working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,861 to 220,880 of 229,858 messages
18/07/2013 at 12:41

Just popping in as have just checked my hotmail - apparently I have free access to local sluts - do you all benefit from this service or is it a Loughborough thing?

Step away from the painkillers Coco!

18/07/2013 at 12:50

Crumbs DL best keep that to yourself!!   I think you're the only one...........unless everyone else is just keeping quiet about it 

18/07/2013 at 13:03

No sluts here!

should have asked for WAISTer vibes for the MOT going to cost £800  Don't ask what's wrong Mr Spence told me & I glazed over!

18/07/2013 at 13:12

And can I just say DL that the first two photos are truly glorious but if that last one is real camping then thank dog for hotels

~~~Spence MOT~~~~~~~ best get yourself round the back of Rackhams!

I have booked my Eurostar tickets to France today to go and visit Daddy Podds and number 2 wifey.............was recommended going via Lille rather than Paris but to do that we can't go from Ashford at this end so via Paris it is

18/07/2013 at 14:12

Self indulgent post alert (yes more so than usual - difficult to believe I know but...)

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I try to do a nice surprise, spur of the moment thing for my Mum this weekend which has backfired entirley and is currently causing meltdown and mayhem. Fraught phone conversation with another relative has done more harm than good, and involved me swearing.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrfrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh feckity feck! 

18/07/2013 at 14:25

Afternoon,

(((DL))) no good deed goes unpunished! fantastic photos, BTW, although I agree with Podds re the camping!

Trains look fun, Chuggy.

How long will you be away, Poddles?

Partial knee replacement MIL has 1.5 new knees and is back playing badminton - well, she is only 88!

(((Coco))) it sounds as if you have really been through the mill . As a matter of interest, what are these super-doper painkillers that you get from SA? I take long-acting dihydrocodeine and naproxen twice a day and top-up with short acting dihydrocodeien +/- oramorph as needed.

Things still not going well with new cat (aka Miss FluffyKnickers), Alfie simply doesn't want to be anywhere she has left her scent - which is pretty much everywhere indoors. We are 90% sure that we will have to find somewhere else for her to live as I want my lovely Alfie back!

Waiting for TM to arrive, hope we manage to find somewhere cool!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

18/07/2013 at 15:56

~~~~~~~~((((DL))))~~~~~~~~~~

Come on Alfie make friends!!

18/07/2013 at 16:26

Not to worry you there Slugs, but the apex of all evil (aka Blur of a kitten) still owns 90 95% of the house. But then we're only about 2 years in to the settling in process. New - rotic cat and I grab our moments on the sofa together when we can.

18/07/2013 at 17:15

The thing is DL, that Alfie is still my prime concern and I don't want anything to stop him from coming in the house (or into my room for cuddles)! It seems that MFK leaves a very strong 'go away' message everywhere she goes.

I have just had a great example of good customer service from Sainsbury. I bought a nice swimming cossie in their sale earlier this year. Sadly, it lasted a very short time before the elastine gave way and the colour faded. Rather than just throwing it away I parcelled it up and sent it to Sainsbury's CEO, asking him to get their suppliers to look at it and see if they needed to change any part of the manufacturing process in future. Someone from head office has just phoned me to say that the suppliers admit that it should have lasted longer and are going to examine it more closely. They have credited enough 'Nectar' points to my account to buy 2 cosies at that price .

18/07/2013 at 17:16

that should have read' cossies', I don't actually wear tea cosies when I swim

M...eldy    pirate
18/07/2013 at 18:43

Evening all

I have been sitting in a sweaty cycle cafe watching todays stage of the Tour ... I would sell my granny for a cool breeze

18/07/2013 at 19:27

We've got one here Meldy but I don't think I saw a granny-sale 

Sluggie - the golden tabs are Myprodol - codeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen.  I'm a big fan of codeine  as it helps me sleep like a baby and wake up refreshed.  I was given 30mg tablets of codeine in hospital last year (the Myprodol has 10mg like ibuprofen plus) and I'm always thinking about asking my GP to prescribe more for me, but realistically the over the counter strength is fine for me.  I find it helps to break the cycle of pain-no sleep-causes more pain-causes more no sleep etc etc.

Shame about Alfie and Cleo   is there really no hope?  

18/07/2013 at 19:29

And I'm sure you'd look fabulous in a tea cosie, although I imagine it might give the lifeguards a bit of a thrill 

18/07/2013 at 19:57

I'm home photo's and blog to come

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12383912@N04/sets/72157634697190292/

http://jb-greyhairrules.blogspot.co.uk/

photo's not to good but gives an idea , Lots of blog mistakes but still tired but shows what silly old goats get up to.

now have i got to read back or are there important news items that Ive missed ?

18/07/2013 at 20:39

Oooh, welcome back Westie! I shall have a read about your exploits while I eat my tea

((sluggy and cats))))) such a shame if you can't get them all to agree, but I quite understand about you wanting to prioritise Alfie. He's had enough messing about already, poor lad! Tee hee at the thought of you wearing a tea cosie to swim in

Coco, your knee situations sounds utterly dreadful! I don't wonder you struggle to deal with it.

(((((DL))))) stuff em all and take OH somewhere nice for the weekend instead

Oooh, Paris Podds! Exciting stuff Hope they weather stays nice for you

((((spence's car and bank balance)))) not sure my entire car is worth that much! Always a nasty shock

Last day in the office for me for nearly three weeks Working at home tomorrow but that barely counts

Was meant to be going to a talk about grass verges and wildlife by the company who has the council street maintenance contract tonight (really? Did I realy voluntarily sign up for that??) but it turns out there are 2 churches with the same name near the town centre and I went to the wrong one... After being out for 13 hours already I couldn't face trekking across town to the other one so came home instead

18/07/2013 at 20:45

Westie! I've just seen your photos on Flickr. Looks fantastic!

Mind you, so did DLs - I quite fancy the American wilderness - we did look at going for my 50th last year but couldn't get what we wanted to fit with Mr Ps time off (it's all very specific!) Do you do it all independently?

Mr P is having the inner half of his knee done - I had to ask as I didn't know. He has had 2 ops to remove a torn meniscus but that left him in more pain than before - which is what put him off further surgery till now, although he was told he could have it whenever he was ready. He has been self-medicating with the GPs approval with paracetemol and ibuprofen. He's mid 50s now so not that young! (all probably stems from a serious accident 30 years ago when a broken leg healed badly - he was too ill for them to operate.)

SErious bit over.

Kids have broken up!!!!! We had cheap fizzy wine for tea (pressie) and there is a large supply of Maltesers again -help yourself, I don't like them at all!!!

18/07/2013 at 20:47

Don't know what you're on about Westie, your pictures are gorgeous! Honestly, I am SO in awe of you You did have me giggling when you said "Even if I did at a pace of one mile an hour the pubs will still be open for a pint of guinness and that thought blew all logic away so with hot feet I started out to braemar."

M...eldy    pirate
18/07/2013 at 20:53

Great photos Westie 

18/07/2013 at 20:56

I liked the idea of Sue in a tea cosy. I am old enough to remember women slowly doing breaststroke with their heads out of the water wearing things like this

http://img0.etsystatic.com/011/0/5700292/il_224xN.454742020_3far.jpg

Close enough to a tea cosy!

18/07/2013 at 21:00

Evening

All a bit tough here at mo. FIL gone downhill v suddenly and likely to die imminently. OH just copes by blocking it out, he's had a strange relationship with him. My boys are both quiet. my parents also upset as been quite close to him over years

We are all supposed to be going to Olympic park Sunday for the anniversary race. Not sure what we will do now.

Will pop in as I can 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.