working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,361 to 217,380 of 234,889 messages
20/04/2013 at 17:57

Noggy a good chilli and you getting the beer in will be down as soon as I find the space / time / travel line 

just did a pot of fresh mussels with tony now getting slightly merry and chilling so may not be in a position to post any more tonight

M...eldy    pirate
20/04/2013 at 18:37

Evening all

Murph has been out and about with the girls and he is still clean!

15 miles run .. sadly all mine started with a 10.. and not an 8.** among them !  Beautiful day for it tho so I wont complain, tomorrow had better sharpen up

Chuggs if you have 8 garden chairs as you used to let the property for 9 ... was it a little like musical chairs??  

I see Noggs is at the bar again .. I think I can manage a Guinness

XB
20/04/2013 at 19:42

I'll have a large pot of tea.

Nice running, Mouldy and Spence.

I've had a humongous salad and am stuffed to the gunnels. It's been a super day. Mrs XB and I have been gardening all day too. We're a bit pissed off cos we paid a bloke to cover the front borders with bark to stop anything growing. It hasn't worked so we spent hours pulling stuff. He's been summoned to explain himself. Kernackered.

Looking forward to sitting watching the marathon tomorrow.

M...eldy    pirate
20/04/2013 at 19:49

I'dquite like to do that as well XB ... sadly I dont think its on my list !!

20/04/2013 at 19:50

Me too Watching maras is definitely the way to go

Need to check weather now to see predicted temps for tonight to see whether or not to risk leaving my tomatoes out overnight.......

20/04/2013 at 19:52

Hmm - clear skies and down to 3C - think I'll bring them in!! Rest of the week though is minimum 6C so they can risk being dirty stop outs overnight from tomorrow onwards

20/04/2013 at 20:05
Oh XB :O well at least you had the chance to get down n dirty with Mrs XB

Westie, you are such a bad example of a norty Dad I thought I would mention I am still looking to adopt a grandad

*forms orderly queue but stands behind m......eldy who has run 15 miles today so deserves to go first

Noggs, I meant plywood not hard board. Must be gold plated though
XB
20/04/2013 at 20:17

Get your legs out next time, Yums. 

20/04/2013 at 20:24

podds, tommies in deffo.

Yums, the Maori have a culture of adopting a grandparent/family.  jnr and the kiwi grandkids have been adopted in an informal way by a Dutch lady who has lost her family.  

i need an early night as i have a mara, a F1 gp and Liege.Baston.Liege to  watch tomorrow.

M...eldy    pirate
20/04/2013 at 20:45

I have go to be up at sparrwos fart in the morning .... that means I can wake the GPO up for once 

20/04/2013 at 21:51

That'll be an interesting conversation Melds - good luck and take the TCP and guaze with you

Thanks Noggs - they are duly in the conservatory

20/04/2013 at 21:52
Noggs, I think the adopt a granny thing in NZ is fab

Noggs n m....eldy both toddling off early to bed. Ey oop, I feel a snigger coming on

XB, I'm not sure flashing my legs would have helped - I mean, I had my shorts on. :O
20/04/2013 at 22:43

yums, you are very naughty.

20/04/2013 at 23:58
Naughty lot!

Xb you're brave summoning blokey to explain himself! We're far too wimpish here and about to pay to have roof pointing done for 2nd time in 6 months cos first time was crap...
21/04/2013 at 06:54
Morning.

Off to London soon to watch mara. One of my group running plus lots of other club members. Didn't go in club coach which was leaving ridiculously early. Going on train with 2 friends.

I did park run yesterday. 29.51. Really want to try for under 29 this year

Good luck to Scott. Back later
21/04/2013 at 07:41

morning all

ooh sunshine

hope you have a great day Amandax

what fab running going on around here!!! marvellous! I did go out yesterday just did a slow 6 miles but knee and leg sore this morning so shouldn't have done it and wont go out today- but I'm sooooooo tempted.........

what do I do for poorly knee? - Spence?

doing 1/2 marafun next Sunday - oops!

GOGOGOGO Scott

21/04/2013 at 08:23
I'll tell you what you DON'T do for a poorly knee Jenni... A half marathon, that's what! You look after yourself x

Yums, ignoe the man in the shop andjust put the vinyl down without the boards

Might sneak a look at the marathon later. Maybe
21/04/2013 at 08:29

Morning each,

I'll try again-already lost one post.

Go Scott

Go Melds

The weather looks good for both of you.

Give us a wave Amanda.

A dodgy roofer Daffs? Surely not?

XB, your mulch may not be thick enough, or, if the weeds coming through are thuggish broadleaf types - dock, dandelion, ground elder, couch grass etc, the mulch won't stop them.  

A swift dose of a systemic weedkiller like Roundup - anything with Glyphosate in it - applied on the new green growth will work.

21/04/2013 at 08:48
Morning

Couldn't get in on the iPod last night Grrrr
Well run Meldy

Yums, what do you have on your floor at the mo?
Mr Spence says you'd need something underneath, hardboard is "cheap as chips" are they saying you need proper 3 ply ? That would be more expensive. You need to have a flat service !

In bed watching mara. Me Spence has other ideas!
21/04/2013 at 09:03
(((( sue )))) and ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope Tony's eye is settling down Westie, a bandage lens made a huge difference post op to my eye. I still think the docs are too dismissive of the pain, the transplants felt like an industrial sewing machine had been used! Co codomol ot Tramodol definitely help take the edge off the first few days. Hot compresses also help when my eyes are generally sore which is most days! If Tony would like to add me as a friend on FB re Keratoconus that would be fine, my son has it too :0(

Off to a show with Fling in a bit. Bathed him yesterday, I got wetter than he did!

((((( waisters )))))
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.