working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

218,001 to 218,020 of 239,503 messages
13/05/2013 at 18:26

Ellie! (so you aren't being like my Dutch friend who was told off by her doctor for being out - on a bike! - the day after giving birth. She smiled and said the baby's fine - she's at home, only to be told the baby was allowed out but she wasn't! (on a bike!!! ))

London was fab - had an educational day that was  quite exciting and stimulating. Worried that Mr P might have trailed round, but he had had a great day - quite excited about Star troopers in Hamley's and basket ball in Trafalgar Square. ..

Pompeii and Herculaneum exhibition was very good. They take you round as if you are in the various rooms of a typical house, with the artefacts that were found there, all very much about everyday life. Then at the very end you get to the disaster, with a few of the body casts, and a couple of statues, bringing it back to being real people. I did have to avert my eyes from the statue of Pan being very inappropriate with a goat!

Shattered today! Not sure why, as it wasn't that exhausting.

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 19:29

Now ... what have I forgotten?

13/05/2013 at 19:43

Sun cream? Bike? 

5 miles done earlier, slow pace with lots of water! Dog it's hot and dusty !! 

Deep dive booked for the morning, one of my faves here  should be good! 

WAIST well all

13/05/2013 at 19:44

To tell us how much you love us!!?

out? The day after giving birth?  On a bike!!? Ouch!!

13/05/2013 at 19:45

Safety pins?

Clean knickers?

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 19:47

Safety pins Pippi  SAFETY PINS!!!  This is ironman woman ... safety pins indeed  

Passport yes
Knickers yes

13/05/2013 at 20:02

Well cycled, Noggs 

Sounds like a fab trip, pippi. Pompei always fascinated me as a kid 

A www, bless c1, how lovely 

Silly J she should have entered the doughnut dash in Colchester. 5 k n only one doughnut to eat every kilometer

These personal files are fascinating, snaily;-) 

Busy but productive day. At work 7.30, dog walked twice, met chum for lunch, mowed lawn, finished leftover wine - oh n shouted at a woman. She started it. She stepped into the road as I was cycling home. I took evasive action n said nothing while she stood dithering in the middle of the road. Then she told me to slow down! Just how fast could I be going on my jalopy off road bike ??? I suggested she cross properly!

13/05/2013 at 20:07

Tee hee!!

13/05/2013 at 20:29

One of those pretty pink sun visors girls go jogging in on sunny days?

13/05/2013 at 20:30

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 20:37

Do you want a slap?   

13/05/2013 at 20:41

I have read back again - and forgotten everything again! I know that the Lesser Spotted Larry made an appearance, Yummy is being Serene, Cheesy is being annoying and Meldy is being Meldy. Did I miss anything?

Plumer has finished for the day - leaving me with no bath, no washbasin and no floor or door on the bathroom. Alfie has already disappeared under the floorboards once . Tell me again how long this is going to take?

WAIST well xxx

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 21:18

I am not sure who I pity the most .... the GPO or the lady downstairs  

13/05/2013 at 21:38

LOL pippi, very fetching

Lady downstairs obviously has no idea what she's signed up for!

13/05/2013 at 21:52

And I imagine Meldy's cunning plan is to clear out before Her Downstairs realises what she's taken on! 

Not sure what time Melds sets off tomorrow, so thought I'd best look in now to say

GO GO GO MELDY!!!!!!!!!!

We will be watching on Saturday with basted breasts, cheering ourselves hoarse and listening carefully every time the announcer pronounces your name 

Have a fab time!!!! xxx

M...eldy    pirate
13/05/2013 at 21:55

Thanks lovely 

I shall be leaving about 8am tomorrow and am at the mercy of the M40 and the M42, I am relying on Noggs to keep the relevant junctions clear for me

I shall look in as and when I can, I think I have internet access so I shall give regular weather updates!!

13/05/2013 at 21:57

If you havent already seen this watch The Job Lot, its hilarious!

13/05/2013 at 22:05

Go Melds, the roads will be clear and red carpeted.

Have a good un and don't  forget we'll all be following, so no pressure.

13/05/2013 at 22:24
M...eldy wrote (see)

Now ... what have I forgotten?

All you really need is passport and bike - everything else can be borrowed or acquired in situ

Have a good race and hold up the honour of the WAISTers amongst pirates and say hello to anyone out there I know

13/05/2013 at 22:50

Ooh Melds you'll look beautiful in that hat!

so is race day Saturday!!?

hope it's a good for you

will be thinking of you!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.