working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

217,981 to 218,000 of 242,976 messages
14/05/2013 at 22:39

Well organised, Podds. Racing , Podds after your triathlon? Cool 

Feel a bit sick. Checked my bank account n noticed that the fish has reduced what he pays in child support.  Naturally he hasn't mentioned it and I've not heard from the CSA so I don't know whether he has just taken it upon himself or its been through the proper channels.  I shall contact CSA tomorrow n try to see what the cowardly slime ball has been up to

15/05/2013 at 05:53

Blowing a hooley overnight but at least its dry.......for now 

I'm brewing up 

15/05/2013 at 07:02

Morning each.

Yums, it's scary how many men don't want to take responsibility for their children after divorce.  I hope the CSA call goes well.

For balance, when I worked as a PI I found many women who made a career out of marriage and divorce too.

It's still wet and windy here so I'll hold the ride off for a while.

Coffee is on.

15/05/2013 at 07:16

well run Yums 

my friends ex reduced her payments when he re married and had another child, she couldn't do my thing about it 

15/05/2013 at 09:25

Spence, I've known a few men who'll welcome another partner and kids just to spite the ex.  

Having said that, the CSA is a rubbish set up, relying purely on targets to justify itself.  They make little effort to hold the feckless responsible preferring the easy targets.

I've decided to go for a spin, I'm back in winter kit and overshoes.  HL is feeling a bit poorly so I won't wander too far - 2 hours or so, I guess.

15/05/2013 at 12:10

(((HL))) I hope she is soon feeling better.

(((Yumms))) gggrrrrr, slimeball indeed!

'Just another 5 hours' weeding Chuggy?? As Noggy says, you do seem to spend an inordinant amount of time doing that when you are in France!

Well cooked XB. SB tried making gnocci from scratch many years ago. It wasn't a resounding success, but he was still quite young at the time. Since then I stick to buying it ready made, I'm afraid.

No plumber today as he is sitting an exam of some sort. We do have a bathroom floor now so I don't have to worry about losing Alfie. We don't have a shower or washbasin yet though - and our kitchen is at the front of the house . I think that calls for a duvet day!

WAIST well xxx

15/05/2013 at 12:42

42 Earth miles done mostly in zone 2, a little zone 3 and one flit into 4 on a short sharp hill.  The speed was good and it only started raining about 5 minutes from the finish.

The training I've done has obvioulsy been right as I'm moving well despite age, size and geneeral infirmity.  My left calf is still swollen and niggled just a bit once or twice.

All in all, a good use of a wet Wednesday morning.

15/05/2013 at 14:07

Lets hope meldy has a relaxing holiday  

Hope Fish Face pays up Yums. and bonus points for running in the rain.

did 5k this morning in 31mins, my fastest yet, and I really didnt fancy going, but once I was out it was lovely.  Having major problems sleeping, doing long hours at work and then at home thinking about work.  But we should be moved next week and everything will settle down again.

15/05/2013 at 14:35

nice plodding Snaily

nice cycling Noggin

Sluggy - we've just had a new bathroom too - it looks bloomin lovely just needs painting etc - how long till the boys get it back into a hideous state - grrr

Yumms - I think we may need to send the boys round.....

I have plodded this morning but was a bit of a struggle, and I seem to have entered a hald mara this sunday wothout moving a muscle, how did that happen........Spence!!!

15/05/2013 at 14:42

You called!? 

Just think of the giggle we'll have during lunch after!! 

Well run Snaily and cycled Nogs

I have done 3 miles !

15/05/2013 at 16:05

I sometimes wonder why I bother - after all what difference does it make if some stupid kid leaves with no exams..........and the blatant disregard for everything that is done for them really p*sses me off................

They are ungrateful little bar stewards

15/05/2013 at 16:12

15/05/2013 at 16:20

Oh and Far Far, tell us how you described yourself to me in your last text.....

Race tart I think it was!!

15/05/2013 at 16:38

oh yes race tart  

15/05/2013 at 18:39

I've had to take HL to hospital, she's really not well.  I should be ok to pick her up later.

She's being tested for something I can't pronounce.

15/05/2013 at 18:57

Oh what!!?

Poor (((((HL)))))

(or HRH as I like to think of her) 

hope shes  back home soon Nogs xx 

15/05/2013 at 19:52

(((HL))) I sincerely hope that this is nothing serious Noggy.

(((Podds))) Have you tried hitting your head against a brick wall? It sounds as if it might be more rewarding!

Please can I come and have a 'proud mummy' moment? After nearly 2 years of interning up in that there Lunnon SB has just landed his first proper job  It is with the same company they have been with for some months now, they have finally persuaded the bean counters that they are worth hanging on to. He is currently celebrating in the pub, the boss's credit card is behind the bar...

15/05/2013 at 19:56

Crikey (((HL))) You're going to get your own parking space soon, Nogs.

Well run and biked as appropriate.

15/05/2013 at 20:08

Just peeped in but big news, I see!

HOORAY FOR SB!!!!! You are TOTALLY entitled to be a proud mummy, Sluggie, and not for jst a moment! It's a real achievement to het a job these days, and he's working in such a competitive area---he really deserves that job so it's nice to see some justice in the world!

(((((((((((Nogs and HL)))))))))

like Sluggie said, realy hiope it's nothing sious. Please keep us posted.

that's really low. I hope the CSA put the boot in tho they are not noted for efficiency alas. But giant gold star for chugging up and down hills in the rain!

Very stylish chugging there, Snaily---all the more since work is so heavy. 

just passing through but as we are sharing news I am pleased to report that C2 has just passed his driving exam at first go. The test in NL is alot tougher than the one in the UK so he's really chuffed. must dash, back later. Xx

15/05/2013 at 20:35

Evening WAISTers 

7 miles done tonight on same trails north of Puerto  bit easier tonight as temp was down to 21! So didn't wilt as much. Got a few pics in the way too, hopefully I will be able to add them from iStupidPhone later, if not, I won't. 

Yums: if you have an official order for that money, he can't just stop or change it without permission. He may be just trying it on, he isn't seeing my ex scumbag is he? Sounds a similar mentality. Maybe go have a word atvthe CAB of visit a family law solicitor who does 30 min free consultations?

I also don't understand blokes who want nothing to do with their kids on divorce, I wanted Adam all the time, but had to settle for 50/50 and wouldn't accept less. She assumed I would only see him weekends every two weeks. How wrong Could she be !!!

loads of iron people Here now, all over the place! 

Meldy keeping an eye out, but not seen any pirate looking people yet. We are going up to La Santa tommorow (thurs) for the expo and parade.

WAIST well 

(No mention of hot sunny weather was made in the making of this post) 

Edited: 15/05/2013 at 20:39
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.