no fire, no heat and no hot water sounds more than slightly grim  You've several times mentioned judging at horse shows, what exactly do you judge??

DL, you sre showing disturbing tendancies. Running three times in a week, OK (if you must!) but  painting, shopping, gardening and washing of windows all in one day sounds like a truly heroic effort! 

Melds, if the others in the club know you're coming, THEY are the ones who will have to be brave  Do you have some time off now, as you appear to have been on duty almost continuously for about five days??

Wow, Spence, if you're running DD into the ground you must be very speedy indeedy these days 

Sudden blast-off into planning mode today as we realise the plans we vaguely labelled' summer' are starting on Wed! C3 goes back to Exeter then and we go to France on Thursday so sorting, cleaning and packing is on the cards. And another teensy chugette this arvo: starting from where I am, the only way is up! 

WAISt well, all. 

08/04/2013 at 08:26

Morning all, Tubbs what can I say ?? will have to make a sitcom about the tubbs at home

Don't know what to think of this weather after a week of sun this is a shock to the system.
Off to hospital with eldest son today for one of his "many" eye ops. He is home from Italy and is staying with us for a couple of weeks before heading back although his employers (in Edinburgh ) are messing him about over his future but he just wants to sort his eyes out before making any long term plans.

Coffee time .

08/04/2013 at 08:53

Morning

OMFG getting out of bed this morning was fun.....NOT!  but once I got moving I was ok, still very achey, but its a nice ache knowing I rant 12 miles this weekend, I cant belive I actually said that.....12 MILES!!!     Anyway rest day today.

Cheesy that did make me laugh, I am really enjoying the running actually, yesterday mid run I thought "why am I doing this" and I answered "well actually I'm quite enjoying it, now another lap around the gardens"  (OK I might be slighlty insane too!)  Its when you stop the problems start!

PMSL Tubs with the mouse, but not so much about the heating.  Hope you get it sorted soon.

Happy packing and chugging, chuggy.

Good luck to the club where Meldy is going

Right have 5 days work to fit in 1 day, I'm only in work today, then off to London and day off Friday.  so better get moving.

08/04/2013 at 09:32
I think I might just stay in bed today! It's warm and nothing can go wrong!!

Well runned DL and Snaily :0)

Have a lovely time XB :0)

((( Jnr Westie's eyes ))))

I was judging at a show for novice riders Chuggy, novice rider, equitation etc, I've also judged Mountain and Moorland, in hand and under saddle in the past.
08/04/2013 at 10:56

Westie, you are one of the world's greatest dads! How lovely that your son can come home and feel taken care of and safe while he has his eyes seen to. Hope it goes very well, keep us posted. 

Snaily, what a star! Looking after Snailymum and Snaunty, doing the work of 3, redecorating the house, AND 12 miles in a weekend!! You're deffo moving into Superwoman territory! 

Wow, Tubs, that confirms my suspicion that you are a lot more than just an amateur who rides for fun. You must be very experienced. Is there NOTHING WAISters can't do??? And yep, staying in bed where you're safe and warm may be your best bet til the cloud of bad luck drifts away 

Dashing out with C3 to start the looong list of errands and things to get/redeliver/organise. Why don't I plan better???

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.