working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,881 to 217,900 of 239,091 messages
11/05/2013 at 09:41

Morning 

Thank goodness you're sorted out, Spence.  I forget you're such a technohead, sue 

Good point about the swearing n meds coco cat but if you live where I do its not the first explanation that comes to mind! Your recovery sounds frustrating but well done for sticking with the fizz advice n not rushing into anything. 

Awwww, bless the GPO he has probably worked out you're abandoning him and decided to get your attention 

Enjoy GD duty, Noggs cos we know you do 

Dog walked, 3 miles plodded and chum to meet for cake. Looking good 

11/05/2013 at 09:52

Morning

Lovely lie in this morning as tomorrow I shall be leaving at 5am

M...eldy wrote (see)

I think i'm racing soon ...

Oooooo - supposed to race ironman are we?  I thought it was all about taking your time to get value for money with it being so bloomin' expensive......of course that's the only reason I was so slow at Outlaw......  

I have to get up now and deliver some relay team sheets to a club mate ready for Tuesday so I shall take my newly serviced and returned bike to check it's in working order.  A couple of weeks ago at the duathlon the gears were slipping so badly (almost every turn of the pedal when on the middle ring at the front - yes I know a triple - the shame of it ) I damn near got off and threw it in the bushes!!

Happy Saturdays one and all

11/05/2013 at 10:08

Blinky Blimey XB!!

Take it slowly Coco! What was the accident ( ignore if too nosey or you've said)

5 miles done

well run Yums

11/05/2013 at 10:37

Spence - I slipped and twisted dislocating my knee-cap and breaking a piece of cartilage and bone off.  I was on a business trip to Brazil at the time, and due to that, my leg was immobilized straight for 2 weeks which means the knee wouldn't bend properly again - scar tissue and muscle damage.  This happened last August and I've been having various types of physio since then.  I started with an amazing sports physio about 8 weeks ago and she has really been fantastic - she also said she could get me running again even though I gave it up a few years ago due to problems with my other knee. 

11/05/2013 at 10:40

Basically she says my problems are mainly style and strength - which can be sorted by training me to use the right muscles and investing time in strength and flexibility exercises.  I have over-developed quads and under-developed glutes and hip flexors. She says that running properly will not make the knees worse.  I won't ever be able to do more than 10K, but I would be very happy to get back to doing that distance a couple of times a week.

11/05/2013 at 11:49

Morning. I have park runned. Not sure of time so waiting official time. Hoping its 22 seconds quicker than last week! 

I also discovered the cafe in the park serves yummy food! OH came and we walked round park after to look at the roman mosaic etc then we went to cafe to refuel! Next time we plan to go round museum. Also lots of cute goslings round the lake! 

11/05/2013 at 12:36

Eww Coco !!

well done Amandax

meeting H later for cuppa and chat a Notcutts don't get much better than that!!

11/05/2013 at 13:06

Well done Amandax! Are you in St Albans by any chance? The museum is great - I used to go there quite often and I love the park.  Enjoy!

11/05/2013 at 18:25

Really hope this weather passes   It's blowing a hoolie and chucking it down and has been for some hours now...   puncture city tomorrow at this rate

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 18:28

Today I have been mainly huffing and puffing and swearing

I have also been out on my boy who was prancing and snorting like a flippin racehorse, it would seem that bute & anti biotics are rocket fuel

11/05/2013 at 18:46

Where can I get some??

All packed, exercises done, legs rollered and feeling a lot lot better than two days ago.

Off to good ole Boston first thing in the morning so may not be here for a while.  I wish all of you heading out to Lanza for the Ironman the very best of luck!!

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 18:56

Have a good trip yourslef Coco !!

11/05/2013 at 19:04

Bon vovage Coco!

I've had cake and a great chat and hearing what a great Mara Manchester was

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 19:13

I meant to pop along the tow path and check on the swans before I left ..but Flyaway came round and we chatted instead, might be a good reason to skip workearly tomorrow!

Still a lot of thunder rolling around the skies of Bucks this evening

11/05/2013 at 19:14

Glad the FGO is on the up Melds - one less thing to worry about

Have a good trip Coco

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 19:20

Yes hopefully Podds, only I now have to rely on someone else to do what I ask while I am away which historically seems to be in the too difficult box ...

11/05/2013 at 19:50

*waves Coco off*

you lot have made me laff reading back.  Apart from Cheesy, hope he gets prickly heat

how old is the FGO Meldy?

This morning I ran 5miles in 56 mins.  had a change of tact today, using my app i've felt like I could run further without a walk break but never did because I always do what I'm told   so didnt use the app, decided to run slow (well slower than I usually do which is still slow anyway) and I virtually ran the whole route.  just had 1min walk break at the top of hills, and did 11mm.  Was very hard to keep my speed down, but it seemed to work    Pretty pleased anyway

then I went to work

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 19:54

FGO is 23 this year ....not that he remembers that very often !

11/05/2013 at 20:01

Ahh the stables lady Melds?  I remember what you said....

Has anyone seen my tri shorts? I last wore them about 9 months ago................

M...eldy    pirate
11/05/2013 at 20:02

bottom ofthe laundry basket?

Under the patio?

In the dogs bed?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.