working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,941 to 217,960 of 234,446 messages
M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2013 at 17:18

Good moaning all 

I shall add a 17hh Irish Draught to the mix of neddies .... he too would have qualified nationally (allegedly) had he not developed arthritis at a young age and changed his job description to being a professional layabout 

I had a very nice run this afternoon before w*rk, 11 glorious miles in the sunshine along the tow path,  my garmin flashed at me about half way as the memory was full so I had to stop and reset, it became quite an interesting experiment ...
The second 5.5 miles of my run I was only 3 seconds per mile avg slower than the first and HR was only 4 beats avg higher so I am quite pleased with that!
R4/W1 and with a 10.40 avg - will be happy if that is IM Race pace but I very much doubt it !!

05/05/2013 at 17:26

Podds - is the DG okay?

Jasper has been fighting - again  so we'll be bathing his ear today 

have a nice day all.

05/05/2013 at 17:31

Sorry - on my ipad and it just re-posted my previous post 

Snaily - my two also have the water fountains and it does make a big difference in encouraging them to drink.

Chuggs - it was a terrific experience and if you can get to Watford then I totally recommend the HP experience.  We only live about half an hour away so it was easy for us and well worth the money and the trip.

Spent the afternoon making a gluten free carrot cake (I have to have a GF diet) and am now off to swim before finally getting some WINE this weekend!!

05/05/2013 at 17:44

Snaily, as I've said on FB, you are doing brilliantly, I feel like a proud mum

Well gardened Podds and Chuggs that was on my 'to do' list but I've changed beds & stuff instead!

Tewkesbury is looking like it'll be a good day out, mate from work is coming to support along with daught, Far Far is racing too and we're all stopping for lunch! HURRAH!!

05/05/2013 at 17:45

well run indeed spence and snaily! i'm afraid that after my 36 mins of running yesterday i couldn't bring myself to go again... spent the morning in community garden and the afternoon in bed...!

05/05/2013 at 17:45

Well done snaily, M..eldy aned everyone else that got out for a decent run today. I spent the morning clearing stuff out from where we used to keep the horses and the afternoon being naughty with a few beers watching the snooker  Will get back to the running tomorrow though, promise...

05/05/2013 at 18:51

I haven't run ...  ... but I will tomorrow ...

We had an afternoon out in Formby yesterday - north of Liverpool. Nice walk across the sand and sandhills then through the pine woods. Saw a couple of red squirrels but at a distance in the treetops (that's what it's famous for!)

Woke up today feeling tired and stiff (lugging camera and big lens round?) so thought I'd run later once I'd loosened up, so had a day in the university library, where I felt old and European! Then decided not such a good idea to run as I hadn't eaten much ...

Pippette is packing for a short cheap break (handluggage only!) to Palma. I came home to find she'd been looking for our luggage weighing thingy in the wardrobe on the landing (where we keep that sort of stuff) only to have a child's toilet seat that was on top of the wardrobe fall down and bruise her nose. No, it's not that funny, of course!

05/05/2013 at 19:01

Evening

I have a lovely day lined up tomorrow with some special company........just need to sort out an eatery which takes into account pooches, possibly hot weather and possibly freezing sea fog............

M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2013 at 19:19

Packing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!               Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh    

05/05/2013 at 19:23

Toothbrush?

05/05/2013 at 19:34

Pippi, why have you still got a child's toilet seat!!?

your walk sounds lovely

H has just texted to say she's entered Tewkesbury and her hubbie is doing the 5miler and will join us for lunch This is turning into my kinda race

05/05/2013 at 20:12

dont forget your running shoz!

Pippi sounds a great day out, and yes I was also wondering why you had a childs toilet seat????

Just looked at the plan for next week, says 9 miles (it only said 8 miles today but i did a bit extra!) jeez that route is going to kill me before i even get to the start line.  but what ever way I run, there is a bloody big hill 

Tomorrow the weather man says its going to be a scorcher, if it turns out to be true, we're off to the beach with our deck chairs and a packed lunch, and the recovery run will have to wait! 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/05/2013 at 20:13

evening

It seems that people are having good Bank Hols - the weather is lovely now, it started a bit dull but it's been a proper springhassprung day. Bluebells, garlic and anemones growing in abundance in the woods and the trees are greening up nicely.

Today I have walked the muppets, battled with (and won) an embroidery pattern on the machine. Completed the ironing. Runned, biked (very short both of them in the gym) then yoga'd

I love full days when I feel that it was worth getting up for 

Meldy, when you get to Lanza, look out for the Celtic Tri lot. They are a local club to me and I know most of them. Rose, one of the coaches will be supporting - give them a wave for me.

05/05/2013 at 20:46
Spence wrote (see)

Pippi, why have you still got a child's toilet seat!!?

That's what Pippette asked too! (things come in useful! - although in 20 years we have never had a small child who needed one visiting us ...)

She couldn't find any ice to put on her nose, but she did find a Mars bar in the freezer so used that and then ate it to feel better!

05/05/2013 at 20:50

Evenink,

(((Cheesy))), I'm glad that is behind you and you can move on. A nice hollibobs sounds just the thing for you and Roni - and how lucky that you can hurl insults at Meldy while you are there!

I am very relieved to hear that the DG and Jasper are non the worse for their escapades. I do hope that MIA cat returns home fit and well very soon.

Well run Snaily, Spence, Meldy, Daffy, Podds and anyone else who has.

Sounds like a lovely walk Pippi.

Noggs, good news about the INR.

Westie, glad that you are recovering from the man-flu, it can be nasty at your age

(((Yummy's knee))) The reason men offer to help you is cos you is little and frail-looking. When one looks big and 'capable' no-one bothers!

Podds, I am glad you have cleaned your butt - bout time too .

Sue, how exciting to be having a noo car! What colour will this one be? Something suitable for a retired lady I hope .

The weekend started a bit grey and windy here but has improved as time went on. As we currently have no oven (as the heating element blew on Friday evening) it was a great excuse to go out for lunch today. It was a bit too windy to sit outside on the quay - but very warm in the window. How lovely that we still have another day off .

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

05/05/2013 at 21:07

Evening WAISTers

Meldy, When you going out there ? PM sent, need to know how to recognise you for cheering etc and how to meet up if you want to, I would like to meet the rest of the crew too

Snaily, 8.5 miles? wow. nice one. you really are coming along well!

Went out with Roni for 2.5 hrs, but a tight ITBand stopped Roni after 2-3 miles, so I ended up doing intervals running away from her then coming back! some nice hill stuff done same way too. Lovely day for it, round the Bewl trail again. Seemed like an effort cokking, so we have just come back from the pub after beer and food

Thanks for comments on the extended court case, its been s**t time, and I have lost faith in the legal system that allows blatant (and proven) lies court time, based on 'we have to allow for it being a delicate situation being family' what a load of bollocks! If it was criminal law, it would have been thrown out after the many lies were proven and uncovered (with some help ) by the judge! and other areas of law it would not have been allowed to even go ahead based on the very long time taken to bring the case (11 years after separation 7 years from divorce) but family law is a joke, and many people get screwed long after things have been settled.

/rant off, time to move on Theres a new life waiting for us both now

M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2013 at 21:07

Sue I certainly shall .. what is there kit like?

Sluggy I am not sure it is appropriate to be more jealous of shouting insults at me than a holiday

It is mad busy here ... roll on Tuesday

05/05/2013 at 22:14

Well done to everyone who ran today.  We did 1600m at swim club and the not-so-old knees are holding up well.  I've had bad dislocations to both patellas involving broken pieces of cartilage and bone over the years - the left one happened last August - and both have osteoarthritis now, but careful management and a wonderful phsyio is helping me to get my life back together again.  I'm 40, btw, not 90!!

Hope all those heading to Lanza have fun.  I'm so behind on everything as I haven't been here for a few years but is this to do with Club La Santa??  I stayed there years ago and had an awesome time.  Hope fun is had by all.

Had WINE at last and looking forward to my parents visiting us (well, the cats anyway)  tomorrow.

05/05/2013 at 22:25

Great tweet from local police, caught two blokes breaking into an office building in town...

yep, you guessed it!

Bloody muppets!

M...eldy    pirate
05/05/2013 at 23:47

Cheesy I fly out on Tuesday week and am there until the following Thursday, making a nice break of it this time round and I am not coming home until I have a tan!!

Do you know whereabouts you are staying?   We will more than likely be at the early swims Wed/Thurs and Friday

You really cannot mistake the pirate kit .. yellow tops with black skull & crossbones and most of us have off duty kit in black n yeller as well so if you see anyone walking around then just ask where I am !   I am the female with the very long plait  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.