working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

220,921 to 220,940 of 242,976 messages
02/08/2013 at 07:50

Yums - really glad you're okay.  Was getting a teensy bit worried 

Dear WAISTers - I am feeling VERY smug  because I have run already this morning!!  I am not, by nature, a morning runner at all but MrSA proposed yesterday that we should do our run at 5.45am today rather than this evening.  And stupidly I let him persuade me into it.  However, all went very happily - we ran well and I feel fabulous for having done it first thing and got it out the way.  I couldn't do this in the winter with the dark mornings, but at the moment it actually seems like quite a good idea 

All joints and muscles are also feeling okay although I shall doubtless be asleep on the sofa by 2 this afternoon 

Fortunately I am working at home today.

WAIST well all (((((WAISTers)))))

02/08/2013 at 07:51

Raining here

Glad that the hand you have is the upper one Yums

Hope Wimbledon is fun filled - wobbles or tennis?

I am a little bit tired. book club last night, went even though I hadn't read the book and the author was there - not at all embarrassing, no, not at all......

Hoorah it's Friday, hope you have a happy one

02/08/2013 at 07:54

It's this feckin American iPad thingy that has no soul and failed to recognise wombles - philistine!

02/08/2013 at 08:38

Morning all, Good news Yummy

rather dull here at the moment but still muggy may go for a walk / Jog later for a couple of miles. Mrs is heading up north again with Scott to the mountains today .
Eldest son will be here though for a couple of days before heading off to Italy with work for a couple of weeks.

Well done on the early morning run with MrSa you can rest for the remainder of the day now .

Coffee on

02/08/2013 at 09:08

Tea please Westie

Well run Coco

Well handed Yums

Happy Wombling Nogs

Happy bottom of the class DL!

Packing, cake baking, sorting here today!

02/08/2013 at 09:10

Right first time DL, there will be wobbles in Wimbledon.

We're staying at The Rose and Crown and eating tonight at the Dog and Fox.  I think they've taken on extra staff knowing we're coming for the weekend.

It'll be good to meet up with family and meet the brides side, should be a socianle weekend.

02/08/2013 at 09:11

'n' is the new 'b'

02/08/2013 at 09:27

oh Nogs will be on his best behaviour meeting the Brides side!!!

LOL DL going book club and not actually reading the book

Coco I mainly run in the morning and find I'm more switched on at work.  Winter is a killer though, getting out of a nice warm bed into the freezing cold weather takes some commitment!!!

Speaking of which I did a "speed" interval session this morning, first time I've ever done this but someone on here mentioned running faster between lamposts so thats what I did.  And when I say "speed" I actually mean "going faster than my usual slow pace"!!!!  Well it bliddy killed me!  Made the run much more interesting though and I'll be doing it again!

02/08/2013 at 09:29

Well done Snaily - good for you .

I am shattered already and could have a sleep now   I don't know how you do it every time you run, Snaily 

02/08/2013 at 12:49

Afternoon WAISTers 

Noodles are on, so is kettle!

Nice one Snaily, keep doing bits of that and you will find it easier!

Well run Coco  still make sure you take it easy, you may need a bit longer between runs so not to over strain knee's etc. Still MrSA can help you with that, get him comfortable with a pace that your OK with.

Whats this 'morning' that your both speaking of? I dont think I have a 05* on my clock ...

Nog: I read that as eating Dog and Fox ...  is this a Vietnamese pub per chance? Enjoy meeting the other side!

Spence: Cake! will be over shortly!

Roni made some Lemon Grass and Coconut cake last night  It was wonderful 

02/08/2013 at 12:57

Yums, well done for standing your ground, it isnt easy, especially if they are bigger etc. Still they have to keep some respect, so what has been said about dont threaten to do something that you wont actually do is really important, always carry out threat, or you will get walked over every time. Smaller threats carried out are way better than bigger ones only half done. And I use the word 'threat' not in a violent way, just a passive way. I liked the loosing your power for all your xbox, music one, (i think thats what it was?) I used to kill our internet connection when it was most needed for whatever game was being played with friends, had the desired effect.

Also, better to wait for a good partner than rush to a difficult one. However lonely life gets, its not as bad as being unhappy!

((((((Any WAISTers that need them))))))

02/08/2013 at 14:02

I've just had a nice bowl of warming soup for my lunch - the joys of working from home when you haven't been to the shop for a while.

Snaily - please stop with the interval training sessions and the like - you're letting the side down. 

02/08/2013 at 14:06

Lol DL - my thoughts exactly 

I was worried that by running early this morning I might not be welcome here anymore 

Cheesy - I'll have some cake please.  I have also just put a gluten free chocolate brownie torte in the oven to cook.  The joys of having a lunch break whilst working at home 

We're off to visit MrSA's SA relatives in Derbyshire (go figure) tomorrow so the next run will either be sunday evening or monday morning.  Lots of time for recovery 

02/08/2013 at 14:49

Well run Coco, there is a lot to be said for getting out early in the warmer weather - and it leaves you feeling really smug for the rest of the day

Glad that you won that particular battle Yums.

Still feeling very  here, struggled a bit in aquagym. Never mind, I have a whole week to recover before our holiday .

WAIST well xxx

02/08/2013 at 15:08

Did someone mention cake?  

Cheesy, I agree with you words of advice and it does seem to work but its not usually until the next day that I see some progress. 

DL, you can keep your lunch, thanks

Derbyshire, coco? That's proper up norf. Hope you had your jabs and don't forget the translation book. Morning runs are the best ever 

Snaily, Snaunty hozzie visit sounds tricky. Poor Snaunty sounds as though it may bring home the reality of her situation  

Cheesy, for a bloke you're bleeding wise;-) I am currently beating off the unsuitable people. But looking forlornly out to sea for anyone who is worthy of consideration. Hopefully someone will happen along before I turn into a shrivelled old prune

02/08/2013 at 15:29

You like morning runs Yums? I prefer to take immodium 

Each to their own

02/08/2013 at 17:41

Flipping eck where is everyone, you cant all be working..... not working on a friday!!!

I did laugh at myself this morning doing a "speed" session, what the hell has happened to me!!!  mind you I still cant run a full 6 mile and not reached the 13mile distance yet, so still got a lot to work on.

Work has been bloody mental today, a few loopy people have come out to test me, it must be the hot weather.

Better dash off out for a work curry tonight, driving though because I had a big row with MrS last night so I wont ask him for a lift.

What was the row about I hear you ask????

Well, my other Snaunty has asked if she can stay at our house while we're away so she can have a holiday (she cant afford one this year) Yes I said, thinking well someone is in the house so its nice and safe, plus we stay at various houses when we go up stoke.  OH NO, MrS says he doesnt want anyone in the house when we arent there!!!!  WTF.  Its not like shes a teenager and going to tear the house up, shes 45 for gowd sake (ok shes free and single) shes not going to be partying.  Feel so angry because I know if it was StepD asking there would be no problem

So I've got that to go home too, hence be still being at work.  I dont feel like I can say to Snaunty "sorry no holiday for you" it just seems unreasonable.

anywy better go face the music.

02/08/2013 at 18:00

Ahh, poor Snaunty. We used to stay in people's houses while they were away - they did know! - and it worked out beneficial on both sides. Did the gardening, walked the dogs, ...

We had a lovely warm day (unlike the forecast - again!) walked a short bit up the Wirral way for lunch then back again on a slightly different route. Can't change much on a disused railway route!

02/08/2013 at 18:43

oh Snaily that's not good! friend from work stays at ours & looks after Dot & the house. I pay her as I'm so thankful someone is in the house. And cheaper than kennels.

Im shattered! Made cakes, packed, sorted etc., etc!!

Cleaninh tomorrow & more sorting, hopefully ready to go Sunday!!

M...eldy    pirate
02/08/2013 at 20:03

I see DL is having troubles with her Orinochos

Snaily a 'speed' interval is just that, faster than you would usually run ... its that simple
and with regards him indoros being a bit precious I would give him a fecking big talking to I am afraid 

Very busy here, meeting done and written up ... further one  planned for 10th August
Bits and bobs to sort out before I disappear off for a week, got this Ride London fiasco on Sunday so I shall be heading off to East London tomorrow and registering, staying with Mr and Mrs Orangecannon tomorrow night and then back home on Sunday evening for a nice few days in the sun ... thats the plan!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.