working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

218,321 to 218,340 of 233,576 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/05/2013 at 06:27

Morning

Go well Meldy - most of all enjoy. We'll keep a nice cooling weather front going for you for when you get back 

14/05/2013 at 07:21

Morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDAX!!!!!!

Has she gone yet!!?

14/05/2013 at 07:30

Woo Hoo, a birthday, is there jelly and ice cream?

Have a great day Amanda.

Melds should be terrorising Wetherspoons at Birmingham airport, the Full English washed down with Guinness.

XB
14/05/2013 at 07:40

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA

Have a great day.

Bon Voyage, Meldy.

3ish miles this morning. Low HR but just felt flat.

Dentist later then I might start building an ark.

14/05/2013 at 08:13

Oooh, Happy Birthday Amandax 

Hope they spoil you rotten! 

Sue, 'a cooling weather front'.....what a nice way to put it! 

Nogs, a full English plus Guinness? At this hour? You ARE a ghoul! 

XB, not even you can have a fantastic run every single time. But 3 miles is 3 miles. Hope the dentist is kind to you!

Mr C and I are off to the market, then I thought I might try something different and do some weeding. (Yep, really. I think it's going to have taken me about 40 hours to get all the little blighters out. And of course by the time I finish, they'll be popping up again where I started...aaargh, Noggie, save me!!!!) 

14/05/2013 at 08:17

Good morning. Thanks for birthday wishes. 

I went out yesterday for meal with oh as he's out today. Lunch with mum later, family meat at carvery later. Plus cake. I have decided birthday calories don't count!

Went to run club last night but 2.5 miles felt long way! Think need a rest day.

14/05/2013 at 10:05

Happy birthday Amandax  birthday calories difinitely don't count!

oh I missed Meldy - vibe machine is well and truly on charge - wooooohooo go Melds!!!

I plodded 4 miles this morning

M...eldy    pirate
14/05/2013 at 11:03

Having trouble posting for some reason but have circumnavigated the issue!

many thanks to Noggs for clearing the junction, not a car to be seen at 0800!! Unheard of!

currently chilling in costa having checked in mega early and got rid of the (overweight) bags!

happy birthday Amanda !!

14/05/2013 at 11:55

Happy Birthday Amanda, make the most of those magic birthday calories 

I am ignore all the posts by people who are away in sunny climes 

14/05/2013 at 14:58

Afternoon,

Happy Birthday Amandax

Bon Voyage Meldy, the vibe machine is on charge and will be doing its job on Saturday. You know that we are proud of you, whatever happens on the day.

Grey, wet and cool here again but someone on another forum (yes, apparently there are others!) has pointed out that there has been a cool spell at this time of year for centuries, so much so that many countries refer to the saints who have saint's Days on 11, 12, 13 and 14 May the 'ice saints' or variations thereof.

Have done a sluggie with MS and ate far too much . Plumber is here, currently knocking old tiles off the walls. Alfie seems pretty settled and is not showing signs of being upset by the procedings. I got him a new plastic food bowl while I was out as the metal one stuck to the magnetic tag on his collar this morning

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

14/05/2013 at 16:29

Sluggie, LOL at the idea of poor Alfie dragging his metal food bowl around him, stuck to him by his magnetic collar! But interesting what you said about 'ice saints', because an old French neighbour told me a few days ago that they call the period between 11 and 14 May 'la lune rousse', the red moon, a period in which there is often a risk of a late frost. I think those old peasants probably knew a lot more about things than we do now!

Melds, wot Sluggie said. We're right proud of you No Matter What!!! 

I have weeded. My hands are now tired and faintly achey from so many hundreds of grab-and-pull movements. But I think another 5 hours or so and it will be done. About to take Ross for a nice slow run/walk up the hills and down the hills, but first someone wants to drop by to talk about something.....

14/05/2013 at 18:10

How big is your garden Chuggs!!?

ahh poor Alfie!!

Did make me chuckle!!

14/05/2013 at 19:11

Chuggs, I have some friends who have cottages in France.  They seem to spend their time, like you, getting the gardens sorted in France, then doing the same when they get home. They can repeat the chores 2 or 3 times a year.

Sorry, but as much as I like rural France, it doesn't make sense to me.  Perhaps it's my aversion to weeds, or, perhaps you need a higly qualified, French speaking, gardener to travel ahead of you?  My quote is in the post.

I managed a morning of paid stuff before the rain arrived, it was quite productive, mainly, because the customer  went out for the day.

Tomorrow, will be longish ride day if the weather is fairly kind.

XB
14/05/2013 at 19:32

It's useful to be able to carry your bowl with you.

I fecking hate gardening. And Mr Gardener still hasn't sorted out our garden.

I cooked gnocchi tonight. From scratch. It was a bit of a faff but not as much hassle as making pasta. And it tasted OK even if it did look a bit car crashy.

14/05/2013 at 19:43

Did the girls like it?

XB
14/05/2013 at 20:49

4 clean plates

14/05/2013 at 21:04

Result!

its raining so much here we're having trouble with the tarpaulin 

14/05/2013 at 22:15

LOL at Alfie  

chuggy,  I thought gardens were meant to be enjoyed ! I'm sure them there hills would make great cycling for Noggs 

Happy burpday, mandax 

Glad Alfie isn't disturbed by the banging in ur house, sluggy 

plod clubbed in the rain. Running up hills and polishing our running downhill technique

14/05/2013 at 22:21

Good girl Yums

I went down to Folkestone for the first leg of the relay series I've taken over organising this year to do some financial transactions.....it was piddling down when I arrived but by the time the first leg runners were back the rain had stopped.......however I sloped off

Long week this week and I am supposedly racing again tomorrow night although I think the word "racing" may be a slight exaggeration..........pootling and pottering may be more apt

Right bed calls - I am soooooooo tired

Sweet dreams all

14/05/2013 at 22:39

Well organised, Podds. Racing , Podds after your triathlon? Cool 

Feel a bit sick. Checked my bank account n noticed that the fish has reduced what he pays in child support.  Naturally he hasn't mentioned it and I've not heard from the CSA so I don't know whether he has just taken it upon himself or its been through the proper channels.  I shall contact CSA tomorrow n try to see what the cowardly slime ball has been up to

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.