working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

218,561 to 218,580 of 236,300 messages
25/05/2013 at 19:43

Spence, have fun at your 'over 70's' disco.  I'm trying to cast my mind back to the 70's.  David Bowie? Gary Numan?

Yums, It's been a few years since I was dating but sounds like you're doing ok. As others have said, confidence and believing in yourself, and what you want are paramount.  Fingers crossed for you.

There's a programme about David Bowie on BBC 2 a bit later.  That's my evening taken care of.

M...eldy    pirate
25/05/2013 at 19:43

The day appears to have passed me by again ... I am at w8rk, hopefully for a short time and I had a mountain of emails to catch up on

Popped up to see the rhinocerous that used to me the FGO this morning, my goodness he has excelled himself FILTYH DIRTY does not even begin to cover it !!  Spent an hour brushing the filthy monster and put him out in the field!

Not having to do swim/bike/run things this week I was at a bit of a loose end so I went for a walk along the canal to check on the swans, walked about 4 mile to find them !!   Good news is that Mr & Mrs Swan still seem to have all 7 babies present and correct which is excellent news and hopefully will continue.

I have a day off tomorrow so I might just go and have a pootle on the mountain bike if the weather is good and then I am back in 'here' for the bank Holiday Monday so I can pay off the most recent vet bill that the FGO has incurred 

M...eldy    pirate
25/05/2013 at 19:44

Noggs ,... if thats a repeat one I may have seen it, its very good
If its not, I expect its good anyway!

25/05/2013 at 20:00

The scenery around Taupo is stunning, the town is all set up for mad adventures and the odd 'chota peg'

25/05/2013 at 20:09

Done that race report yet Meldy?!

Ooh, am I sleeping with Yums in Stratty? Excellent (although feel free to ditch me for personal trainer woman!) I'll be booking next month probably, will get in touch...

Today's 'dog being pesky' photo:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/DaffysGarden/20130525_200152.jpg

25/05/2013 at 20:09

There is a sport on telly more boring than footy....... Cricket 

did the neighbour survive cat sitting Meldy ???

M...eldy    pirate
25/05/2013 at 20:49

Well she is still talking to me so he cant have been that bad  

Daffs ... if I get 5 mins to myself in a mo I will start it !!

25/05/2013 at 20:51

I love cricket! You obviously don't understand it, Snaily. 

Jamie Oliver in slightly under an hour ... mind you, that does include washing out the grill pan before I could start. And I don't have everything quite as ready and to hand as he does. Something like herby cod with mashy peas. Very good (although next time I'd do the sauce and stuff first then hang round to watch the fish cook rather than dashing round and having to turn it down for quite a bit while I caught up!)

25/05/2013 at 21:24

He must have been on his best behaviour Meldy!

Well done Pippi. Nope don't understand cricket, they stand around a lot waiting for the bowler, even the fielding players were doing this 

I'm also bored of the footy that's currently on tv, good job I had a trip to the library!

Tomorrow we've made 'beach' plans. Morning up for a plod, afternoon hit the beach. Bleedin weather man better be right with his predictions of a scorcher tomorrow.

25/05/2013 at 21:26

Daffs he looks like he's having fun 

our next door neighbour is on about rehoming her dogs because she can't cope. They are both Yorkshire terriers and one is even called max! 

25/05/2013 at 22:03

Too much wine but alcohol helps to fight off a cold, right??

Yums - loved the idea of the WAISTers song.  Made me feel like I belong to a bigger family - and my parents phoned me tonight, which they never do, so things are good in the family-department tonight 

6 kids .  Ironically I come from large east end (London) family stock two generations ago but am not having any children myself so not really in a position to comment.  Cats are my thing  and I am totally looking forward to being the elderly mad woman who adopts loads of cats and is completely batty - well, slightly more so than now 

Cricket - I hate it but have to put up with it, given my other half is South African.  And rugby.  All year round for both - cursing Sky sports 

Snaily - sometimes in life we all need angels.  Snaunty needs you as her angel now and you will step up beautifully.

25/05/2013 at 22:08

(bl@@dy ipad cut me off!)

Snaily - Don't forget to look after your needs between now and the wedding.  Lots of rest, eating well, pampering yourself if you can.  

A long time ago a very wise person reminded me that the airline safety information tells us to put our own oxygen mask on before helping others.  You have to look after yourself first, Snaily, before you can be there effectively for Snaunty.

Forgive me if I am saying what has been said before and you already know all this.

I am in awe of your support for her.

25/05/2013 at 22:14

Coco I'm too am of the kid free zone, have a step daughter but she's 25 now with her own son (went throught teenage hell with her tho but that's a story for another time!) I like the idea of being a nutty old lady 

i am pampering myself tonight, couple of glasses of wine, reading most of the night and 1 layer of Thorntons polished off. Though I did let MrS ear the ones I didn't like 

25/05/2013 at 22:16

25/05/2013 at 22:20

Gonna be a tough weekend next week. Not sure if I said but I've got in tough with all snaunty FB friends as asked them to come to the wedding or send a card. So we should have some extra friends as a surprise. Not a lot of people know she is terminally ill though they know she's ill, so the focus will be on the wedding and nothing else (well unless HE opens his big gob!)

25/05/2013 at 23:14

Good Evening all

Hope Spence boy enjoys his scouting trip

Your Saturday sounds lovely Nogs

Chuggs – I’ve seen a masters called ‘Health care in a secure setting’ which looks to be relevant to where I am, and it’s at Lincoln Uni so not too far away either. Lil Flibs really is growing up quickly now, she turns 16 in a fortnight and is talking about looking for part time jobs etc. Her career hopes seem to change every week now and currently she is thinking of special needs school teaching

Get well soon Coco, I’ve never been open water swimming, its on my to do list!!

Welcome home Cheesy

Date sounds promising yums

Loved the 70’s outfit Spence

I love cricket too Snaily although I didn’t get to watch any today as I’ve been asleep!

That was my short but sweet summary of what I've read back!

Night shift two tonight and one more to go, looks like its been a lovely sunny day, OH has painted the fence while I've slept through the day!!

M...eldy    pirate
25/05/2013 at 23:17

Hoping to get away at 0000 and then off to support for an hour or so on the towpath at Bletchley for the GUCR ... people madder than a box of the proverbial

26/05/2013 at 00:27

I've had a fab night sober as a judgeboogied all night Gotta love a disco

26/05/2013 at 00:48

pics looked ace spence   anyone want a dog?! entire life put on hold, can't leave the pesky blighter alone for five minutes before he finds some new mischief. and heaven forbid i might give mr daffs a hug when he returns without involving the dog! how on earth do people conduct normal lives under such circumstances?! i'm truly baffled. Still, confirmed that the decision of daffs household to have neither children nor pets was the right one  4 nights down, 8 to go...

26/05/2013 at 01:53

I must admit, whilst I still miss my dog it is a lot easier not having one! Me and OH both work 13hr shifts so it wouldn't really be fair for us to have one. OH can retire in 9years so maybe then!

can't beat a good disco Spence, I've got a few weddings to attend this year so looking forward to boogying there!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.