working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,021 to 220,040 of 242,755 messages
02/07/2013 at 09:54

haha snaily i did notice that 2 of my posts seemed to have had a life of their own! i was writting on my phone so im blaming that  

ah no PO hayfever and cold is not a good combination! hope the works not to bad today? we just lost power at work so i cant do anything till it comes back on  but silly enough i had RW in thr back ground of my work, fingers crossed the boss doesnt see it when it comes back to life oops!

02/07/2013 at 11:46

If anyone were to have the temerity or courage to question RW on my computer I would - after having them given them "the look" - informed them that it was my equivalent of a coffee or fag break 

But then the advantage of having an office to yourself is sometimes very obvious 

02/07/2013 at 11:59

yea technically I'm not supposed to be on the net   but ah well shhhh don't tell the management!

02/07/2013 at 14:49

Afternoon,

Hello and welcome, Sweeny. You are doing really well to be up to 10k so soon after starting. It's good to have more cats in the lounge - although my Alfie will prolly run away from them!

(((Podds))) you really are having a rough time at the moment - silly people sending vicious emails must have just been the icing on the cake

Snaily, we will remind you of your enthusiasm when the winter wibbles strike.

You off to France again Chuggy? Please tell me that you will not be spending all your time weeding!

We fed Alfie and Cleo in the same room yesterday, it didn't go badly and Alfie didn't try to escape outside, so that's a plus. He's refusing to come up on my bed, where he used to spend much of his time, because it smells of Cleo so I have bought him a special mat that I won't let Cleo use - hopefully that will help.

Have done a sluggie with MS, it is drizzly but still pretty mild out today.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

02/07/2013 at 15:00

hey slugsta  from the sounds of Alfie and Cleo are they new together? we've just introduced ninja to ama just over a week ago and fingers crossed peace has been restored!  but ama still refuses point blank to sit on my lap the grumpy moo but ninja is just a happy little chappy so keeps diving on her when shes in a mood

work is going too slowly today!  why is it not 5 yet?? hows everyone elses tuesday going?

02/07/2013 at 15:10

Hi everyone

Slugs - sounds as though things are improving between Alfie and Cleo.  I'm sure he will return to the bed eventually when things have settled down a bit more.

I had a super-productive morning and managed to get everything I had to do done by 2pm   Going out for a plod around 4ish and looking forward to wearing my new, super-high-vis gillet that I just got from Decathlon and trying a new route.  Starting to get a bit excited about my progress now.

Jasper and Coco have been asleep in the conservatory for most of the day.  We've been having the outside woodwork repainted over the past week and they hate any sort of disruption to their environment so they've retreated to the quietest, furthest point in the house.

Hope everyone is having a good day today 

02/07/2013 at 17:38

Where IS everyone today?? 

Had a great run - I really feel like I'm a proper runner again now because it started tipping down with rain when I was out and I didn't mind a bit .  Did my usual R5 W2 x 4 over 2.3 miles and felt grand.  Might be time to start pushing it a bit more and seeing if I can manage to plod twice a week without everything giving way.

02/07/2013 at 17:58

hey coco  yay go you hun! thats great on the run! im planning on a run shortly  (trying to see if i can miss the rain haha) but i may wuss out, the furry babies keep trying to distract me 

M...eldy    pirate
02/07/2013 at 19:30

Bizzy bizzy bizzy

trying to sleep off a long late shift is not made very easy with the demolition derby happenning next door
Thank goodness I dont have any night shifts this week

Off up to the Outlaw at the weekend and I am taking part in the swimming race on the Saturday which should be fun, only 3k so no probs 

Nice little 10k before work and all of them starting with a 9  !

02/07/2013 at 19:54

I'm not with you there Meldy. If every k started with a 9, that means 10k took you an hour and a half. Even I was faster than that

Yes Sweeney, Alfie is 20 months (aprox) and has lived with us for the past 10 of those as an only cat. Cleo is aprox 10 years and has been with us for the past week as my OH's sis, who used to 'own' her, is going abroad. Alfie is more than twice the size of Cleo, even allowing for her fluff, but doesn't seem to have realised that! Anyway, he seems to love his mat and we also had a lovely cuddle on the bed this arvo, so that makes me happy

02/07/2013 at 20:26

ah good stugf slugsta  ama is my 10 month olf and ninja is 8 weeks, so they're both a bit bonkers at the mo! didnt run in the end, the mr cooked fajitas oops!! must get back on it tomorrow! 

02/07/2013 at 21:34

Is she muddling metric and imperial and doing 9m/m each km? errrm. I know what I mean!

Sports day today - freezing cold, but not as wet as is traditional. Organised by secondary school with 10 concurrent 'events' for groups to move round. We just stand back while the big kids run it and it all works very well. 

Desperately tired though - brain has seized up. I've sent off my latest assignment. Always a moment of dread as you click the 'send' button ...

Funny moment earlier - a girl said she was having a fashion show and all the teachers could come on Saturday. I said I didn't think teachers could come on a Saturday, to which one boy piped up "no, some of them have got jobs!"

02/07/2013 at 21:39

I lost another 2lb this week that's taken me into the stone below. Woohoo. Was hoping for a bit more but never mind.  Need to refresh my food plans tho cause its getting a bit boring.

coco I love running in the rain, dont like going out in it but if I'm out and it starts that's ok. Plus it cools me down!

podds hope you feel better soon ((((( )))))

work is crazy at the mo, but I'm so chuffed with the team, for the last 4 weeks we've only used 4 agency nurses. We used to use them every day. Massive savings if we can keep it up. And I'm going on the phones next week so i can understand first what they deal with. I can't believe I'm the only manager they've had to do that.

AND I've been accepted for level 2 on my CIPD membership (I know that won't mean much but it made all the hard work of my post grad worth it. Only level 1 to go but to get that I'll have to run the HR dept of the trust!  That'll be in my next. 5yr plan!!!!!

right better get back to writing this paper I'm working on!

M...eldy    pirate
02/07/2013 at 23:11

Pippi is right .. I was mixing me metrics   

6 miles and each of them was at 9.** ...   it made sense in my head!

03/07/2013 at 06:25

Morning  far too much pussy talk in here for this household- Mrs dawg agrees with HRH DG,

Plenty of super plodding going on - well done coco - really chuffed for you that you're enjoying it and on a roll after such a long recovery 

Bon voyage, chuggs. I'm with sluggy, no more weeding please.

Sweeney, where are you based, age n cake if choice please 

Fan news Alfie is feeling more secure with his special mat, sluggy 

((((Podds))))) not long until you get six weeks off........ ( runs away fast as she can)

Bored at work. Too many questions I can't answer n mundane stuff. Plod club was pyramid repeats last night at track. Bleugh. Improved group promoted to glory, well, to intermediate. Reality means that's actually the main  so large range if abilities from speedy marafunners to jenny average. We also now have a sooper speedy group:O  

03/07/2013 at 07:22

'Jenny Average' indeed Considering how many Jennies there are around here - oh, actually, that probably means we are pretty average...

Working at home today, and early start so I can skive off for lunch with a friend Sat outside in the garden (with a slightly damp bum) for breakfast - twas lovely!

03/07/2013 at 07:29

Daffy, no offence intended but jennies rule round here like the sound of your day  Swap ? I have more tooth poking at dentist as root canal not fixed yet. Playing havoc with my work hr. Sigh.

03/07/2013 at 08:40

Ouch Yums - good luck with that.

Good for you on the weight loss and work, Snaily .  Don't forget that you are converting fat to muscle through your running and the muscle weighs more so your actual weight-loss might be slower than you would think, particularly now you are running a lot and a lot further.  Perhaps start using how your clothes fit and feel as well as the scales?

Glad to hear that Alfie is happier and likes his mat.  Jasper is not moving from the bed today - he spent all night on there with us, purring his paws off.

Coco's found a new nest - in amongst the curtains we took down in the living room for the painter to get to the windows   We're going to have to hoover them before we put them back up.

Back in the office today - lots of meetings and paperwork to sort out.  Day trip to Sheffield tomorrow and working at home on Friday so not too bad a week really.

Have a good one WAISTers (((())))

03/07/2013 at 08:40

Er, thanks yums, but can I swap a day when you're not having root canal work?? Mr Daffs had a tooth out yesterday and was in a sorry state - not sure this house can deal with 2 of us like that!

Quite enjoying this early-working malarkey Haven't been interrupted by a single email yet, got loads done!

03/07/2013 at 09:10

morning all  hope your all ok this fine gray morning! someone please tell me where the sunshine has gone?

well done on the weight loss snaily  any is better than none in my book! i seem to stick at what i am no matter how hard i work out or how healthy i eat!

yums, I'm 25 and live in harborne  the cake of choice would have to be lemon drizzle nom nom  not good on the tooth front for you though! sounds like its going to be a smidge painful!

coco that sounds like my 2! ama and ninja love clean washing,l especially the mr's suit trousers . . . he wasn't impressed this morning when he went to get dressed . . . oops  bad wife in training ha-ha

daffs your lucky to have it quiet this morning! Ive walked into chaos as normal  the phone wont stop ringing and my emails keep pinging at me!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.