working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,941 to 217,960 of 236,727 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/05/2013 at 14:49

afternoon

I've done a very wet and windy bike ride! I was supposed to do 25 miles, but my friend had issues with her bike and the weather that started of quite poor and got worse from there led us to do the shorter one.

I've now had a nice bath and am about to have my dinner 

DD almost got attack by an Alsatian.............   the bloke said nothing!!  Ignorant tosser!

wonder how Podds is getting one??

Some of the books tell you that to ignore the dog that your dog is getting @rsey with is just telling them that they are not to be bothered with. The mistake lots of people make is to argue over who did what to whom. This gives the message to the dogs that it is right and proper to 'have a go'.

Having said that, the bloke may well have been an ignorant tosser. DD seems to have reacted quite properly by not responding - good girl

12/05/2013 at 14:49

Hiya, just popping in to say tha baby Jessica finally arrived on Friday

We are both fine. Unfortunately i had a 3rd degree tear which means a return to running is off the cards for some weeks yet.

The midwife has instructed me to do no more than a 5 minute walk today and increase it gradually. So i am now slobbing out with Jess whilst OH takes the older 2 to the park. Am trying to resist creating a return to running tranng plan.

12/05/2013 at 14:57

Oooh congratulations

photo required !!

dragon, just think he could have looked over to me and apologised!

12/05/2013 at 14:59

Sorry well biked Dragon

12/05/2013 at 16:10

Afternoon,

Hi Ellie, it is good to hear from you and to know that a healthy babe has finally made an appearance. Ouchy! about the tear, I do hope you have something nice and soft to sit on .

Well cycled dragon, specially if the weather was nasty.

I hope that Noggy and HL also managed a nice ride.

No word from Podds yet? I bet she finished ages ago and is in the pub!

Yes, we think it likely that Alfie got chased by something and took the cat-flap with him as he went through at a rate of knots! He seems much better today, has had brekkie and a big cuddle and went out for a few minutes while MS was fitting the new cat-flap. This one has a magnetic lock which might help keep undesirables out.

Had a nice pub lunch and decided not to stroll as it was getting wet and windy. The forecast says that it is going to get significantly cooler again next week .

Plumber due to start w*rk here tomorrow. Bath being removed and replaced with nice big shower, walls being retiled etc. His quote was considerably lower than the others, I hope everything will be OK!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

12/05/2013 at 16:50

Hello, just thought I would pop in and say, I met Podds this morning and saw her afterwards looking fresh as a daisy. I had an eventful time, very nice to see some other faces.

12/05/2013 at 17:10

Hi there Steady - lovely to meet you today and hope the leg is not feeling too bad

I am indeed home, I did not visit the pub (as if I would!!) but did have a lovely lunch in a bistro type cafe (posher than what we get on Plannitt ffannitt ) and got home just in time to watch the tri on tv to see how it should be done!!

Not sure how to evaluate race - I was considerably slower than last time I did this race but it used to have a short run which is now probably the right length and that accounted most likely for about half the difference.............

Haven't seen full splits so will wait to pass final judgement until I have!!

And....now.........  for the arrival of Jessica Hope you mend well Ellie - I can't even begin to think about such unpleasanteries as a 3rd degree tear without feeling a little nauseous!!

12/05/2013 at 17:14

Hi all

Congratulations EllieWoohoo!!!

I have just popped in to say hello. I have spent a lovely couple of hours with the gorgeous, serene Yums, which has done me the power of good. I have had a small operation this week to remove a couple of skin cancers so she visited me as I couldn't be sure of getting a comfortabe spot in our usual cafe to prop my leg up. The stress of the unknown for the last couple of weeks had left me feeling a bit weepy and a chat and a lagh with Yums was just what the doctor should have ordered!!

((((((((to everyone))))))))))

I will try to have a bit of a read back but probably only manage a couple of pages . I hope everyone is ok and lots stuff going on here as ususal. Good stuff, of course

12/05/2013 at 17:15

Well done Podds

M...eldy    pirate
12/05/2013 at 17:28

Lovely to see you Larry and I am glad that Yums has cheered you up 

Well done Ellie .. glad we had no further details 

Well done Podds too  

I home, spoken to father on the phone who tries very hard to understand IM but I am not sure he comprehends much beyond the golf couse

12/05/2013 at 17:42

Lovely to see you Larry and glad Yums was able to cheer you up hope all is well with the leg now!

well done Podds

im feeling a bit pooped!

12/05/2013 at 18:03

Hi again, hello Steady.

HL and I managed a gentle hour on the bikes.  My HR got into 3 figures once

FIL is back from that London, he thinks it'll be his last Cavalry Remembrance Parade, he's very tired.

An evening of carp telly stretches ahead.

12/05/2013 at 18:05

HI Larry, hope life is treating you well.

12/05/2013 at 18:09

Michael Palin is to be made a fellow at the BAFTAs worth watching just for that!!

I loves him I does

M...eldy    pirate
12/05/2013 at 18:19

I suspect he will be on too late for me tonight !

12/05/2013 at 18:33

Awwwww, larry  lovely to spend some time together and see you on good form 

Woop, Woop Ellie  congratulations Ewwww, to the mullered nether regions.  I feel your pain - number one miniyums did similar to me

So, Podds, have you been trying today? Do tell us tales of your daring do 

Well cycled, sue. Wales can be wet can't it;-) 

bless m...eldy daddy. I'm sure he's reet proud a years though. When do I need to wave my pom poms?

Welcome steady CJ please tell us what you n Podds have been up to 

Minis just left to go to Gran Canaria  with their dad for a week. Me n Mrs dawg gonna miss them pesky kids  I have wine so will do what I can to make it through the week......

M...eldy    pirate
12/05/2013 at 18:41

For the majority of Saturday Yums i'm afraid!   this is not going to be a quick one thats for sure

12/05/2013 at 18:50

Evening. Congrats Ellie and well done podds!

Been bit dull all day here and now raining. I have however cycled 15 miles courtesy of youngest son. I ache. 

On hol next week,not going away, just nice to be off. 

M...eldy    pirate
12/05/2013 at 18:53

Get a last  minute deal Amanda ...i've just seen the countryfile forecast  

12/05/2013 at 18:56

To Lanza?????

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.