working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,881 to 217,900 of 234,206 messages
03/05/2013 at 19:59

Phew, seemed like hard work tonight with the blooming wind. Still managed to up my pace slightly though which I was quite pleased about. As Coco said it felt good to start off the weekend with a bit of excercise (even if I am thinking of nipping to the pub later )

03/05/2013 at 19:59

And Chuggy those cakes sound fantastic! Glad you liked the site, it made me chuckle!

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2013 at 20:03

Oooh .. swimming Coco  

XB
03/05/2013 at 20:14

Evening

That's a couple of hours I won't get back. But I've discovered that there is a chap living in Birmingham who has a new iPhone 5 that he has charged to my account. 

Have you hatched yet, Ellie?

We're off to the races tomorrow. I don't do gambling so I shall just enjoy the spectacle.

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2013 at 20:29

XB thats pants, can you send Spence round to sort him out?

03/05/2013 at 20:55

oh er I bought an iPhone just this morning*!!

but it's a 4! Phewie!

ive done my good dead for the week, took friends daughter to her swimming lesson whilst friend is seeing Jimmy Carr!

m

*dont tell XB he said not to!

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2013 at 21:01

I have had beer & chocolate

FGO time in the morning and then into work for a long late shift

03/05/2013 at 21:18

I've had kebab now a small glass of wine 

welcome daisy. 11.30mm is pretty good going, I range from 10mm to 12mm depending on hills and how much wine I drank the night before!!!  so what made you start plodding?

the terrorist is asleep on my knee  daren't move!!!

tomorrow we have a food fair at Torquay should be good

03/05/2013 at 21:47

evening all.
Hip Hip not sneezing, eyes not watering and nose not dripping feel almost human

What a nice bunch you are the old man is very flattered and I am still waiting to sign the adoption papers.
Beware however that I am a nasty piece of work on the quiet with a proper Scorpio sting in the tail.
Sorry have not said high to the newbies yet but have just sulked and lurked welcome to the Waister family I am just the old guy with bad jokes and have had more running come backs than sinatra concerts .I have been running off and on for a long time then had a 25 year "rest" then started again and managed to give myself a few heart problems so rested then started again then rested then started again and so it goes on. Flat out now I can manage 12 min miles which is a change from sub 7's many years back but the strange thing is the effort is the same.! I don't think I will ever stop giving it one more try so will get the shoes on again next week . Just like to be in one piece for next November if not just shout abuse from the side when the Waisters get together.
Now i'll shut up and go back to Lurking and feel very envious of the Lanzarote trip so good luck M..eldy (incase I forget  at the time )
Off for a walk tomorrow up the hills but only if it stops Pishing down up here

03/05/2013 at 22:11

Evening

I have not been virtuous with exercise for the start of the weekend I'm afraid.......unless you count humping a couple of 60 litre sacks of compost and a 120 litre of bark (that one nearly defeated me!) from homebase to the car and then into the house

And tea was a very unhealthy cheese and onion bread with pepper philadelphia cheese and tomato salsa

And I'm not cycling tomorrow as all my bikes are broke or being un-broked by George the bike mechanic.......

There - that's better!  All that Friday training has been nicely balanced out by my sloth

Mend well Westie - can't take risks at your age old boy

Boo his to dodgy brummies XB

Right another article to write to fill out the club mag and then bed I think

Sweet dreams all

Please give the FGO a big hug from me tomorrow Melds - or more to the point something edible which he'll probably appreciate far more

04/05/2013 at 00:09
Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)

I've had kebab now a small glass of wine 

Come on. You're just taking the piss now, here is me trying to eat healthily 

04/05/2013 at 06:38

Morning

Mr Spence has pissed on my plans and im annoyed! We had "words" last night  & now he's off to work in a grump & I'm here in a grump! Grrrrr

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
04/05/2013 at 07:02

Morning all

shame Spence, but I guess you could look forward to the making up 

Lovely to have new people joining us 

I've bought me a new car , I now have to wait 12 weeks for them to build it 

XB, what a bummer - that happened to me once, I got my money back, but it was a bit of a faff.

Nice to have a long weekend, it won't be long before my life is one long weekend  12 working days spread over 2andhalf weeks. Time is going slowly and quickly all at the same time!

04/05/2013 at 08:04

Morning all we have sun at last

time for coffee and may be a walk

Never mind Spence  but as the dragon lady said what comes next

04/05/2013 at 08:23

It's lovely to feel so welcome here - in spite of the large number of dogs running around 

XB - that really sucks.  I had some idiot clone my credit card and use it for increasingly expensive RyanAir flights  - he was such a chump that he booked them in his own name though!  It turned out that a company I'd booked a bus tour with in New York had had their database hacked and all credit card details   The bank was great though and paid me back straightaway.  I hope it get sorted for you.

nice lazy start to the day in cat-household.  All 4 of us on the bed together - 2 purring and 2 drinking coffee 

04/05/2013 at 08:30

Morning, and hello to the new folk I haven't said hello to yet! Lovely to see you all joining in so cheerfully

Pah to stupid people stealing cards though. How very vexing all round

12 days dragon?? Is that all?? Crikey!

I did lots of dragging compost round too yesterday Podds Filled 4 giant sacks myself from the council tip place, then off to B&Q for some finer stuff - bought a couple of 125 litre bags, and despite my enormous strength, I just could NOT get them in the car. Had to go and get someone to help was quite heartened when he actually FELL OVER trying to get them in.

Really - whose idea was it to make compost bags so heavy even their employees struggle to lift them?!

Actually planning a small RUN today! (I know, quite shocking). 10k in, er, 14 days

04/05/2013 at 08:38

Morning each,

A bit overcast here today wth just a threat of rain.

HL has gone to take GD to classes whilst I'm off to the hospital again, then I'll take over at the studio.

Just starting to feel a bit frustrated at the lack of cycling in the sunshine but a few more days should see me given 'permission' to spin the pedals again.

Speaking of which, The Giro starts today - I'll need to look at the route to pick out the key stages. Britain and Ireland have so many good riders in the field that we're spoiled for choice when deciding who to cheer on.

Another welcome to the new faces, 

04/05/2013 at 08:40

Morning all. Looked in first of all to see if any news on Ellie, hope all's going well there!

XB, that is hugely annoying. In the end I imagine you won't have to pay anything but the time and trouble it will take to sort the whole thing out is infuriating. And somehow it feels like a personal insult, the same way a break=in does. Someone has invaded your identity. Hope it sorts quickly!

Coco, you are very welcome----especially with kitties in train  Our dawgies are not all cat-friendly, but they MEAN to be, or they would mean to be if they had had a better start in life. 

((((((Spence))))))))

It'll be all right, but at this stage everyone is feeling cross and ruffled. Hope he calls and apologises soon! 

Awww, Sue, a new car for your new life! How fab! What is it??? Make, model, colour, James Bond special effects, we want to know everything! 

Podds, that heavy lifting sounds deffo like exercise to me!! You've earned a weekend off. 

Kebabman wrote (see)

Come on. You're just taking the piss now, here is me trying to eat healthily 

K-man, one thing you must understand: nobody here ever, ever takes the piss. Our comments are always sober, respectful and serious. 

Melds, have a lurvely time with Murph. Hope you find him as full of spring fever as ever!

Westie, the sun you say? That, together with the departure of the manflu, should improve your world---and the prospect of Arran was pretty good too! 

I'm feeling very virtuous: up at 6.30 so I could go have a little chug. 3 hilly miles done.   Now off to the Phoenix booksale. They do such great work, really hope they make loadsa money today. WAISt well all. xxxx

04/05/2013 at 09:15

You know that thing when you feel all  and you go for a run and then you feel all

Well that

Hurrah, for texting! All made up

XB
04/05/2013 at 09:25

Another 4 miles in the log. Would have liked to go longer but I had to get twin 1 off to her friends and then lob a casserole together in the slow cooker. And now we need to head to Uttoxeter.

I used my new hands-free dog lead this morning and it was fab. A much more relaxed running style meant I recorded an 8:08 min mile up the hill. I don't know whether the dog liked it but if she won't speak up for herself.

Have a lovely day.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.