working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,181 to 220,200 of 233,721 messages
26/06/2013 at 08:57

Ouch. Who's silly idea was it to do a body pump class yesterday???

i hurt!

not been in much, got friends with a few problems at mo and seem to be super busy. Still running. Got 5 mile race Friday eve, not one I've done before and I fear it may be hilly

26/06/2013 at 09:28

Morning WAISTers 

Tea made, catching up, then work 

Welcome back Chuggs!

I have used SportsDirect too, they do have some fair stuff if you look hard enough. and at those prices, if its rubbish, no great loss.

Hope the cats get on ok, always a difficult time if they dont, the feeding together idea works, its one common area that they all like, and as long as they have thier own bowls they seem happy. They also need their own little sleeping space that the other one gets moved on from if they try and take it over. food and sleep sorted = happy catties 

Laters if I get a break 

26/06/2013 at 09:40

Morning all

Feeling a bit carp this morning - the continually grey skies and cool wind are definitely not helping matters.  I could do with a decent spell of good sunshine to up the vitamin D and happiness levels 

Not much to report at this end otherwise.  Thanks for all the recommendations - I've had a look at SportsDirect and am impressed by the selection and prices so might try there.

WAIST well all!

26/06/2013 at 10:55

morning all

managed a little run last night but totally overslept this morning, looks like its evening running for me at the mo, but I so prefer mornings

happy Wednesday lovelies

26/06/2013 at 11:01

Hey - look at these beauties!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/256592/gallery/shoes.jpg?width=350

26/06/2013 at 11:11

Whoa, could hardly miss 'em, JFF! Colourful)))

(((((((Coco))))))

you are not alone. Even those who do not normally suffer from SAD are feeling fed up with dark and cold!!!! Where is this global warming???

cheesie, that sounds like very practical advice. Our two kitties are still going strong but Truffie is gettimg on now and one day we will have to face the New Cat dilemma, so I am noting all the wise words.

Well done , Mandax, that body pump will stand you in good stead for the race on Friday. And tho it's tiring amd ti,e consuming, your support for your friends must mean a lot.

no ti,e to read back so ((((()))))) and waves to everyone else. About to go out with C3 but feeling cheerful thanks to 3 miles this morning. Really changes my whole mood all day if I can get out there....and without all the WAISter examples and encpuragement, I prolly wouldn't. You guys really are the BEST! Xxxx

26/06/2013 at 14:24

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/256592/gallery/shrews_half.jpg?width=350

and what about these beauties!!!

26/06/2013 at 14:27

afternoons

Flippin eck JFF we wont miss you speeding past us wearing those!

Amandax, let me quote XB "hills make the flat bits more intersting"  I often thinking about this when I'm huffing and a puffing up a hill!

Have a nice day out with C3 Chuggs, I agree a run in the morning gives me a positive outlook on the day.

I was up and out the door at 6.15am  5.5 miles done in 1hr exactly.  And it was like a "run forest run" type of runs, in that I went out thinking I wouldnt go far, then thought it felt pretty ok so went a bit further, then a bit further

And now its 2.30 already and still have a lot on my to-do list!

26/06/2013 at 14:30

Gawjus pic girls.

OK I'm a bit worried now, you lot running seem happy and smiley, but more important you are NOT RED!!!

How???

with any length of run I turn a pulsating red wreck, in fact there are new red colours in the spectrum because of me!   Stratford is going to be a nightmare.

DL (my rose coloured friend) are you doing Stratty?

26/06/2013 at 15:09

I too go bright red when I exercise, Snaily - both running and swimming.  I'm used to people asking me if I'm okay  and it doesn't make any difference how fit I am.  It's clearly a natural colour for me 

I've never been an early morning runner - I don't seem to have enough in my legs to be able to do it at that time of the day.  My best time for running is 6pm and my earliest about 9am.  I used to swim every day first thing, but have never been able to run which is a bit weird.

I get up to go to work at 5.30am anyway, so fitting in a run would be a bit too much to ask my body to cope with...

Am committing myself to plodding when I get home tonight as it might help to pull me out of the funk I seem to be in today.

26/06/2013 at 15:26

Afternoon,

Great photo, JFF, thank you!

(((Chuggy and family))) people often do very well after the CABG, I hope that your cousin is soon on the mend. glad that C3 has made a decision that he is happy with

I always used to go beetroot red when running - but turn deathly white as soon as I stopped. Well, it kept people interested

Have had some quality time with both cats today but I will be very glad when we no longer have to keep them apart! Am trying to be patient but is doesn't come easily to me . Dog give me patience - and give it me now!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

26/06/2013 at 15:52

Ahh don't we look happy Far Far!!? 

Snaily, fear not I go red, & sweat a lot..... I think that pic is early on! 

I have lunched with friends & feel a bit stuffed! 

26/06/2013 at 15:56

Well I think you both look very glamourous.  I aspire to look like that when I run 

Slugsta - did you try them together with Alfie in the cage?

26/06/2013 at 17:08

well we look jolly and smiley but I can assure you I am the sweatiest runner ever!  yuk!

ooh check you out Spence - lady what lunches!

M...eldy    pirate
26/06/2013 at 17:47

Podds ....   I've seen what you are up to  

26/06/2013 at 18:15

are you going to tell meldy???  just had some bad news - auntie has breast cancer. seems hey've found it very early after routine mammogram thing, and tshe's going in a couple of weeks to habe lumps removed. fingers crossed that's the end of it. She's pretty calm - my mum isn't dealkng with it quite so well...can't edit stupid ypos so you'll have to interpret!

M...eldy    pirate
26/06/2013 at 18:34

Daffs when I was in the Falklands many many moons ago my Nan had a mastectomy following similar experience .. she is still going strong at 93 (I think)
At the time I popped down to the WI shop, thats W.I folks not  WW1  ... and picked up a card for her and popped it in the post being the dutiful grandaughter that I was

My mother informed me she did not think that a pair of Blue Tits was an appropriate card  

Caught early enough I am sure Daffs

26/06/2013 at 18:49

hope so meldy - thank goodness for routine screening! she'd not noticed anything heraelf so who knows when she would have. mother being so upset is the main problem to deal with.. tee hee at your inappropriate card

26/06/2013 at 18:49

((((((Daffs and aunty)))))) Yes, I'm with Meldy - cautiously optimistic I would think. Certainly not all doom and gloom yet. It can be a nasty journey to recovery though.

(thanks for making me snigger though Meldy!)

26/06/2013 at 18:51

Lol Meldy 

((((Daff's auntie and family)))) - it does sound like they've caught it early and after all, it is the reason for the screening.  Fingers crossed for her.

Feeling v pleased - been for a run / walk.  Did 2.33 miles in 28 mins of 5 mins run, 2 walk and really enjoyed it and felt good.  It seems like it is all starting to come together at long last 

Mr SA is away for the night so I'm off to spend some quality time in the kitchen and in front of the telly for the evening 

WAIST well all  (((())))

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.