working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,121 to 220,140 of 239,065 messages
03/07/2013 at 19:39

What do I think?

Errr, don't mess with Podds!

(11 days! )

03/07/2013 at 20:00

Podds, FWIW I think your letter is excellent. It's clear, pleasant, firm, well-reasoned, and will bring this business to an end. I don't think you are being 'dictatorial': you are exercising your authority in just the way you are supposed to: to make a sensible, principled decision when it's needed. Seems to me a model letter of its kind. 

Oh, and have you tried Contac for the nasty cold-cum-hayfever? Mr C and I both find it makes a HUGE difference---we make a point of getting several boxes whenever we're home for a visit. 

Snaily, wot Sluggy said. Great to hear you so much enjoying work, and running, and slimming so brilliantly ))

Will be following with interest all these projects involving mutiple pussycats! Sounds like Sweeney and Sluggie have both managed it successfully---Tubs, looking at those little charmers I cannot imagine that they won't get on, AND that Mr Tubs won't love at least one more kitty around the place

Coco, you must be SO pleased to feel you are starting to get badk to real fitness again. You have been so good and patient, and now the payoff )))

FP, I looked at your FB page but couldn't see any pictures of Miss FP's ball. Were they in your photo section or are they hidden elsewhere? 

Made it down to France yest

03/07/2013 at 20:00

podds, sounds ok to me, to the point and with options.  Press send

Oh my days Tubbs, how the hec are you going to choose???  Better go for both, I'm sure Mr Tubbs will come round eventually!!!

Sluggy - of course little sluggy (though not so little) advert is going to be the best thing on TV, in fact better than most of the programmes 

I'm well and truly miffed off.  Builder was coming to look at our garden, so finished work early (well on time actually!) has he turned up - has he eck.  how have to do work from home to catch up. 

Oh and please remind me how much I love my job in a few weeks, I've had 2 people leave so will be covering the working rota until 8pm, which I don't mind really but I don't get paid for it so have to take time off (when I don't know!!!) and its mega busy!   Oh well, pays the bills!!!

03/07/2013 at 20:06

GO GO GO PODDS  as they clearly cannot behave maturely you should treat them as you would squabbling kids at school. I think you have it just right 

Oh Tubbs, what bewtiful pussies. Which one will wear the zebra hat?

Sluggy, I'll keep my eye open for that ad  

Are we nearly there , chuggs 

Sweeney, thank goodness sluggy has given a clue as to where you are located.

Pippi, a word in your shell like, sweetie, you carry on counting down to your holiday you might become unpopular;-) 

A speedy m.....eldy, what a novelty. Thought she was built for comfort;-) 

Dentist had me pinned in his chair for 30 mins while he tackled norty toof canal for third time. Bit uncomfortable but not worryingly so. A once loved up lesmanian chum told me her woes today. A cautionary tale indeed:O 

03/07/2013 at 21:27

Are you still slobbering yumms!!! I hate the gob doctor

my kindle has arrived 

03/07/2013 at 21:36

evening gang  hows everyones evening going? just finished a nice 7.3k! was lovely and sunny when i went ouy and am pleased to report i didnt wuss on the hills! hows your mouth feeling now yums? 

03/07/2013 at 21:46

Snaily will be quiet for a while now she has the new kindle 

Hope the mouth feels better soon, Yums.

Podds - very assertive and suitable tone.  Definitely send.

Good running Sweeney.

And a big hug to everyone else too.

I have done some physio exercises, gone out for dinner and helped MrSA put the lounge back together after the painter.  The kitties are purring with delight that the servants have finally done as they were told and put the furniture back where it should be.

Off for an early night and a trip oop norf tomorrow.

03/07/2013 at 21:49

((((Yummy's gob)))))

Glad it wasn't TOO bad at the dentist. Hope the root canal settles down soon, though. Any word on how the school trip to France is going? 

Oh Snaily, how maddening! It;s just so RUDE---'my time is important, yours isn't' is the message. Especailly awful when your time is so stretched already!

Sluggy, is this The Advert?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttw0yZ_Isik

or this? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTL5r2-Y2_g

I started to say (before RW so coldly cut me off) that we got to France yesterday; long drive due to bad traffic in northern France, so about 12h 45 mins. Very glad to get here, went to look at the garden (bad news: weeds are back! ;-0) and on the way back to the house saw a GIANT swarm of bees on the side of the house. We have had quite a lot there before, but not like this. Maybe 1000 bees? So we called the local bee-keeper, who came straight over. He and his mate spent 3 hours trying to get the bees out of their nest (in a hole where a stone in the wall was missing; they had then gone into the space between ground floor ceiling and first floor ). They got some hundreds into a box, but the queen is still in there. Cool and rainy today so she woulnd't venture out, but from tomorrow hot weather is due so we are hoping she will come out then. Meanwhile we keep the door to the upstairs bedroom closed to the bees wont' infest the rest of the house!!

03/07/2013 at 21:55

I'm lurking!

Not been feeling well, missed club

its 3 weeks 3 days isn't it Pippi

Murray's match was amazing!

M...eldy    pirate
03/07/2013 at 22:12

I think  RW fell over while Spence was watching the tennis !

Luckily anyway cos I have been a bit silly busy

I cant see the pictures of the kittens but I would choose the one that looked less like the one I already had 

03/07/2013 at 22:37

Thanks for the feedback guys

Send has been pressed and we will see what happens

Off to bed shortly - absolutely desperate for a night's full sleep as I find myself going all dizzy during the day I'm so tired and my head / sinuses etc are so kernackered.....

Oh well - only 2 days until the weekend

Sluggie - do tell us if Chuggie found the ad on youtube as I'd love to see it

Sweet dreams all - see you tomorrow

03/07/2013 at 22:40

Meant to ask Melds - when are you off to Notts?  Wish I could have come and returned the favour on the pirate feed station but a 6 hour drive each way is quite a lot!!

M...eldy    pirate
03/07/2013 at 22:46

I am going up on Friday and coming home on Tuesday, will make a nice break, Aunty Vonnie is looking after the pikey one
Sadly I am leaving Murph in the hands of someone that seems to care less and less each day .. (no major traumas, he is fed and watered)

04/07/2013 at 07:13

Morning

04/07/2013 at 07:28

Awwww, ((((( Murphy n m.....eldy)))) send the lovely boy here we'd love to have him 

(((((Podds)))))

(((( Spence)))) hang in there as apparently its not long until you break up for 6 weeks!

Glad you found the welcome committee of bees I sent chuggs. France trip doesn't start until tomorrow so no two is trying my patience. 

Carry on, you're all doing very well 

04/07/2013 at 08:08

Yums, I think you'll find it's only 5!  

And actually I don't get paid for all of it!!

04/07/2013 at 08:13

Morning. quick pop in to say I'm still here, stupidly busy and too much going on.

wont be in much over weekend as going away with a friend. So today is sorting  out so  family survive 3 days without me!

04/07/2013 at 09:17

Morning 

Hope the bees are bee- having Chuggy  There was a swarm on a low branch in the horse's day field last year. I kept the horses in their other field because Megs is very nosy and I was worried she'd investigate too closely. A local beekeeper came and removed them - they held a hive underneath, hit the branch hard and 99% of the swarm fell in! 

((( Podds ))) hope you're feeling a bit better now, your Airborne is on its way 

(((( Snaily )))) hope you're not too kernackered this morning 

Wish I lived nearer Meldy I'd love to look after Murph for you. Fling likes a lot of fuss and cuddles, he puts his head on one side or nudges you if you stop stroking him! Megs couldn't give a stuff as long as she's got food!

04/07/2013 at 09:28

Bees on a branch! 

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/tubsterr62/566ba2da74a5bcd62fd0c816ffcbb681_zps1615f7be.jpg

04/07/2013 at 09:44

If I saw them many bee's I'd have heart attack!  Wouldnt hurt them but dont like the little buzzers.

Morning

I'm in a right grump this morning, woke up at 4am and couldnt get back to sleep, bloody work messing with my head.  The next 2 months are hell, all will be fine in Sept because I'll be fully staffed (and on holiday!)

But until then I have some 8pm rota'd working and Weekend 12hr shifts, plus my day job

Anyway, at least its nearly the weekend.

Wonder how DL is getting on.  Isnt america the hottest country on the planet at the moment!!  *snigger*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.