working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,981 to 218,000 of 237,149 messages
13/05/2013 at 07:29

mmmm well er yes good point well made!!

Why didn't I have tea in bed Yums!!?

Morning!

Two weeks till half term!! How has that happened!!??

13/05/2013 at 07:49

Nogs, why isn't there any news on the BBC on the Biro!?

13/05/2013 at 08:11

morning

6k done (3.7miles) in 38 mins, legs wouldnt work this morning so did a flat route, they were very stiff from saturdays run.

Yums enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts

better get a wiggle on for work  *lobs 1000 personal files for scanning over to yums*

(Never pass up an offer of help!!!)

13/05/2013 at 08:44

Morning each,

Spence, Yep, you've really got this whole iphone thing cracked

The BBC can't report on the Giro, they're too busy telling us about Ferguson retiring.

I hope Moyes can at least chew gum with his mouth closed, something Ferguson never mastered.

I'm working in oxford today once the A34 has ceased being a car park.

13/05/2013 at 09:27

Pleurgh - put a bit too much ginger in my porridge (where HAS the cinnamon gone?!) - tis a bit, er, *warming*...

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 10:13

Morning team

Noggs I too was sat in the same carpark this morning ... about 08.25 ?

I have a million things to do and none that I can do from here

13/05/2013 at 10:35

Morning All

In early to sort out major exam crisis which now hopefully seems to have been resolved

So snowed under though I'm starting to slightly panic  Lots of deep breaths and ticking off one thing at a time is required I suspect

First IB exams this afternoon too which I've never administered before so need to be doubly vigilant re them.......

Think I may just run round in circles flapping my hands around for a moment!!!

13/05/2013 at 10:39

Nogs, I put Biro 'by purpose'

dalasts always used to say " by purpose'" when the boy did anything so we still say it

13/05/2013 at 11:15

Morning

Hi Noggy life here is fine and dandy just now thanks. Some bumpy bits here and there but that's how it goes and its sure never dull

I will look on the webby for you Meldy on Saturday. We now have a dongle, which gives us fast (well, compared to the old dial-up, faster) broadband. Trouble is, it gets asn intermittent signal as we are on the edge of the range for it. And it gets slowed down when lots of other peope are using it but its definately a step into civilisation

Ellie, lovely pictures on facebook. Ahhhhh!!!

I am waiting for Holly to ring then taking a trip to Lidl. I cannot do any exercise until my stitches are out so that will have to do for excitement for today

13/05/2013 at 11:58

Morning all, just. Jeez, the WAISter site moves fast---I only looked away for 12 hours... but from what I can remember:

Ellie, big congrats of Jessica's safe arrival  That tear sounds painful, so take it easy; but they do heal pretty fast, if I recall correctly. 

Welcome back, Flibs!! How good to have you home! Now we need lots of nice gossip from you 

Melds, don't worry, with all the rest of us hunched anxiously over our screens I'm sure Podds will be kept well informed---possibly even by someone who can pronounce your name without being scatological  

Podds, big well done for yesterday! No matter the speed, you done good!! AND able to sort exam panics the next day??? Superwoman, I've always said so. 

((((((((((Alfie))))))))))

Can't imagine what could have scared him so much he shot in like that! But good that he seems to be forgetting it already. And fingers crossed that the shower works properly!

Larry, wonderful to have you back! And rather envious of your day with she whom we now must call 'her Serene Yumminess'?! Glad the operation is behind you, I presume they are happy with the results and you can relax now. xxx

Snaily, nobly chugged!! You're doing so well. And working at the same time...! When is the wedding? Not long now, I think? 

Nogs, don't tell me you are not agog at all the shenanigans with the MU trainer?? Unnatural man! (Quite a delight, actually, as all the male Chuggs are naturally riveted...)

Cheesie, are you trying to make the rest of us twisted and bitter? Or do you just do it naturally?  Sounds like a fab time, and wonderful that you will be there to cheer madly for Her Meldiness as she strolls through with her usual aplomb 

Well cycled, Dragon. In Wales, when they say 'wet and windy' they usually mean it, so any ground covered is bliddy good going!

Yums, bet you do miss the mini's but also nice to have time to yourself! I mean, fancy having tea before taking Cushtie out---the height of decadent luxury! xxx

And well cycled you, Amandax. 15 miles can be quite a long way at times! 

Spence, 14 minute improvement? (THUD) Totally superb!

XB, thanks for the link to that Food Whisperer site---looks really good, I've subscribed to it. 

Sorry for only lurking, but friends were here til Friday and since then we've just been catching up on things, in between showers. One nice thing, C1 did an 8 k race on Sunday to raise money for breast cancer research, in honour of my mum (her Nana). When I told her I had a running friend who had had the same thing, here's what she put on her back, and on the tribute wall: 

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/165813/gallery/130511_mothers_day_race.jpg?width=350

The running community is just amazing. xxx

13/05/2013 at 12:36

Hi to all WAISTers from Boston, Massachussetts!  The weather is bright and sunny and it looks like it will be a glorious day here.  I'm not exercising or running today but I rollered my legs (MrSA packed the foam roller without me knowing as he had extra luggage space) and we're off shopping shortly.

No time to read back, but I hope you are all well (including Alfie, LGO and all other animals).

Plod well to all those plodding today 

13/05/2013 at 12:42

Just had a quick look back - big congratulations to Ellie and welcome to the world Jessica.

13/05/2013 at 12:57

afternoon

Although I'm not a footy fan, I do think the retirement of Fergie is pretty amazing, well it'll never be done again.  (and with all that jumping around he did, his hip replacement will be coming sooner rather than later!)

I'm joining podds in the work flap.  we're in such a mess at the moment because the Estates team has decided we need to relocate offices this Friday (the build has been going on since sept but now its a rush job!!!)  there is so much crap it is unreal, and I'm ruthless at chucking stuff out so the whole dept is in a panic.  My motto is, if you havent touched it in 6 months it goes in the bin. 

13/05/2013 at 13:31

Afternoon WAISTers 

found the IM site but not much info yet. Tracker not live till the day as you said I assume we just need your race number Meldy? 

Pompoms ready  

13/05/2013 at 13:39

"daught" is what I meant back up there!! ^^^^

Chuggs, as I said in my mail....thank you, I was very touched

Interval session done

13/05/2013 at 16:49

Spence? Touched?

Nuff said.

I appear to be back on my bike.  28 blustery, sporting miles pedalled with a certain style and panache.  I kept light on the pedals and a nice spinny gear and I think it's the quickest I've done that circuit this year.  Most strange.

13/05/2013 at 17:23

morning all

tried to catch up a bit today - failed abit, but welcome back to Ellie and Flibbs - and welcome to the world Jessica

13/05/2013 at 17:42

I'd been waiting for you Nogs!!

Far Far 'J' has entered next years Colchester half!!

13/05/2013 at 18:01

Just managed to force myself to get out and do 2.5m despite the horrific winds  Blooming hard work after half way when I turned directly into the wind though. Pooped now.

13/05/2013 at 18:21

Nice and sunny here, not that I've managed to enjoy it.  about to go home, all hot and sweaty..................I hate office moves!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.