working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,021 to 220,040 of 238,721 messages
30/06/2013 at 17:09

Congrats both Snaily and Spence - awesome running 

Can't wait til I can do that too 

Very interesting story I saw today about running and OA - http://www.theactivetimes.com/run-away-osteoarthritis-literally 

Gives me hope.

Had a lovely day in the garden, relaxing in the sun and doing stuff around the house.   Feel very relaxed heading into the new week which is unusual for me.

off to swimbling club shortly.

XB
30/06/2013 at 17:11

That didn't quite go according to plan Trying to get some sex at 9:56am just as they were lining up was hugely unsuccessful. Even with the promise of a guaranteed PB

So, the race. Definitely a race of 2 halves. The first half was 9 miles long and went by nice and easy with gentle climbs, steady downhills and some good flat stretches. Then it got a bit serious and the hills were tougher, the downhills sharper and no flat bits. I went from 9:15mm to 10:15 with a couple of 13:30 miles on the un-runnable hills.

Great views from the tops as far south as Blackpool tower and as far north as the Lakeland fells. It really is a lovely part of the world.

It might have been tough but it was a great little event; I even treated myself to some of the sponsor's beer - a mixed case of Lancaster Brewery products. I feel I owed it to myself.

XB
30/06/2013 at 17:18

Nice running snaily. It's coming together very well. 

30/06/2013 at 17:18

Woohoo XB sounds like a great event. Glad you weren't arrested too for indecent propositioning!!!!

30/06/2013 at 17:21

I did find in the heat that the inclines turn into hills and the hills into mountains!!! I did warn a couple if tourists walking up a hill that they might hear some EAT when I reach the top!!

M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2013 at 17:56

Some good running going on in these parts .. well done guys

Its been a lovely day here, went and tended to the FGO this morning and then went over to North Myms for lunch with the girlies rather than them coming to me and once we had chatted most of the afternoon finally made it back in here in time for tea and not a lot else done!

Think I am going to have a right old shiner on my knee when the bruise comes out ..!!

M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2013 at 17:58

Toe tappin' to Kenny @ Glasto  

30/06/2013 at 18:14

Well done XB

My Scout is home

30/06/2013 at 19:29

XB - not sure what event it was, but I can sort of work out whereabouts.

We've been to Dent - a tiny place where The Dales become Cumbria, but it's still Yorkshire really! They have a free festival of beer and music (the beer's not free ...). We didn't really know what to expect, but didn't expect a huge campsite - swelling the population at least 4 fold, I imagine. A stage in a small marquee with all sorts of bands from about a 50 mile radius, all very good and professional. Great range of music, from 50's style country/rock 'n' roll to up to date rock bands (and if they are not famous next year, there's no justice!). Good range of beer and cider, food stalls, and crowds sitting on the hill on chairs and picnic blankets just enjoying themselves. Who needs Glasto?

Pippette's been to Ironbridge and won a rowing race (women's 4, I think?). Got a tankard to prove it. However, we haven't heard much about it as she is asleep on the settee in her rowing kit ...

30/06/2013 at 19:31

Woo Hooo well done Pippette! 

Sound a great weekend Pippi

30/06/2013 at 19:38

Ah well, never mind, Spence;-) 

Yay, XB  shame that no one wanted to see your personal best before the race. Sounds tough but the reward at the end sounds great  

Snaily, fab running  Sounds like Stratty is gonna be lively  

Cheesy as someone once said to me, there is no justice only law n from my experience the law rewards unreasonableness. Take heart from the fact that if your ex felt the need to play hardball she cannot be happy with her lot. Failing that SUMO - Shut Up Move On  

FP,  breastroke woman, eh  hubba hubba;-)  I love the sound of FP jnr's outfit n she sounds very mature, after all, nothing as good as comfortable shoes;-) 

Coco, no one has ever complained about my technique before but although I crawl fairly Ok one can never be too good at breastroke;-) 

You out of bed yet Spence;-) 

Daffy, poor Mr daffs, I guess it must be his age if you're not exhausted

Tubs, we so have to race at Stratty in those hats, they're fab 

Quiet day here. Just no 2 parting me from my money. He is off to France Friday for a long weekend with skool n of course needs new everything!

Somebody seems to have drunk all the wine 

30/06/2013 at 19:42

And you didn't even need your wellies, Pippi  sounds fab. And bless pippette. You must be reet proud  apparently ( it was in the paper so it must be true) Liverpool is the fake tan capital of Britain. Gee, n I thought Essex was;-) 

30/06/2013 at 21:49

Evening,

Great running from Spence, Snaily, Yummy and XB

Great rowing from Pippette

Cheesy, I'm glad for your sake that everything is now behind you. Try not to dwell on it too much - you don't want to become as bitter and twisted as your ex!

(((Podds))), sounds to me is if you need some rest!

It has been a beautiful day down here. Went and caught the last day of the Bournemouth Food Festival, then sat in the square with a drink and people-watched. Not much else accomplished today

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxx

30/06/2013 at 22:07

Well I am well and truly shattered, will sleep like the dead tonight.

I'm still buzzing from my run! Me, the one who is just not built to run, who's family dont take responsibility for their own health and come up with any excuse not to do something, well I certainly broke the mould!!!

oh well back to the grindstone tomorrow

30/06/2013 at 22:17

Your really well and truly breaking the mould Snaily, you should be well pleased with yourself

30/06/2013 at 22:34

Snaily - you ROCK!!  You should be proud of yourself.  You can do anything you set your mind to - just look at you now!  

Yums - I'm sure that all your strokes are fit for purpose 

XB - well done.  Sounds tough but you did a good job.

Well done to everyone who ran today - it was hot and not ideal so you all did well.

swimming was tough - coach has an IM-thing at the moment and IM has got to be the hardest of everything.

Our no-wine-on-a-school-night didn't last long after a swim like that, but we had a nice time sitting outside with the cats 

01/07/2013 at 06:18

Morning,

So, it was coco who drank all the wine and on a school night. Be careful mentioning IM round these parts, M.......eldy is omnipotent;-) 

Bournemouth food festival, sluggy? Well why didntchya say. Scared of a WAISTer invasion I suppose 

Snaily, yip yip for challenging your families view of 'normal'i it is worth it all that pain.

So, let the sneezing begin. The hay fever things is affecting all of us in this house.  Lovely Park Run report for our club. 55 of us came, saw n took over. Race Directors comments on our cameraderie n spontaneous lining of finish straight to cheer others on was a great tribute to all the hard work by the committee n coaches n all to create an inclusive club's yay 

01/07/2013 at 07:49

Hmm, been in the office for half an hour already .  The wine last night was not a good idea 

No running today but will do some exercises at home this evening while MrSA goes back to the gym for the first time since before he got man-flu.

Welcome to July everyone - at least we have some sunshine to usher it in with.  Let's hope it lasts for more than just 24 hours.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
01/07/2013 at 08:13

morning

pinchpunch 

Well done Snaily. Maybe some of the younger element of your family will sit up and take note and use you as an inspiration. As I'm sure others will.

Well done to all the other weekend runners as well - I'm afraid my running shoes are gathering dust in the back of the wardrobe. 

I've done my spin class, now to get the house ready for a family invasion. RAF son and family are on their way. He is off to the Falklands next week for six months. The DiL hates him being away, and with both children in boarding school, she will be quite lonely I think. Apart from one cat, two dogs, a couple of rats and rabbits etc.........

01/07/2013 at 08:53

morning

I can still walk - its a miracle!

^offers tissues round for all the snifflers^

Happy family invasion day Dragon, have fun.

I have a 5k recovery run planned tonight with the neighbour, its a beautiful day, just a same I'm sitting in an office!!!

Right better crack on

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.