working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,861 to 220,880 of 237,962 messages
28/07/2013 at 23:19

Ahh good luck with that Snaily

Could you pop up with a cuppa in the morning? 

Ta muchly

29/07/2013 at 06:16

Morning all. Blissfully cool this mornong (17 C) so I'm sliding out for a chugette while I can.

I'M GOING TO SEE PODDS TODAY ))))

Alas, no houdies, I think, Snaily, as she and Mr P travelled by train. But I have to have SOMETHING left to look forward to for next timw)

29/07/2013 at 07:18

Goodly morning

I started reading back over the weekend and was interrupted so my memory of events is patchy to say the least. Yums got all philosophical - not bad for a budding Bhuddist, and Sluggy parried in return. Yums also beat the speed of sound in a tutu closely followed by the Spencelettes and some other intrepid WAISTers. Nog, Sue and some others did their own Tour de France and there was talk of strange items such as skorts, I have a spork if that's of any relevance. Pippi was lost and then was found. Podds and Chuggy are  doing the entente cordialle and some poor sap is about to be held hostage by the GPO? Did I miss anything?

I have a mosquito bite that is currently taking over the whole of the back of my upper thigh - it has taken up most of my waking thoughts for the past  day - aaaarrrggggghhhh

So, that was the weekend. Back to work - off to Cardiff for two days of meetings and not one of them with Dr Who.

Happy brand new week full of potential, possibility and perhapsness

29/07/2013 at 07:30

Good morning , I was on earlyer pre 6am using my phone but I could read but not post.Do any of you know why or is it just RW and phones .
Another quiet day for us here I think we had the "boy" staying with us this weekend but they headed off to work in Edinburgh this morning . (that's why we are all up now )

Hope Chuggy and Podds meet up ok and the rest of the Waister family have a good week

29/07/2013 at 07:48

It was only last week when I lugged my 80 ltr rucksack round the cairngorms and guess what two days later Scott ran round a higher circuit over the tops ! He then went out and did the ben Lawyers group this weekend.He is still not right yet and the Docs doing tests. ( he finally went for a check up ). He (We mum + me) will be in Chamonix in 4 weeks for the UTMB he wants to do, not to race it just do it.
Anyway he has updated his Blog for the last two trips so if you want a read

http://runningwildinscotland.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=5

29/07/2013 at 07:50

Still can't do links so it's copy / paste I'm afraid

29/07/2013 at 07:59

Morning each,

Westie, I can't post from my phone either.

Ooooh, I need your help Waisters.

On my bikes I have a Polar computer with HRM.  It shows me most of what I need to know -the HRM is essential.

The question is, Do I need/would you recommed a Garmin (I don;t really need mapping)

I know many of you are fans of the Garmin so would appreciate your thoughts.

29/07/2013 at 08:17

I only use my Garmin to tell me how slowly I'm going. I don't know what other misery it can bestow.

(((((Scott)))) hope the docs can find something to help

29/07/2013 at 08:30

DL not sure what you need but I do have a garmin 205 and use it for everything. Route planning good when up the hills and low cloud,Finding locations,what distance i have done ,time , speed etc. I don't use the HRM as medication screws it all up anyway hence I got the 205.

29/07/2013 at 08:49

Morning all

I hope the docs are able to help Scott, Westie.

I have a Garmin 10 for running (very basic but it tells me how far I went, how slowly and also has a setting for run/walk beeping) and a Garmin Swim, which is totally amazing and even knows what stroke I'm doing.  I guess I'm quite a Garmin fan but not wedded to them.  Not sure if that's what you want to know.  I think they're solid and reliable and good value for money on the whole.

I didn't sleep well last night and have a tough day at work ahead of me plus a trip to the dentist to discuss how I can be bankrupted for a filling .  I'll be glad to reach the other end today.

Happy WAISTing all

29/07/2013 at 09:05

LOL at your garmin that is the bringer of bad news, DL  and a fab summary of the weekend. 

Spence, you have a friend ? lucky you. Must have been the skirt what done it. 

Westie, u always smile when Scott does something us mere mortals can't quite get our heads round and you describe it as not racing. Finishing is an unbelievable achievement in itself 

Fab cycling this weekend, sue. The CTC know how to  enjoy life 

Well plodded, snaily. Chips are clearly excellent carb loading. I speak from my previous race eating at the weekend although I threw in wine n choklit cake just to be sure

Podds, I can't believe you are meeting chuggs withou t me. You should have left Mr p at home n taken me!

Chuggs, enjoy lunch a la podds. I can vouch for her being relatively normal, well in WAISTer terms;-) 

Must check out cocos roses although i m not keen in orange or toffee ones

Olds n long lost auntie from Patagonia dropping by later then out for tea. More carb loading  Feeling a bit grumpy but I shouldn't. No 2 eats everything nice I buy to share such a greedy boy, so the rest of us don't get much of a look in.  Knee is playing up but better today than yesterday and I have a rub down with oily rag chap friday n the more I look at life I realise I'm a good catch but no one has noticed yet;-)  See, nothing to be grumpy about!

29/07/2013 at 09:20

Morning

(((((Yums))))) that's your hormones for you! Makes you grumpy when you know there is no reason I've been like that for the past few months

i can post from my phone

Westie, your boy is amazing you must be right proud

Nogs another Garmin fan here! Don't use it to its full capacity but love it, although not always what it tells me

Chuggs, have a great meet up!

Coco hope the dentist isn't too painful....the cost that is!!

29/07/2013 at 09:38

Coco, good luck with the gob Doc

Spence, good thinking, blame hormones or everyone else 

Official time for yesterday is 53.33. Would have been happy with under an hour.  

29/07/2013 at 09:51

I blame the change of life in fact all the changes are due to hormones at 40 50 60 70 so good luck in the future. Then it will be don't talk to me until I have had at least TWO cups of coffee,.

Anyway I'm going to be Mr nice guy this morning and take the OH a run out (in the car )going along the Fife coast as have not done it for a bit so hope rain stays off for a few hours.

29/07/2013 at 10:21

Morning WAISTers 

Tea is on, bit late I know, but decided to sleep in a bit and work a bit longer!

Westie: Scot is doing UTMB?? Respect!!! Wish him luck and hope he gets his finish goal  I cant wait for his report, what ever the outcome.

I'll also read (with envy of the location) the latest blog entry a bit later. Apart from the great reading, i find them very motivational for my up n coming 50 

Who on earth came up with names like skort etc? mind you, my istupidphone does similar ..... I rarely bother trying to use forums on it as even if they do load, i struggle to read them! frustration sets in and I throw the phone in some random direction.. 

Nice run Yums, in a Tutu too!

Enjoy the meeting Podds and Chuggs

Some great cycling too done, been looking at road bike myself recently, bit stuck because of funds and decisions as to what to spend first. It should happen in next few months, so will then start getting cycling up.

Like the idea of a round country WAISTers drive by, there is so much food and drink around, plenty to share!

Fiona: I hate dentists with a passion, After falling out with a few of them, I now go to a local private dentist who is brilliant! It took a while and some money but she has made a pretty good job of my teeth, they are now tolerable. Its (almost) worth the pain and money to not have constant re occouring pain.

Ok, time to get on with w*rk I guess

29/07/2013 at 10:33

morning

We seem to have had a monsoon over night, no plodding this morning but a late one with the neighbour!

Westie - I know IO've said this before but you must be so proud of Scott, he's like superman!!!

I dont have a Garmin, my app tells me how crap I am every 3k or so!!!

Today is my first day back in work for a week, my desk is full of paperwork

29/07/2013 at 10:55

Morning

Had a nice 5k run saturday which I could time with a calendar but it was a PB!

Sunday went for a quick run and it was terrible...I think it may have had some thing to do with drinking lots of wine saturday night

Edited: 29/07/2013 at 10:55
29/07/2013 at 11:07

morning all

welcome Fizzle - nice plodding

well done on the race Yumms - fab!

Snaily - lucky you having Noggs as flower adviser

happy meeting to the French connection

DL - sounds like you need a docs visit for that bite!!

blimey Spence - £40 for a skort! I'm sorry you are droppping out of Chester, but I always say running should be good for stress not cause more of it so a wise decision!

I'm feeling a bit err, Monday!

29/07/2013 at 11:24

Woke up slowly, Had a coffee (Mr P brings one in an insulated mug when he gets in off nights! ), had breakfast, read a bit of T. Pratchett over another cupof coffee, put out washing, cleaned teeth, rescued washing, hung washing in attic ... now what shall I do?

I'm actually going to sort out the kitchen cupboards ...

29/07/2013 at 14:08

Westie: Excellent blog entries from Scott again  both good reading!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.