working at it slowly

for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

221,181 to 221,200 of 237,399 messages
M...eldy    pirate
09/08/2013 at 18:30

Evening gang 

Larry, I am sorry I am sure I said hello and all those pleasantries but I think DL stole my post
Poor old mIllie barking at a hedgehog !! She must be the size of Murph already 

Chuggy I take it that it has cooled down a bit there as well?  Its a lot cooler here at the moment and I even had a GPO on my lap last night so he must be thinking the same

Swim swam at lunchtime, followed by a run this evening and a bit of cuisinery inbetween for my tea and tomorrows lunch

I have had 5 Longtailed Tits on the bird feeder today and Mr & Mrs Robin with a rather large offspring sat on the fence shouting the odds !!

I have a 10k on Sunday morning, I doubt very much if I wil break records, had a few achilles issues for a while, have done 2 test runs this week and a *lot* of eccentric drops and I think I will be ok for a pootle round

09/08/2013 at 19:04

Nice tits Melds. (I know I'm going to live to regret that comment)

Fave customer was giving it large today (imagine Anne Robinson with toothache)

No ride this afternoon, had a beer or two instead.

Edited: 09/08/2013 at 19:06
M...eldy    pirate
09/08/2013 at 19:08

Did you need the beer to post that Noggs?  

09/08/2013 at 19:16

Did someone mention Tits 

Oh Lazza, that's some worrying health news for you regarding the sprogs. Will you be OK looking after Holly n Stanley? Wonderful news that you have been out on your bike Do look after yourself though!

*waves hanky and sniffles as sluggy leaves*

Bon voyage  Let's hope SM has other friends who might like pussy.

How much sleep, m.....eldy? Gee, bed after 11 n up at 5.15 for me. I'd love to spend more time in the land of nod. Good luck on your 10k. Look after your Achilles remember we don't need another hero  Not only that, I would feel obliged to chase it! 

Westie, you are so norty. I feel worn out hearing about your adventure.

((((DL)))) not sure what for but Peterborough if nothing else

Podds, how are my boys?  Did DG get out to support?  I met Harry the greyhounds mum this week. She lost him few months ago. He was only 7  A certain little lady will be 10 on Tuesday 

Chuggy, you will eventually conquer that hill if you haven't already 

Bless Millie barking at the hedgie. Cush still hasn't learnt they roll into a ball n she sticks her muscle on them until she bleeds.

Snaily, your threats sound like our new attendance management system!

I still have DOMS in my quads n hammies n knee since track sesh. I forgot sports therapist advice not to increase the intensity. I just though Tues is speed sesh as usual but reckon I need to take speed seshs more gently.  Four mile plod today followed by coachie's birthday lunch n boys haircuts. Have cake n wine n no reason to get up tomorrow 

M...eldy    pirate
09/08/2013 at 21:20

I am watching a lovely programme on BBC2 on the elephants in Sri Lanka ... not all lovely as there are people who insist on creating orhans out there but there is a little guy who lost a leg in a snare and he has a false leg 

Do you think we will ever stop destroying creation ?? 

I shall ponder on that one whilst I sleep  

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/08/2013 at 21:30

evening

just back from a few days in Stoke with family and a day in the NEC at the quilt festival. Some amazing stuff there, some people have so much talent.

I now have loads of ideas, just need to fit it all in 

Larry, I hope all the trouble settles soon, not an easy time for you all

Missed Sluggy - bon voyage as they say

Westie, norty or not, you are an inspiration to us all.

I'm now very weary so am making my way to my bed, it's all very well visiting people and having a lovely time, but nothing like your own bed for a good night's sleep 

09/08/2013 at 21:55

Amen to that, Sue! I am on the way to my own bed as we speak 

Sweet dreams all xxx

09/08/2013 at 22:25

I am currently in bed

Weekend plans: painting walls, hair do, garden centre, plant plants, start holiday clothes washing

09/08/2013 at 22:42

Evening WAISTers

20 miles done this afternoon although I have to admit the squirrels were holding me back the last 3, making me walk a few times, but got there in the end! Well pleased, but tired legs for sure.

Adams back on leave today too, 18 days summer leave, so looking forward to that Just back from the pub ....

Meldy: to answer, no I dont think we will, there will always be some dick who will want to profit from something elses demise.

Nogs: did you really post that?

Off to bed now too, More house tidying and moveing to do in betwen doing stuff with Adam.

Will read back a bit further tommorow.

Edited: 09/08/2013 at 22:48
10/08/2013 at 07:37

Morning 

Well pootled cheesy. I'm guessing that you were on foot and not a bike? and the squirrels? Do they have monster ones that accost you in the forest?

Welcome back, sue. You can have a lie in this morning as I'm on breakfast duty this morning.

Oh snaily, where are we going o holibob?

What to do today?

10/08/2013 at 08:21

Yums you could come with us to my niece's engagement party. An engagement party? What does one wear? What does one do? Take bets on how much the wedding will cost and how long the marriage will last? I'm putting on my checked shirt and sensible shoes and will give my face a good scrub.....

10/08/2013 at 08:41

Well plodded cheesy

oh I love a good party, are you wearing skirt with your checked shirt and sensible shoes DL???

yums my brekkie order is a bacon sarnie. Then I have a wall that needs painting if your at a loose end!!!

M...eldy    pirate
10/08/2013 at 08:54

I have been at my desk for 2 hours .. doesnt time fly when you are enjoying yourself 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/08/2013 at 09:48

morning

DL at an engagement party I suppose anything goes - check shirt and scrubbed face sounds fine to me 

Thanks for the lie in Yumms, I needed that.

Lots to do today, a vacuum cleaner to be repaired maybe some outside painting and lots of orders for sewing to do. I may squeeze in a bike ride later.

10/08/2013 at 11:00

Oops morning all, running around a bit this morning busy busy will look in later

10/08/2013 at 11:06

Yums, what you doing up at 7 am on a Saturday??? Does the houndie wake you? If I'd known you were up so early I'd have put in my breakfast order last night, bit late now, I fear 

Melds, indeed, when things are as much fun as your job the hours just fly by  But at least you were 2 hours into the working day at 8 am and not 1 am!!

DL, an engagement party....hmmm, never met one of those. Everyone I know lived together before they got married so getting engaged was more of a convenience than an event. Will be interested to know the order of service at such an event!

Sue, you're taking orders for sewing now??? Are you doing patchwork or something semi-professionally?? And be honest---cant you imagine finding 40 more hours every week to use for work?!? 

Fab chugging there, Cheesie---and how lovely that Adam is home for a good visit so you can relax together instead of trying to cram everything into only 12 hours or something. Must mean a lot to him too. xxx

Snaily, you are the original Superwoman, I think! Clearly before the weekend is out you will have re=painted the house, completely filled the new garden and prepared everything for your holiday!  If you find you have time left over, I could surely use you around here!! 

Been to the market early (Saturday is changeover day, so by this afternoon the little local town will be gridlocked and the supermarket will be heaving). Astonishingly I seem to be caught up with most things so I can spend the afternoon in the 14th century )))) 

M...eldy    pirate
10/08/2013 at 11:56

and now its nearly lunchtime  

5 horus to go ....

10/08/2013 at 12:17

May your time fly Melds.

Chuggs - changover day? In rural France?  That doesn't sound right.  

For the first time this year, I think, HL and I have a weekend with absolutely nothing planned.

I've done a few chores whilst HL is at T***o.  I'd like to do a ride in a bit and we have a proper Sunday lunch lined up for tomorrow.  That's it.

Anyone racing this weekend?

I need to speak to Herself about the Bank Holiday weekend.  The Zappi is on the Sunday and we were thinking of a laid back lunch for neighbours and friends sometime over that weekend.

That's enough mither from me.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/08/2013 at 12:27

Gentle Chugger wrote (see)

Sue, you're taking orders for sewing now??? Are you doing patchwork or something semi-professionally?? 

The 'orders' are from family who randomly ask "Nanny, can you make.......?" Last week it was an iPad mini case for a friends birthday. It had to have one of those minion things on! This week it's a case for an ereader, and a pencil case.  Of course materials, zips and other notions are free  - to be fair, most of the materials I need for those things come out of my scrap stash, it's the sundries that cost. 

Better get on with it!

M...eldy    pirate
10/08/2013 at 12:39

Yep crack on Dragon !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.