working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,621 to 217,640 of 236,308 messages
04/05/2013 at 21:32

It seems to me that the legal system has nothing whatsoever to do with justice.  Obviously Dickens got there before me with this observation - I studied Bleak House for A-level English and it was revelationary.  Nothing I has changed in 100+ years in my view.  Cheesy - I wish you all the very best in moving on and putting what has clearly been a long and horrible experience behind you.

I also hope your cat returns soon and well.  Coco went MIA for 12 days a few years ago - very unlike her as she always comes home.  But she is very nosy and we think she got herself locked in a garage.  She came yowling back in 12 days later, very hungry and thirsty luckily absolutely fine otherwise.  Fingers crossed for yours.

Had a lovely evening at the Harry Potter studio tour near Watford but it was over 2 hours of being on my feet when the physio has set me a max of 60 mins .  Knees hurting badly now so its a codeine night and off to bed.  Swimming club tomorrow should sort it out!

M...eldy    pirate
04/05/2013 at 21:38

Busy ole night ... I'm still doing effing reviews!!

Home at midnight and not back in til 4pm tomorrow so am hoping to get a run in before that

04/05/2013 at 21:50
Amandax wrote (see)

Can I just say aaaaagh! Men! enough said

AAARRRGHGHHH MEN!

Me too

First of all Mr P has washed my carefully hoarded sunflower seeds down the sink and then he left the DG unattended with a bar of chocolate and of course he has eaten the lot

So I have just been on the phone to the Dogs Trust vet nurse who says that due to his size the amount (100g!!) shouldn't be toxic but to keep an eye on him and if he shows any symptoms then he'll need a trip to the vets.............

I've been seriously going off humanity for a while now but right now I could cheerfully commit a heinous crime in this house

04/05/2013 at 21:56

Barry Trotter place is fab isn't it

Hamish went walkabout for 18 months when we moved!! He was heading back to the old house, got taken in by a mad old bat and she didn't get him checked for a chip till he was poorly a year or so later!! He recognised my voice when we picked him up!!

joining me for 9 tomorrow Melds, 8ish !?

04/05/2013 at 21:59

Crikey! X  post podds!

poor DG!

M...eldy    pirate
04/05/2013 at 22:18

8ish ..  feck right off, I wont be home til 1am

Podds, about time the patio had a resurface isn't it?    

04/05/2013 at 22:29

podds make the hole deep  enough for 2 , save me the hassle of digging one

04/05/2013 at 23:34

Oh dear Amandax! 

Hope DG is ok, Blue was very poorly after 6+ Easter eggs, no idea what that is in grams, more kilos! We gave him lots of water with a bit of milk added to encourage him to drink it which I think helped. The vet wasn't concerned, just said it was too late to make him sick! 

What have you got Kman? Mine are 27 yr old retired hurdler and 18 yr old sec D - pics by the shed load on Facebook! 

Lovely ride on Megs on the beach today 

(((( waisters ))))

05/05/2013 at 00:37

Tubsterr : Got an 11 year old Maxi cob mare that we somehow managed to qualify for the RIHS the year before last and a 4 year old (today as it happens) from that mare X with a thoroughbred type, that is currently being backed. Looking forward to seeing what he's like as he does look quite good at the moment and will hopefully be trained up as a jumper / eventer as he hsa the movement for it. The mare is being pulled out of showing and heading towards a low leverl fun dressage career 

Lovely that you can ride on the beach, we are lucky enough to be able to do that here as well. When the horses are here that is...

05/05/2013 at 07:41

Morning

Tis a beautiful morning here

Just got to let my porridge and bagal go downand the hopefully it'll be 9 miles

05/05/2013 at 07:53

Podds - is the DG okay?

Jasper has been fighting - again  so we'll be bathing his ear today 

have a nice day all.

05/05/2013 at 08:28

Awwww, hope DG isn't feeling too rough, Podds

*opens door for Spence* no need to thank me 

More lovely hosses  

(((((Jasper)))))

Glorious here  my rock n roll lifestyle continues with the tip trip for me, trying to get straight n olds for dinner

05/05/2013 at 10:04

9 miles done  av pace 10.30 very happy

Happy tipping Yums

05/05/2013 at 10:29

Oooh Spence, well done  but I thought you were doing it at 9.30;-) 

I love rubbish men! Sorry mandax, Podds et al with rubbish men but I do. They always help me with heavy things without being asked. Still not sure how I managed to get a heavy duty lounge carpet n underlay in my car though!

05/05/2013 at 10:45

Morning All

Thanks for asking - it seems the DG has suffered no ill effects from his chocolate escapade although he is a little hyper this morning which will be an affect of it as theobromine (the poisonous element) is a stimulant..........althought that's more than can be said for Mr P!  Didn't have a great sleep though as I kept on waking up and checking the pooch!

However given the gorgeous weather  I did still make the effort to go out on the Sunday club plod and did "my bit" by taking a lady who is doing her first mara in 3 weeks' time (and has a bit of a niggle) with me for the 2nd part of the run on my shorter slower cut

(((Jasper))) (((MIA puddy tat))) and any other (((WIN)))

05/05/2013 at 11:13

Really glad DG  is okay, Podds.  I know what it's like to wake up all night and check on the animals - Jasper has had urinary tract problems in the past due to stress and if  I think it's coming on again, I'm as anxious as hell and just can't sleep at all.

Jasper is fine, btw.  We think he won the fight - he's very pleased with himself this morning and purring a lot.  The ear thing is just a scrape so we will keep an eye on it and treat it with salt-water if necessary.  I just hope the other cat didn't come too badly off....

No running for me again today - not until next Thurs - but swimming club tonight.  Knee feels a little looser again today and is bending better so all the physio exercises do seem to be helping.

Enjoy your sunday runs everyone!

05/05/2013 at 13:09

Great news that DG n Jasper are doing just fine  

well plodded, Podds 

No plodding for me. Too much humping has given me a not very bendy knee. Everything seems to be going far too smoothly today.........

05/05/2013 at 14:38

And Podds, yes to the arrangements tomorrow 

05/05/2013 at 14:43

are you sitting down.........

I've ran 8.5miles in 1hr 36mins.  it nearly friggin killed me   its so bliddy hilly round here and you know how I hate hills.  its like a rollercoster of hills, its like hillsville, you get the picture!!!  going out was fine, coming back the legs went, I felt my breathing was ok, but the hills had killed the legs, so there was a lot more walking than running on the way back.  BUT that is the furthest I've ever run and am feeling pretty bliddy happy with myself   Learnt a lot too, I started on a r5/w3 but on the way back I should have cut it to r3/w2 to give the legs a rest.  next week I need the 9 miles in the sack.

oh and its so bloody warm, as I was getting hotter and hotter I went through 50 sades of red!!!

Glad the DG and Jasper are ok. When we first had Harry he nearly died with a uninary Tract, i was so worried, so now when he gets ill i fret something terrible.  He doesnt really drink much so we've bought him a cat fountain, and we've seen him drininking from it.

Cheesy, glad you can draw a line under what was going on and move on with your life, a holiday is just what you both need.

Right going to make a cuppa before my legs freeze up!

05/05/2013 at 15:47

Well run Snaily

I have done 3 1/2 hours gardening in addition to my plod so am feeling quite virtuous - oh and I have also scrubbed out the water butt....... hadn't done it for 8 years!

Very pleasantly warm here so been gardening in t-shirt and shorts which is ridiculous when you think that just a month ago Mother Podds and I had to cancel all our plans to go to Lille and Paris and stuff for her birthday as the temp was constantly around zero and felt much colder with the wind!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.