working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

218,561 to 218,580 of 243,229 messages
M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2013 at 11:31

Morning all

I notice Pippi is out on her bike already ... no doubt getting a head start on me 

I am going to be so popular today at w*rk as I have smoked mackerel salad with boiled eggs  ...  *parrrp*

27/05/2013 at 11:43

*runs off to find peg*

you know what's getting on my tits today!!?

well I'm gonna bloody tell you! Arrangement made to meet at 11, still not here and not answering text/phone!!

being late is fine ( although I never am) but at least phone or answer your friggin'  phone! Grrrrr

27/05/2013 at 11:51

Hi all [waves feebly]

Migraine all night even after hitting it with the heavy guns.  Feeling a bit better today headache is abating and my eyesight is getting back to normal but feeling very washed out and really cross about the waste of a beautiful bank holiday weekend.

Obviously no running which means it won't happen now til Thursday.

Note to self - the name of the forum is working at it slowly, not grinding to a complete halt!

27/05/2013 at 11:51

I always assume something dreadful has happened in cases like that Spence! Or that friend is being dozy and has forgotten, depending who it is...

Welcome back Westie!

And where IS Podds?! Not seen her for ages! Hope she's out training

What's next on the list Meldy? I sent my sister a picture of the Ironman finisher medal and she actually seemed tempted Mind you, she can't swim and doesn't have a bike so it's a few years off, but she's daft and determined enough to get to the end of it even if it takes her all week....

Hiding upstairs with Furry Fiend who is currently destroying a yogurt pot. Bedroom and bed littered with sticks from destroyed wicker basket. Mr Daffs singing in kitchen with a friend. Feel like prisoner under guard.

27/05/2013 at 11:55

Lol Daffs! Dot loves a yoghurt pot!!

this friend comes under the dozy category!!

oh Coco hope you feel better soon, migraines are the work of the devil

Podds has been spotted on Tri thread not sure what we've done!!?

27/05/2013 at 12:34

Been out on bikes for a bit under an hour. Felt okay, but I think it was sensible not to do more. I left Mr P behind - he found it uncomfortable but not too painful, and better than walking for an hour. Weather turned grey and a bit cool, with some heavy spots of rain - though few and far between - on the way home. Note that weather forecast has changed to pessimistic since last night!

We went past the pirate ship made of driftwood - some idiots set it on fire last weekend, so this week loads of people have turned up to help the artist rebuild it. (did I tell you he's doing a dinosaur type one out of stones - but watching where I was going I cycled past and missed it today - at least running is slower ....)

That's an impressive garden centre, Spence! Beats B&Q!

Hope dozy friend turns up ... that would make me cross too!

27/05/2013 at 12:43

Still here, Spence? :O  hopefully not!

Hope your calf is up to cycling fact, pippi- I can't help feeling you might need to 

Daffy, you could always take adoreablw dawg for a walk  I poked Podds earlier. She is apparently still alive n well, just busy

Nice to see you again, westie. Sounds as though the mojo is on the way back. Westie, king of the come backs  glad Tony is OK and not jealous oh no of you n Mrs westie escaping to Austria 

Sluggy, what is mummyslug thinking of rehoming her bird? I'm assuming that's not lesbian talk for changing her companion. And at least a puppy isn't on the cards, hopefully. Do you think its a good idea? Am most defo WAISTing with my date. 

(((((Coco))))

Pippi, I did have a bit of a head this morning. Think someone spiked my bakewell tart 

But a 40 main run sorted me out 

27/05/2013 at 12:44

Me agaian,

That was bike ride ot two halves.

28 miles solo at easy tempo, then 14 miles with HL at recovery.  It's windy but othewise OK.

It was HL's first ever ride using clip in pedals, after a wobbly start and forming a close relationship with a lamppost, she did ok.

What a fabulous was to spend a morning.

Ooooh Spence, I've used Akamba for a few exotic projects in that area.

27/05/2013 at 12:50

Does indeed sound lovely Noggs, well done to both of you!

And you too running Yums Glad Podds is still hanging around.

Pesky dog wouldn't stand for any more walks - he's currently on 5 a day and we just got back from an hour of being out so inside it is! We're both currently flaked out on bed though I can hear the music ending downstairs so I might be allowed into the kitchen soon.

M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2013 at 13:28

Race Report  

M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2013 at 13:32
27/05/2013 at 13:50

Fab race report, m......eldy   I could almost be tempted.............;-) 

Lol at five walks a day, daffy- no wonder you are tired 

Well cycled Noggs n HL. Glad HL is getting used to her clips. Will you be introducing the gaffer tape and silk scarves later;-) 

Right, best put some clothes on and take boys n dawg to see my olds 

27/05/2013 at 13:53

Wonderful race rep Melds, HL and I have just read it with awe and admiration.

\the piccies I saw had way too much smiling in them though

The tracker was a bit of a let down as the bike leg had no splits and the live feed was a bit 'Spanish'

27/05/2013 at 13:56

Awesome Meldy - really great race report (and I too thought the photos were lovely) and a fantastic achievement.  Totally amazing.

What's next??

M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2013 at 14:04

Next?  Back to Nice, now I know how to do hills  

27/05/2013 at 14:15

what, you're going to be nice??? 

(while you're at it, how do you do hills?)

Edited: 27/05/2013 at 14:16
27/05/2013 at 14:22

Just read the race report - wow!

M...eldy    pirate
27/05/2013 at 14:41

2,500meters of climbing ... I must have learnt something out there !!

27/05/2013 at 15:04

excellent report meldy i notice cheesy has said he plans to do Nice with you next year and yummity too IronWaisters everywhere you look '

27/05/2013 at 15:11

Afternoon,

Great race report Meldy! As always, I am humbled by your tenacity and courage.

Great cycling from Noggy, HL and Pippi. Great running from Amandax and Yummity - and anyone I have overlooked.

Glad to hear that Poddles is OK, I was a bit worried about her. Thanks for giving her a poke, Yummy.

Daffy, it sounds as if wearing out the dog is working both ways

SM seems to have decided that her birdie is too much trouble . It is used to having the run of her flat and also her attention whereas SM would now rather be upstairs in her friend's flat. I'm not against her rehoming him, it has to happen eventually as they have long life-spans and I'm certainly not having it! getting a little dog is another matter but I have said that she should take things one step at a time and make sure the bird is well homed before thinking too much about a dog. SM has been walking her neighbour's westie for some time but, sadly, the dog crossed rainbow bridge last week, his owner is distraught .

MS and I have been out trying to find transfers to brighten up the bathroom tiles which are solid white. Unfortunately, it seems that they are now out of fashion and hard to source. We did have a nice sluggie while we were out.

(((WIN)))

WAISt well xxx

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.