for joggers, slow runners, run/walkers and newbies

221,321 to 221,340 of 242,762 messages
yeo
15/08/2013 at 21:37

Mind you we have canals

They're mostly flat

15/08/2013 at 22:00

Oh Cheesy - you really are sunk now

Oh please dog (and Melds) let me NOT be the recipient of DL's attentions in Secret Santa this year

Yay Paula - a Westie - and you've yet to meet our very own Westie too Youll deffo fit in around here although more frequent visits reduce the reading back time required I find.....  A few folk around your way from the WAISTer lounge including one on the Isle of Man - what a shame you didn't stick your head round the door before hubbie went to do his race!

Melds - glad the GPO is no longer hungry.......I feared for the builder

You stick to them there canals Yeo - don't want anything to do with them nasty upflat things

Well I swimbled and hated it - I think I'm overthinking it currently as instead of being a pleasure it all feels very uncomfortable and unnatural at the moment and I've always been a water babe until very recently

Bed now - see you tomorrow

BTW can someome remind me in the morning to swing via St Gregory's for some files on the way to work?

Ta muchly

15/08/2013 at 22:09

Yeo, I've just left Stoke and moved to Devon.  My stoke route was hilly, my Devon route is still bloody hilly!!!   The big question is......what is your favourite Oatcake Filling??

Paula - I am on the look out for a Westie, we have the "dog" debate going on in our household, I want one, MrS says they tie us to the house too much.  Which is true, but I don't care!   Not sure about he snake though, I think you are the first WASTer to have a pet snake    Well done on the 2 miles, how did you get on tonight?

Oh Cheesy, you better get you swim practice in too!

No running for me tonight, neighbour cried off and I was shattered, its the first night I got home and ate before 8pm!  so I've chilled out.   But up and at em tomorrow, I've even washed my running gear.

So SS this year is going to be Vesta food and woolly hats!!!

Right off to bed, anyone want a shout for an early run????

15/08/2013 at 22:46

Podds, drop by St Gregory's to pick up some files( I initially read that as flies)

Yeo, hills are your friends. Perhaps you could just run the downhills 

Is it bedtime yet?

15/08/2013 at 22:47

Nice bike cheesy but would be better with spokeys

yeo
15/08/2013 at 22:57

Snaily, in answer to the big question usually cheese and bacon.  When I lived in Korwich I used to take home a suitcase of oatcakes when I came to visit family.

Coincidentally, Nephew 2 is shortly moving to Devon from Stoke.  Well, Newcastle-U-L.  I'm posh so I live in Kidsgrove

Yums, it's downhill to the canal  But uphill back

M...eldy    pirate
15/08/2013 at 22:58

Oh I dont know Snaily .. currently taking bets as to which of the male WAISTers will be first in here to let us know they have been housing an anaconda in the trouser department

yeo
15/08/2013 at 23:11

* looks  *

* shakes head sadly *

15/08/2013 at 23:18

evening Lurker old man here.Yes I do have a soft spot for the four legged westies Paula lost mine a couple of years back but some times it just seems like yesterday. I have 17 years of very happy memories.
Have not been out plodding for a while now just a bit of walking on the hills and the beer has gone down to well so putting on the weight .
Use to do a bit of walking in the roaches near leek in my younger days and that was not too flat.Now it's the Highlands to walk about but it's getting harder to do that these days..
Still another few days and it will be the french alps to knacker myself on .

Time for bed will continue doing my lurking bit and keep an eye on you all

M...eldy    pirate
15/08/2013 at 23:57

2 hours til bed time and it cant come soon enough

Then I shall be hightailing it down to Devon 

15/08/2013 at 23:59

Have a good trip M..eldy

Just trying a link for Paula of my old friend

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151010102554013&l=7c5aec086b

16/08/2013 at 01:14

*pops in head to admire the trouser snakes*

16/08/2013 at 01:17

Have a lovely time in Devon Melds

Its a bit windy!

and I don't mean me!

Or Mr Spence!

and it's raining!! But our new tent doesn't leak!

16/08/2013 at 07:11

Morning Podds - you wanted a reminder to go swinging this morning, not my place to judge really, but isn't it a little early for that sort of thing? You're usually out dogging in the morning aren't you?

what has Devon done?

Probably need to apologise as we have finally booked our camping trip for next weekend which explains why it's already started raining. Expect flooding by Thursday and hurricanes for the weekend.

Happy hoorah it's Friday which means there's hope of a lie in on the horizon

Edited: 16/08/2013 at 07:12
16/08/2013 at 07:44

Morning 

M......eldy, I can't believe you said that. It hadn't even crossed my mind. But funny how Spence appeared right on cue.

Oh, DL, you have book BH weekends nice one But where are you going so we can be absolutely sure to avoid it 

Oooh, westie, Pippi went to the Alps n I've not seen her since:O 

Bunking run club this morning. Its games on the field but sometimes that involves excessive star jumps, burpees n short sharp running n I kinda lost my confidence in my knee a little. So, instead, I thought I would have a nice steady trot on my todd. That way I can dictate the pace, distance n walk if I want. 

Cycle ride chum still not agreed/declined.  I do not want to hold my plans n then get a no. This happens every time!

16/08/2013 at 07:58

Hi all

Yums - I wouldn't want to do star jumps and burpees on my knee at the moment so I think you've made the right choice.  I'm guessing that things like that will be in my physio's bag of tricks (bag of horrors more like) further down the line when the knee is stronger and possibly the same for you too?  As lots of peeps on here tell me, it's better to work at it slowly 

Have fun in Devon, Melds!

Yay to fridays . and to this one in particular  There's a 747 with MrSA's name on it (oh, alright, it has BA written on it instead), already waiting at Jo'burg airport to bring him home.  I had a fantastic few days at the start of the week on my own, but since about tuesday I've really missed him.  And I realised he does an awful lot of stuff round the house cos I've had to do it all myself this week 

Chiropractor this morning, possible swimble this afternoon if I can be @rsed.

Raining here and the cats don't look impressed.

Happy WAISTing all.

16/08/2013 at 08:01

Morning!

yums, I'm curious, man = trouser snake. Lady = !? 

16/08/2013 at 08:03

Uh oh 

16/08/2013 at 08:07

Morning team,

You can always rely on Spence to lower the tone.

What with her and my ex mate Spanish Dave living there I can't see Birmingham becoming European City of Culture anytime soon.

It's flippin wet here at the mo, so a bit of work rescheduling going on.

No thought of any snake related japery going on here - I promise. (aren't Anacondas quite small? Thanks for the ego boost Melds)

Not sure I've ever had an oatcake.  Us southeners are more quiche or rocket on a bed of couscous sorts.  

16/08/2013 at 08:09

Panic over, I'm that insecure I had to Google Anaconda.  It's ok, they're  a group of quite large snakes.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.