working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

218,001 to 218,020 of 242,762 messages
15/05/2013 at 20:37

Hurrah for C2!!

15/05/2013 at 20:40

Sluggie, of course you're allowed a proud mummy moment well done to SB! 

And well done to C2 too

many news Nogs?

15/05/2013 at 20:46

(((((HL))))) hope she's soon fettled n home safe with you, Noggs. 

((((Podds))))  *hands out earplugs to WAISTers* go let it all out Podds 

Woop Woop two proud mummies tonight well bloomin done slugboy  n C2 .  

All round to farfars for a bath me thinks. bags first in  

Sooper plodding, snaily

I have done some digging. It seems that the CSA have not reassessed my payments. I have a plan but like Spence says I'm unlikely to get the money back

15/05/2013 at 21:22

Hmmm I seem to have lost Meldys race number anyone remember if it was 156 or 159? I think it was 156 .... 

15/05/2013 at 21:43

Ayup, just back in the door,  HL has been kept in overnight for obs and to get some intravenous antibiotics into her.  She has Acute Pyelonephritis, which according to Dr Google can be pretty serious,  She's wiped out and in a lot of pain at the moment.

She'll be out in the morning and my work is flexible enough I can look after her.

You're right XB, HL and I are a bit of a drain on the rations right now.  Just a couple of weeks back we were saying how generally fit and healthy we are.  Neither her illness or my problem seem to be age or lifestyle related so I guess it's just one of those things.

I'm happy to report that her care seems to be very good so that's another gold star to the NHS staff.

I'm just about to bend the rules and have a large red wine flavoured drink.

15/05/2013 at 21:46

(((((HL & Nogs))))

She's in the right place, hope she's home tomorrow 

16/05/2013 at 06:04

Morning 

((()(hl n Noggs))))) shameful attention seeking if you ask me  Hope this morning finds her more her old self. You going to take her bike over so you can cycle back;-) 

Wouldn't it be lovely to get up in the morning when we are ready n not when life dictates we have to. The dogs bottom is making a lot of loud wind noises this morning. kinda spoiling our bonding cuddle time!

XB
16/05/2013 at 07:05

Morning. I hope Mrs HL is well on the way to full recovery. That's an itis I've never heard of. I daren't google it in case I start get the symptoms. The perils of being a hypochondriac.

TGIT.

Feeling very jaded today.

16/05/2013 at 07:14

Morning

16/05/2013 at 07:39

Morning each,

Just had a message from HL, the pain in her joints is better but she still has a temperature.  I'll have to wait and see if she can come home.

I've told her not to worry about me or the housework.  I can eat at the pub and she can catch up with the ironing etc when she feels a bit better.

I think it helped.

It's a glorious morning here, perfect for as bike ride  I'm in for a blood test this morning, possibly a coffee in town and pay a nice cheque into my account if I can remember how to do it.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
16/05/2013 at 07:45

morning

(((HL))) , nasty and painful. Yes, potentially serious, but very treatable. She'll feel a bit under the weather for a few days, but should recover well. She needs to be aware of anything like cystitis and get it treated straight away, often the condition she has can be the result of an untreated bladder infection.

Why jaded XB? You overdoing it? a phenomenon that I can't be accused of just lately 

Yumms, a bummer, the worst thing is that he didn't actually tell you so you could be prepared! I hope you get a resolution soon.

5 working days left - I'm wibbling and excited all at the same time 

16/05/2013 at 07:50

morning.Glad HL bit better Nogs.If her temperatures still up though cant see them letting her out just yet

I am paying for excesses of birthday eating by feeling like an elephant. Need to get back on track

Joys of a meeting at bank today then maybe a bit of gardening if rain holds off

16/05/2013 at 08:08

Nogs, you are the kind of husband every girl dreams of!!

16/05/2013 at 09:41

Morning

Just dashing through

(((HL))))) glad she seems to have turned the corner and is getting good care

And mega hoorahs for SB and C2 and their proud mummies - well deserved all round

Yums - what can I say...............guess we need a few deep sea fishermen around to round up the bottom feeders.........

Byee

16/05/2013 at 10:10

Morning,

(((HL))) I am glad that she is feeling a bit better today. As Sue says, this is very treatable but she will be feeling rather unwell at the moment . Noggy, when you have your next INR done, mention the alcofrol otherwise they could change your warfarin dose when it isn't really neccessary.

(((Yummy))) how about asking CSA about an attachment of earnings so that the money comes straight out of his wages?

Cheesy, it sounds as if you are chilling nicely. Make the most of it a the place will soon be over-run with strange people wearing yellow and black.

(((XB))) it's not like you to feel jaded.

Sue, I guess you are busy tying up lots of loose ends before you leave? When is your last working day?

It looks like a better day here, am looking forward to my afternoon with TM. The plumber is back but has finished the really noisy stuff (like knocking the old tiles off ) so it's not too bad.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

16/05/2013 at 11:31

(((HL)))))) That does sound horrid Poor lass, hope she's better soon. Still, gives you the opportunity to brush up on your nursing skills I suppose

Hooray for SB!! What fabulous news

Grrrrr to fish face though Yums. Grrrr indeed. Can't be doing with that nonsense, hope it gets sorted out. My own mother would never go through the CSA as she wanted to keep relations good, so my dad just gave her £20 a week in cash (for 2 of us)from when I was 3 til I was 18 (it never went up). She was on income support when we were very small, and later family credit when she started work, and obviously that was calculated on the basis of her also having this £20 from my dad. Except sometimes he'd turn up and say 'sorry, can't afford it this week'... Always rankled a little if he was also showing us photos of his trip to the motor racing!

10k on Sunday - should I have done some running or something?

16/05/2013 at 12:45

Hello all

((((((((HL))))))) sounds nasty but getting better, hope it gets even better very quickly

Hoorah for offspring getting jobs, driving licences or generally being praiseworthy and pride inducing.

Happy belateds Amandax - hope the calories were lovely and chocolatey

Have missed much so wooo hoooo, (((()))) and ~~~~~~~, I think M.eldy is getting her ironing ready, XB is a bit out of sorts, Yums is being tested by pond life, Far too fast and Spence are up to no good, Alfie is doing some tiling, and Podds is enjoying working with teenagers. Sorry I have missed anything important.

I have had a few challenging days, issuing not very nice news to people and realising that there is more upset and uncertainty to come.

Today though I am working from home and looking forward to a couple of slightly more positive days.

16/05/2013 at 12:53

What you doing Sunday DL!?

16/05/2013 at 13:07

woohoo for SB

and woohoo for C2

and big hugs for poorly HL

I was just getting over 1 lurgy and have been struck down with another - not like me at all. Had a funny turn in the shower, came over all faint! in work now but just feeling knackered! need to get better for the weekend

16/05/2013 at 13:15

Jenni

If you are not well do not run

There will always be another race but there's only one you

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.