working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

221,181 to 221,200 of 243,241 messages
11/08/2013 at 20:51

Evening All

Well run the racers

Well cycled Sue - bet you did zillions of miles and still stayed fresh and smiley

nice garden Snaily

I'm afraid Mr P and I only managed around 20 bike miles this morning and ended up having breakfast here

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/48/59/7a/palm-bay.jpg

There are times when living on Plannitt Ffannitt isn't too bad

BTW Yums - did you know that this jet ski cafe is twinned with Southend jetski club and they do joint safaris????

11/08/2013 at 21:23

Nice pic Amandax and Meldy .  Amandax, I take you are a Stopseley Strider then? They were my first ever running club many moons ago - around 2000-2001, when I first started running and before I moved away from Luton.  Good to see they're still going and well done on the PB - a really good time!

Snaily - impressed by the garden transformation.  It looks really lovely.  Gardening is hard work so I'm sure you got plenty of exercise just doing that!

Yums - thanks for the offer.  I guess it might go well with the runner beans I've got in my fridge then?

Nice social run, Cheesy - I'm missing MrSA for the company now.  Planning a run tomorrow morning and would love it if he were here to make sure I get out of bed!  Shame, he's having a nice time seeing his mum and other family though.  The temperature in Durban is about the same as here and it's winter there 

Nicely cycled Podds and Dragon and apologies to anyone I've missed.

i had a very lazy day and went to the cinema this evening to see "The Heat" which was pretty amusing.

Nite all ((((WAISTers))))

11/08/2013 at 21:25

Oops - I never could spell Stopsley - even when I lived there!!

M...eldy    pirate
11/08/2013 at 21:27

Can I go home yet ??

11/08/2013 at 21:36

How many people have you locked up this evening?

11/08/2013 at 21:41

Hmmm yes, ok. tell them I said its ok.

Beer talks you know

Edited: 11/08/2013 at 21:43
11/08/2013 at 22:04

Small world coco. Bet you'll know a few people in club. I've been member since 2008. Where did you live?

11/08/2013 at 22:11

Ouch legs and back complaining when I move 

off to bed will see if I can walk tomorrow never mind run!!!!

hope noggs is in soon or he's gonna miss my garden!!!

nitol

11/08/2013 at 22:11

And it always talks such good sense, too, Cheesy  Sounds like a lovely outing with Adam and Roni. 

Podds, what a gorgeous place for breakfast---perfect after a nice cycle!

In fact,this cycling + treats formula is taking hold, Sue is deffo on board with it too

Melds and Amandax, what a great photo of you both! Sounds like a most satisfactory day in every respect

Nogs, I'm with you, Finky fingers keep AWAY FROM MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS!! As for Boris, sounds like he'd be fine with a bit of proper training but you wont' hae him for long enough to  help him much, alas. 

Snaily! What a bee-yew=tee-ful garden!! And you actually did it yourself! Like somoene said, Nogs won't half be proud of you  I imagine you're pretty pleased with yourself, too----you should be!

Yums, Templars were a mixed bag but prolly more good than bad. They were more about protecting pilgrims than about going on crusades (kings were the main crusaders) although it was a pretty violent time and they were certainly fighting men. I loved the hymn about the knights too, tho these days I always get the giggles singing 'the dragons are dead'. Law of natural selection?? 

Hoping for a little chug in the morning so off to bed now. Sleep tight, all. xxx

M...eldy    pirate
11/08/2013 at 22:24

Yawwwwwnnnn   

11/08/2013 at 22:41

Nice job Snails.  Some nice architectural plants there - Cordyline australis among them.  I think I said before, you've made good use of the space and created some impact.

I can't identify much else from the photo ( especially without my glasses!)

Night each

12/08/2013 at 06:42

Nice garden, snaily. As cheesy says prime for a WAISTer seaside getaway BBQ  

Lol at your cauli complimenting the runner beans, coco  

Podds, I didn't know about the jet ski twinning but you end looks far more inviting than mine!

Hope Boris behaved better last night, Noggs.

Nice knees, coco 

Sigh, the dark cloud of irritability n grumpiness arrived yesterday- hormones perhaps n feels as though everyone wants me to please them and listen to their needs and right now is not a good time to test the waters!   I will try to breathe through my angst n not moan.......and breathe......in with love.........out with peace

Knights templar shall remain my heroes then, chuggy  But where are they when I need them. Talking of which, where is XB?

12/08/2013 at 07:21

Thanks Yums 

Amandax - I'm not sure I could remember anyone from the club now! I moved up to Nottingham in 2001 so was only in the club for about a year.  I lived in Luton at that time - along the Old Bedford Rd.  I remember it being a friendly and supportive club though - it was a good first experience.

I'm super-proud of myself this morning  - I've just run 3.01 miles (nearly a 5K!!) in just under 36 minutes .  The furthest I've run since I started running (again) this year.  I did 7 mins run / 2 mins walk and felt good for most of it and my knees are still holding up beautifully.  Can't believe I did the distance.

Now I just have the small issue of going to work...

Laters WAISTers...

12/08/2013 at 07:45

Well done Coco.

Boris was much better last night. I kept everywhere open but put an improvised gate at our bedroom door.  He did manage to knock it over and wake me up once, other than that he seemed much more settled.

My Ride London entry is in.  Pinkies xed.

Apparently I'm walking Boris this morning, I'll do a ride later as i didn't get out over the weekend.  

Best get A into G

12/08/2013 at 08:14

Morning all. 

Waaayhaaaay, Coco, that's brilliant! You must be well chuffed  And you do SO deserve the payoff, you've been so patient and good all these months. What distance are you aiming for eventually?  I mean, are you a marathonner or a 10 k-er or what? 

Nogs, glad Boris is settling. Dogs are very sensitive to vibes and it sounds like all he needs is a tiny bit of consistent rule-setting and he'd be a fine little fella. Finger crossed for your Ride London, you'd storm it!]

Oh Yums, it does make you almost miss the Terrible Two's doesn't it, when they just threw a tantrum for 15 minutes and it was over. This sulky carp can go on and on and it IS hard for parents. Keep some supportive people around to take care of YOU sometimes, to keep you sane, and help you keep a shred of objectivity. Friends who have been through it themselves rescued me many times. xxx

And that's a very good question. Where IS XB? He's prolly snuck in another casual marathon without telling us!

Melds, you at work now? You seem to be on days now...

Just back from my 3 miles of hills. Whilst sweating and heaving my way up the second one I had a perfectly horrible thought: I'm starting to quite like hills! I'm carp at running them, but they're kind of fun. Is this normal??

Time for a shower, trip to the market, and washing all the beds. WAIST well, all. xxx

12/08/2013 at 09:05

morning

well done coco, you've come so far since you started running again, and WAISTing seems to suit you!

Chuggy - well done too, and no it is NOT normal to like hills!!!  Mind you I always keep XB's bit of advice in mind when doing a hill "they make the flat parts interesting"!!!

Oh Yums, teenagers are hell, they should be locked up until their 20th birthday save us all the grief!!!!  When StepD had a sulk I would just carry on as usual and try to ignore her.  Quite draining though so keep with the positive breathing

Nogs glad Boris is settling down, and I think I'll pinch that name for when we get a dog, I love it!!!

No plodding this morning, got out of bed and back is still very ouchy, am going out the with neighbour tonight which will be a gentle r/w which is just what I need. I've got a hell of a week this week Mon-Fri normal working, weekend 2x12 hr shifts then I have Monday off to recover.  Not looking forward to it.

BUT only 24 days to holiday, then I'll be hitting the beach in Zante for some much needed R&R

Anyone got the coffee pot on???

12/08/2013 at 09:30

Hi Snaily - coffee is definitely on but get in quick 

Thanks guys - I agree with you both that WAISTing does seem to suit me and I am really benefiting from the physio / weights exercises that I have to do twice a week.  Just remind of that please when I'm moaning that it means I can't add in more runs per week!

Chuggs - the physio has warned me that with my knees I am probably looking at having to stick to 10K.  I used to do half-marathons (slowly and badly ) and I'd love another crack at that distance but I have to accept that it seems unlikely.  The physio may revise her advice over time - we'll see - but its safe to say that I will never run a marathon.  The problem isn't the distance, per se, but the training load that's required to get there.  At the moment I'm not too bothered - just very happy to be running again at all.  My goal is to be able to run for an hour comfortably once a week, plus at least one other run of about half an hour - in addition to the weights and swimming I do.

Yums - sorry I missed the teenage traumas earlier when I was posting.  It sounds like hell - can you send them away for a few years??

Snaily - watch the back!!  Running could make it worse because it compresses the spine and if your muscles are fatigued through gardening then they will be unable to support you properly when you run, putting more load onto the spine itself.  Don't risk damaging it - you might need another 24 hours to rest it before doing even a gentle r/w.  I don't mean to scaremonger - but do take your back seriously. A massage might be more beneficial than a run, perhaps?

12/08/2013 at 09:46

Morning

It seems as always there has been an impressive range of running, cycling, swimming and general exercising stuff going on around me, but sadly not in me, this weekend. Hoorah for hills, PB's and M...eldy pretending to be 'nice'

So Snaily is a lady and has made a very nice garden. Is it OK for me to admire her lady garden then?

An exciting weekend was had here too. Got to the house of my mother and changed into my engagement party outfit. My Mum arrived and said 'look at the time, you'd better go and get ready'. A good start! However jeans and a checked shirt were qentirely suitable for hanging with the young folk and bouncing on the bouncy castle. OH drank mightily and hence we appeared to be a very sociable and amusing pair. I think we may have frightened some small children. We also managed a meet up with some friends a lovely Sunday dinner and a hangover. Not bad then.

Happy new week full of  boundless energy and opportunity

12/08/2013 at 10:42

Yes I am very proud of my lady garden

Coco if I ask MrS for a message he may get the wrong idea!!!

OK not in the mood for work, I need a slap

12/08/2013 at 11:12

Briefly in!

just to say congrats to Amandax & Meldy!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.